The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

District 5 Train

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 5 Train Left_bar_bleue150/150District 5 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:16 am

The luxury of the speeding train awaits the tributes...
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Male Posts : 197
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 5 Train Left_bar_bleue301/301District 5 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (301/301)
Character Name:: Lyre Kovak
Alliance:: None

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Marcelina was always familiar with how much of a life of luxury the Capitol citizens lived, though she never expected to get a taste of it herself, even if it would be for the last few days of her life.
she suspected that this was the tip of the iceberg; as this wasn't even The Capitol. everything was fancy though...

"I wonder if their names are this fancy." she mused, not really taking a direction with her walk; just ambling along "maybe The Capitol has a name... like, like... Big Huge Nice Capitol City."

she paused. "hell the kind of irony that would be. all this just to kill a handful of kids... some people really have too much time on their hands."
she was obviously still a bit bitter by knowing that she was going to probably die, but it didn't stop her from making a few witty quips as was customary for her.

soon enough, she decided to sit down and wait for someone to show up; she wasn't sure where her male counterpart had gone, or where her mentor(s?) were. all she knew was that it was a long way to the top... of the Capitol, in this case.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 5 Train Left_bar_bleue150/150District 5 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:01 pm

District 5 Train Tumblr_m2td55abDm1qaiasao1_500
District 5 Train Rheanamebanner
---District 5 Mentor---Female---17---

Rhea was in her designated room, just putting the silver chain around her neck that it seemed she was now known for wearing. These trains had become a familiar image for her, coming and going from the Capitol to the districts in the victor's tour made them almost like a second, very fast moving home. She sighed and looked at herself in the mirror, giving herself a little pep talk before facing the tributes that were put under her care. "Ok, Rhea...you can do this. You won the last games, and you can give these new tributes some advice. You promised Chase you would...even if they may..." Rhea didn't even want to think about them dying, though she knew there was a good chance that they might. Was this what it meant to be a mentor? Year after year, helping out 2 kids and then have to watch them die on screen? She didn't know if she could do this, but she had to pretend that she could for them. She straightened herself up and walked out of her cabin.

Rhea could see the female tribute, she couldn't remember her name but she knew it was something that started with an 'M' and the male tribute hadn't appeared yet. She went over and grabbed a crystal glass from a cabinet and filled it with some cranberry juice that she had requested be on the train. After visiting the Capitol, it had become her new favorite beverage, and she wasn't one for wines but the darker color tricked others into thinking that she was. It was always good to try and appeal to those in the Capitol, especially those you hope will sponsor your tributes. She walked over to the girl and looked straight at her as she took a sip from her glass. "Hello, as you may know I am Rhea Glass. Victor of the 28th hunger games and more importantly your mentor. I'm sorry I don't know your name, I didn't attend the Reapings." She held out her hand for the girl to shake.

Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Male Posts : 607
Birthday : 1999-02-10

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name:: Sagittaria Silverhand

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Henry Gale

District 5 Train Jesse104

Henry had just finished his final goodbyes. the last one to visit him was Ricardo. He walked onto the train without hesitation, he had his hands in his pockets as he walked up to the two that he saw, not including the avox standing idly in the corner. There was of course Marcelina, she was talking to last year's game winner. he remembered seeing her face on a staticy tv at the others hideout. before approaching the two he grabbed a small square shaped thing. what was it called, cake? henry proceeded to finish it as he walked up to the two girls, already exchanging small talk. he sat down on a couch that was next to the chair rhea was sitting in.

"My name is Henry." Henry uttered as he decided to lay down and prop his legs up on the arm of the couch. he looked at his mentor with a even expression. he never shows his emotions to anybody. especially not strangers. "Nice kills in the last game." says henry, staring up at the ceiling. he liked the fact that rhea had the ability to kill, he respected her. he would never show it though.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 5 Train Left_bar_bleue301/301District 5 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (301/301)

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Marcelina decided that now as as good as ever to kick back and get comfortable. she grabbed the nearest food and drink from the table, and flopped back into a chair, bringing one hand to her mouth. whatever she was eating tasted good, and whatever she had just taken a swig of wasn't half bad. she wasn't really paying attention, mostly because she was focusing on the girl who was now in front of her, who couldn't be more than a year or two older than her.

