The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

District 8 Train

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon

moon

Female Posts : 566
Birthday : 1998-07-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 8 Train Left_bar_bleue150/150District 8 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

District 8 Train Empty
PostSubject: District 8 Train   District 8 Train Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 5:55 pm

District 8 Train 14jrbeb

Mirabelle Goulding
Mira's family cried when they heard her name, and cried when they visited her. Really the room was a mess of tears, from her and her loved ones. While they whispered encouragements and wishes, the girl knew that there really wasn't a chance she was coming back. She was thin, weak, and had a bland personality. People at the Capitol didn't take interest in people like her. They killed people like her. As she was torn from her family and placed on a fancy train, tears were still present in her eyes.

The girl sat on her bed, deciding that it was better to sit there to fix herself, rather than in the presence of everyone. The last thing she wanted was for people to see her cry, already. She knew that this wasn't the last of her tears, but they died down to sniffles in a matter of minutes. Mira looked at herself in the mirror in front of her, frowning at her appearance. Her eyes were puffy from her tears, and her hair matted from the hugs her family had given her. The dress she was wearing was now wrinkled in the front due to so much contact. She hated the dress, in all honesty, and wished that she could've afforded something that fit her decently. Something that made her look decent for once.

After pitying herself, the girl walked into the dining car in search for food. She had been sick to her stomach before about eating anything, but now she was starving. A lovely sight of pastries and sweets met her eye as she entered, and the tribute took no time in sampling. Mira didn't know what she was eating, but it was heavenly to someone who hadn't ever seen such luxury before. After filling a small plate, she took a seat in an overly plush velvet couch. The tribute observed the area around her while she ate, marveling at the beauty in technology.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Male Posts : 531
Birthday : 1996-12-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 8 Train Left_bar_bleue0/150District 8 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)

District 8 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 8 Train   District 8 Train Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:56 pm

ROWAN QUISTAN -- District Eight Mentor

Rowan entered the train, already thinking of what his tributes could do. So far, he had failed his own nephew and three tributes he hadn't known before. He wasn't going to fail this one, he hoped. "Two years since I failed Thomas. Two years since I've picked up the drink," he reasons in his head. This new one, at least his primary focus, Mirabelle, was small. He watched her from the hall to the dining car, leaning against a door frame. She seemed to be down, which he understood. "Hell, I'd have to knock some sense into her if she wasn't upset. These games, after all..."

Rowan made his way to her, strolling up behind her and placing a hand on her shoulder. "You okay?" he asked. Of course she wasn't, but he wasn't just going to jump into the Games this time. She seemed genuinly upset, and he wanted to make this better. Walking around the couch, he grabbed a bottle of red wine, his favorite when not restricted on choices. Pouring himself a glass and grabbing a small piece of bread, he moved to sit beside Mirabelle. Looking to her, he stated, "I'm Rowan Quistan, and I'll be your best friend for the upcoming weeks." He flashed a genuine small to her, showing that he was really here for her.

items : His shoes, maybe :3
Back to top Go down
moon

moon

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 8 Train Left_bar_bleue150/150District 8 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

District 8 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 8 Train   District 8 Train Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:50 pm

District 8 Train 14jrbeb

Mirabelle Goulding
Mira's attention was on her food, and she froze mid-bite as A hand was placed on her shoulder. The girl knew it had to be someone from the Capitol, but she wasn't sure as to who. The voice was calm and reassuring, and that made her relax slightly. "I'm fine," she replied softly, after swallowing what had been some pastry. The girl set her plate out on the table in front of her and placed her hands in her lap. Maybe pretending to be a well mannered teenager would help clear her head of her impending death.

She passed her blue eyes over her mentor, she tried to manage a small smile. Grin and bear it, right? Mirabelle almost laughed at his comment, but bit it back. "Oh, thank you, I think?" she said. The girl brushed a strand of her dull hair behind her ear, glancing down at her food. "So, what am I supposed to do to make people like me?" the tribute asked, daring to look back at the person across the table from her.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 8 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 8 Train   District 8 Train Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 10:08 am

Rowan nodded when Mirabelle said she was fine. He knew she wasn't, but he respected her for trying. Taking another sip of wine, he glanced to her as she replied to him. "I will be your best friend, so, yes, that thank you was necessary," he chuckled out. Placing another torn piece of bread into his mouth, he watched her as she asked him a question. Nodding and swallowing simultaneously, he chuckled. Wiping his mouth on a napkin, "Well, you see, Mirabelle, that is where you come in. From what I can tell, just by simply looking you over, you are small. We could play off a weaker, more innocent, angle. That, or," he paused to take another sip of wine. "Better idea rather than guessing. How about you let me know you. Let me know who you are. What are you good at? What aren't you good at?"

Rowan took to his feet, pacing around the couch again, and returning to a position behind her. "Let me in. Let me know who Mirabelle is. Who she inspires to be. What she inspires to do outside of this accursed train car," he said, with a hand on her shoulder and a hand waving in the general direction of what's in front of them. Something that she could aim for that belongs outside of the world they are currently in.

Back to top Go down
moon

moon

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 8 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 8 Train   District 8 Train Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 pm

District 8 Train 14jrbeb

Mirabelle Goulding
Mira watched Rowan with interest, as if she was trying to figure him out. As he reiterated the fact that he would become her best friend, the girl attempted a smile. It came out as more of a wince, but she tried. The idea of having a near middle aged man as her best friend was a little odd, but she didn't have anyone else to turn to right now. The suggestion of a weaker role seemed appealing for a moment, but she wished she had other options, like the heroines she read about. However, at the end of the day, she was still Mira, and she was still weak. "I didn't think they liked weak," the girl commented softly, averting her gaze from her 'best friend'.

