The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*insert caving song here*

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Male Posts : 531
Birthday : 1996-12-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
*insert caving song here* Left_bar_bleue0/150*insert caving song here* Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

*insert caving song here* Empty
PostSubject: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:27 pm

NORMAN ROWE -- District Seven -- DENO THE DINOSAUR

Norman led the way into the new area. He gently made his way forward into the ever encompassing dimness of the new area. He felt gusts of wind pull at the clothing on his body, a chilly air that made it feel as if he were inside a cave. Holding his knife straight out, Norman stopped to wait on Aspen. He was unsure of exactly where he was heading, but he doubted that the Gamemakers would let him fall if it were ever to come to it. He was unable to see much in front of him, just enough to make out walls going off in either direction. Moving to the left, placing a hand on the wall behind him, he waited on Aspen. Interesting. Think its a cave?" he asked her. Glancing down, he petted Deno, "In a few, buddy, and then you'll be out," he told the creature.

items : Mesh Bag (baby dino :3), Metal Stake, Canteen, Knife, Bag of String

Last edited by Raivis on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
*insert caving song here* Left_bar_bleue150/150*insert caving song here* Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:41 pm

Aspen walked in behind Norman. Then she began to look around all the while feeling her little dino friend in her bag. She took a deep breath, because you know breathing is important. She turned to Norman and she shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, could be anything." She said walking around a bit more still wandering and glancing at things.

(too lazy to do much else sorry not sorry xD)
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
*insert caving song here* Left_bar_bleue1/1*insert caving song here* Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 pm

The area seemed to light up a bit, revealing a ravine too wide to cross even with a leap. But there were two metal beams stretching the expanse, too small to cross on foot. But perhaps the items the tributes had received could help.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
*insert caving song here* Left_bar_bleue0/150*insert caving song here* Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:32 pm

NORMAN ROWE -- District Seven -- DENO THE DIPLODOCUS

Norman glanced around the cave as the light seemed to brighten. Ahead of the duo, Norman noted a large canyon in the ground. Biting his bottom lip, Norman glanced to either side on noticed metal beams crossing the canyon; but they were just that, beams. No way to walk across them. Turning to Aspen, "Whelp, that makes things more difficult," he said, stating the obvious. Standing between the wall and the ledge, Norman noted how deep the ravine was: deep enough to not be able to see the bottom. "Dead end," he muttered aloud. Norman looked down both directions of their side of the ravine, looking for an easier crossing.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
*insert caving song here* Left_bar_bleue150/150*insert caving song here* Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:09 am

Aspen looked at what they found a bit puzzled. Norman mentioned it was a dead end, but was it really? Would the gamemakers do that? lead you on a wild goose chase. Aspen stood their her eyebrows knitted together trying to think. They couldn't walk across but those beams were there for a reason, and positioned like that for a reason. Aspen then remembered what was their reward and she was trying to piece it together but she just couldn't wrap her head around it. Why would they need strings? Aspen went closer to the edge but cautious a bit and then she tried looking at the beams for clues, just something, anything would be good. "I don't think it's a dead end, we just need to use our brains" Aspen said still puzzled.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
*insert caving song here* Left_bar_bleue1/1*insert caving song here* Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:57 am

There was something odd about the edges of the beams. It appeared to be some type of hooks, running the length of both beams. Perhaps the string could be used here.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:55 pm

"It could always be another trap, too," Norman began. Norman dropped to a crouch a looked at the beams. Aspen had mentioned using their brains, "I ain't got much of those," he muttered. Running his hands on the edge of the beam, he noted small hooks. "Didn't you get the rope from the tree in the beginning? Maybe we could use that to loop around these hooks," he said, indicating the small hooks on the side of the beam. Standing, he turned to look at Aspen in the still pretty dim light.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Aspen looked at the hooks and knew that the rope would be really good to use but it kept probing at her that, the bag of string they needed was for this. She looked over to Norman, "well, whether it's another trap again or not, it's better than others coming through that room and taking us on right now, we don't have much choice." Aspen said sighing and inspected the hooked a bit mroe and sighed. "Just gonna go in your bag for a moment." Aspen said and then unzipped it a bit more and saw Deno. She smiled at thee dinosaur and then she began pulling out the bags of string. "This has to be used or this, Norman, it can't just be for nothing." She spoke looking up at him, "But we'll still need that rope."
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:53 pm

The rope seemed to be too thick to use with the hooks, but perhaps it could serve another purpose. However, the string seemed to be the perfect size. Deno tried to crawl out of the bag, but couldn't get out before it was closed on him again.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Norman watched as Aspen pulled the bag of string from his bag. He acknowledged Deno's escape attempt, and chuckled slightly when Aspen pulled the bag's flap over the creatures head. "Well, that don't look like it'll be much to get us across," he stated, "But if you think it'll do the trick, then I'm willing to try." He chuckled disturbed at his thought, "The worst that can happen is we die." Watching Aspen, he croaked, "Just tell me what you need me to do."

