The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

District 5 Train

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 5 Train Left_bar_bleue150/150District 5 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 am

District 5 Train Tumblr_mbsum7bktU1qfhb1ho2_500
District 5 Train Rheanamebanner
---District 5 Mentor---Female---18---

Rhea sat in her room waiting for the two tributes to make there way from saying goodbye to their families for at least one or both of their families for the last time. Every year it got easier though for her at least, but it was never easy when she knew the person chosen. This year was that way as the female who was chosen was Evie once again and her friend Solstice volunteered to take her place. Though Rhea hadn't ever talked to Solstice much they had met on occasion, namely the day she came home and found her pantless with her brother. But now Rhea was charged with helping the girl in anyway she could in the games, and in a sense she knew exactly what she was going through. Only a short few years ago Rhea was in this same position. Lost in her own thoughts as she sat on the couch in the train she was brought back to reality when she heard the door open and saw as the familiar figure of Solstice Vernon stepped in. Rhea gave the girl a warm smile, "Hello Solstice. You might as well sit, it will be a bit until we get to the Capitol." Rhea motioned towards an open chair trying to be as hospitable as possible.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 5 Train Left_bar_bleue150/150District 5 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 1:52 pm

District 5 Train Tumblr_mg6eq1CjPv1qehsoxo2_500
Solstice Vernon
---Female---17---District 5---

Solstice had been going over everything that had happened at the reapings in her head. She was standing at the reapings, not able to stand next to her best friend Evie, her friend who was practically her sister. Evie was the little sister she never had and when Evie's name was called out again for the second time it had bothered Solstice. Evie was just so innocent and naive sometimes and Evie meant everything to her, and to have Evie being taken away was the worst thing she could think of. Solstice didn't know what she had been doing in that time but it felt like time was slowed down when Evie started to walk up there but Solstice had ran out into the crowd screaming for Evie and in a desperate way she called out she had volunteered. Then there was no way of getting out, there was no way back out and those words determined everything. The sad thing she hadn't been able to save Roe either, it meant a lot more than her than her or anyone else really knew but thankfully someone volunteered for him as well and she didn't have to feel the need to protect him and she didn't have to go in knowing one of them would have died, having him not be in the games with her was a good thing. Soon enough she had her goodbyes and she didn't care about looking strong like others, she cried in her mom's arms, not because she knew she was going to die but leaving her mother alone. Their father already parted with them and Solstice was the only one left. Now she was leaving but she cleared up her tears when she said goodbye to friends, past boys she had flings with but the only other two goodbyes that mattered were Evie and Roe. Roe was awkward and didn't say much but Solstice had a few words she spoke to him, telling him to watch over Evie, she didn't tell Roe much else besides the fact that he's the only one she told she's probably not coming home, and that wasn't a bait to be told she was, she wasn't going to push herself to win, she was going into those games to be herself and stay herself she wasn't going to fight to win to come back changed, she couldn't do that to Evie, or the people she cared about. She was going in being herself and going out being herself.

The goodbye with Evie was heart wrenching, Solstice told Evie everything she hadn't her secrets, her hopes, her dreams, and all her experiences, she just couldn't leave them unsaid and Evie was the person she was telling them to. Evie only held the small fact that Solstice did have dreams of being with one guy for a long time and she did have hopes she'd find someone who cared, she also had hopes that Evie would go far in her life and that this was the last time she'd be reaped. One could only hope. She had hugged Evie for a long time but soon she had to part with her friend.

Now Solstice stood in the door way of the train, not sure what she was doing here, why she had done it, or if anyone would care if she even died, or would they just all pretend they cared? Solstice walked into the compartment and then saw her mentor sitting down. Rhea. She won the games a few years back, she was the twin sister of Roe. Also the sister who walked in on Solstice talking to Roe while she had no pants on. It wasn't like Solstice had expected that whole night to turn into something "worse" in the eyes of others. Roe was different in a way, a good different, she wouldn't have done those kinds of things to Roe, if that even makes sense. It was still an awkward moment, and which made now a bit more akward, but it had been a few years since that day, it was in the past.

