The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walking Around

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Walking Around Left_bar_bleue150/150Walking Around Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:53 pm

I had woken up early this morning and had one apple to satisfy my needs of hunger for the moment and then I had a shower but a cold one seeing as we only used the little bit of hot water we had at the end of the day for when we were actually dirty. After I had slipped on my black pants and a plain white shirt with my brown leather jacket over top and my knee high brown boots on next. My hair was then brushed and pulled back into a pony tail and I left a few strands of blonde hair out and then I wrote a note to my family.

After a few moment I had ended up in the hob walking around the place looking at a few things. The hob was rather interesting and sometimes scary but this was where Frank had asked to meet. Frank and I were friends and we would hang out every so often. I only really had one thing on my mind and that was the hunger games and I had no clue how I would handle it if I had been chosen.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:27 pm

I stride into the Hob, looking for Florene. I catch sight of her across the Hob, and make my way through a small crowd to her. "Hey!" I shout, smiling. "Whats up?" I ask. We both had pretty good lives so far, so positive thinking wasn't so hard to come by.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:19 pm

I wasn't too deep in my thoughts when I heard Frank. I could feel the smile that was going into place as he came up to me and he asked what was up. I gave him a small wave and then sighed before I spoke. "Nothing really, just thinking of the up coming hunger games." Not many people liked talking about the hunger games and sure I had a fairly good life, I wasn't starving or anything. I really was able to think positively but the games were creeping up on us and no one had a clue who would be picked as the tributes this year and I honestly wished that neither Frank or my self would be picked at the reaping.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:27 pm

I scowled at the mention of the games, they were a mockery of the so-called 'independence' the capitol claimed to have given us. They were also, however, a chance to escape poverty, or prove the worth of your district and bring it food. Florene and I both looked at the games in this similar way, which was really a big contributing factor to the start of our friendship. "Well, at least we don't have to sign up for teserae."
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:21 pm

I knew well enough that Frank and I had the same views on the games, well they were close enough at least. When he mentioned that at least they wouldn't have to sign up for teserae, he was right. "Yea, my family has enough money to get by." I said sighing. The games coming up only reminded me of my sister who had fought in the hunger games once her self and she died. It hadn't been fair but what was I supposed to do about it? Nothing, I was just some girl in district twelve. "Anyway, anything interesting going on that I'm not aware of? What would you like to do?" I asked now staring up at the sky thinking of possible things to do but barely any came to mind.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:18 am

I looked around the Hob as she talked, picking up on new things up for sale at the stalls, and who might be new to the market. I heard the beginning of a question forming, and turned my attention back to Florene. News? I thought about it. "I'm not sure, really", I remembered some of the stuff I'd seen around the hob, moments ago. "One of the stalls over there has what is being called 'fresh beef' for a few coins, but I wouldn't trust that freshness for very long, or whether it's even beef". I pause, "Other than that, not much, why?"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:34 am

I wrinkled my nose when he spoke of the 'fresh beef' for a few coins and how it probably wasn't even fresh or beef. "That's rather revolting." I comment. "No reason, just figured it'd be something a little more pleasant to speak about." I say as I look around the hob. "What to do..What to do." I think aloud having my eyes still flicker around the hob. "Nothing much to do here in district twelve is there?" I ask sighing sightly and closing my eyes for a few moments and then reopen them, with the slight thought that maybe there would be something magically popping up for them to do.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 6:44 pm

I laughed, "I hope it didn't take you this long to figure that out". Picking up an apple and paying for it, I walk around the hob with Florene. I take a bite of my apple and then direct a question her way, "Who do you think goes in this year?" I ask, surveying the crowd in the hob. It wasn't a very bright crowd, but at least the people here could manage to trade, which usually meant they were getting by.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:23 pm

I laugh at Frank's comment and shake my head lightly. "I noticed before but this is the first I voiced my opinion on it."I said grinning. After Frank got his apple we began walking around the hob. That was when he directed a question at me. "It's hard to tell who goes in this year, got quite a few selections and the odds vary for certain people, I like to think that soon I'll most likely be chosen for it, the odds were against my sister after all." I say remembering the year my sister went into the games, it wasn't because she was reaped..It was because I was reaped and she took my place but I didn't like speaking of it that way and everyone in district twelve knew that, even Frank knew it. It made it harder for me to know that my sister put her self up there for me and she willingly walked into her death sentence. It was harsh but it was the truth. "Really anyone can be picked, even a twelve year old at their first reaping."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:31 am

I smile at the ranting of Florene, as she was going on about the reapings. "That's what makes the games so terrible isn't it?" I ask, regarding the age group, "It picks out kids to fight, not adults, kids weren't the ones to fight, so why do we pay?" I say, keeping my voice in a lower tone so as not to be overheard. "On the bright side, I don't have much longer of worrying about this"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:42 pm

I was off thinking again as Frank spoke. It happened frequently but I still heard what he said, I just liked to think about things. "They're terrible." I said in a hushed yet soft voice as I stared off into space. "They make the adults pay by sending their children in to fight each other, that's how they see it." I said quietly not wanting to be overheard. When Frank mentioned he didn't have much worrying left to do I frowned. "You're lucky, this is your last year, I still have two years to go." I said staring at the ground now sighing softly. The next thought came to mind made me frown more. "Frank, what if you get chosen as the tribute? and you don't make it back? Or what if we're both chosen as tributes? We might have to kill each other." I said silently. It was a terrible thing to think but it was true.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:55 pm

