The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walking Around

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Walking Around - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150Walking Around - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Walking Around - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:46 am

I laugh, "I'd wash off before seeing her because I'm not a barbarian". I lift my arms up and sniff my armpits, "Exhibit A, I didn't come walk around here with a friend while smelling like I just dived into a pool of raw meat". I ponder some possible places in the district that could be called grassy, most were poor excuses. "There's a big meadow with some trees at the edge of the district" I say, pointing in the general direction of the meadow in question.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Walking Around - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150Walking Around - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:52 am

I laugh as Frank smells his armpits. "Did you real need to do that?" I ask raising my eyebrows and giving out one more small laugh. "At least working with herbs and stuff you don't smell bad, just smell..Herby." I say with a smile on my face. When he mentioned the meadow just at the edge of the district I try to remember and then nod. "Well, closest thing we have, right?" I say and start walking off in that general direction, knowing Frank will catch up,"I'm glad you have the decency to at least smell better than raw meat in front of me."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:03 am

I grin, "First of all, yes, I did have to do that, second I think the closest thing to a grassy area we have is indeed the grassy area we're heading to, and third, you're welcome, I am proud of being so considerate when it comes to my odors". I then start towards the meadow, proud of my rant.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:10 am

I shake my head laughing a bit. "You're such a goof, Frank." I say. As we approach the grassy area I instantly fall back into the grass. It offered a scent that smelled like home to me. "First of all, it's a little disgusting to see you smell your pits, secondly I have to agree it's one of the best and thirdly, well I can't complain about your consideration." I say smiling and look up at the blue sky and sighed. "Too bad girls couldn't volunteer for guys, I think it'd be quite interesting but I suppose it'd go against the rules of having one man and one woman." I say. I laid there for a bit thinking about what Frank said earlier about him and his brothers being lucky being not being reaped so far, if only she had his luck.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:07 pm

I smile, falling to the grass slowly. "I don't think that would do much other than throw off the equality between guys and girls" I say, looking at the sky. Tis meadow was one of the few places in the district that didn't have coal dust all over it. It was far enough from the mines to avoid that, and had clean air, which was probably why most kids played here after school."What would you do, if you were in the games?" I ask quietly.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:05 pm

I was still looking up at the sky and could see it quite clearly. I suppose it was true what he said and for awhile I just stayed silently my eyes slowly moving around taking in the surroundings. I was surprised little kids weren't playing here yet today, rather odd to me but everything had a reason. That was when I just heard his question. My eyes moved and fixed on Frank. There was only one answer I could think of and it was simple. "I'd try to win." I say quietly with a hint of sadness and just then it was like the world wanted me to suffer and all I could picture was when my sister was decapitated in the games and I closed my eyes tightly trying to get it out of my head.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:00 pm

I shook my head, looking over at Florene, "I bet you would win, no doubt about it" I say confidently, and truthfully. If anyone from this district was capable of winning, it was her. She was good with knives in a few different ways, and she was a really quick learner. "I bet you'd come home and live in the victors village with more than enough money to help out the kids in the seam".
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 pm

I kept my eyes closed before opening them and giving Frank a small smile but it quickly faded. "District twelve never wins though, the careers are always far better than our tributes." I say and for once my eyes are still fixed on Frank, it was quite a serious topic and it wasn't one you would want to zone out in. "Fay had twice the skills I did..If she couldn't survive or win, how could I?" I ask him.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:16 pm

(Just double checking to see if you know I posted.. Because this did happen before, where you thought you posted but didn't xD)
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:17 pm

I shake my head, this was a very difficult subject to discuss with Florene. "Its not all your skills, you can learn new stuff in training, its thinking like a career that lets you beat the careers" I say, preparing to elaborate. "You have to believe you can win to have a good chance at winning"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:31 pm

I sigh softly. "I'm not going to give myself the highest confidence I can, that leads to you getting killed." I say thinking about what he was saying. "Sure I could learn new skills but who knows what the game makers decide to throw at you." I said and then fell silent. I had much more to say but it wasn't worth getting into it when nothing had happened yet. "What would you do if you were reaped?" I asked him now slightly curious, although the typical answer would be 'try to win' and I knew it but that'd be everyone's response.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:49 pm

I let out a short sigh at the blast of pessimism. Then start working my thoughts together to not let it show. I listened to her question and had no hesitation in answering, "I'd kill every single one of them, Florene" I say, my tone dead serious. "I would do everything needed to stand in the victors village and be able to say I survived"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 7:07 pm

I look down for a moment and it continues while Frank answers. It was basically something anyone would say or try to do but sometimes when people came home they came back different and they weren't themselves. Sometimes they were but they weren't. "What if the arena changes you." I say bluntly and quietly because although it was a negative thing to say it was just on my mind and I couldn't keep it held back.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:36 pm

