The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brooding in the Night

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Brooding in the Night Left_bar_bleue150/150Brooding in the Night Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Brooding in the Night Empty
PostSubject: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:55 am

Jacob Barker
Brooding in the Night Jacobp10
Jacob had left his house in the Victors Village not long ago, none of the victors bothered him, which was nice. Occasionally his Mentor visited him to see how he was doing, while Jacob appreciated the gesture, he really just wanted to be left alone. He found a bench in the infamous upper part of the district and took a seat. He wasn't worried about thieves or muggers. They recognized his face even after seven long years, they knew who he was, and that kept them away from him. The last time someone had attempted to rob Jacob, he had been 15, and he'd nearly killed his assailant. He kept his mind churning as he sat on the bench, and put his hood up on his cloak. It had to be past three in the morning, but somehow Jacob still went through patches where he couldn't sleep, so he came here to think and breathe in the fresh air.

Last edited by Gazimu on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Male Posts : 704
Birthday : 1993-01-14

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Brooding in the Night Left_bar_bleue150/150Brooding in the Night Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:13 am

Errik White

Brooding in the Night Colin-ford-under-the-dome

Errik walked along the streets of the upper district. Night had fallen, and the streets were quiet. He was glad for that, it gave him time to be by himself and think. The games had just recently ended, and he had returned to the district alone. He carried the blame and guilt for the deaths of their tributes, he didnt want to mentor anymore. He had been unable to give them valuable advice, and they had to pay the price. These thoughts ran through his head, he didnt pay any attention to where he was heading he just let his feet carry him.

Last edited by Yanoro Hawk on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:41 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Brooding in the Night Left_bar_bleue10/150Brooding in the Night Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:27 am

Dustin was walking through the streets of District 7. This is where his father and Daniel had told him to never go...and for good reason. But, he didn't care. He just wanted to be out of the house...and the night was the best time to do so. It was quiet and no one bothered him...and no one really recognized him under the hoodie of his. He sighed as he looked around. He remembered to bring a knife with him for protection. He was actually hoping someone would try to hurt him. The thought of him hurting someone else made him smile. He was slowly going insane, even he could see that. But he managed to hide those feelings from everyone else. After a bit more walking, he noticed something in the corner of his eye and looked over. It was someone sitting on a bench...and he looked vaguely familiar. Then, he realized he had stopped to look at him and he shook his head and had begun to walk off, hoping he wasn't stopped by him.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:29 pm

Brooding in the Night Tumblr_mdjv0uWHLw1qatcfzo1_500
Brooding in the Night Kalinanamebanner
---District 7---Female---16---

Kalina tried to hurry back home at this late hour from the upper district. She normally would never be out and about at this late/early hour let alone even be awake. But her brother was sick and he was sent out to try and see if there was something, anything she could do to try and help him. She first tried the shops but knew that no one would be around at this time. Next stop was the house of the local healer and just hope that there was something that she could get to help him or that they would be willing to help. But no response, everyone either was too far asleep for them to hear her knocks or they just didn't care. She assumed it was the first option to saver her spirits some. Now she just tried to hurry back home, back to her family and back to her bed so they wouldn't worry about her being gone for too long and send her father out looking for her. Kalina was small after all and if someone wanted to they could easily stop her or try to mug her or something.

Kalina reached an area of the upper district and knew she didn't have much further to go to reach her destination. She spied a few people there, but didn't really get a good look at faces with a combination of the dark surrounding them and the fact that it looked like 2 of them had hoods or something on them. She just kept her head down and tried not to make trouble. Kalina just wanted to go home right now and she tried to hurry her steps so that she would get out of the seemingly random people that situated themselves around this seemingly normal bench. Something must have caught her shoe though because before she knew it she was falling forwards towards the hard ground underneath her. "Oof." She mumbled quietly to herself as she attempted to get up. What a situation she had gotten herself into.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Jacob Barker
Jacob sensed others in the street. It was strange enough to have a single other person wandering the streets at this hour, but as Jacob looked up slightly, he spotted three. One he recognized as Errik, his old tribute come victor and replacement mentor. He could imagine why he was up at night. He didn't really feel like getting into anything here, but he had nothing else to do and he was curious as to what brought them all to this spot in the district at three in the morning. "So, what brings you three here?" he says, loud enough for them all to hear, he continued to face the ground, waiting for responses.