I laugh, attempting to lighten the mood. I looked up through a hole in the roof of the hob, "I'd say the odds of that are not very likely". I buy a chicken leg and start eating it, only really buying it to help out the seller, since I really didn't need to buy any meat, given my father's occupation. "Even if that happens, we could just be allies and then split late in the game, we'd be less likely to have to fight each other that way"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:02 pm

I gave a small smile at Frank. He's been eating quite a bit since we started hanging out and it put a grin on my face. "Trying to fatten up in case you go into the games and have to go against the careers." I joked. I knew it was very unlikely that he'd be reaped anyway. "Sounds like a plan, Stan." I spoke grinning again and winking at him. "What are you doing after school again?" I ask changing the topic slightly.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:11 pm

I laugh and take another bite of the chicken, "If I were in the games, the Careers would beg me to be their ally" I say confidently, that was the point, train like a career, be like a career, win like a career. My dad had done that for each of his sons, and I was the last of them. I almost missed her second question, "No idea, probably relaxing as much as I can, working at the butchers like usual" I respond, "How about you?" I ask.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm

I roll my eyes. "Well that's good for you, You'd probably last fairly long if you went in the games..Maybe even win." I say knowing how Frank's father raised them. When he answered my question I looked over at him, "Do you want to work at the butchers shop?" I asked and then sighed. "If I survive all the reapings then I will most likely stay in my parents shop helping with medical stuff and herbs." I spoke meanwhile looking around at all the different stalls around the hob.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:26 pm

I think about her question, as life being a butcher was alright, and it had kept my father with more than enough money. "I'd probably take over the business if I could in the future" I say, thinking about the long term, "I mean, it would give my kids the same advantages me and my brothers have gotten". I realize after saying this that I'd never even thought about ever having a kid before this moment.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:32 pm

I look around a bit observing the different things at each stall in the hob waiting for his answer then I hear it and think about it for a moment, slowly I nod my head. "Sounds reasonable." I say and take a deep breath. "I suppose a butcher isn't a bad occupation." I said. When he mentioned kids I didn't actually think he ever considered having children. "You want children? Why? They'd just have to go through the same **** we are." I say thinking about it and realize I wouldn't want children if the hunger games were still taking place..I'd probably refuse to have any..That was if I made it past the reapings.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:42 pm

I shrug and toss the chicken bone on the ground, "Just popped into my head, I've never really thought about it" I say. Thinking on it more, I realize something, "It wouldn't be so bad for my kids though, I mean, my brothers both went without being reaped, I'm 18 and haven't been reaped yet" I make a split decision to finish my rant instead of cooling off. "They wouldn't have to sign up to get extra grain either, and all in all, it would be a lonely life here in 12 without kids"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:49 pm

I shrug. "I rather help out the kids who are sick and not well fed then have my own." I say thinking about it now. "Possibly go home to home talking with the kids on the seam offering them some food I have to spare." I say and one more point comes to my mind. "If I get reaped and win..I am going to help feed the kids on the seam..I don't care what the peacekeepers do to me. No one should have to live with very little food and almost starve to death." I say and then breathe in deeply calming my self before going into a rant. "So yea, I rather not have kids. I rather help them out." I said and continued looking on ahead.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:54 pm

I brush off the feeling of disagreement in the air, and attempt to defuse the possibility of an argument. "That's cool, I just feel like I'd be unable to retain my sanity living alone" I bring it back to my brothers, "My whole life has been my brothers around with me, I'm too used to having people around" I say, realizing as I say it that my potential inability to be solitary could be a flaw in the games. I shrug off the feeling, reminding myself that I would be able to remind myself of the situation surrounding me if I was in the games, and would really not want to be around the other people in the arena.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:04 am

I look up at the roof of the hob for a moment and then my eyes fall upon Frank. "I get what you're saying. I'm just used to being alone, I mean I didn't speak for almost two years..I went to school and stuff but I kept to my self. I don't mind the being lonely in all honesty but that's just me. If I had brothers like yours I don't think I'd like being alone either." I say in agreement to him. After my sister's death I just wasn't close to anyone and didn't feel I needed people around me, I shrug off the thought knowing now that I had at least Frank..I did before but that wasn't the point. "How are your brothers anyway?" I ask curious to know.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:15 am

I shrug at her question, which came after a lengthy pause, at which I really didn't think I wanted to know what she had thought about during. "They're fine, all grown up now, so they have less to worry about than I do" I look around the hob for anything interesting to buy, "I haven't seen them lately, we're all working our own hours at the butchers right now"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:25 am

I thought for a moment and a smirk came on my face. "They haven't had any luck with girls have they." I say with a small laugh. I kept scanning over everything trying to think of something to buy but nothing came to mind and I sighed. "I want to do something other than walking around the hob, I've seen everything here now. I kinda want to see something new." I said looking at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:33 am

I smile, considering lying to keep my brothers' reputations a bit higher than they should be, "Nah, they probably smell too much like blood and guts, just like me" I say, heading towards the exit of the hob, "Well then" I say, thinking of the small size of the district. "Where do you want to do? There isn't that much to see in District 12" I say.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:39 am

I laugh at Frank's answer and shake my head a bit. "How do you expect to get a wife to have children with if you smell like blood and guts, most girls run as soon as they see anything like that." I say with a smile on my face. As we left the hob I thought of a place. "Well I suppose you are right, there isn't much to see in district twelve." I say looking around and thinking of somewhere, any place to go would be interesting, more so then the hob. "Is there anywhere grassy in district twelve?" I ask not being able to remember exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Walking Around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking Around
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next