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Aspen rolled he eyes at Norman and grabbed the rope, she tied it around her waist and then gave the other end to Norman. "Here hold this, I'm going to weave the string through the hooks and incase I slip or fall I have a safety thing here, and you can pull me up. I tied the knots on my waste so they shouldn't come undone." Aspen said and she handed Norman the rope. Aspen pulled out some string and she began trying weave it through the first few hooks, she'd have to go a few times to keep a strong bond there.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Aspen seemed to have found the purpose for the string. The ravine seemed quiet, but not silent, which should've put the tributes' minds at ease for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Norman grabbed the rope that Aspen had tied around her waist. Standing, he held his feet firm on the ledge as she made her way across the beam. "So that's how it was supposed to go..." he said aloud. "I'd have never figured that out on my own, Aspen," he chuckled. Norman watched Aspen, and as he did so noticed the quiet around him. "That's oddly comforting," he muttered, "The silence, ya know?" Norman felt his shoulders tense unintentionally. Even with the silence, he was worried that Aspen might fall.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 11:31 am

Aspen was focusing on what she was doing, the string did seem to work, and Aspen just hoped this got them across. Once they did get across they'd need to destroy what they made, because there was no going back once they got across and they couldn't afford to have anyone else follow them. Aspen kept weaving the string multiple times so it'd hold body weight and she did it tight but not too tight. She heard Norman speak and replied, "I haven't paid attention to the noise to be honest, I'm focused." She said quietly and kept doing what she had to do.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 11:37 am

Aspen had made it about a third of the way across. Nothing seemed to be stopping her.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Norman continued looking around the ravine, taking in the rocky sides that seemed never ending. He nodded to Aspen's reply, not really taking it into anything. Norman moved to get off his feet. Dropping to one knee, and then to both, he placed his back even with the ravine wall. He held tight to the rope supporting Aspen, making sure he didn't get her killed. "I'm really feeling that fight, now," he said aloud. Glancing around once more, Norman watched Aspen still weaving string. "About a third of the way there, Aspen," he said to her. He twisted his head to each side in an attempt to pop it.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 9:48 pm

Aspen could hear Norman speak, it was a bit comforting as she was crawling on her own little weaving bit of string over what was an endless fall and could be her death. She took a big breath in and she heard that she was a third of the way there. It made her feel a bit better, that meant that she was over half way. "I was told no matter what you have to keep going." She said in response to his tiring out bit. "Back in seven my father made me stay out in the woods when I was younger, and made me live off the land, I haven't been afraid of much since and I've been able to have a good stamina, I do say I am thirsty and hungry at the moment though." Aspen said as she continued to weave as careful and fast as she could without messing up.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 10:16 pm

Aspen now only had a third of the distance to go.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Watching Aspen further, Norman nodded. "I understand keeping going no matter what, I'm just used to a different type of exertion than a fight," he explained. Rubbing the back of shoulder, he changed rope hands from his left to right. "I was never made to live in the woods, in contrast. I chose to. My parents wanted me to live under there protective blanket but I chose not to," he reminisces, "And looking back, it was the best damn choice." He watched Aspen weave her way across, "Almost there," he encouraged.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:35 pm

Aspen listened to Norman as her spoke about his time back in the district while she still paid attention to the weaving. She finally heard him encouraging her and she smiled. Wouldn't it just be her luck if the gamemakers decided that they wanted to just drop her down this ravine. She continued to go and then she thought about home for awhile, "Didn't you have any family besides your parents? Did you at least make shelter while you were out there?" Aspen asked and she was quickly started to hate string with a burning passion, but luckily once she finished this she'd be across the ravine and all he had to do was crawl across.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 4:34 pm

With a few more knots, Aspen made it across the ravine. Norman could now follow and the tributes could continue onward to...wherever.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 6:26 pm

Norman shrugged in response to Aspen question about other family. "None that coulda helped me then. When I decided to work, I simply asked for the money to purchase food day to day. I still lived in their house, but didn't take part in any of the fancy stuff they had going," he explained. Lifting his head, Norman watched Aspen reach the other side. Smiling, he stood back on his feet. Stepping towards the webbed rails, Norman felt uneasy. Tying his end of the rope through one of his belt loops, he muttered, "My turn." Dropping to his knees, Norman laid across the string on his stomach. Crawling along his stomach, he made his way across to Aspen. He didn't dare look towards the end, as that might send he scrambling towards it. Keeping his eyes steady on the darkness below, Norman crawled straight ahead.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Aspen smiled as Norman was coming across, she found her metal stake that she'd use to cut the strings once Norman was on their side. After he had crawled over Aspen untied herself and went to the other side crawling again and she began to cut the strings, as she crawled backwards. Once she was back on the ledge she cut the last of the string. "There, no one else can use what I made" She said smiling and then looked to where they hadn't been yet.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:37 pm

The tributes made it to the other side safely. Now the only path was to a darkened passageway directly opposite the bunkers. "In Darkness Find My Home, For Plenty Awaits You."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *insert caving song here*   *insert caving song here* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*insert caving song here*
Page 1 of 1