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Oh no...she had been found out. Kalina had really hoped that she would remain unseen by the other three people there but it seemed her plan had failed. Whether it was the fall or maybe she just wasn't as silent and sneaky as she originally hoped she was. Her back straightened as the voice from behind her spoke and she contemplated not even turning around or responding. Kalina knew she shouldn't be there, she knew it was too late and too dark and right now in this moment she knew that she was regretting being there right then. She kept her mouth closed though for a few seconds waiting to see if anyone else spoke, maybe if they got to talking she could sneak off and no one would notice. Maybe it was a peacekeeper about to whip her for being out too late? She wasn't sure but she almost didn't want to turn around to find out. "I...uh...I don't mean to be out this late. I'm going home now." She turned her head slightly to catch a glimpse of the owner of the voice but still couldn't tell much about him except that he was sitting on the bench and his gaze was locked on the ground. Kalina just hoped she would be able to get out of the situation in one piece.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Jacob Barker
Jacob, remaining stoic, heard out the girl's panicked words. As she turned and glanced at him, he lifted his head slightly, looking up at her from his hood, "That didn't answer my question" he said to her bluntly. He didn't care how late she wanted to be outside, he was wondering why she was out later than she wanted.

Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Brooding in the Night Left_bar_bleue10/150Brooding in the Night Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:13 am

Dustin sighed as he asked the question. Then, he realized the girl had replied first and he tried to see if he could slip away...hoping he wasn't stopped as he began to leave. He looked suspicious with his hoodie...although, all of them were a bit shady looking being up so early...or late, whichever way you wanted to look at it. In any case, he kept walking, although something made him stop for a moment...he didn't know what it was, but it was long enough to catch someone's attention and he cursed in his head.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:28 am

Kalina just stood there but didn't turn around fully. His voice was stoic and intimidating and already she was uncomfortable with the situation itself let alone having to speak more. She wasn't really a talker and so the idea that she had to be a chatty Kathy wasn't really on the top of her list of things she had hoped to be doing right now. Luckily the other 2 hadn't approached her or anything yet, so maybe if they were muggers or something they didn't see her as a threat. "I'm..." She gulped a little after her voice cracked in mid word then after a quick second to try and gather her senses she spoke again towards the person on the bench, still hardly able to make out his face much. "My brother...he's sick and I was trying to see if I could get some medicine." She spoke in a hushed voice, while they were outside it was later in the night and she didn't wish to disturb anyone as they slumbered. That was the last thing she wanted to do was to wake up a disgruntled citizen.

Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:41 am

Erikk took a seat on a bench near by, close enough to hear the conversation, but not so close as to be right in the middle. He wasnt really in the mood for talking at the moment as it was, and just wanted to be able to clear his head of all thoughts. He watched the stars as the moved around in the sky, and listened to the whistling of the wind. These things were what he loved about the outdoors, it was peaceful, and he felt like he could stay out there forever.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:57 pm

Jacob Barker
Jacob pointed at the kid in the hoodie trying to get away, he lifted his head to face him, "Not so fast sketchy boy, I asked you a question" he said, not worried at all about who the guy might be. He knew who the one on the bench was, so he'd leave him to his own brooding for a little bit before confronting him about it. He turned back to the girl, "What kind of sickness? You can take some medicine from my house" he said, "Well, if I have anything that will help" he added.

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:03 am

Kalina subconsciously gulped as another boy passed near her but was stopped as he too tried to leave like her. But just like her he was stopped or at least hollered at by the guy still sitting on the bench. He then turned his attention back to Kalina as he asked what kind of sickness her brother had then offered medicine. She knew she shouldn't go to strangers houses in the middle of the night...that was what her parents taught her at least so the offer seemed a little sketchy to her. Kalina finally turned around to face the voice but she still kept her gaze towards the ground and didn't really look up except to get a few glances here and there at the owner of the voice. He looked up from his hood and she could sort of make out his features, he looked familiar but she wasn't 100% sure exactly who owned it though she had a good idea who it was. "He...is vomiting and he complains of stomach pains and a fever." Kalina mumbled a little as she spoke under her breath a little and still looked down at the ground. She wasn't entirely sure what it was that he would need but she knew he needed something for his fever. Or at least something that would ease his discomfort until the morning.

((Aro came out to play))
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:22 am

Jacob Barker
Jacob slowly got up from his bench, "Sounds basically like a fever, I should have something for that" he turned and looked in the direction he knew his house was, "You can come with me if you want the medicine and all" he said, nodding at least somewhat kindly to the girl. He looked at the boy with the hood standing nearby, "You can come along if you want to hoodie boy, I'm sure your curiosity is as sparked as mine was" he said, turning and beginning to walk towards his home, he talked over his shoulder, "You too Bench boy, we're neighbors anyways and I want to talk to you" he said, knowing the boy on the bench was Errik. It seemed the other two hadn't caught on to his identity yet, that was fine, they'd figure it out once they reached his house.

Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:39 am

Dustin sighed. As angry as he was...the other guy was right, even if he did sound slightly sarcastic. He was curious...this would at least get his mind off of Daniel. He began to walk after him, somewhat reluctantly and said "By the way...to answer your earlier question...I couldn't sleep." He just ended it off with that, simply and kept following him. He wondered, even if he was curious, why he was doing this. Maybe he wasn't as bitter as he originally thought...he shook the thought out of his head. He had committed a murder. Of course he was bitter...but still...it couldn't hurt to be with normal people who didn't think about killing people in the streets all the time. He decided to just push all of that out of his mind. He didn't know how it got there in the first place...
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:37 pm

I sat on the bench, silent,not making any noise. I listened to the conversation that was going on, but refrained from joining in. It turned out that the girls brother was sick, but the symptoms she described sounded less serious, 'it was probably just the flu', I thought to myself. looked up as the Jacob was taking the other two back to his house. "I think im good just staying here tonight." I answered him. I didnt really feel like going back to my house, I much rather would have stayed outside all night long.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:57 am

Kalina wasn't curious nor was she jumping at the chance to follow someone she barely knew to their 'house,' where god knows what could be waiting for her. But the boy who tried to leave earlier sure didn't seem to have a problem with going as he was all gung ho to follow him. As the one who was clearly acting as a leader in everything that was going on started to walk a stream of light hit him and she could swear she could make out some of his features. He looked familiar, very very familiar. That was when she placed it, he was Jacob Barker a victor and previous mentor for her district. Kalina wasn't sure on anybody else's names or anything and she had hardly gotten a look at the other two guys who were there in that area with her, what with the dark and the whole not trying to make herself known thing going on. Another boy who had been sitting on the bench and obviously new the first one made a comment about staying out there and then the boy who offered to go to his house now walked further and further leaving Kalina still there torn on what to do. On one hand, Jacob offered her something to ease her brother's pain and that was a positive. But then again, even if he was a previous victor it didn't mean that she should just automatically trust him or anything. And then lastly there was the fact that she was still wandering around at 3 in the morning with her family waiting for her return to hear of any news. They wouldn't come immediately but once it seemed like it would be a long enough time for her to have made it to the healers and come back home she knew her father would come out looking for her. This was a predicament indeed. But she moved very slowly behind the two, not trying to catch up to them but moving a little slower so that she was still moving in some general direction.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Jacob Barker
Jacob kept walking, through the streets of the district. He quieted down now, letting Errik sit alone on his bench, almost like he was imitating what Jacob had been doing prior to the arrival of the three sad musketeers. As they reached the entrance to the victors village, he didn't slow as he walked through the open gate and headed to his house. "Here we are" he muttered, opening the front door and gesturing for the two who had followed him to come inside.

Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:21 am

Dustin went in first. He had realized who he was the moment they got into Victor's Village. He didn't bring it up though. He walked in a bit before turning around and putting his hood down. "Nice house...wish I could live in a place as nice as this." His expression didn't change. He said it more as a statement than a compliment. His features could be made out a bit more. He turned away again and began to look around. He walked forward a bit more, his face still blank. If Daniel won, you would be living in a place like this... a voice in his head told him. He shook his head slightly to get the thought out. Daniel didn't win. No use thinking like that now.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:17 am

Errik got up from the bench, shortly after the others had left. He made his way towards his house, which also happened to be right next to Jacob's place. He stopped in front of Jacob's house, and decided to join them. He entered the house and looked around to see where the others had gone off too.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Jacob Barker
Jacob went through the kitchen cupboards looking to see if he had any medicine out here. He knew a lot was in the bathroom, but if he could find something for her here it'd be quicker. He found a cabinet with some bottles and read the writing on them until he saw one with Aspirin in it that was apparently for fevers. He grabbed the bottle and closed the cupboard before setting the bottle on the table in front of the girl. "that should help with your brother's fever, instructions for giving him the pills are on the bottle, If he's young, maybe give him less than it says because he's not an adult and it's an adult pill." he said, shrugging, "I don't exactly have any need for childrens medicine here, so I can't get you any of that from my house" he said.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Kalina followed very far behind the party, and very slowly behind the pair as well. Even though she knew who one of the boys was and she knew he was a victor she still didn't know who the other boy was and you could never trust people. Not even previous victors. She cautiously entered the house and followed behind the group, still unsure of why she was here exactly. I mean she loved her brother, but not enough to possibly get her killed in the basement of a mansion. Kalina looked around noticing first off how fancy everything was but also how empty it seemed in that mansion. Jacob hasn't married like some victors have, but he was also young enough so no one seemed to care. But it seemed like even his family didn't really take up residence here or else he probably wouldn't have invited them all there to his humble abode.

