The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walking Around

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Walking Around - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue150/150Walking Around - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Walking Around - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:11 pm

I shake my head, "Nah, its mostly when he does rounds in the Seam, the coal dust gets into his system and well, he's not that used to it" I say, smiling. My dad could visit the Seam a hundred times selling his meat at discount for the people there, and sometimes for free, and he would still be effected by the coal that was literally everywhere in that part of the district. Luckily, the market square wasn't as badly coated, so he could manage fine there.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Walking Around - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue150/150Walking Around - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:19 pm

I thought for a moment and then got up and walked to the edge of the fence, where the grass was a bit longer and I took an arm full of long grass and brought it back with me sitting next to Frank again. I set the stuff down in my lap and began to weave the pieces of grass swiftly. She was quite good at doing this sort of thing. "He still needs to get the coal dust out of his lungs, it's not good for him...I'll make him something that'll help clean his lungs completely of the coal dust." I say and my fingers were still working at weaving the mask I was trying to make. "This is also going to be a mask to help keep a majority of the dust out of his lungs. Wont keep it all out but most." I said.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:48 pm

I laughed, "I bet he'll use it every day, and I'll laugh at him for looking silly" I say, looking at the mask. "But if it works, I'm not going to tell him not to wear it" I say, smiling. "I'll give it to him, thanks" I was secretly thinking to myself that those masks could be really helpful to the miners, and also to Florene if she was ever in an arena with lots of caves, but I didn't mention this, better she come to that conclusion at her own pace.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:01 pm

After I finished the mask in a matter of seconds I placed it in his lap. "I suppose it helps to have your parents as healers of sort." I say smiling and then picked more grass up weaving more masks. It's just something to so with my hands and it works well. "Do you think I should just..Give these away to the children of the seam? I mean it'd be helping them and it'd be one step towards my goal." I say as my fingers were busy at work. Those children would be more at risk to being deathly ill from the coal dust and it was best for the next generation to be healthy as possible.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:12 am

I shrugged, "I guess you could do that" I say, smiling at her willingness to give. "You could make some for the miners too, if we're coming up with ideas" I add in passively, making it seem like a passing thought. I figured it was as good a time as any, right after she sprang the idea to give them to one demographic, suggest another.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:16 am

I smiled at Frank's suggestion. "Not a bad idea, maybe it'll turn into a new fashion." I say jokingly. I finished one and then began working on another. It would be another fifty of these until my hands got sore but that would be enough to cover some of the children and then make more. I really felt terrible for the kids on the seam and as a district I really think we should all help each other out. "I'm rather proud of the miners, I mean most of them are forced to work in that trade because of their history but their brave going down in the mines each day with their life at risk." I say thinking about everything on the seam.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:57 pm

I smile, enjoying the change of the mood. I look over towards the Seam, the dusty air visible from a distance. "I think that'd be a great idea" I say, imagining the better chances at living longer it could provide for most of the Seam. "No idea what the Peacekeepers would think of it" I say, "They don't care about our health, but they usually don't care if we improve it either"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:03 pm

I smile back at Frank. "I guess it would be impossible to clean the coal dust out wouldn't it?" I say looking at it from a distance. I finished about four masks already but I was running low on grass there for a bit. I finished off making some of them with the grass and held them in my arms. "We should probably head back near our homes. My parents probably want me to help out again anyway." I say while stretching my arms forward.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:22 pm

I nod, "Yeah, my shift starts soon anyways". I look back at the town square. "We've had a lot of trades lately, kids with terasae giving grain and oil for meat". They didn't get much of it, but it was the best we could do for them.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:25 pm

I got up from the grass holding the masks I had made and then waited for Frank to get up. "We had a few trades for medicine and stuff. Lots of parents have sick children or they want their children to be healthier in case of the games." I say silently.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:30 pm

I sigh, "Hopefully none of the sick kids get reaped, they have enough to deal with already" I say. I work at staying passive about the games, so as not to provoke bad reactions from people. It also helped keep out of trouble with eavesdropping Peacekeepers.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:39 pm

"Hopefully." I agree. After Frank was up we both started to walk back to town square and when we arrived there my place came up first. I stood at the door for a moment. "I will get you the medicine to help your dad later on after dinner or something." I say with a small smile. "Oh, and may the odd be ever in your favor." I said jokingly. "Bye, Frank."
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Female Posts : 389
Birthday : 1993-09-10

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Another day of trading. I walk around the hob and look at the verious booths that offer things to trade or bye. I got a hand full of coins that I could use. I got them from an odd job that I picked up by washing people's clothes.

Last edited by XxXThedarkoneXxX on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Female Posts : 521
Birthday : 1998-06-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 10:52 am

I wake up and I see that Joseph is still asleep. I quietly throw on some clothes before I head out. I take some old clothes that are needing changed. I also take some of the money that Joseph had laying out on the table. I then head out and go towards the Hob to get some food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking Around
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3