The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A walk outside would be nice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
A walk outside would be nice Left_bar_bleue150/150A walk outside would be nice Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

A walk outside would be nice Empty
PostSubject: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:47 am

A walk outside would be nice Tumblr_m2hihm6FVA1rptszgo1_500

Solange stepped into The Nut to see it half alive. Most people were probably home watching the Games. Everyone's all going about how Heppa practically came up from the 'dead' and Solange couldn't really be bothered with the Games. The more she watch, the worse she felt so Solange decided to get out of the house to get some air and probably get some groceries done. Jaden practically snacked off everything in the house and she better restock some edible things in the house. He and their father had been watching the Games, and they moped for a day when the whole of Panem thought that they lost the District 2 girl before she came back up on her feet again. If the two weren't at work, they'd be at home watching. Solange hugged her notebook and sighed, walking around looking for good bargains. It was a great time since The Nut wasn't as bustling as it usually would be. She looked around at the fruits and bumped into someone as she was heading towards the fruit merchant. She looked towards the figure and smiled apologetically.
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

Male Posts : 15
Birthday : 1996-10-06

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Volke almost dropped his bag when the girl bumped into her, and he had to shoot out his hand to catch a falling apple that was in his hand. "Sorry" he said. "Seems odd to see another person out when the games are on. Especially since this one seems so popular" He practically spat out those last words, before turning back to the stand, still keeping that girl in the corner of his eye.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
A walk outside would be nice Left_bar_bleue150/150A walk outside would be nice Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:30 am

A walk outside would be nice Tumblr_lzfwj52I7P1qdlr3so2_250

Solange smiled awkwardly to him and scribbled something down on her notebook, lifting it up for him to see as she admits,

I'm not the biggest fan of the Games..

Solange realised how weird she must've sounded to say that since she's from district 2. Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned that.. She pulled her notebook back to her and turned to the stall. She looked towards the familiar merchant and her face lit up, greeting him. She picked a few apples and oranges before pulling out some money and paid for the fruits. She glanced towards the guy beside her and wrote something down again,

So what about you? what are you doing here?
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:50 am

"A guy's gotta eat right? Anyways, I know how you feel. I have no idea why these people could celebrate watching their neighbors die. Watching their friends die..." Volke said, his voice trailing off. "Anyways" He continued, moving to the other side of her to get a better look at the book. "What's with that notebook you're carrying?" Trying to peek over her shoulder to it.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 11:51 am

A walk outside would be nice Tumblr_m58gq0sH3s1rqkf12

Solange grinned, thinking about how the guys in her family just had to eat too. She then nodded in reply to him, agreeing and glad that someone understood. She never really trained for the Games, neither did she want to be part of it, and most of the careers here would mock her over that. Sometimes, she wished that she was from another district that wasn't crazy over the Games. The merchant handed Solange her change and she smiled gratefully to him before keeping everything in her bag. As they began to divert away from the fruit merchant, the guy asked about her notebook, a typical question everyone would ask and she flipped a few pages of her notebook just for his curiosity before flipping it to the front to show him an answer that she had given to many others over and over again,

I'm not much of a talker and I don't really like to talk. So I use this to communicate.

Solange gave him a weak smile, hoping that he'd understand. It wasn't entirely true but it was the standard answer people usually accept and leave it as that. She then flipped to another page to introduce herself,

I'm Solange, nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:21 pm

"I'm Volke. Nice to meet you too." He responded. "I'm not much of a talker either, but I never really got around to finding another way." He looked at the book and saw that it was rather big, and probably almost full. "There's gotta be a faster way to talk isn't there?" Volke had no problems with people finding other ways of communication - He almost went without talking people forever when he was younger, from all the sadness. He just wondered how a system like that could possibly work.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:49 am

Solange shrugged, she's been so used to this way of communication that it felt almost natural to her. It would be a little inconvenient at times but she felt at ease the most doing this. Sometimes, just hearing her talk would be a form of torture to remind her of her horrible mistake in the past. She scribbled down and lifted the book again,

I doubt that there's any other faster way. Besides, I'm a fast writer.