Kalina walked a little bit further into the kitchen, still keeping her guard up as Jacob rummaged through his cupboards for something to give her. She just tried to keep quiet as he did and didn't say a thing, not only because she was being cautious but also because she hardly ever talked to anyone anyways. Soon enough he pulled out a bottle and placed it in front of her. Kal reached into her pockets and grabbed the small amount of coins she had in her pocket that she was going to give to the apothecary anyways for the medicine. She knew that the amount she was putting down was not nearly enough to cover the fancy medicine from the Capitol but she hoped it would do. She set it down on the table as she grabbed the bottle and held it in her palms, observing it and looking at the writing on the bottle. "Thank you," she said quickly and quietly towards Jacob and not really speaking to anyone else in the room, even though there was another person there.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:16 am

Jacob Barker
Jacob smirked a bit at the boy as he admired the house, "In my experience, it's not worth the cost to get one" he said. As he leaned back on the counter, he looked at the boy, "You know, your brother did everything he could to try to get back here" he said, revealing that he knew exactly who the boy was. "I know it's hard to do, but try to be proud of him for going through what he did, the Games aren't easy to get home alive from" he told him.

He turned to the girl as she set coins on the Table, "No need to pay me, kid. I have too much of that stuff already" he said, as she thanked him for the pills, he shrugged. "Don't mention it, I still care for my district is all" he said quietly. As he saw Errik walk in his door slowly, he changed his tone a bit, "So, do you guys want anything to drink? Coffee, hot chocolate, anything hot to get home in the cold with?" he asked, feeling he needed to offer comfort to at least Errik to keep him here until he could help him out a bit with his issues.

Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Dustin felt like he should've been shocked that he knew who he was. But he just nodded his head and looked around some more. Eventually he had replied, "He had a good chance...dad was crazy, he didn't lie about that. But he did leave out some facts about that...kept us safe too." He sighed and put his hands in his pockets. He thought about everything Daniel had told him. They both knew that Daniel would leave, but there was something inside Dustin that hoped he would never have had to leave. He thought all about the games. The reapings, the interviews and the games themselves. Then the image of Daniel dying showed up. He shook it from his mind and kept looking around.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Kalina just kept looking to the ground. She was tempted to pick the coins up and off the table where she left them but knew she should leave them where they were. "No, if I go back home with a pocket full of coins and a bottle of fancy medicine my family will think I stole it." She made no eye contact with anyone as she spoke and her voice was its usual volume, nice and low. She didn't know any of these people, well not really. There was only what they showed on TV, she knew that Jacob had won back when she herself was ineligible for the Games themselves and the boy who walked in behind her now was the victor from 2 years ago now, they were practically the same age. And this boy who Jacob pointed out was the brother of the male tribute last games. It seemed that Kalina was the odd one out in this environment. She had obviously not been chosen and her family has been lucky so far in being spared from the pain of seeing your child in the games. This must be why all three of them were out at such an early hour of the morning. She just pushed those thoughts out of her mind though, the only way she would know what all three of them were thinking and why they were out there would be to ask them directly and she wasn't going to do that.

Kal just reached out and grabbed the coins, her parents might have to believe that she had happened to meet a victor and he happened to give her the medicine for free, right? Well if they had concerns she guess they could just pay him a visit themselves, because she knew that he probably wouldn't let her leave without taking the money back. She shook her head at his question. She needed to leave now, it was late; so much later then what she was expected to be back home. This little detour may get her in more trouble then her parents thinking that she stole a bottle of medicine. "Thank you again," she spoke quickly with a bow. "I have to go." She did a 180 degree turn and then walked out of the house passing Errik along the way. She hurried home, hoping that her parents would go easy on her when she got back home.

(Kalina left))

Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:13 pm

The girl whom Jacob had given medicine, now turned and made her way out of the house. Errik pulled the hood down trying to hide his face, she brushed passed him. Errik didnt say anything or look at her when she passed him. He didnt need anyone else knowing who he was. Errik walked into the room where they had just been and sat down on a chair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brooding in the Night   Brooding in the Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brooding in the Night
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next