The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just let me sleep

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Just let me sleep Left_bar_bleue150/150Just let me sleep Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Just let me sleep BwTEbUx
Just let me sleep Tumblr_mpvwcqkHp21r7rw99o1_250

Derald rolled around in bed, the bed he had almost all his life. He snuck back that night to sleep back in their own by the farm and left the house at the Victor Village empty. it's quite amusing though the bunch of them; sometimes they'll stay there, and sometimes they'll stay here. It depends really, they stay at the Victor's Village because they're expected to. But the home sickness creeps back and they casually pays a visit back home and spend a couple of nights back there with Darrin. A couple. Apart of his thoughts linger towards Annie and prolly paying her a visit, since his family kinda just invaded her personal space and are 'best of buddies' and chummy. But he realised that he never got to meet her family much. He was too tired to actually think though so he just blanked out. He was already drifting off to sleep with the back of his mind letting go of all the tiredness from the Capitol and he pulled the thin covers over, letting the silence take him off to the carefree unconciousness.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Just let me sleep Left_bar_bleue1/1Just let me sleep Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:50 pm

There was a gentle breeze coming from an open window as Derald pulled the sheet over himself.  Almost too slight to be noticed.  But that wasn't the strange thing about this night.

Just let me sleep Tumblr_n62erhSelG1txaqq4o5_r1_250

Had it really been two years already?  Well, almost two years; their Games had lasted longer.  But two years was a good estimate.  Enough time for many things to happen.  Things influenced by he himself.  But not everything.  Derald had to do something on his own.  And, even if he felt this was an invasion of the Victor's privacy, Derald needed a push.  To understand.  To make a move.  Something.

Xav approached the sleeping figure and placed a hand, a deathly pale hand, on his shoulder.  Shook him roughly, knowing he was a heavy sleeper this time of night.  "Derry, get up.  We need to talk."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Just let me sleep Left_bar_bleue150/150Just let me sleep Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 2:03 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_inline_myi462IWJj1qkavmj
I always wanted to use this gif

Derald felt somthing on his shoulder but he first shrugged it off and turned around, letting out a loud yawn before drifting back. But the second time it happened he made himself mumble, "Whadoya want Tess... I didn't finish the milk, I swear..." He rubbed his eyes before looking up to whoever it was. And when his vision focused, he jumped and hit his head onto the headboard. "The hell! Xavy? You're suppose to be dead! I.. I.." He stared at the boy standing beside his bed, the familiar perpetually pissed face. He had an expression of shock at first which then melted into a confused laugh, reaching out to see if his good friend was really real.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_n6u9c2pWAO1txaqq4o2_250

Xav rolled his eyes and took his hand back as Derald banged his skull on the headboard. "Are you trying to wake the entire house?" He said at a whisper. He glared at Derald's hand, which was trying to touch him. Trying, key word, because it went right through him. He sighed. "Not going to work. Can't touch a ghost, Derald." Xav turned and paced to the window, his feet making no sound on the floor. There was a bit of moonlight, which lit him up and filtered through him, turning his ghostly body silver. He wore the clothes he'd died in, that too-big pink shirt and pants, the boots that'd made it easier to walk, but they were clean; he was clean too, even his shoulder and gut wounds were healed. He turned his head to look at his friend. Yes, friend. "I don't have long."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 2:38 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_inline_myi1f4CiK71qkavmj

He hissed in pain and rubbed the back of his head as he grumbled, lighting up with a grin, "You're tryin' to wake the entire house." His grin faded though, seeing his friend go right pass his hand, that's when he really noticed Xavy, looking at what his wearing, whether he was still in bad shape... Still having the worst fashion sense ever. He even looked older already. It brought back really bad memories, flashing through his thought of how he slipped that knife right into Xavy. He thought he got those memories under control, but not anymore. "What are ya talkin' bout?" Now he was just more confused. He sounded like he was going to die with not much time, but he's already dead. Funny. "Is this bout my... my butchering skills? 'Cause I ain't doin' it." Derald got up from bed and walked over to his friend, his first instinct was to give Xavy a hug, but his mind kept the gruesome reminder in check.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_mzm3kgJxaW1snuvdjo8_r1_250

A smile played at his lips.  Just a light one.  "No.  There are other... skills you don't seem to realize you need."  He said.  Derald was still as confused as always.  Still grinning like an idiot.  Figures.  If their roles had been reversed... no.  He frowned.  No, his life was over.  But Derald still had plenty of time.  "You've known her for almost two years, Derry."  Xav looked him in the eyes; hopefully his use of that name would help the guy not be an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:07 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_inline_myi1o7KoDG1qkavmj

Derald raised an eyebrow. Now he just ain't making any sense at all. What skills? Why would Xavy care about his incompetency anyways? But somehow when Xavy brought up a her, he knew who he was talking about. He laughed at first, "You're still up with that nickname until now," he paused and looked away from Xavy, walking around the room, "...So?"
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_mzm3kgJxaW1snuvdjo6_r1_250

"Hell of a better name than Xavy" He replied, a hint of sarcasm laced in there.  Somewhere.  He'd never admit it, but he'd actually grown fond of the name.  It'd just been so long since he'd heard it used.  "So," he paused, looked out the window as the other boy turned away, "you like her, don't you?  And don't ask what I mean by that," The stars weren't the same as in Twelve, he suddenly noticed.  They seemed... shifted.  "You're dense, but not that dense."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:52 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_inline_myi395oXMC1qkavmj

He grinned as he leaned back against the window, "Ain't nothin' better than Xavy, you know that." He rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes during the short pause and he stared across his messy room. He caught himself shrugging automatically to answer his question, daydreaming a little before he finally snapped back and blurted out, "No.." He looked back to Xavy with a pout at him, "I ain't dense! ..Am I dense?" Tess ever called him dense before but he never gave much consideration to that at all. Was he really that dense? Derald crossed his arms and looked back at his time with his best friend, almost denying what somewhere deep inside he knew.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_mzm3kgJxaW1snuvdjo4_r1_250

Xav sighed.  "Dense enough to be in denial," he said, shaking his head at his friend.  He'd known this was going to be tough, but he hadn't said a word to Derald in so long, he'd almost forgotten.  "But you're not alone.  She's there too.  Denial, at least,"  He looked back to Derald then, noticing him pouting.  Xav blew a bit of air out of his nose, the closest he'd ever get to laughing, it seemed.  "You two can only bake so many pancakes."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:29 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_inline_myi21h0NoQ1qkavmj

Derald rolled his eyes as Xavy made assumptions. Denial was such a strange word to use. He drummed his fingers on his arm crossed, "Why would you know?" he tried to change the subject and bring up that fact. How would Xavy know anyways? He leaned back his head, knocking it slightly on the window with a sigh. He laughed weakly and tried the slap his friend's arm, "Shut up." He remembered the pancakes day quite distinctively, it was a first time he felt... Anyways, he shook his head to himself, not saying much.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_mzm3kgJxaW1snuvdjo5_r1_250

"It's obvious," he said, "Especially today..." he leaned back as well, the back of his head sliding through the wall a bit. He frowned as Derald's slap went right through him. He could've solidified it, could've felt it, but he shouldn't feel things anymore. "That's my catchphrase, moron," He snapped, but it calm out almost playful. "But like I said, I'm a ghost. And animals are better than coal." Xav almost felt bad for being a butcher. Almost. "But they aren't better than people. At least, not certain people."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:08 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_inline_myi13rh1yD1qkavmj

Derald blushed when Xavy mentioned about today, but he covered the thoughts with a disturbing one, has Xavy been following around all the time? ...Nah he was prolly dreaming, but it felt so real. He chuckled and shrugged with both his hands out, "Hey I get to use it once in awhile too right?" Derald grinned and turned his head towards Xavy, "Aaaaw, ya like it here don't ya?" but he went quiet when Xavy continued. He tried to understand the whole thing he just said but he squinted his eyes, trying to make his brain work the gears. "I don't get what yer hittin' at." People were hard to understand, but animals were so easy to understand their feelings.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:25 pm