Solange grinned and dropped her arms down, heading towards the bread merchant. She really was a fast writer, faster than an average person, in order to keep up with conversations sometimes. It was kind of useless but it was her small little talent. Her house was literally empty, no food at all. So she was taking advantage of the lack of people here and stock up on more food, picking out a few loafs of bread. She glanced up to Volke to see if he was getting any as well.
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 am

On the one hand, Volke wanted to find out more about this girl, but on the other, he had no idea what to say to her. He decided to walk over to the bread stand and look around. "I guess that makes it hard to make friends around here. All of the people I know from this place either want to kill someone because they can, or talk way too much to pay attention to loners." He said, trying to see how much he could learn about her. He really wasn't the kind to make friends, especially ones he might face in the games eventually, but he couldn't help feeling just a little more open talking to the first person he met, since he started leaving the house more at least, that didn't want to cut him into small pieces.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:05 am

Solange laughed at how true that was. District 2 wasn't a very warm and happy place but on second thought, where would be? Other than the Capitol oblivious of them all. She felt that the nicest people were probably the merchants.

I try to stay clear of their way so that I don't become their next target. Well, it's quite easy since I don't usually train.

If she felt like playing around with the weapons she'd just go around back of her house to do so, picking off her dad's secret stash. But Solange disliked going to wherever others trained hardcore. Suddenly, she felt curious about what goes around there and decided to ask,

Volke, do you train like the others as well?
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:26 am

"Yeah, I've trained with weapons for a while, but I trained alone for awhile, and before that I used to train with my only friend. I've only been going to the training center recently." Volke explained. He normally preferred to avoid the crowds of people training, but over the past week he's felt himself drawn there more often. And both times he's been there so far he'd almost started serious fights.

"Every time I go there I'm reminded why I prefer to be alone, but whenever I leave I want to go back to see what happens next. I doubt I'll be able to leave that place alone for long."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:32 am

A walk outside would be nice Tumblr_m58gthpDgu1rqkf12

Well that seems like an interesting place. Maybe I'll go take a peek there someday!

Solange chuckled, and paid for the loafs of bread she took. Even though she didn't want to train there at all, but it always arises her curiosity. She could only imagine a place full of weapons and tensed air while everyone had determined, deadly death glares. Those kinds that if looks could kill, people would've withered there and then. Solange shook that thought out of her mind and let her mind wander towards the Games.

Heppa isn't doing very well.. is she?

She looked to the side as she lifted her notebook again. She kinda felt bad for Heppa, the last time she saw her before coming out of the house was when she was being attacked by three other tributes. She didn't know what would have happened to her after that. Even though she probably caused the tributes to not like her really but Solange still felt bad. Everyone was just trying to go back home.
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:55 am

"I'm not sure. I never really watch the games, I barely even know who's been reaped." Volke said. He never wanted to watch the games because it always seemed to him that the people who died were the ones who wanted to go home, and they people who won wanted to be there and enjoyed the killing. Besides, the last time he watched the games, Flint died. "The last time I really watched the game, my friend was competing."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 am

A walk outside would be nice Tumblr_m58gw6CjyH1rqkf12
Oh.. I'm sorry...

Now Solange kinda regretted bringing about the Games. It's never fun seeing someone you know up there probably getting themselves killed. And it's worse being remembered of it. She noticed people coming around all showing signs of anger or sorrow. ..Did Heppa die? Probably. Unless it was another trick by the Gamemasters but she doubt so. She wrote down something before gathering her things. The crowd would probably be back soon and Solange got enough food for the next few days.

Looks like the 28th Games are over for District 2.
Wanna get out of here? People would be flooding the place soon.

She never really liked big crowds, they always seem to overwhelm her for a little while, so she was ready to leave the nut and probably head somewhere else.

((ooc: Sorry for late post! been busy with exams and stuff xD))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A walk outside would be nice   A walk outside would be nice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A walk outside would be nice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 2 :: The Nut-
Jump to: