The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Entering The Main Hall

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Entering The Main Hall Left_bar_bleue150/150Entering The Main Hall Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Entering The Main Hall Empty
PostSubject: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:11 pm

I had been running for awhile and eventually I came across the main hall or what seemed to be a main hall. There was a table stretched out with benches, I doubt there would be food in here so I didn't bother looking for that. What about water? Most likely not, it was an old ruin, why would there be water in here? I wasn't huger right now, or dying of starvation, I was fine but I knew that later on I would be, my main concern was getting away from the careers and be out of their way for now. I set my stuff down on the table. I slipped the quiver of arrows over my shoulder and then held onto the bow, I still couldn't believe I had a bow. I took the rope and the slipped the bucket on it and began to tie it around my waste. I used the simple knot that I learned in training, it wasn't much but it would work for now.

That was when I figured this would be a good place to stay and hid until the bloodbath died down, and I got grouped up with the rest of my allies. I had no clue where they were, if they made it out alive. All that matter was I was alive for now and I was still going, I was going to try and make it to the second day at the very least, I basically almost swore it to Nathan. Nathan Where was he? It didn't matter, I needed a place to hide, somewhere I where I was hidden but somewhere I could still see who entered the room, why because it would give me the upper hand, I began looking around and thinking of moving things. I saw some barrels I may be able to hide behind but I wasn't sure, there was sacks of flower too I was pretty. I had to have a place to hide, I didn't want to die, this was a matter of life or death, I moved around silently making barely any sound at all terrified of careers trying to kill me, they might even torture me if they wished it.

Estrella still has the same old. Bow, 20 arrows, bucket, and rope.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Male Posts : 1443
Birthday : 1994-12-20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Entering The Main Hall Left_bar_bleue400/400Entering The Main Hall Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
Character Name:: Brook Shields
Alliance:: Victors

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:16 pm

As Estrella moved over to the barrels she experienced a sensation of pushing upon one of the stone tiles, in turn a loud grating sound of rock against rock occurred and a passage opened in the wall beside her. It twisted downwards in a spiral, it was quiet apart from the odd drip of something.

This tunnel leads to the Dungeons

Last edited by Sno on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergamesrp.rpg-board.net
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Entering The Main Hall Left_bar_bleue150/150Entering The Main Hall Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:24 pm

I gasped as a passage of sorts open, it was something alright, and whether it closed in on me or not, I needed to take that chance. Maybe if I kept one foot on where it divided. That way I could still see. I really hoped if it did close on me I would have a chance to get out. I needed a way out because I had no idea what was down there and I really couldn't afford to meet my doom, and I couldn't just randomly vanish and die like that, it wasn't part of my plan. I quietly inched closer to it.

As I stepped one foot inside I looked around at the tunnel a bit and hesitated a little before I kept one foot on the floor and then I did a a 360 degree turn and I was facing away from the tunnel, I really didn't want to die by some sick twisted mutt the gamemakers had planned, but maybe there was water down there, right now that would have to wait though, my allies had to be somewhere near by. I got down on one knee in a proposing stance and silently took an arrow and loaded it, I kept low and hidden but could just see over the barrels, the seconds that went by felt like minutes.

Estrella, still has the same thing.
No injuries
200/200 health
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Entering The Main Hall Left_bar_bleue400/400Entering The Main Hall Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:27 pm

The wall slowly began to close with another wave of deafining noise. Estrella needed to make her choice or risk being crushed by the massive stone. It would be doubtful she would be able to find the switch that opened it until morning, and by the sounds echoing around the castle, it wouldn't stay calm like it was through the night.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:40 pm

I was perched at the ready waiting for someone to come in the door, I half expected someone but the damn wall was closing in! "God damn it." I mumbled under my breath. This was the hunger games after all, I had to pick between two options I didn't like very much. One, go back out into the main hall and try to look for another hiding spot and risk getting caught by the careers, or see what lies down the tunnel, where even more possible dangers could be. There was also the option of getting smashed to pieces between the wall but I didn't like that option. If I went out there again I might not find this passage again, maybe someone else might find it. If I was correct the careers would want to go up, maybe I was safer for now going down, and maybe I'd have a chance to open the wall from the inside.

