The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is the place where they killed people

Go down 
+2
Sorella
libowy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
libowy

libowy

Male Posts : 181
Birthday : 1998-09-09

This is the place where they killed people Empty
PostSubject: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:52 pm

A slight yelp leaves my lips as I tumble down the staircase. At first I blamed it on the gamemakers having a bit of fun but when a dead opossum followed my lead, it was blurry, but understandable that I had stepped on this thing... or the gamemakers wanted to pay me for my troubles. "One second. One dang second, and I'm falling down a staircase with not a weapon in the world. There was a small desk with a rope on it. "Thank God!" I whisper, taking the coil. Now all I needed was to find something to split the ends with. Doubtless the careers would be hunting tonight, and this seemed like a good place to be. It had a exit path either way, and if fighting was needed, I had an easily defended position, cause only one could enter at a time. There's a slight noise and I panic. I set myself up in the position that the instructor told me to be in, if without a weapon. "E-Estrella?" I ask to the unknown darkness.

Last edited by libowy on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
This is the place where they killed people Left_bar_bleue150/150This is the place where they killed people Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:59 pm

After a bit I decided to walk down the stairs, I hadn't found anything or any place to sleep up and be safe. I heard something off in the distance, bow still at my aid I had it ready and it was pointed as I slowly walked down the stairs careful to watch my step and I stayed silent. As there was an opening I cam out and saw someone in the distance. It seemed like Nathan. "N-Nathan?" I asked calling out into the darkness hoping it was Nathan and not a different tribute wanting me dead, that'd be terrible and I couldn't afford that. I slowly inched closer watching my step and hoping and praying I wouldn't trigger a trap. Before moving on I stopped though, afraid to move on. Who knew what sick twisted things the gamemakers had down here, they could have mutts, traps, my death, and anything else you could think up.

(Before you post I think we have to wait for this post from Sno.)
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Male Posts : 1443
Birthday : 1994-12-20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
This is the place where they killed people Left_bar_bleue400/400This is the place where they killed people Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
Character Name:: Brook Shields
Alliance:: Victors

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:24 pm

While Estrella was watching her footing, she wasn't watching the chains hanging low from the ceiling. Unfortunately for her what appeared to be a spiked collar found it's way around her neck as she walked and clicked shut around her.

Following the chain's path from the ceiling she could see the chain fell to the ground and then came back up to the collar now locked firmly around her. What was worse was that it became evident the chain began retracting into the ceiling, slowly at first but becoming faster and faster. In about 30 seconds the collar would begin to pull her off the ground, effectively hanging her.

Remember, you can't say "I break the chain" or "I take the collar off" You can only attempt to. I decide your fate.
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergamesrp.rpg-board.net
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
This is the place where they killed people Left_bar_bleue150/150This is the place where they killed people Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:35 pm

At first, it was more of a shock and then I was about to scream out in pain but held it back, I'd give the careers away. I had to calm down, there had to be a way out of this. It hurt a lot but it wasn't going to stop me, I needed to survive the first day, I had to. I couldn't die like this. I tried taking in some air but it was rather difficult. I closed my eyes shut tight trying to think, any minute I'd be either in pain on the floor or I'd be hanging from my death, it didn't help that I was short. Calm the hell down! And think Estrella! I thought to my self.

I looked at the spiked collar and then looked around it, everything had a weak spot right? So maybe there was a spot in the chain or collar that was a weak spot and an easy target to possibly shoot at? I had to be quick about it though, soon I'd be dead if I couldn't do anything. Good thing I still had grasp of the bow. I was still looking and being hopeful that I'd find something, I had to. I was determined to get out of this death trap.

Now I knew not to trust the dungeons and be even more careful than I already had been. I bet everyone was ready for my death now, even my father. With that thought I was searching harder, no I couldn't let him down I had to keep looking and I had to keep trying, I had to stay calm because most likely those who fought and struggled would end up dead.
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:17 pm

I hear a click as something up the staircase closes. The only thing I could think of was what if Estrella was receiving that click. Curiosity eventually over took me and I was now climbing up the stairs. A few steps up I find A body. it was so maimed I couldn't tell if it was a tribute, much less a human. I needed to move up. It wasn't long before I found Estrella. I gasp as I see what's happening. The collar around her neck was raising it's self. I needed to get her down. Think Nathan! I tell myself. Finally I realize that the something pulling her up was probably a motor, and motors could only pull so much weight right? "Hold on! I'll get you out." I latch on to the chain and try and pull it down. Evidently that wasn't working cause my feet were dangling. "I notice the little metal end of Estrella's arrows poking into my face, then I had the idea. "Gimme an arrow!" I order not giving her time to respond. I take an arrow from her quiver and reach up to jab it into the chain. Tese were Capitol arrows so the had a metal shaft. Eventually the motor would probably manage to bend it, but it bought us a minute or two to try and figure out how to get this thing off of her.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Female Posts : 1194
Birthday : 1997-08-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name:: Nixon Harley

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:20 pm

I dropped down into this room. I looked around and saw Nathan and Estrella. I ran over. Estrella was in trouble. This one time. This one time I would help her. "What happened?!" I look all over the chains trying to find a way to get her out. "Nathan help! She could be hung!"
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
This is the place where they killed people Left_bar_bleue400/400This is the place where they killed people Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:30 pm

The arrow jammed in the rung did indeed begin to slow the motor, only he had placed it too low. Estrella was off the ground hanging by her neck. Still raising, but much slower, the arrow was bending, he would need something else to either break or jam the ancient mechanisms.

