The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Entering The Main Hall

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:26 am

Star shrugged, took the waterskin back, poured half of the water from the only skin with water in, and returned it to him. "Be grateful. Don't waste it..." She hoisted her spear over her shoulder and looked around. "Should we leave? Maybe we can find another ally." She glanced at the way she had come in. "Do you think the cornucopia still has tributes? Or... I wonder where we can get from here. Or we could stay. Ugh, I wish it was a forest."

______

1 Spear
1 box of crackers
1 empty waterskin
1 half-full waterskin
Some dried meat...?
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Male Posts : 1443
Birthday : 1994-12-20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue400/400Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
Character Name:: Brook Shields
Alliance:: Victors

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:29 am

(Sorry I should clarify, 6 pieces of meat total.)

The environment remains unchanged
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergamesrp.rpg-board.net
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

Female Posts : 125
Birthday : 1994-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:32 am

I sighed. "It's up to you. I think the blood bath has died down so we can head that way. I doubt the careers stayed by it. They're probably up high in towers or something. I don't mind staying here, but it is wide open, and I don't want us getting attacked in the middle of the night."

[One spear, one mace, apples, half-full water skin, 3 strips of dried meat]
Back to top Go down
http://flavors.me/paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:33 am

Star nodded. "I suppose so. We should try to get somewhere first. The only thing I'm concerned about is if we go to the cornucopia to try and get somewhere else, we might end up getting stuck there, and it's even more open than here. But I think we should try it. If worst comes to worst, we'll find somewhere to hide in the courtyard. If nothing else, I guess there's the inside of the cornucopia. That's not ideal, though. More of a last resort," she said, then added, "Also, if the bodies are still there, there should be a lot of blood on the way, which would be nice...."

She waited for Atom to answer, not caring where they went, as she knew that she'd probably get to see some blood eventually no matter where they went. After all, this IS the Hunger Games. People are trying to kill all but one of us. There's no way 23 people are going to die without a little blood being spilled... She figured.

1 spear
1 box of crackers
3 strips of dried meat
2 waterskins (1 half-full, 1 empty.)
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue400/400Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:39 am

A gust of wind brought a strange scent to them. It smelled like fresh bread and cookies. And it seemed to be coming from the hallway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am

Star spun around, facing the hallway. "Did you smell that?" She didn't wait for an answer. "I don't trust it." She backed away slowly, only two steps, and held the spear protectively out in front of her. "The Gamemakers just gave us food and water. I doubt they'll give us food again. Yet... there could be a way out. Or possibly a trap. Maybe we should throw a rock down there or something? Are there rocks around here? Or- should we just leave the hallway alone and try to find water?" she didn't know who she was talking to really, but she supposed it must be Atom, or possibly the arena itself. She hoped there were spirits around who were listening, regardless. Star knew pretending to be a successful medium was useless in the Games, but she still believed in ghosts, even if she couldn't talk to them but said that she could. Do they recycle past arenas? She wondered. Or are they at least in the same spot? Oh, wait, nevermind there'd be ghosts wherever they take those bodies afterwards, wouldn't there? Oh well.

1 spear
1 box of crackers
3 strips of dried meat
1 half-full waterskin
1 empty waterskin
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:31 pm

I smelled the air and was hit immediately with the fragrance of my mother's famous cookies. I hadn't had them in years, obviously. No one could make them like she did. "I bet it's a trap. Something to distract us and remind us of home?" I suggested. The aroma was mouth-watering and it consumed my mind. I could barely concentrate on anything else. "Let's move far away from the smell. We need water."
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Just as Atom said to move away, the smell quickly stopped. Too quickly, it was abrupt, like it was turned off. Tension hit the air, if a pin were to drop it could be heard. Then, there was a Massive scream just outside the door, it blew the door open and wind rushed through the room. Whatever it was, it was powerful, and scary.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:21 pm

I heard a loud, deafening scream and suddenly I was knocked off of my feet by a gust of harsh wind. It was useless to try and get up and fight against whatever it was. I gripped the floor for dear life and crawled to the long table and clutched one of the legs, praying that the table was too heavy to be lifted by the sudden rush of wind. "Star! Grab onto something!" I screamed over the loud whooshes of air. "We have to get out of here, now! Is there another door somewhere?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:32 pm

(Darn it, I knew something bad was going to happen. I guess we were being to boring for the Gamemakers...)

