The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Summit Family Household/Farm

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 2:19 am

I had ignored most of what Maya said seeing as my brain was getting so jumbled up and occupied with pain and feeling like it was spinning that I was determined to get to the house and sit down in the kitchen and maybe get an icepack for my head and maybe a glass of milk or something. As I reached the door I opened it and walked inside and then realized I left my shoes by the fence but I wasn't going back to get them now. I walked into my house and then up to the table and sat down for a few moments resting and I made a hand gesture as if to let her know she could sit down. "I'm fine, If I look that bad my dad will come in and rush me to medical aid." I said rolling my eyes. I knew that if I closed them I would be in trouble so if they ordered me to bed rest it wasn't happening. "We left our shoes back at the fence." I told her rubbing my head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Maya sat down on the floor, nervously picking at her fingernails. "Are you sure you're okay? You could've... I don't know.... broken something," she fretted, but shut up after that. She didn't want to bother Estrella when she was injured. She sat quietly for a while, but at the mention of their forgotten shoes, Maya's eyes widened. "SHOES! You're right. Do you want me to run back and get them?"

(OOC: Do people in Panem know what a concussion is? I was going to write that Maya though Estrella could have a concussion, but I don't know if I should...)
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 5:23 pm

(OOC: I think they do, I am pretty sure either Katniss or Finnick had one in the start of Mockingjay)

I sat there and all I could do was stare at the table and get tangled in the mess of webs that seemed to be my thoughts. I must have been like this for awhile because Maya's words just registered into my head and I snapped my head back up to see Maya. "You can go back and get them if you want, it's not much of a concern, who's going to steal our shoes anyway." I said not asking but simply stating something. I then wish we had snow but nope, no snow to be seen and probably not for a long time. "I didn't break anything, I most likely bruised my butt and the worse my head is no where near broken." I said still refusing to close my eyes.
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

Male Posts : 181
Birthday : 1998-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:19 pm

I knock on Estrella's window waving a pair of sneakers. I was riding home from a fight, when I spotted a pair of shoes I knew to be Estella's. My fights took place at-least once a month. I tended to tick people off. The worst I would have was a black eye this time, which was a good thing. I was definitely sore, but what'd you expect? I took someone on in a fist fight. "Do you want these back?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:33 pm

(OOC: Yeah, that sounds vaguely familiar... thanks! Smile)

Maya tilted her head. "Are you all disoriented and stuff? Maybe you have a concussion. Don't people get that from hitting their heads? Or is that... wait, no... nevermind. I don't know. I guess... I'm going to go get our shoes. You sit down here and relax," Maya stated, firm in her decision that Estrella needed rest. "If there's a really cold rock or something I'll bring it back to put on your head, okay?" she said, and smiled, but her eyes looked kind of sad. Nobody wanted their friend to be in pain. Maya got to her feet, stretched, and skipped out of the house, unable to do anything else but worry that somehow Estrella would die before she got back, even though her rational mind told her that was unlikely.

When she got to the fence, Maya couldn't find their shoes. Eventually, she spotted her own at the top of the fence where she had forgotten them, but didn't know where Estrella's could be! Expecting to find the other pair of shoes somewhere up there, Maya climbed it, carefully as possible, and threw the shoes down when she could reach them. She still couldnt see Estrella's shoes. As she stepped onto the ground, she grabbed her own pair and searched a while for the others. After five minutes of finding nothing, however, Maya gave up. She had been cradling her shoes in her arms, but she shoved them on and hurried back to Estrella's house. Maya stopped on the way to pick up a rock. Who knew when it could come in handy?

"I'm back, but I couldn't find your shoes!" she called with a frown.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 pm

Maya worried way too much about me and I knew it. Finally when she decided to go get our shoes I nodded and just let her go. "Take your time going, but hurry back." I said with a slight smirk on my face. I had always joked around with people and I found some entertainment in it. After a little while someone was knocking on my window. I was a little shocked at first but then I realized that it was Nate. A smile placed across my face as I saw him and he was holding up my shoes. I laughed slightly as he was waving them by the window. "Of course I want my shoes." I said grinning. "You do know you can just walk in through the door, right?" I ask laughing slightly and honestly my head still hurts a lot but why make more people worry? Next thing I knew Maya came back in. When she was actually in the kitchen again with me I smiled. "No need, Nate found my shoes." I told her. "Did you find a rock?" I ask curiously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 12:11 am

