The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's the Final Countdown...

Go down 
+2
Dicemaster
Cowvus
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

It's the Final Countdown... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's the Final Countdown...   It's the Final Countdown... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 7:18 pm

It's the Final Countdown... - Page 5 Ledana10
It's the Final Countdown... - Page 5 Tumblr_mlo27rt2bM1qa1li4o6_r3_250

*curse warning ps sorry this is super late haha i've been busy and lazy okay*

Leda was pretty sure that when you received a fatal injury, you were supposed to be sad, or see your life flash before your eyes, or something, and then you were supposed to accept it. You were supposed to skip right through the stages of grief because you didn't have much time left, and then you were supposed to day goodbye. You were either supposed to be utterly distraught and go out kicking and screaming and crying and fighting it, or to regret, but realize that it was your time. But, though she heard herself instinctively scream upon impact, Leda felt nothing. She could feel numbness creeping over her legs and black skirting the edge of her vision as her brain cut off consciousness from the pain, but emotionally, she was just frozen. "Is this what death really is?" she managed to say aloud, unsure if she actually got the words out or was just imagining it. "Is everybody just lying to themselves, or pretending to be okay with it? This isn't right. This isn't how it's supposed to be, is it?" She pursed her lips, struggling to stay upright, and waiting desperately for the realization to hit her because if it didn't come soon, it'd never get the chance.

It's the Final Countdown... - Page 5 Tumblr_mzipohyAlV1tq2uoto7_r1_250

She looked up and Norman's face swam into her vision. Her partner, her murderer. Leda shook her head, smirking at him as blood dripped from her lips. "You little bitch," she spat. "I almost killed you, like, six times. Four. Something. Whatever. Geez, you're a sleazy prick." Leda laughed bitterly, pushing her sticky hair out of her eyes, but frowning when she realized her vision was still blotchy regardless. "Hm," she murmured, furrowing her brows together. "That's odd. Didn't expect that." She thought of her parents, and the guys who had died in that mine explosion a few years back, and the kids who she'd watched starve or freeze to death, and wondered if had been like this for them. "I guess every death is different." Leda's mind was stuck on the images of her district, though. She'd never really cried over her parents death, over her own reaping, when her brother said goodbye. "Don't forget to feed Cat when he comes around, yea?" she reminded her brother, hoping he was watching. "Thanks for... everything. Sorry you don't get to live in a fancy new house, but it should be easier when you only have yourself to worry about. I'll tell mom and dad you say hello, and um... goodbye."

It's the Final Countdown... - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_mqnz3pcaCp1qz4rgp

Leda smiled when she felt a last burst of pain before it all washed away. I guess you really do accept it in the end, when you don't have a choice. Especially if you know you're not leaving much behind. She'd fallen onto her knees at some point, though she couldn't recall when, but scrambled towards Geo. "Oh, Geo," she began, smiling sadly, "I'm sorry. I know, I'm totally incompetent. But, uh, this is gonna sound kind of stupid, but you were pretty much the only real friend I've ever had, and I couldn't have done it without you. I don't know what they're going to do with you after I'm gone, but I'm sure you'll be fine. You're more of a fighter than I ever was." Leda leaned forward and kissed his head, whispering a goodbye before darting backwards so when she coughed up blood it wouldn't splash onto Geo's lumpy little head.

It's the Final Countdown... - Page 5 Tumblr_motn2axEAz1qjr5dzo7_r2_250

Finally, Leda, turned to Norman one last time, a teasing scowl on her face. "Well, congrats, old man. You made it. You managed to take the one thing I had to lose." She keeled over, blood that she was pretty sure was much too dark spewing out of her throat again. How is there even this much blood left? she thought. Good thing I'm not squeamish. I hope Norman is. Leda reached out and shook his hand, wishing she could see his reaction and hoping it was one of disgust, but unable to lift her head up anymore. "I hope it's worth it," she added, knowing she didn't have a lot of words left and fueling every syllable with every ounce of hate and remorse she had left in her body, which was surprisingly scant. Leda knew it was just a hallucination, but she thought she could see her parents faces in the blur that seemed to be devouring the world around her. She forced her head up one last time, and grinned at Norman with the kind of fiendish delight that only comes from the feeling of superior wisdom she got from death. "See you in hell," Leda seethed. "And stay sassy." She sighed and leaned back to let the abyss swallow her hole. Goodbye.

It's the Final Countdown... - Page 5 Tumblr_mnul2g4rsr1qjr5dzo5_r1_250

Rest in Peace Leda Carrow of District 12.
You were truly the closest I've ever come to winning these games, and I think the first tribute I've ever had to really, honestly go down fighting until the very end. Every post I wrote made me fall in love with you more. I wish I could have played you in District 12 before your death because I didn't realize how fun you were to play. I know this isn't the best death post I could have written, and you deserve infinitely more, but I hope it's enough to honor your memory. I'm sorry I let you down in the end, but I will never forget you, and you will always be the sassiest tribute of all in my eyes. <333

Back to top Go down

It's the Final Countdown...
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5