I shrug, indicating that would be a bridge to cross when I'd get there. "There's really no good answer to that, and there is no what if," I say, sighing. "The Arena changes you, no questions asked" I point this out in a slightly more relaxed tone, as I remind myself this isn't likely to be my problem. "Probably you come home and try to forget"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:26 pm

I take what Frank has to say into consideration and I know he's right. You did get changed, there was no 'if' to that. Florene hadn't even been in the games a few years ago and they changed her. "The games change everyone..Everyone who has a loved one in there." I say feeling the same pang of sadness I always do when I think about what my sister did and how she lost her life because of it. Without noticing it I was sitting up now and my hands on the ground, fingers digging into the ground, as if it was a clutch for me not to cry. Florene didn't even like being negative or anything of sorts but each year the closer it got to the games the more upset and angry she'd get.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 pm

I was going to answer with something logical, but once I saw Florene's fingers digging into the dirt, I knew that would have been catastrophic. I slide across the grass to her side and put an arm around her shoulder, hugging her. It was a brotherly type of hug. "Its alright, Florene" I say gently, and quietly. "You'll be fine, whatever happens". I try to figure out something I can do to soothe her, she was really digging her fingers into the dirt.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 pm

I hadn't even looked back up at Frank and I heard silence from him for awhile. Next thing I knew Frank was right beside me and her put an arm around my shoulder, hugging me. It was the same brotherly hug that gave me some comfort in these situations. I listen to his gentle but silent words and slowly my fingers relax and slowly come out of the ground. I wanted so desperately to just cry but at the same time I wouldn't allow myself to, and I refused to do such thing. I closed my eyes shut tight, as tight as I could trying to block out any negative thoughts that crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:28 pm

I held Florene next to me for her comfort. I realized that in all of the District, there were at least fourty other kids who had these problems, of losing a sibling to the Games, there was one or two victors, of course, but the majority of our tributes had been killed. I decided I would let her say something when she was ready, and just kept hugging her silently, rubbing her arm soothingly.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:13 am

When Frank held me for comfort it took me all I had to not cry. I was stronger than that and I knew it. I let Frank comfort me though, not just because I liked the comfort but also because it did help in many different ways. I knew there were others like me in this district. I stayed silent for quite a long while before speaking, "It's just hard..I could have just gone into the games that year..I could have died and felt no guilt about her death now." I looked up at Frank. "I really hope you don't get reaped..If I lose you too, I don't know what I'll do, you can't leave me alone." I said and one tear managed to escape and roll down my face. Frank was one of my closest friends and one of my only ones. If I lost him, I really wouldn't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 4:46 pm

I realized that the implications to what Florene was saying were more complicated than I would have originally thought. 'you can't leave me alone'. Was I the only person in her life right now? Was I this much of an important friend to her? I had to play this situation out calmly. "I won't leave you, if I get reaped, I'm coming back alive" I say decidedly, but gently.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:07 pm

With the many negative thoughts still in my head my fingers tensed up again finding the ground, the same old clutch. I tried to refrain myself from saying it but I couldn't. "You can't promise that." and before I could stop talking more negative words came out of my mouth. "What if you don't come out alive? What if I end up being forced to watch you get killed off or ..." That was when I finally was able to shut up and keep my mouth shut and my eyes returned to being closed tightly.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:18 pm

I sighed, knowing all the 'what ifs' weren't questions I could answer."I can promise that whatever bad things happen for me if I get reaped, I'll make sure worse happens for the rest of the tributes" I say, fearing the worst as a response. This wasn't an argument I wanted to have.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:39 pm

I released my fingers once more and I sighed. I heard Frank's response. I couldn't really expect much answers from him because they were things out of his control and knowledge and I had just said things not meaning to. I pulled my self up off the ground and stood there for a moment with my eyes opened again. I didn't want to argue with Frank..More so not about this. I was looking down at the ground now, "I'm sorry." I said softly to him. It was a few minutes before I slowly sat back down and brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, as my chin rested on my knees. "How's your dad?" I ask trying to move away from the old topic.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:28 pm

I moved up beside her, "Hes doing alright, has a bit of a cough right now though" I say, trying to keep things positive from here on out. This was a situation where, as had happened just minutes before, one wrong word, even if said with good intentions, can set off a bad event. I turn my head to face her. "How are your parents?" I ask, knowing her parents had managed to get back on their feet with life.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:36 pm

When Frank said his father was fine and just had a cough for now she nodded. Then he had asked about her parents. "They're always busy.. Dad goes out to collect things early in the morning and then mom is always busy away making healing antidotes and such and she helps the medics out. I'm proud of her though and even my dad." I say with a small smile. "Your dad's cough isn't anything too serious is it? If it's mild I think I may have something back at my family's shop to help him." I said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking Around   Walking Around - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking Around
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next