The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Troubles with ranged weaponry

Go down 
+2
ArtsyAmy
Phoenix
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Troubles with ranged weaponry Left_bar_bleue10/150Troubles with ranged weaponry Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

Troubles with ranged weaponry Empty
PostSubject: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:28 am

Troubles with ranged weaponry Carter+Jenkins

Daniel Ralcom

Daniel had woken up that morning in an...excited mood. He was finally going to be able to train...again. Although, he wasn't sure what he hadn't touched on. His father would make him light a fire if he wanted warmth...with two sticks. He would have to look for the sticks on his own though. He knew he would have to learn about edible plants, that was certain. His father had focused too much on teaching him how to wield an axe...which was pretty easy since he cut trees to feed him and his brother. Daniel's father even cut him, and made him heal his own wound!

But, he found something he needed to improve on. Ranged weaponry. He just looked at the bow and arrow and knew there was no way he was going to be able to do well with that. He saw throwing knives and shrugged. He picked one up by the blade and focused on the target and what the trainer had said. He looked intensely, and threw it...and the hilt hit where the arm would be and it bounced right off. He thought he heard snickers from the other tributes. But he didn't care. He saw something that seemed like it was a throwing axe. Even worse, but he might as well try. He balanced it in his hand and could feel people watching him, waiting to see how bad it was this time. He took a deep breath and threw the throwing axe. He heard a loud thud as it hit the target...but only it's arm. It was a lucky throw, and lucky wasn't exactly gonna cut it. He sighed and he listened to more snickers as he grabbed another knife and balanced it in his hand.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Female Posts : 521
Birthday : 1998-06-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Troubles with ranged weaponry Left_bar_bleue150/150Troubles with ranged weaponry Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:53 pm

I look over to see a tribute hitting the dummy in the arm with an axe. That would chop off the arm, but it wouldn't kill them. I decide to grab a knife and I throw it, hitting the heart. That is how you kill someone. My cockiness is still there. I can't seem to get rid of it. I then do something I shouldn't. I grab red paint and paint blood coming out of the heart target where my knife hit it.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Troubles with ranged weaponry Left_bar_bleue0/0Troubles with ranged weaponry Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:03 pm

~ Tripp Mattet ~

I look at my district partner paint where she hit the target. I grab a knife and smile. I was deciding on what to attempt to hit, the brain or the heart. I used my brain to make that decision, and I love brains more than hearts. I throw it at the heart and it looks as if the knife hit too far to the right to have hit the heart. I go again at the same one. A bit closer. I throw the third and it hits the heart. Well, I found my comfort zone.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Troubles with ranged weaponry Left_bar_bleue150/150Troubles with ranged weaponry Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:08 pm

I look at my district partner. He seems to be getting into the hang of things. I do the first nice thing since I came in. I go and give him advice.

"Hey Tripp, if you keep your knife high and aim centre, you shouldn't worry. Also, good job!" I say, smiling at him. "Hey, by the way, do you want to team up?"
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Troubles with ranged weaponry Left_bar_bleue0/0Troubles with ranged weaponry Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:13 pm

~Tripp Mattet~

"Thanks", I say quietly and then reply to her asking about us teaming up. "I don't really care. I mean, your the only person I can and would trust here, since everybody else doesn't like you anymore. But sure" I take her advice and throw the forth knife and it goes into the handle of the third I threw. "Can't get any better than that, unless you go for three in a row.", I say smiling at her. That was the first time I've smiled since I got out of that ditch.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:27 pm

I am glad on the teaming. I could really use him. "I dont blame any of the others hating me." I really dont. I grab another knife and hit the brain, making sure I raised my hand higher to get a good aim at it. Perfect again. "Tripp, I know this sounds crazy, but when the games start, get straight to the cornucopia and stay there. Once we get weapons and food, we can meet up there. I don't blame you if you think that this crazy, but I want to act like the careers with out being a member of their group. I wont let them take the spotlight out of us."
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:35 pm

"Um, maybe that isn't a good idea. I mean so many things could go wrong." I say to cover up and get out of what she said. "Wouldn't it be better to just steal from the careers directly. I mean, its not like I don't like being the center of attention or anything.." But I didn't. I hated it, it always things sad when someone noticed dies. "Its not like we are them. We have none of their skills. They could corner us and stuff. I mean, I'd be fine with hiding, just no centering the attention on me" I say quickly and quietly that I mumble. I sit up and throw a knife so it would go exactly where hers went
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Troubles with ranged weaponry Tumblr_inline_mhrlnzNlGk1qz4rgp