When Estrella said Nate had found her shoes, Maya relaxed. "Oh, cool. Hi Nate," she said with a slight wave in his direction. But it was Estrella's inquiry about rocks that really cheered her up. "Ooh! I forgot! Yeah, I found a great one. It should work as a cooling-down thingee." She happily removed the smooth grey stone from her pocket and handed it to Estrella. "So, feeling any better? Did I miss anything other than your shoes turning up, courtesy of him, or course, while I was gone?" At the word 'him,' she pointed to Nate, but didn't really pay him that much attention otherwise. Maya was concentrated on the injury.
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:14 am

I walk through the door, slightly worried about my friend. I could tell she was hurt, but I thought it was just a headache until Maya showed up with a rock to cool down. "What happened?" I ask inquisitively. There were a number of things that she could've done, and I didn't like those ideas. "Are you alright?" My worry had become actually concern. I couldn't remember I saw Estrella like this.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Maya kept worrying about my injury and I sighed. No one would leave me alone about this and I would snap at her but one she was my friend and two I wasn't up for anything like that it just took more energy I had very little of. I took the rock and felt how cold it was and a small smile placed on my face as I gave her a slight nod in thanks. "No, you didn't miss much, Maya." I said and that was when Nate was inside the house now. Now Maya had him worry and I groaned smacking my face on the table. It hurt a lot but it did express my slight annoyance with all the worrying. I huffed before raising my head again. "I just fell off the fence playing fence-tag and hit my butt as well as the back of my head, it's no big deal. I'm fine." I said sighing. "Maya just worries to much." I said frowning and crossing my arms. "So, have you gotten into any fights lately?" I ask Nate with a grin on my face in hopes of changing the subject.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Maya shrugged and strolled into the house, keeping her mouth shut about the fact that she had obsessed over Estrella's injury too much. She sat down on the floor and waited for Nate to respond to her friend's question, which reminded her of rocks, specifically when the aforementioned rocks were being thrown at people. (i.e. during a fight.) She smiled, hoping she'd get to chuck a rock at someone later today. it sounded entertaining, as long as nobody got hurt and she didn't miss.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:45 pm

(I'd post but I was kinda waiting on Libowy)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:00 am

(Yeah, I know... there isn't much to say. You asked him a question, so... yeah. It's fine.)
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:06 pm

(lol I am so sorry. I went on vacation.)

I smirk as the inevitable question was asked. "Only a few," I reply my grin growing larger by the moment. Pretty much everyone knew me as the bellicose kid with countless dads, didn't they? Personally I liked it that way. The more fights I got into, the more intimidating I seemed, and the more intimidating I appeared, the less likely people were to insult me. "What have you two been up to?" I ask tying Crimson's reigns to the door knob. I knew if I didn't do it soon, she'd get away. What really shocked me was I didn't do it sooner.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:15 pm

I grinned as Nate told me indeed he was in a few fights, typical for Nate. "What, did you lose all three?" She asked jokingly and laughed a bit. I wasn't much of one for fighting but if I had to, I would. "You're going to get hurt, you know or worse the peacekeepers might step in and they just might decide to give you the good ol' whip." I say making a motion that was whip like. When he asked what Maya and I had been up to I grinned, "Oh, you know! The usual...Walking on the fence and falling off it later on, yea, it was a beauty." I say still grinning. "Now we're just hanging out here in my lovely kitchen."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:50 pm

(it's fine, no harm done. Smile)

As Nate talked about fighting, Maya listened more closely. It was a topic she enjoyed hearing about, especially if the throwing of rocks was involved. She blew a strand of hair out of her face absent-mindedly and said nothing. At Estrella's mention of whipping, however, she frowned slightly, not wanting to be reminded of Peacekeepers because they reminded her of her mother: unreasonable and prone to overreacting.

After a moment, though, Maya smiled at Estrella's mention of their fence incident. She decided to speak just for the sake of not being silent

"You do have quite a lovely kitchen, Ella. I would say you missed the part about the shoes, but I take it Nate already knew that bit, having had to bring them back." She paused and glanced over at him before continuing. "That reminds me, we never did actually decipher who won the game of fence tag, did we? What are the rules regarding injury?" she asked to no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:44 am

I shake my head in disbelief that even the peacekeepers could give me anything worse then what John did. "And you complained about me and Maya worrying about you," I say with a smile. I would give Estrella and Maya the usual run-down of how my fights start, the same way I do with the mayor, but I didn't feel the need to explain myself. I had six of seven dads. I was a joke waiting to happen.. The rest is self-explanatory. Maya said something about the rules of fence tag and silently I laugh. Even at our age we still act like kids. I guess that's a good thing. If we worked all the time, we'd be worse them the peacekeepers, just because we gave into their will. A man with no freedom is hardly a man.

