The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

all the lonely people - {ari&rain}

Go down 
AuthorMessage

all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Empty
PostSubject: all the lonely people - {ari&rain}   all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 1:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With her dad married again and too busy to see her, Evie thought she would go insane from lack of human contact. She didn't like to think about why she was alone. Being alone hurt less than questioning it. She had a few friends, acquaintances, but more often than not she found herself lying on her bed in her little house just staring at the ceiling. She'd gotten a job as a maid and governess for a wealthy family, and the hours she spent there were her favorite parts of the day. There were three kids, ages 3, 5, and 8, and they had more energy than Evie had previously thought possible. They reminded her of herself when she was younger. More importantly, if she was working, she was actually around other people. Otherwise she had nothing to do. She felt so purposeless, and she hated it. She wanted to do something. A lot of things had been sacrificed so she could live, things that made her cry when she started thinking about them, and she didn't even know why she was alive. She wasn't doing anything productive or helpful to the world. Evie loved her life, and still somehow woke up every day with a smile, but that didn't mean it was easy, or that the smile wasn't covering other feelings up. She talked to Solstice every night before she went to sleep, like she was praying. She told her about her day, about her life, about how she felt. She wanted to forget about everything and move on, but she couldn't leave Solstice.

On this particular day, Evie had left her job and just kept walking. She'd found herself at the bottom of an old ravine that she used to play in as a teenager and sat down. If she was going to feel lonely and useless, she might as well get some fresh air out of it. She was tired from work, having expended all her laughter and seemingly boundless positive energy with the kids. She didn't mind, though. She was just glad she could still use it at all. Evie leaned back against the side of the ravine and sighed. She never would have thought a lack of friends would be a problem when she was younger. She briefly went through a list of people in her mind for anything that could take up her time. Her cousin was probably busy, her dad was on a dinner date, and all of her friends were dead and the kids would be asleep by now. She had some friends in the upper district, but they were all closer to each other than she was to them. She didn't know how to branch out. She'd never needed to. She tilted her head to the side, frowning. She hated frowning. She briefly tried to force herself to smile, having heard that it could trick your brain into being happy, until her face hurt. Evie got to her feet and starting spinning around. She thought she saw a flash of blonde hair but assumed she was just hallucinating until she tripped on the next spin, fell to the ground, and looked up to see a frightfully familiar but older face. Evie's eyes went wide. "Hi!"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Left_bar_bleue150/150all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: all the lonely people - {ari&rain}   all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 3:34 am

Roe Glass
District Five

It was hard being an adult. At least that's what was always told to you when you were younger and waiting to grow up. And now that he was grown up, he could kind of see the point. Roe maybe thought it was just an exaggeration made up by his teachers and father to try and get him to enjoy being young and not try his hardest to grow up in the world around him. But now that he was actually here and with a job and house of his own he could kind of see their points. He was out of reaping age at least and as fortunate enough that the one time he was reaped he dodged a bullet and some poor sap decided to go in for him; that poor sap was buried somewhere in the district now, with a bundle of wildflowers left to decorate his grave. But now without his neck out on the line it seemed like his life had gotten, well, boring. Roe's days consisted of waking up, going to work, working pretty much until the bell rang and he felt like he was gonna pass out because of the hard work then sleeping. Of course he went over most nights to Rhea and Chase's place for dinner, but it was more for them then it was for him. His sister was always protective over him, even though he was the older twin, and the thought of him eating alone or at least hanging out most nights alone due to his lack of friends concerned her. After declining her invitation a few times and getting sick of her showing up on his doorstep with their leftovers, Roe reluctantly decided to just agree and has been going over ever since. The highlight of Roe's recent days though have been his walks with his niece, Terra, who was named after his late mother. He did this at the beginning to mainly give Rhea a break, especially with baby number 2 on the way.

But now here Roe was, alone at the ravine. Normally he would have the active toddler by his side, but she was sick this evening and while Rhea insisted on Roe staying he just didn't want to. He wanted to think and maybe talk to someone, but his sister wasn't exactly his first choice. It wasn't like he didn't want to confide in her like he had done when they were children, but since they have grown up he couldn't help but feel themselves distancing from each other. No; he would rather sit at the old ravine he used to hang out in as a teenager those many years ago then try to talk to her. Here he used to be separate from her, here he used to pass the time with Evie and Solstice when she was still alive and things were like they used to be. But time and deaths make people distance; they change situations and destroy plans. Roe might have tried to explore his relationship with Solstice, hell he may have even tried to take it to the next level if he had had the chance. And Evie, well he had seen her in passing but he was sure she hadn't seen him the times they had passed and he wasn't the type to yell into a crowd of people. Roe also wasn't exactly the kind of guy who would just make friends easily, so he hadn't really made friends at work or anything either. Now that he thought more on it, he realized just how sad it all sounded.