Astrid smirked, she noticed one kid was having trouble in the ranged area and she noticed another girl, she seemed to have high confidence in herself, and Astrid wasn't sure she liked that. Astrid stood by the bows and she watched the girl observing their talents. She saw the girl painting blood on her dummy and Astrid rolled her eyes and then she smirked as an idea came to mind. She grabbed a bow and a single arrow. Astrid took aim and she watched everything, Astrid, never missed target, she trained long and hard back in her district. That was when she noticed her district partner showing up and she watched the two of them throwing knives, soon though the girl went to collect the knife and she then pulled back and shot the arrow, it flew with speed until it struck the dummy with a hard force just centimeters away from Thalia's face, exactly where she wanted it. Someone had to knock down the girls confidence and Astrid didn't care to be the one to do that. Then she stood there and she was crossing her arms still a smirk on her face.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:41 pm

She saw one of the careers shoot an arrow in front of me. It was a nice shot, but that was with a lot of training. She seemed to be smirking. "Wait one minute," I say to Tripp as I go to a clean dummy. I grab the paints and start painting what this girl looked like. I then grab the bow and a single arrow and shoot at the heart with no hesitation. She was trying to bring my confidence down, so I am going to stand out and let everyone know that there is nothing they can do. I am not changing for anyone. This is me, and this is what viewers will see me be like in the arena.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:44 pm

~Tripp Mattet~

I stare at Astrid throw a knife close to Thaila's head. I roll my eyes at her and grin "Show off" I yell to her from a distance away confidently. I haven't been this confident since the ditch either. The games seemed to be helping me instead of tearing me down. I spent all my time here really, since this was the only thing I had going for me. I mean, sure I had an alliance and my ability to climb, but really, I wasn't as great as anyone in this room.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:54 pm

Troubles with ranged weaponry 26

Astrid watched her next move, of course being there for quite awhile, Astrid heard a few things for herself and she grinned to herself, now she watched as the district three girl painted what was apparently her on the dummy. Astrid chuckled behind her. Then she watched the girl shoot. She was trying not to lose her confidence, Astrid knew how this worked, Astrid was always calm in these situations, she hardly lost her cool and eventually the girl shot at the dummy that was supposed to be her. Astrid smirked, guts. Although sucking the marrow out of life, you could end up choking on the bone, which potentially is what this girl would be doing. Astrid already set her bow down and she walked past her, "Don't hurt yourself darling." She whispered in the girls hear and she smirked as she continued to walk by an walked up to the dummy, "Lets hope this isn't just a fluke huh, and that in the games, I at least get a challenge." She said.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:01 pm

"Thaila" I say quietly "I need to tell you something.. and I don't think you'll like it. Depending on your mood." I whisper into her ear. I watch Astrid walk away. I was keeping a list of people I should say away from, stay near, or stay close to. "Keep your friends close, but enemies closer." I whisper into Astrid's ear and walk to the painting station
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:04 pm

A challenge? Easy for a career to say! "Says the person who is going to hide amongst the Careers. I mean seriously, you need support of 4-5 people to even have a chance? I mean, I know I have Tripp, but I wont be hiding behind him." I say calmly as I go off to lunch. I need to get my energy from somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:08 pm

(Lunch topic isn't open yet xD)

Troubles with ranged weaponry Willahollandmeangirlsgifrealone2or3_zps40ca7f6e

Astrid laughs, "Oh you amuse me, don't test me, Thalia." I said, of course I knew the names of the tributes by now, I did my homework, the best I could do and I grinned. "I don't have to hide behind careers, but when you want to get to the top, you use every pawn you have on the board, it's playing a game, and I know how to play it well." Astrid said with a smirk on her face. "Also, just a little known fact, not only do I come from a career district but just know, my sister is a past victor, and her and I are very alike." Astrid said with a grin on her face, she had other secrets that were best kept to herself. "Oh darling, you can go shave your back now." She said to Tripp grinning.