Just let me sleep Tumblr_n6u9c2pWAO1txaqq4o2_250

"You could say that..."  Did he like it here?  Well, if he'd been in Twelve, he'd be stuck at home.  He couldn't deal with that.  Here, he had free range.  And what he really loved wasn't in 12 anymore anyway.  "You need someone that's more than a friend, Derald.  And you can't marry your dog."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 1:32 am

Just let me sleep Tumblr_inline_myi3b3m6B81qkavmj

Derald glanced to Xavy, and wondered what he did between these past two years. I mean if he could do much. Had he been in this district all this time? But that thought made him feel horrible, like he had the chance to talk to Xavy again, but he didn't notice it. And of course, Xavy brings the topic back to his love life. Derald scratched the size of his head and turned around, leaning his elbows over the windowsill, "She's my... best friend," he hesitated for a few seconds, not really sure of what to call Annie. "'Sides, who even thinks about marriage so early?" Derald grumbled, looking out to the sleeping animals in their little corner.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 1:51 am

Just let me sleep Tumblr_mz84qf779A1snuvdjo7_r1_250

Xavier nodded as he explained what Annie was to him. He held in the urge to say she was his only friend, it seemed. "Never said go ask for her hand first thing," he sighed, looked at the ceiling, not at the sky where the stars were just slightly off, "I did. Always thought I'd-" He stopped abruptly. That wasn't what he was here for. He wasn't here to tell Derald what he'd planned to do two, three years ago. All that was gone, everything he knew. Ten was his home now, it seemed, just as it was for everyone else. So his job was to make sure the Victor, his old friend, lived a good life. "Nevermind. All I'm saying is, she's special to you. Don't wait too long."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 2:22 am

Just let me sleep Tumblr_inline_myi3qawLgF1qkavmj

He didn't know what to reply to him, back to his love life. Why was Xavy so interested anyways? He lived through his life without seeing much love. It was just Darrin, Tess and him. His parents barely counted when they poofed on him at 6. What was affection? How do people even show that, he wouldn't know. He turned to Xavy when realised that he was seriously answering his question. But he stopped mid sentence and turned the tables again. She was special to him, no doubt but he doesn't know anymore. Derald shuffled closer to his friend, if contact won't do, distance can be comforting too, "Ya... wanna talk 'bout it?" He asked cautiously not really sure if he would want to. They never really got to know each other that well did they? Derald laughed inwardly, almost wanting more time to spend with his old friend.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 2:33 am

Just let me sleep Tumblr_mzm3kgJxaW1snuvdjo8_r1_250

For once, Xav's face wore an expression other than perpetual hatred. Confusion. "Talk about... what, exactly?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as Derald stepped closer. "I'm not what matters," He said, then nodded out the window, "Out there, that's who matters." Why did Derald even care? Couldn't he just listen, make a better life for himself? "But sure. You want to talk, we'll talk." He sighed again, then turned his eyes to Derald. "Where do I start?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 2:44 am

Just let me sleep Tumblr_n0jg15nNSN1r032zxo6_250

Derald shrugged when Xavy asked what he was talking about. How would he know? Xavy was the one that stopped halfway talking. Derald kicked the invisible dust on the floor and mumbled softly, "Well you matter to me too." He realise how much they both kinda changed, or at least Derald did. He didn't have the same energy talking with him than before, it wasn't the same. It wasn't so.. forced and obligatory, it felt comforting. "Wherever it gets interesting?" Derald joked and gesture a hand towards him, handing the floor to Xavy for story time.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 3:01 am

Just let me sleep Tumblr_n6u7mxNNK61txaqq4o6_r1_250

Xavier didn't react to that tiny little comment, but he heard it. For a second, he almost believed it. Almost. "Interesting? Me? Whatever," He scoffed. He was running out of places to look. The ground seemed fine, for now. It took a moment to figure out where to start. "There were three of us, back in Twelve. We grew up together, on the rich side," a laugh breaks in, just a light one, but still, it surprises him, "Did I tell you that? Butcher's son, that's me. Mom was a peacekeeper. I..." He stops, looks up at Derald. Should he go on? Why was he even telling him all that?
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 3:15 am