Solstice grabbed a bottle of water and then listened to the words of Rhea and came to sit down, Rhea knew what it was like to sit here, but Rhea didn't know how it felt to sit here and know you have engraved your death in stone, that you planned to die from the start, she wasn't going to go right away but she wasn't going to try to win.
"Hello, Rhea." She said softly. "Nice to see you again." She said being polite for once, respect was a valuable thing.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:49 pm

District 5 Train Tumblr_lkg8hyvKgQ1qaiasao1_500

Rhea tilted herself forward in her chair as Solstice sat down. "It is nice to see you again as well, though I wish that these were not the circumstances that caused our reunion." She kept herself positioned forwards as she crossed one of her legs over the other and rested her elbows on the leg that now laid vertical across her lap. "That was a very brave thing you did Solstice, not many would risk their life for someone else. Especially with such low odds that you will make it out alive. I know what that is like and while I may not understand everything you may be going through I am here to try and understand and help you." Rhea waited for a moment, just to let the words sink in before she continued. "I guess the first thing is to ask if you want to ask me anything before we get too far? It is my job to answer any questions you may have. Also..." Rhea turned her head towards one of the Avoxes that were standing near them, "Please if you could give us a moment alone. I will call you if we need anything. Thank you." The girl nodded her head and disappeared with her companions down the train corridor leaving both Rhea and Solstice alone now. Rhea sighed and leaned back into the chair, the air of seriousness that she had put on was now gone as she relaxed. "Sorry, being around them makes me feel like people are watching me or something and like I have to actually be serious and uptight." Rhea chuckled a little. "So where were we? Oh right, questions. So Solstice is there anything you want to ask me or anything you want me to explain to you?" Rhea waited for the response hoping that Solstice wouldn't feel awkward or anything around her.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm

District 5 Train Tumblr_merfgb2ZA41r1yvn8
Solstice Vernon
---Female---17---District 5---

Soon enough Rhea was talking quite a bit as she started to crack down into business. Solstice continued to listen to her but yet she seemed distanced from everything that was going on. Eventually the avox left and Rhea became less business like, maybe Rhea wasn't that bad, she never knew her before really, and it wasn't the ideal place to reunite and meet someone again. "Not many people would do it because they're cowards and selfish." She mumbled softly. "Evie couldn't have gone into the games, she's too innocent to be here, the games are a dark place, and I just hope this is the last time she's reaped." Solstice says quietly and then looks at the table and shortly after brings the bottle of water to her lips and tips the bottle back, taking a drink of water. There was the topic if she had any questions and really Solstice didn't have much on it, she was sitting there thinking for a bit and then looked up at Rhea, "I don't have any questions." She said firmly. The awkwardness was long gone by now, it was just a matter of what to say or anything of the such. "I don't have much of a plan but, I do know that I plan to be a lone wolf and I don't plan to win." Solstice said still looking at Rhea, "I just thought I'd make that clear now, my objective isn't to win, it was to protect Evie, and I've done that the best I could." Solstice said and at that she was silent for a few minutes and said nothing else for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:31 pm

District 5 Train Tumblr_m2td55abDm1qaiasao1_500

Rhea just nodded. She wasn't going to argue with the girl although she felt she should try to win she understood that this was not her decision. Rhea smiled warmly as she got up from her seat and walked over to a cabinet and grabbed two glasses and filled them with ice. She then grabbed a bottle of some sort of liquor from another cabinet and filled the cup about half way and brought it towards the table. She put one cup down in front of Solstice and sat back down in her chair and took a sip. "Here, thought you might need this. Plus the least you can do is enjoy yourself right?" Rhea took another quick sip then set her cup down and leaned back. "So Solstice...how have you been?" Rhea asked genuinely interested.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

District 5 Train
Page 1 of 1