Last edited by Sorella on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:22 pm

~Tripp~

I think in my head that it would be great to have Astrid dead at the Cornucopia. It would, but doubtful.. "Unless" I whisper myself. She could trip over us Tripp. Then she'd want to kill us Tripp. I listen to my devious mind and my regular mind war over what to do to her. "Just shut up both of you!" I scream loudly and almost put a dagger in my head.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Astrid laughed, as the guy tried to put a dagger in his hand and tried to break up a fight, "Your little master, already left, sunshine." She said and shook her head and then she came closer. "Tsk tsk." Astrid said in a hushed tone with a evil grin on her face, "You know Tripp, it's bad to self harm, you should really talk to someone about that." She said resting a hand on his shoulder. "As someone older than you, I can advise you that, suicide is surely not the way." She said sincerely. She then took her hand back. "Also, we were just having fun playing with words, no need to be uptight, Trippy." She said with an innocent look on her face.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:37 pm

(This was before I left to Painting station)

~Tripp~

"You really don't know when to shut up do you" I say to Astrid. "You'll be dead soon enough that you eventually will" I say grinning at her. "And for your information, my minds were having a fight on if I should kill you or not"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 pm

"Awe I feel so flattered." Astrid said and fake awe. "You know, you really don't know when to shut your mouth either!" She said in fake excitement and rolled her eyes, "We'll see who's the first one dead, also since you seem to have two minds you should get professional help, I think you may be having a mental problem." She said and grinned at him. "Now go follow your master, fetch puppy fetch." She said smirking at him and making hand movements. Astrid, knew they were all talk and they couldn't walk the walk, this was training, there was a difference between training and the actual games, and you had to be mentally and physically prepared which is what most people didn't get.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:47 pm

(You are really good with word play)
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:50 pm

(Haha thank you xD)
Back to top Go down
Trist
The Dog Whisperer
Trist

Birthday : 2001-09-22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Savannah Garden
When I get there I go to an open archery station, I also notice there is some teasing going on, I ignore them and I load an arrow, aim at the target, I remember my technique, Rest string on mouth, take deep breath, focus, and let go, I do that technique and I notice it gets me to shoot the dummy in the heart. I look at Astrid and giggle, "Hello fellow career." I talk to her in a mimicking voice of a awkward man tone.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:11 pm

~Tripp~
I walk back to the Range Station. I decide in my mind that these would be my two focuses for today. I watch a girl and Astrid talking. "Joy, if they're friends, death road is right ahead" I mumble and continue throwing knives. One hits the brain, the next the heart, then the left hand, then the right. I go again getting encouraged. I throw at the neck, then the stomach. I smile deeply and look at Astrid. I, without looking, throw the knife, it hits the edge of his foot.
Back to top Go down
Trist
The Dog Whisperer
Trist

Birthday : 2001-09-22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:15 pm

~Sav~
I notice a boy throw one a throwing knife and it hits the dummy on the edge of his foot, I snicker and point at the spot he hit "Well, we know one thing, stay away from trippy when he throws throwing knives," I whisper to Astrid, and shoot another arrow, hits dummy in the head, shot again, hit the dummy in the place where the sun doesn't shine. "I feel bad to the boy that gets shot there!" I say almost too loudly, noticing there are a couple boys here I giggle and walk to throwing knives.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:23 pm

~Tripp~

"Heh. You think that scares me." I say laughing and I throw 2 knives where the sun don't shine. They both land in the exact same place. The only difference was that a one knife when straight into the others grip.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Troubles with ranged weaponry Tumblr_m6ds4fhVZY1rrf9sa

Astrid gave Sav a nod and smiled. She watched the girl practice her range and all that. Astrid was probably going to spend most of her time here, but she wasn't stupid, she hadn't let her guard down, not one bit. Astrid waved to the guy who had come back, "Oh look, the puppy is back." Astrid said grinning. "Come here boy." She said with a wink. Astrid eventually took the bow again, it was the weapon she trained with since she was young, but she had always known how to use it. She had an older sister that taught her things and techniques. Astrid took an arrow and the decided to shoot three arrows at once and she shot them and one hit the neck, the other the heart, and the last the lung. Astrid then turned to the others. "So, beautiful day to be kicking some dummy butt I suppose, literally.." Astrid said laughing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troubles with ranged weaponry   Troubles with ranged weaponry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Troubles with ranged weaponry
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next