Just let me sleep Tumblr_mvr2osSSgS1qf6aujo2_250

Derald laughed and echoed after him, "Whatever." He took a sit on his bed and propped his leg up, staying quiet as Xavy took sometime before opening his mouth again. He paused to just stare at Derald and he grinned, "Peacekeeper mum? Now that's gotta be somethin'." He subtly nodded his head letting him continue. It was fine, if he had a limited amount of time with Xavy this would be what he'd want to spend it on, whether it felt selfish or not. And on the brightside, his love life was tossed aside. For now.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 3:31 am

Just let me sleep Tumblr_n6u7mxNNK61txaqq4o7_r1_250

He didn't seem to mind. Why was that? "Yeah, she wasn't around much, though," He sighed, remembering how often she'd come home late, if she came home at all. It was just him and his dad then. Him and Dad and Vossa. Now it was just Dad. "Anyway, Rose, Will, and I, we...we'd always been close," he continued, stopping for a second to take a breath. Where was he going with this? "We were asses. At least I was. Typical rich kid, picked on the Seam guys for no good reason. You remember Maddie? Nearly sent Vossa on her once or twice. She was Rose's friend too. It's a wonder she didn't try to ki-" He cut off again, there. Maddie was dead, died before he did. And he hadn't even noticed. It was Derald who noticed.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 4:16 am

Just let me sleep Tumblr_inline_myi0q8LZfy1qkavmj

When the names came up Derald let out a sad smile. He remembered them; that year he went to District 12 to find the couple of people Xavy asked him to - Will, Rose, Vossa.. He checked up on all of them. Not exactly the nicest response, totally understandable considering that they were talking to the guy that killed their childhood friend. And to see Vossa around, made him feel twisted inside, in some way he felt relieved, that he was right about Vossa, but she was still waiting, waiting for a friend to home come. "Yeah you were," Derald nodded in agreement with the assery part. But these two years changed something for the both them. It was like a nostalgia trip as they talked, Maddie... They didn't even know what happened to her. Stuff happened and... and they didn't keep their promise to look for her. He let it go silent for awhile as they kinda mourned for the people they knew. "I reckon she was secretly plotting for yer death!" Derald winked at him, trying to lighten the mood but more to let him go on. Empathising was almost as easy as 1 2 3, when both of you went through the same thing, lost people the same way.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 4:33 am

Just let me sleep Tumblr_mzm3kgJxaW1snuvdjo1_250

"Thanks," he says sarcastically, but he's just messing with him. After all, Xav said it, not Derald. "She was Rose's friend," He said again, smiling a bit as he thought of that girl, "Probably the only reason her arrow didn't end up in my back, like..." He sighed. He hadn't meant to talk about Maddie. "Really, we were all Rose's friends. Will and I, we chased her around and fought all the time. Like a couple of lost puppies. Stupid," He looked out into the night. She was somewhere out there, closer than she should be. Vossa, too. "I loved her. We both did. I thought that after..." He shook his head. Stupid, stupid. "Why am I telling you all this anyway? It doesn't matter." Never really did.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:03 am

Just let me sleep Tumblr_inline_myi0uhjGCZ1qkavmj

Derald stifled a laughter, imagining Xavy and Will fighting over a girl and fighting each other. Like puppies, he said. But what made him go quiet and drop his smile was how Xavy said he loved her. The look on his face and his eyes when he said that. Was that how people in love look like? Love was such a confusing thing for him, he don't get it at all. You can see the hurt and sadness in his eyes, but also the happiness and bliss. He grinned when he stopped and rested his chin on his palms, "'Cause I'm here? And I wanna know more 'bout ya too." As genuine as it was, he felt sick in the stomach saying that; Derald killed him and now he wants to find out more about Xavy. "Look, I dunno anything 'bout this love stuff, but I will try to empathise with ya, 'kay? It matters." He spread open his arms and asked, "Can I at least pretend to give ya a hug?" It has been quite long already and it sort of just hit Derald, "Wait, how long more do ya have around like... this?" He didn't want to lose this time he had with him, as selfish as it sounds. Sleep is for the weak anyways, he's dealt without sleep before, he can do it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just let me sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just let me sleep   Just let me sleep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just let me sleep
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next