Sno carried out 1 launched of one TRAP :
This is the place where they killed people 84903009
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:38 pm

"DANG IT!" I shout "Hunter pick her up so she can breath. I'll figure this out." I reach in her quiver and take another arrow. Pulling myself up the chain, I stab the arrow into the crevice that the chain was retracting into. I wasn't sure if anything happened. Time to get creative. I grabbed stuff around me a tried jamming it in that hole, but nothing new seemed to happen. "Any ideas?" I ask. We were out of options. I couldn't think of how to get her down.

Last edited by libowy on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:42 pm

"Stop using those damn arrows, they're going to break!" I gave Nathan a spear. "Use it!" I picked Ella up. "You're gonna be fine Ella. Trust me, that spear will get you out. Just stay calm."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:50 pm

I tread lightly down the steps, watching around myself for danger. I kept my swords in defensive positions. "I hear something" I say, it sounded like a motor, and voices. I got to the bottom of the steps and let my vision adjust to the relative darkness. "Well, isn't this a party" I say, completely surprised, but keeping wary. Before me was Estrella in some kind of trap, and Nathan and Hunter trying to get her out.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:51 pm

I was shocked, everything was happening so fast, with Nathan trying to jam arrows into the motor and then Hunter coming down here. Why was he coming down here? Why would he help me? He was a career. I had no time for questions now though. I was trying to keep calm but I couldn't I was about to cry but I shouldn't not now, it wouldn't help anything. When they decided to use the spear and Hunter held me up so I could breathe I tried to get as much air in me as possible, did this have to be the way I died. "How can I just stay calm if I'm about to die?" I asked trying to look down at Hunter, I hated this arena, I hate the gamemakers, and if I survived everything in this arena I was sure to display my angry in my next interview or what ever. I sighed trying to calm my self down the best I could.

Sorella carried out 1 launched of one Escape :
This is the place where they killed people 1turn
Back to top Go down
Selene

Female Posts : 138
Birthday : 1999-04-26

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:54 pm

This is the place where they killed people Ben+10+Alien+Swarm+(2009)1
Marnie Kaleen
I walked down with Flint, hearing voices and a motor. I came down to see Estrella hanging from a chain and Hunter trying to get her out. I looked at Flint. "Can't you try and cut the chain?"
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:57 pm

By some combination of luck and skill Estrella managed to have a finger connect with the lock mechanism and she collapsed out of the trap as it destroyed the arrow and the collar fixated itself to the ceiling.

The tributes would have to be much more delicate if they were to avoid anything else, that surely couldn't be the worst this room had to offer.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:01 am

I saw Flint and Selene. "You try to kill them, I kill you both. We have more weapons right now." I gave the other careers a deadly look. "Leave. You two aren't needed here." I say to the other careers. "Go!"
Back to top Go down
Selene

Female Posts : 138
Birthday : 1999-04-26

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 am

This is the place where they killed people Ben+10+Alien+Swarm+(2009)1
Marnie Kaleen
I smiled at Hunter. "Why would I consider killing them? I have two people on my hit list and their names will go unmentioned," I said. I lowered my bow, putting on my shoulder, and walked over to Estrella. "You okay?" I asked.

Last edited by Selene on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:07 am

I carefully step back onto the staircase. "Well, you could calm down and trust us more, Hunter" I say, chuckling. "We are your allies, after all" I add in. I look around my position for more traps, and it looks clear, I decide to stay wary anyways though. "You need as much help as you can to get out of here" I say, subtly pointing around the room they were in. "This place is likely loaded, even the stairs I stand on aren't safe"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:32 am

This all took me by surprise. Once I dropped to the ground I was breathing for some air like I hadn't had any. I really didn't like this one bit. When Marnie came over I wanted to stop her because traps could have happened. I honestly didn't want to move from this very spot, afraid I'd get yet another trap flown in my direction. "This is a death zone." I spat out quite angry. I shook my head and looked to Hunter. "Thank you." I say giving him my thanks, he didn't have to help out. "I think our best chance of getting out of this all alive would be to work together..After we get out we can fight until our hearts content. " I say sighing. "I'm fine.. My neck just hurts." I say mumbling while rubbing it softly.