The trail that lead to the ravine was coming to an end as Roe hiked the rest of the way towards the most familiar part. If he was going to reminisce and be mopey the best place to do that should be in the place that holds the most angst filled memories of your childhood right? He could hear other sounds as he approached, it sounded sort of like footsteps, but not quite as if they weren't moving anywhere but there was definitely the sounds of shuffling and some loose rocks and pebbles being kicked along with them. Then he saw the flash of brunette hair fluttering about in the breeze created by the circles she was spinning in. A eerily familiar sight that it could only mean one thing, and one person. At least, that was all he could think of from the back of the female figure he had just run into and the trip that accompanied the end of her spinning could almost only reinforce that thought even more. Roe rushed over, because no matter if it was her or not, it would be rude of him not to help out a woman who had just fallen. Roe peered down as he reached out a hand and that was when he caught a glimpse of the all too familiar face, even though she looked a few years older then what he had remembered her, she was still the same with that long, dark hair and those wide and curious eyes looking up at him. Then that smile, a smile that he could trace back to plenty of memories in his archived history of his childhood. Evie. "So, it looks like I wasn't the only one looking to pass the time alone. You haven't changed a bit." A grin spread across his face as he reached down to her to help her up. These were just like old times already.

Words: 924 | Tags: Roe is back! Also, swear posts wont be this long lol | Credit: Ari  

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: all the lonely people - {ari&rain}   all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 5:52 am

Evie took Roe's hand and pulled herself up. "Thanks! Still a total klutz, as you can see. I guess some things never change." She wasn't exactly sure how to react. Her instinct was to be happy, but she wasn't really sure where they stood, even if he seemed to be tolerating her. She was honestly just glad to see another person, especially someone whom she'd at least once considered a friend. "Sort of the opposite, actually. It's really good to see you." Evie hadn't spoken truer words than the latter phrase in weeks. She was still for a few moments, then wrapped her arms around Roe in a quick hug. She was aware that it might be overstepping, but she hadn't really seen him in a long time and he used to be one of her best friends. Besides, she was Evie. She hugged people. It was her way. She'd lost enough of her innocence and joyful personality as it was; she was happy to feel like herself again. The kids inspired the same feeling, but it was paired with the sharp comparison of Evie's life to their youth. They were childish and wide-eyed and undamaged, whereas Evie had been forced to put up some semblance of adulthood. Roe's face was a both welcome and painful reminder of years past. She was desperate enough to ignore the pain for the time being. It was worth it. She missed him.

"Sorry for completely interrupting your alone time, then," she added. "Alone time's overrated, though. You're alone your whole life. Gotta seek out human companionship when you can, try to connect. I'm rubbish at that, though." Evie laughed and spun around once more and landed facing away from Roe and towards the open ravine. "Ravines, though. Ravines are fun! What do people do in ravines, anyway? Hang out? Play games? Join gangs? Cry? Sing?" Evie somehow felt like doing all of the things she'd listed at once. She wondered how they'd somehow spent hours here in the old days. It was a nice place and all. She liked the smooth stone walls and she liked looking up at how tall the ravine was. She just found herself at a loss for purpose, as usual. Evie turned back to Roe with a half-smile. "How've you been, Roe? How's, um, how's Rhea? Is she still with Chase?"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Left_bar_bleue150/150all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: all the lonely people - {ari&rain}   all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:16 am

Roe Glass
District Five

Roe was a little surprised to not only feel Evie's hand reach up to his and accept his help but also the quick hug that followed it. Things between them had been a little rocky these last few years, especially after Solstice's death. Maybe she had been the thread holding them together, and well Roe didn't exactly make some of the most sound decisions when it came to his feelings towards his best friend. Or could he really call her that anymore? At a time when they were much younger he called her that...but now they were distant and even the few times he had seen her around he didn't ever say anything to acknowledge her. Rhea really was the better of the twins after all, even though everyone knew it anyways but never said anything. Man, he had really royally screwed up things between them. No one was to blame but himself and his own inability to own up to his shortcomings and express himself in a better way then the way he had chosen to do so.

Roe's inward attention was broken as Evie's voice broke through in the middle of her sentence and rhetorical question about what people do in ravines. She really hadn't changed that much, it seemed like she was just a more mature looking 15 year old still, questioning and curious about the things around her. Very much like the girl he remembered telling Rhea about all those years ago. But things have changed, people change; especially after 5 or so years. Or was it longer? Gosh now that he tried to think on it he couldn't really remember how many years ago it had been since that day back in the field behind his house, telling Rhea what was at the time his biggest secret. Man, what was with all the reminiscing all the sudden?

Roe noticed in the next few moments which felt like nothing to him but probably was more obvious to his current speaking partner, that he had left a question unanswered. Rhea again, always Rhea. "Rhea's fine. She's still with Chase. I just left their place, its a little stuffy there with all the family running around now." Roe turned his face towards the open area in front of them, "I bring my niece by here sometimes. Its kind of like when we were kids playing around here. Except I'm not as fun as I was back then." He turned back towards Evie, posing a question to her now. "what are you doing out here anyways?"

Words:428  | Tags: Sorry it took me a day or two, work be cray! | Credit: Ari  

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: all the lonely people - {ari&rain}   all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 2:22 am

Evie's brain was buzzing one moment and suddenly still the next. All the family, and... "Niece?" she repeated, almost unable to believe the word. I would've known, right? she asked herself. Somebody would have told me. I would have found out. Somebody must have... "Rhea and Chase had a baby?" Evie realized that she didn't care about why she hadn't known because this was the best news she'd heard since Rhea won the Hunger Games. A huge grin spread across her face. "That's amazing! I can't believe I didn't know. I should have congratulated her. Oh my gosh, I feel terrible. I should send her a late fruit basket. Well, I probably can't afford to send her a fruit basket, but I should do something. She's still in Victor's Village, yeah?" Evie made a mental note to send something to Rhea. It was nice to know someone was happy, and that it had all worked out okay for Rhea. Evie's stomach churned thinking about what Rhea's near sacrifice for her could have meant. She frowned. "Or maybe I should just stay away. I don't know," she muttered. She set the baby at a high priority in her mind, and didn't want to do anything to jinx the poor creature. Evie was never sure whether she had good luck or bad luck, because bad things happened to her sometimes, but she always made it out unscathed. She knew, though, that above all else, Rhea and Chase deserved all the happiness in the world. So did Roe, for that matter.

"Come on, I'm sure you're lots of fun," she teased, but her smile dulled a bit at his next question. "Oh, um, I-" Evie didn't really know why she was in the ravine. It was partly for the memories, despite the bitterness they left in her, and partly for convenience. Mostly, she decided, it was for lack of anything else. "I guess I was bored," she replied, slightly puzzled as she continued to ponder the query. "Or sad, or lonely, or sentimental, or something, and it was nearby. I work in a house up there," Evie paused to point to the top of the ravine, "as a personal stripper. Just kidding, sorry, I'm a nanny. Yes, someone was idiotic enough to trust me with their children." She chuckled. "Yeah, but, I don't know, it's really great. I swear I really was joking about the stripper thing. I would make a terrible stripper. Dancing I've got down, though I haven't practiced professionally in, like, three years, but I could never do the clothes thing. Plus I'd probably fall off the pole. I'm not sure how well ballet translates to stripping, actually, but that's just me being rubbish at making jokes. Sorry." She took a slow breath to calm her pulse back down. Evie had very little idea of what she was actually saying, but it reminded her of her adolescent love for dancing and made her sort of sad. She used to be addicted to ballet when she was a child, and now the closest she got to it was standing on her toes to reach high shelves or, apparently, twirling in ravines.

what the frick is this post idek

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: all the lonely people - {ari&rain}   all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Roe couldn't help but look slightly surprised. How hadn't she known about Terra? He thought everyone had, but he really shouldn't assume things anyways. Rhea has been kind of quiet and private recently. Even for the games mentoring she hasn't had to have a huge role which made her hiatus from the limelight a little easier. But The Capitol still always insisted on just catching a glimpse. Even just a momentary one. Nevertheless though, not everyone follows the ridiculous news from the Capitol; not even Roe. The only reason he knew anything about Rhea and her life was because he was directly involved with it, ask him something about say Rafe and Astrid and he couldn't tell you how many kids they had or if they had any at all. For all he knew they could have a kid named Mogar or something.

Roe reached over and placed his arms on Evie ' s shoulders, interrupting her rambling a little bit as she came to an end of her thoughts. "Hey no need to send anything for Terra, she's 3 now so it's kind of late for a congratulatory basket anyways. Though if you wanted to send one you could, Rhea is pregnant again so it wouldn't go to waste. She'd love it if you came by, I promise." His hands felt so natural there on her shoulders but as he finished speaking he found himself more conscious of how he shouldn't have his hands on her shoulders in the first place. These weren't the old days anymore. Roe quickly removed his hands and brought them back down to the side. "So...uh...someone let's you handle there kids, huh?" Roe turned back towards the opening of the ravine, trying his best to hide the awkwardness he felt towards his own ease being around like they were young again. "Though you're pretty childlike yourself so it can't be hard to think of things to do with them. Maybe. I don't really know much about kids, even with Terra running around all the time."

Roe just moved closer to the ravine, thinking again on past events. Like all the times they used to climb down to the bottom and had their own secret meetings with the 'gang' which was really just a stupid name for a couple of kids being boneheads. Him and Chase included. "I wonder how easy it would be to climb down there now that I've lost all my shortcuts? At least I don't think I remember the easiest way down anymore."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: all the lonely people - {ari&rain}   all the lonely people - {ari&rain} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

all the lonely people - {ari&rain}
Page 1 of 1