At his comment, the girl nodded slowly. She had a clear idea of who she wanted to be, that was easy. She aspired to be so much more than she was, and almost impossible wish. Mirabelle would be up against trained killers, no dream could save her now. "Well, I, uh - " she took a breath. Talking this much wasn't something she was used too. "I want to be brave." Openly admitting that felt like a weight was lifted off her shoulders. It displayed to her how insane her wishes truly were, it woke her up. "But I'm not, I just like to read things. I did well in school."
outfit
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 8 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 8 Train   District 8 Train Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:56 am

Rowan nodded, this is what he expected. He knew that Mirabelle was small, but she seemed quite smart. The fact that she reiterated that made him believe it more. "Well, typically, no. They don't want weaker ones. However, if you show yourself as weak to the other tributes, they might not bother you for awhile." Rowan returned to the front of the couch, glancing at the trays of food. Deciding against it, he turned back to Mirabelle. Clapping his hands together, a smile grew on his face. "There we go! You want to be brave! That is what we work on!" As he said this, he moved the glass of wine away from him, replacing it with a glass of water. "You say you like to read. Prefect, we can work from that. Now, you must recognize this, if you read a fair bit. 'Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once.' That is about the only classical literature I know." Rowan glanced at Mirabelle again. Biting his bottom lip, "I know I don't know you well, Mirabelle. And I know I'm older, but we can work this out. You want to be brave, you must place yourself in that mindset. Don't let anyone or anything scare you. Be a hero like in the books. Be someone who isn't scared to face the world, or death, to achieve what they want. I had to do it many a moon ago," he chuckled and took a sip of water. "You think you can do that? If not, I'm here to help."

Back to top Go down
moon

moon

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 8 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 8 Train   District 8 Train Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 pm

District 8 Train 14jrbeb

Mirabelle Goulding
Mira wasn't sure how she felt on acting weak, but whatever worked. She wanted to survive, almost more than anything. If it meant she had to be real, and weak, she figured it couldn't that hard. Besides, the tribute hardly spoke most days anyways, nothing would be different; except that she would be fighting for her life. The sudden clap of noise startled her, as she blinked wide-eyed at her mentor. She wasn't sure how her wish helped the situation, but Rowan sure seemed excited about the idea of it.

She recognized his line, and nodded as he spoke it. Mirabelle figured if that was true, she must have died at least ten times by now. The girl tried to absorb what he meant, and tried to imagine herself pretending to be brave. A small, shy little girl, trying to be braver than that of a career? The idea made her want to laugh, but she made no sound. "So, is this game more mental, or physical?" she asked, glancing her blue eyed gaze at her mentor once more. The eye contact was short as she looked back at her food. Readjusting her posture, the girl exhaled. "How do you pretend to be brave, when everyone else is pretending too?" she asked, her eyebrows knitting together as she stared at her plate.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 8 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 8 Train   District 8 Train Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:13 pm

Rowan drained his glass of water, placing it back down on the table. Chuckling at Mirabelle's reaction to his clapping, Rowan scratched the back of neck. Personally, the Games were more mental for me. I was making friends with everyone from each pack, just to time my murdering of them. Topping finding food and water on top of that, it was a mental Games for me." Rowan strolled over to sit beside Mirabelle, placing an arm awkwardly around her in a side hug. "That's it. Most of your competition isn't trying. Not to disappoint you or down you, but that is the fact. Either they are Careers, who don't need to pretend, or they are too scared to do anything. That is why you play brave. Take advantage of the scared ones and then actually be brave against the larger ones."

Back to top Go down
moon

moon

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 8 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 8 Train   District 8 Train Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:39 pm

District 8 Train 14jrbeb

Mirabelle Goulding
Mira looked down at the mention of murder. From the beginning of her life, her parents told her wrong from right. It was wrong to end a life, and she would be tasked with that very job soon. As much as she hoped it could be a mental game for her, she strongly doubted it. The career pack looked strong, like the male from District One. She didn't fancy becoming a career's snack, but it looked easily possible in the circumstance. The arm around her shoulder in a strange side-hug made her uncomfortable, but she didn't speak again, and looked at her food.

She took in his words, hoping that she could manage to be brave enough to actually execute their plan. "What about allies?" she asked aloud. Mira's blue eyes turned over to face her mentor for a moment, before she stood and moved to get a glass of water for herself. Once she sat back down, she sat across the table, and pulled her plate of food over to her new position. "Are they a good idea, or...?" she wondered as she took a bite of a chicken leg.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 8 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 8 Train   District 8 Train Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Rowan took notice of Mirabelle looking down when he mentioned murder. "It's a shame that innocence is lost by these Games. She didn't want to hear that word," he thought to himself. Standing, Rowan returned to the table, glass in hand, to refill it. Picking up a piece of candy, he assumed chocolate, he glanced back at Mirabelle as she asked her newest question. Stopping for a moment to wipe off his mouth, he spoke, "That'll be up to you, Mirabelle. Personally, I'd recommend an ally or two. That can be the difference in a lot of things. From food, to water, to sponsors. Get a good ally, and you have a bit of all those things." Taking a few gulps of water, he turned to look out the window. "Be ready to take as much in at the Training Center as you can. Find someone who compliments you and learn them. As odd as that sounds, if you want an ally, you want to know what they can do and make sure they compliment you so that you all don't have too much of one style on a team."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

District 8 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 8 Train   District 8 Train Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

District 8 Train
Page 1 of 1