I had an idea, maybe..Just maybe there was a way out from the roof? Perhaps chains they could use? The place was filled with traps as I looked around at the ceiling. I really had to watch out for that this time. I looked over to Flint on the stair case, "So, are you just going to stand there and let the gamemakers get ya?" I asked. "Trust me, it's not fun." I said and still hadn't moved yet. Maybe we could climb up the chains that was part of my death trap, maybe there could be something up there, perhaps some tunnels? I was now curious and wanted to try climbing but that'd be risking a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:51 am

As if on queue, the stairs behind Flint turned into a solid slope sending Flint skittering onto the ground. The staircase was no longer an option, the way Estrella had come down couldn't be opened from their side. It seemed, for now, the tributes were trapped.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:01 am

I sigh, and pick myself up, keeping myself in a defensible stance. "So, I guess it won't do to murder each other here" I say, looking around at the eerie room we were in. "That'd just be doing the Gamemaker's jobs for them" I say pointedly, accusing the Gamemakers of putting us all here. "So, search for a way out and try not to eat each other when we get hungry?" I propose calmly, taking on a leaderly stance to help us all recuperate.

Flint supplies=
Sword(x2)
Apples(x2)
Tarp(x1)
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:32 am

I wasn't surprised by what had happened next. I looked back up again and decided against my plans to climb the chain. I looked all around me at the people in the group. "Flint's right, there's no use in murdering each other..That wont get us out of the dungeon." I say sighing. I looked behind me at Hunter and Nathan. The entrance I took was blocked off by now and I sighed, of course it was. "No one move quite yet, we need to figure thing out." I said and looked in front of me again. "To search around we'll need to go in groups, two in one group three in the other." I say and think for moment, based on our weapons we had I weighed out options. "Okay, Marnie and I will have to be in separate groups, no use in having two archers in one group." I say and then look at the weapons, I knew Nathan had no weapons but a rope. "Does anyone have an extra weapon to lend Nathan for now?" I asked. I wouldn't decide other groups until I knew Nathan had a weapon. "I can teach you all a whistle that we can use if we think we found a way out or something...If we find a way out." I say.
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:13 am

"Why use bird calls? The careers are stuck down here with us. No one in their right mind would attack us." I say with my arm around Ella. That was the most terrifying moment of any games, and it wasn't even on me. "It's not I don't trust you guys, but I think we should have a some little safety precaution. I think that Ella and I should split ourselves into different groups, and Hunter be in the group of three. That leaves the groups with Flint, Hunter, and Estrella in one, and Marnie and I in the other. Tell me again what we're looking for." I kissed Ella on the cheek and moved over to stand by my new partner for the time being. The fact that they helped made it a whole lot harder to kill them when the time comes... of course, only Hunter helped.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:29 am

I looked at the ground when Nathan put his arm around Estrella. I nodded when Nathan said the groups. Then Nathan kissed Estrella on the cheek. That was it. "This isn't fair!" I stomp on the ground not caring what happens. "She doesn't love me in the way that I love her. And seeing you guys makes it harder!" I shut my eyes. What have I done....... "It's just so hard. You wouldn't know." I try to say more calmly.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:25 pm

The sound of rushing water echos nearby, all the tributes realize they're feeling a little dry of tongue, especially Estrella who spent the better part of the last 5 minutes being suffocated. It would be wise to head for water.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:52 pm

I looked around the dungeon, where had the water sounds been coming from? Hearing the water made me even more thirsty than I thought I was and that was an issue, if I wanted to survive long I needed water. I looked around at the group. "No sense in staying apart, we need to get to the water and find it, water's an issue..We need it to survive." I said and kept silent after that trying to listen for the water to guess which direction it was coming from. I didn't want to move first in trying to find the water, but I knew where Marnie had stepped to get over here might have been safe, but who knew what could happen. I sighed slightly. "Any ideas of which direction it's in?" I asked and looked around at them again. I had simply ignored Hunter's rant. He had already been going insane and that would cost us in my opinion. We needed water and we needed to find it now. My eyes and ears kept looking around the dungeon and even going slowly trying to find something, anything. I needed to find the water, I wouldn't even last two days without it, more so if I was stuck here in this dungeon. A dry tongue wasn't the best thing to deal with but it wasn't my biggest concern.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:59 pm

I hear the water and know everybody else can too. "You go get water. Maybe you'll find a way out. I'm staying here. I don't want any water. I'm not me anymore. I'd rather die than be a monster. Go. I'll only make your lives harder. It's better this way." It was the hardest decision that I had ever made. But this was what I wanted now. I used to think back in district 4 that the games were just a compitition. But now they're more than that. They make people want to die. That's even worse than the whole concept in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is the place where they killed people   This is the place where they killed people Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is the place where they killed people
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next