Time was running out and I had to pick now! It was do or die, I rather have a chance against a mutt than a person, at least I wouldn't have to kill an actual person. I did what I had to do and stepped inside the tunnel and looked around, this might have been a bad choice but I would meet up with someone eventually, the gamemakers would get bored and push me towards tributes eventually.

I didn't decide to move yet I wanted to look around a bit by the passage before climbing down the stairs. Maybe I could sleep here for the night and go on in the morning, but what about the careers? They always stayed up at night to find tributes but I doubt they'd fine me, unless the gamemakers wanted to have some fun. Now I was looking up on the high parts of the wall, I wanted to find something that would keep me off the ground, some place up where I could sleep, I doubt I'd find anything here though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Star ran away from the Cornucopia and into a hall. I've got to find an ally... she realized, and suddenly heard something. It could be a career, or a mutt, or another hostile tribute... she fretted, and decided not to check if she knew them yet. She pressed up against a wall, clutching her spear tightly. I guess I'll just stay here for now. I don't want to sleep yet, but... at least no one else seems to be around.

She narrowed her eyes, trying to see what was around her, and sat down on the floor, still against the wall, with her hands around her knees, waiting. After a few minutes, she had caught her breath, and stood up so she'd be ready to run if someone attacked. Her gaze flickered across the room, nervous and slightly frightened. I didn't think the Games would take such a toll on my nerves... she thought. It's just... the idea of anyone being anywhere around you and trying to kill you. Star shuddered, and pushed her back further into the wall, trying to look inconspicuous.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Around the room lies an assortment of barrels, as well as a long table and chairs set up with platters, all are unfortunately picked dry and only bones remain.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

Female Posts : 125
Birthday : 1994-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:02 pm

I had planned on stopping at the drawbridge, but I had noticed a tribute sleeping below it so I continued on, not wanting to risk waking them up and being killed for interrupting their sleep. This seemed to be some sort of central hall in the castle and a good place to catch my breath. I eagerly ran to the long table, hoping to find some sort of food to stock up on, but was disappointed. "It'd probably be poisonous anyway." I reasoned with myself. I sighed and walked away, and that's when I spotted a girl sitting against the wall, looking nervous as hell and clutching a spear like her life depended on it, which I guess it did. I held up my hands in a truce and walked towards her. "I'm Atom. You look like you could use an ally." I said, attempting a smile.
Back to top Go down
http://flavors.me/paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Star glared at the approaching tribute. She pondered alliances for a second. I could... but then... hmmm. Would it... I mean, we could use another... but I can't just make that decision without... ugh, I don't want to fight anyone yet, but... urgh. Well, I'll just.... yeah, that works. She finally decided on something, no thanks to her thoughts, which were running wild. She shrugged at Atom. "I'm Star. And, well... maybe. If you're offering, then... well... sure, I guess. But only for now. I mean, I'm not going to suddenly turn on you and kill you, but I might leave based on other variables... I can't really tell you, but it won't involve hurting you. Just know that I might desert this alliance later. Okay? If not, I'll leave, but don't try to kill me, please. I'd rather not have to fight with anyone at the moment. The games just started," she responded, hoping that would suffice for both parties involved. She glanced over at a barrel, wondering what was inside, and guessing it was just air. She looked back at the other tribute. "District 3, right?" she guessed.