Last edited by libowy on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Maya pondered the rules of fence tag while Nate spoke about fighting.

If one player falls, is that their own fault or does it pause the game? Are they disqualified for not being on the fence? Or are they not held accountable for that, but the other player held accountable for not being on the fence if they go down to help them? Is the game still going on right now? i shouldn't tag her now, that's stupid. But maybe... maybe... wait, who was 'it' when she fell? Hmmm.... I think it was me, right? So then, if I was 'it,' it would have been impossible for me to win, because whoever's tagged it automatically the loser if you're playing one-on-one, right? But then, if Estrella were disqualified for falling... did we die? Or did she win because the game stopped when she fell off and she had been the only one who wasn't tagged? Unless... did I win by default? I mean, we never really set rules, so this isn't going to end up exactly right... maybe we tied? Oh, but that's not right! It just depends on the rules for injuries. I guess... maybe they're excused? But it also might not be that way because I might have tagged her if she hadn't fallen off, so it could just be seen as an unsuccessful dodging attempt....maybe...urgh, I give up! I suppose we probably tied...

She waited for Nate to finish speaking and muttered, "I think we tied..."
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 4:32 pm

I listened to Nate for a brief second and started to shake my head a little."I find it useless to worry about me. I only give you permission to worry about me if I was ever placed in the games." I say firmly and then I sigh. The rules were quite simple and I just assumed that we had the same rules every time and that they weren't supposed to change. "Maya, the rules are the same.. if someone falls off uninjured then the person still on the fence wins, if they got hurt then the game is put to an end and no one wins, helpful?" I ask smiling. They were pretty basic rules to say the least. "Don't tell my dad, he'll keep me in bed rest for days because of a minor injury." I say rolling my eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:59 pm

Maya sighed. "Fine. So I guess no one won? That works. And if you think your dad will worry, maybe he has reason to. I mean... you did fall off a fence. It might not be as bad as Nate's fight, but it still isn't that minor," she warned, patting Estrella gently on the head. She sighed, hesitating before continuing to speak.

"But I won't tell him if you don't want me to, okay? Just be careful. Oh, that reminds me, I have to go get my dogs and give them some exercise or they won't be able to get to sleep. Can I bring them over here? I don't want to give Nate the burden of making sure you don't die for too long, and otherwise I'd have to go."
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:09 pm

I laughed at Maya a bit. "You worry way too much." I said and that was when she patted my head and it was all in my best power not to wince. Luckily I didn't but then she mentioned something about getting her dogs. "You can just go and run with them, some of the farm animals around here aren't too fond of dogs. Go, have fun, I will talk to you soon." I say giving her a smile. "I wont die, I'm much too strong for that, not like anyone is going to come and hurt me with big guns here." I said jokingly and pointing to Nate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Maya shrugged, secretly upset that she hadn't won the game of fence tag, but happy she hadn't lost. "If you say so. I'll be back soon, though, don't worry. Seriously. SOON," she promised. Then, she turned to Nate. "If you're going to leave, come and tell me first so Estrella doesn't have to be left alone, okay? And if she dies while I'm gone, I'm holding you personally responsible. Well, mostly that means I'll probably just end up blaming you if she's dead. Sorry about that."

Maya skipped outside and hurried back to her house. She could hear her dogs barking in the shed, where she figured Mallow must have put them. Thank you, Mallow. she thought, relieved.

"Lacey! Blue! Hi, sweeties, I'm home! Who wants to go on a walk? I bet YOU two do, huh? Come on, come on, let's go! Run free, doggies! Release your energy!" Maya called with a smile, stroking Shoe-lace and Blueberry affectionately and opening the gate to let them bound aimlessly through the fields. She frolicked with them for a few minutes, then led them around the barn a few times before setting them loose on the sheep, which needed herding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Summit Family Household/Farm   The Summit Family Household/Farm - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Summit Family Household/Farm
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2