"Marcelina." she replied, "Mar, Marci, take your pick."
she leaned back. "so I'm all ears. any advice you'd like to share?"
she wasn't intending to be rude; she was just short and to-the-point. her words were sincere, even if there wasn't much variation in her tone of voice.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:08 am

District 5 Train Tumblr_m1tqps08i01ql6owv

Rhea looked over to Henry, "Yea, well only one of those people deserved to die. But you have to do what you have to do in order to win. And that brings me to my first piece of advice. Take any thoughts you have against killing someone and get rid of them. Unfortunately you will have to kill at least one person in order to go home, but in the words of my mentor, 'its either kill or be killed.' And sometimes you only get one chance to make that judgement. So think quickly because they might just come after you before you decide its a good idea to kill them." She took another sip from her glass and leaned up against a side table. Rhea still hadn't gotten used to the softness of the couches, the sinking feeling that is gave her as it threatened to engulf her. She looked back up, trying to think of more useful advice from her own experience in the arena. "Also, try not to die. Let your survival instinct kick in and work with it. I found that following my gut and my first instinct was the most useful thing that I could do. Try not to think strategy unless you are a mastermind and smarter than the others, just act. This isn't a game of chess its a battle royale, and you don't have a lot of time to plan out what the others may do." Rhea looked to her two tributes with a seriousness in her eyes. "Now, do we want to discuss plans together or separately? Plus, I heard you volunteered." She looked straight at Henry, "Why? I need to know if there is something I can use as an angle to sell you to the Capitol. Because honestly from the looks of both of you...I will need to work to sell you to the sponsors." Rhea hadn't tried to seem mean, but from her first impressions it seemed like these two tributes were not very charismatic.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:57 am

"I frankly don't care if we do it together or separately." she shrugged. as she did with everything, she was going to take this girl's words with a grain of salt; she wasn't about to blindly accept everything Rhea said as fact either. "killing people; worrying about death, or the deaths of others... shouldn't be an issue ether."

her family was used to it, and so at this point it didn't faze her. she was ready to kill; win; live by any means necessary. everyone else... would have to die by any means necessary.

"I suppose that's my biggest question." she piped up after the speech, "what sort of things sell to the capitol citizens... if it's that important, I s'pose I should start whittling down my options?"
frankly, it seemed that this victor didn't exactly approve of her style, but she wasn't here to gain approval. she wasn't about to make an enemy either if she didn't have to, but she was going to take her mother's old advice about not worrying what others thought. she was here to play their game and get out.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:18 am

District 5 Train Tumblr_m4lzlsdmf61qbjvfco2_250

Rhea nodded as the girl talked, "Good, because I wasn't ready to kill when I went in, and still haven't gotten used to the idea that I have ended someone's life." She could still see the faces of the people she killed, Willow, Skye, and even Heppa as well as the other people that she had shared her days with. She had only been able to catch a few hours of uninterrupted sleep since coming back, not sure if it was from the nightmares or maybe just that she had gotten so used to it in the arena. "But as for the Capitol and sponsors, you need something that will make you stand out. Give them a reason to root for you, a reason that they want to see you win. Whatever it is, take it and use it to your advantage. A lot of sponsors look for what they call 'star power' and it can be anything from being charming in the interviews to good scores in training or giving a great performance in the arena. Being forgotten and lost in the crowd can be a death sentence, especially if you need something desperately; like medicine for a wound, or a weapon to defend yourself. But on that end I can help you. I may not be able to tell you how to kill, but I can tell you how to survive." Rhea couldn't help but feel proud of herself in that moment, she sounded so philosophical and wise. She crossed her arms and readjusted herself against the table, it had gotten quite uncomfortable, but she refused to sit in those chairs. It was like they smothered her and she didn't like that feeling of being trapped. "But luckily you have your stylist to help you make an impression, just listen to what they say, wear the outfits and put on a smile. First impressions mean a great deal during those first few days, the audience only gets to see little bits of you. The chariot rides, the interviews and your training score is all they get to go by, so try and make them remember you. Now what do you want to cover next? Training center, private sessions or just skip right to entering the arena?" Rhea asked to both of them.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:32 am

Marcelina listened attentively. dying wasn't exactly something she hoped to do, even though she knew that her odds would likely be slim. so that was it? sucking up to the Capitol? playing their little game...

well, it made sense when she thought about it. To the Capitol, these were games. To any others, it was probably more elike... Hunger but Actually Death Tournament "Games"... to Marcelina Kovac of District 5, they were The Death Tournaments where people died.
well, that stunk, now that she thought about it. but... oping and groping about it was not going to get her anywhere. what she needed was to stick to her mantra. "any means necessary". she was willing to do anything, even if it meant dancing naked under the moonlight. she suddenly wanted to know as much as possible, and wanted to know it now.

if you want my opinion, I'd love to hear the walkthrough in the order things happen." She replied, "I want to know anything and everything you're willing to share."
a little brown-nosing couldn't hurt too much. she was being honest though. expressing herself was always difficult for her, and so she was not sure how her mentor would take it. hopefully she'd understand that all Marcelina wanted was to learn of what was in store for her in what could very well be the final weeks of her life.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:15 pm

District 5 Train Tumblr_ll5u3d2dWs1qaiasao1_500

"I didn't really ask for your opinion, I was asking for what you wanted...but I guess I will just give you both an entire timeline. From there you can determine what works best for you. Because honestly you guys aren't me, and you guys can't be me." Rhea finished off her glass of juice and went to pour another glass. She spoke as she did so, "In the training center I learned everything I could, I wasn't skilled with a weapon. Hell I had never used one in my entire life before. I made sure to learn new things and only spend a little time at the booths I did know which was medicine, plants, and agility. Just take in everything you can, you don't know what the arena will be and you don't know what will end up saving your life in the end. Let the Gamemakers see what you can do and what you know, they will provide you with the things you need in the arena. Now private sessions I can't help you with yet because I don't know your skill set. But just go in there and do something that you know you can do well." She finished pouring her glass and turned back to the tributes, now moving to a chair by the ornately decorated table. "Quite honestly the scores you get don't always mean you will live or die. I only got a 6 for my training score and the boy I beat got a 9, which is very good. So don't stress on getting a higher score, just do your best with what you've got." She paused for a moment to take a sip and looked up to Henry and Marcelina. "So any questions so far?" Rhea was honestly hoping one of them had a question or would just speak up, she was quite sick of hearing herself talk at this point. These two seemed to be very serious and to the point.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:21 am

Marcelina shrugged. she had called it her opinion in case Henry had something else in mind, but, at the same time, she got what she wanted, so... why complain?

she quietly calculated everything she heard. training scores didn't matter; learning new things would probably be beneficial; there was no real telling who would win.

"so my skillset aside," she remarked after Rhea had left the conversation open for questions, "how did *you* win?"
most of it seemed pretty simple, especially because to Marcelina, it all boiled down to "kill or be killed; win by any means necessary". this was more of a curious question.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:35 am

District 5 Train Tumblr_m4n3ekCfVv1qbjvfco3_250

Rhea looked down for a moment before responding. She really wasn't sure how to answer that question because in all honesty she really wasn't sure how she won. She looked back up to Marcelina, "I did what I had to to survive. And a lot of luck. I was in the right position at the right time. I happened to have no one attacking me at the end and let the two boys that were left battle it out until the other one remained and I finished him off. There were also some mutts attacking all of us as well and I just tried blocking their attacks and went after Skye until all that was left was that one final hit." She looked away for a moment, it was hard talking about this as if it was nothing. People died at her hands and here she was almost bragging about it. She grabbed a pastry and took a bite, trying to take her mind off of the depressing thoughts in her mind. "Just don't let yourself be on the short end of the stick, play dirty if you have to. Take things from people, throw away a few weapons if you have to. And if you think you can make it, try to go to the Cornucopia and get some supplies. Otherwise the Careers will take them all and leave you with nothing, and trust me. You don't want to have to rely solely on the environment for food and drink, the Gamemakers have lots of tricks up their sleeves." Rhea could only think back to the drugged water experience she had lived through and that she witnessed Skye partake in before he died. She couldn't watch anything like that happen again.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:01 am

Marcelina nodded, taking this in as she had taken the rest of it in.
"I know I'm not exactly a woman of eloquence..." she confessed, "but... thanks."
it wasn't like her mentor's words had secured her safety, but then again, she gave a simple expression of gratitude for what had been given her; she was sincere about it. she just didn't have much else to say about it. besides, these trains were so fast that they were probably almost there by now. District 5 wasn't as far from the Capitol as some of the other districts, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:18 am

District 5 Train Tumblr_m5k4a5moi31rtpxfko1_500

Rhea nodded to Marcelina, trying to be a supportive as possible but unsure if she was actually helping at all. "Don't thank me yet, you can do that when you come back." She straightened herself up into her chair and continued eating her pastry. It was quite good, the Capitol never failed to amaze her when it came to the food they served up. No wonder most people in the Capitol were fat, if I got to eat this food for every meal of every day I would be too she thought to herself. Rhea looked back over to the girl she had just been talking to, "why don't you sit down and relax some. We will be in the Capitol soon and when we get there you won't get much time to relax. Oh and don't be alarmed by the appearance of some of the citizens, you just get used to it after awhile." Rhea smiled warmly, trying to be as warm and friendly as she possibly could to the tributes put under her care.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:34 am

Marcelina nodded. "fair enough," she actually cracked a smile. "still... it's good to know that someone hopes I'll come out of this alive."

she nodded at Rhea's second piece of advice. "noted. thanks." she nodded, and then started to survey the lavish food around her. if she was going to die, she wanted to at least get a decent last few days in. she helped herself to some more food, and relaxed, letting the rest of the time pass as they sped towards The Capitol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

District 5 Train
Page 1 of 1