Star gasped and grabbed onto the wall. She was about to pick up an empty barrel and toss it at the door, but realized that 1) the wind might blow it back at them and 2) if there was a mutt out there who didn't know where they were, that would help it find them. She looked around wildly. "I don't know!" Star shouted over the wind. "We could try to follow the hallway, but I'd rather not. The scream could be fake, but even if the Gamemakers were bluffing to try and get us to go in the hallway, they could put something there anyway! Maybe if we start bonking into walls and jumping on the floor something will break open. No, that's stupid. We could try the hallway, but we'll have to be SUPER careful. Careful as in testing the floor with our feet and possibly using supplies to see if there are any traps. Neither way is likely to be beneficial!" she was on a bit of a rant, but she wasn't rambling on and on about things that didn't matter. This was serious. She took a half-step towards the hallway, reluctant to move further.

1 spear
1 box of crackers
3 strips of dried meat
1 half-full waterskin, 1 empty waterskin

NO INJURIES
IN MAIN HALL
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:39 pm

As Star took a step closer to the hallway, the wind died down a bit, not enough to easily get out though. And by the looks of it, a chair had been gusted onto a pressure plate and revealed a passageway that spiraled down.

Same Passage Estrella used to get to the dungeons.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:42 pm

I looked at Star, still keeping my grip on the table. "I don't want to know what's down there and neither do you. It won't be anything nice, I can promise that. Do you want to risk the hallway now that the wind is starting to die down. We're better off heading out then down, I think." I explained, eyeing the downward spiraling stairs suspiciously
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Star looked nervous. "Should we go down? I mean, we kind of have to, but... it could be a trap. They obviously want us down there." She sighed, trying to look down the passageway without falling in. "I'm going to try and tell what's inside without going in," she explained, and steadied herself, peering in. Star was getting concerned. "If we don't go in, they're going to force us, aren't they? That was rhetorical, hence the words 'aren't they.'" She dropped down to her knees, gripping her supplies, and squinted, trying to see into the passageway. "Maybe there are other tributes down there. Maybe traps. You never know."

_____

Stats and supplies have not changed since last post.

MAIN HALL
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:55 pm

The wind intensifies, the tributes needed to choose now, if they stayed then they might now make it out of the room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Star glanced over at Atom. "I think I'm going to go down. You can follow if you want, but I won't make that decision for you. Oh, but if you hear me dying or something, don't follow. Well, that's advice, not an order, but you get the point. Whatever's down there will hopefully at least be better than here..." she trailed off, then added, "Oh, and don't worry, I love blood. If I do die, it'll probably be more of a pleasant experience for me than for most people. Oh, but if you do come along, I think we should try and hush so the possible others can't hear." Star smiled, tightened her grip on her spear and supplies, took a deep breath, and plunged down the passageway, trying to stay silent in case there were hostile tributes down there. She restrained a nervous giggle.

________

1 spear
1 box of crackers
3 strips of dried meat
1 empty waterskin
1 half-full waterskin

INJURIES: None
DISTRICT: 6
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:16 pm

I pondered for a moment. My mentor wouldn't want me to go down to whatever was waiting for me. "Star, I'm not going to go down there." I decided...I'll wait a little while to make sure you're okay, but I'm going to exit the other way. "Thank you for being my ally." I said, sad to be losing somewhat of a friend in this hell of a place. "I just can't risk whatever's down there."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:31 pm

(Not a post, a question: If I'm going through the same tunnel as Estrella, do I have to go to the same part of the dungeon she went to or do I have to pick any part? Also, do the dungeons lead anywhere that isn't a dungeon or will I find that out later?)
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:34 pm

You find out later, and you go the same way she did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:34 pm

(Okay, I thought as much. Thanks!)
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:39 pm

(we need a gm post before I try to go through the door, right?)
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Yea Sorry for being lazy Wink

The door slid and locked behind Star as she went into the passage, just as the wind died down completely. It turned back to being completely still in the room.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:59 pm

A silver parachute fell to the ground in front of Atom, it carried a medium sized box. The contents of the box were a wrapped up net and a coil of rope.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:04 pm

I smiled at this sudden turn of events. I'd avoided the unknown dangers of what lurked below, the wind had died down, and it looked like I had a sponsor. Maybe I had more of a chance than I'd thought. I hoped that Star wouldn't get hurt by choosing to go down the steps. I let go of the table and gratefully took the parachute and grinned at the net and rope. Now that I had the support of a sponsor, I could go through with the plan that my mentor and I had discussed. "Thank you!" I called, hoping that my mentor and sponsor were watching me now. I had promised to stick around until I lost sight of Star, but there was no way to see her now that the entrance downwards had closed. I was on my own again. I moved towards the exit of the main hall, with a new spring of confidence in my step.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:09 pm

No change
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:12 pm

I left the main hall through where I'd come in and decided to head up to the ramparts so I can go through with my plan. Maybe I would find some water or food on my way as well.
(can i go right to them or should I go to the second floor first?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entering The Main Hall
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next