1 Spear
1 box of crackers
No injuries
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:26 pm

I laughed silently at her puzzled face while she thought. "Sounds like a plan." I agreed, "And no worries. That's all an alliance is. We part ways when we part ways, and no, I will not try to kill you. After all, you won't be betraying me. You're telling me now what your plan is. I won't go after you the second we part, but I'm not going to promise to protect you after we separate either..." I drifted off. I slid down the wall and sat beside her. "Yeah, district 3. You're 6 right? Star's a pretty cool name." (no idea how to delete...ignore this post...will post after sno approves later on)

Last edited by Paperbackwriter on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:31 pm

(You have to wait for GM post before posting again.)
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:32 pm

(should I delete my last post?)
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:34 pm

(Yeah, I guess so)
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Environment has not changed
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:38 pm

(what is the posting rule? i thought as long as we weren't double posting it was okay to post a response....)
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:40 pm

It's, everyone posts, then a GM posts, then everyone posts, and so on.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:41 pm

(okay got it. sorry! you mustve had to explain so much today. so now that you said the environment stays its okay to post since no change takes place?)
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Yes, you and Rain post once, then I would post again
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:43 pm

(got it! thanks)

I laughed silently at her puzzled face while she thought. "Sounds like a plan." I agreed, "And no worries. That's all an alliance is. We part ways when we part ways, and no, I will not try to kill you. After all, you won't be betraying me. You're telling me now what your plan is. I won't go after you the second we part, but I'm not going to promise to protect you after we separate either..." I drifted off. I slid down the wall and sat beside her. "Yeah, district 3. You're 6 right? Star's a pretty cool name."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:49 pm

Star nodded, and took a step forward from the wall. "That works. And thanks. You too." She turned around, eyes scanning the wall as quickly as possible for anything to take note of, then had a sudden thought. Her focus lost, Star hurried over to a barrel, wanting to confirm her suspicion that there was only air inside. "I'm going to open this..." she trailed off to explain herself, and attempted to lift the top off with her fingers. "Come on, open," she muttered. "Hopefully you aren't going to contain something dangerous. Hopefully it's only air. Only air." I'm talking to a barrel... she realized. Maybe I really have gone insane. Eh, nope. If talking to inanimate objects was considered insane, then I already am.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Upon opening the barrel several dried strips of meat and 3 waterskins are revealed.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:57 pm

I looked at Star in shock. Definitely a lot more intelligent than I'd initially realized. "I didn't think there'd be anything in here. Nice work." I said, giving her a nod of approval. "Are the waterskins full? If not, we should find some water in the morning." I counted the supplies and thought for a moment. "Do you mind if I take one of the skins? You can have the other two since you found them, and I guess we can split the meat? We should check the other barrels too." I hoped that the other barrels had supplies, if anything. I could picture the gamemakers laughing thinking that now that we saw one barrel was safe, we wouldn't be expecting any danger from the others....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 am

"Ooh! That's more than I hoped for," Star chirped, pleased with the discovery. "Take half... We shouldn't use it yet, though." She was about to pick some of it up when she thought of something. Where do people carry these things? Is it possible to lug around a barrel as a back-pack like device? She shrugged and a waterskin to Atom. "Sure, here. Will you heck for water, as well? Then I'll open another barrel. I doubt there will be anything more in there, but I hope there isn't a trap or anything. Just make sure you don't open on at the same time in case it is." She pulled out another waterskin and opened it cautiously.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:13 am

Only 1 of the 3 skins contains water, the rest of the barrels are empty.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 am

I growled with frustration as I kicked over the barrel nearest to me. Empty. Oh well. I should be thankful I didn't have my head blown off or something like that. "Star, my skin's empty." I murmured, placing the barrel upright once again. We would have to find water in the morning for sure now. We would also need something to carry our supplies. I had apples bulging in my pockets and I probably looked ridiculous carrying around my spear and mace. One weapon was threatening, but two just made me look like an idiot. I shoved my half of the dried meat in my pockets with the apples and just hung onto the skin. Maybe we'd have to head back to the cornucopia tomorrow too, or look for someone with a lot of supplies who would be easy to take down if we worked together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entering The Main Hall   Entering The Main Hall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entering The Main Hall
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next