The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Left_bar_bleue150/150Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Empty
PostSubject: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning BwTEbUx
Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_mp2r1iyxfa1r032zxo4_250

Derald stood by her house, this time.. away from the doors and windows. Less have all of them throwing things at him to chase him out. He leaned on a nearby tree, contemplating whether to go up to the door, or find her directly, or if she'll even wanna talk to him at all. But he stood there and watched the house, one room by one room drift off to sleep as the lights burned out. He sighed to himself and closed his tired eyes, before walking up to Annie's house, her room not exactly very awake either. It's been 4 days. 4 days since Dusk got sick, 4 days since they fought, 4 days since they've talked. Dusk had been getting better the last day or two, and honestly, he hasn't slept much for the past 4 days either. He usually took the night to look after his companion letting his family take over in the day. She is his responsibility, he should bite the bullet for the hard times. But now that she seemed a lot better, there had always been something else on his mind every night that he's watch Dusk sleep and toss in pain. Tonight, Tess shoved him out of the house, forcefully taking over watching Dusk for the night. She knew that that day was bothering him and she isn't his cousin for nothin'. He pulled and tightened the strap to readjust his guitar before looking up to her room by the roof. If he's here already, might as well say something. He climbed up the same tree they used to climb all the time, just to sit by the roof. Being as quiet as possible, he stepped onto the roof and looked out towards the District, it was so quiet, so peaceful, but who knows what might be happening in that alleyway or in the small house at the center. He walked to the edge where Annie's window was below him and leaned over the edge, hesitatingly knocking on it a couple of times. Derald bit his lip as he waited, knowing very well that he could be waiting out here all night. Aunt Jemima definitely didn't want him here, but who's to say that Annie would? He held himself upside down, waiting and waiting for the expected silence to end. He pulled out a piece of paper before slipping it through the gap in the window sill. I'm sorry. Can we talk? Please?

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:09 pm

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning PwQlCCb
Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_inline_mubmt8eaCU1rpl29c

Outfit

In the four days since her fight with Derald, Annie had discovered that she actually had a ton of free time. She kept trying to distract herself with chores around the farm, and had even done her siblings' work, but there always seemed to be too much time left over to think. In different circumstances, she would have appreciated all the extra time. Thinking wasn't so nice when you didn't have anything good to think about, though. The day was finally over and all Annie wanted to do was sleep. At least doing farm work all day meant she was tired enough to sleep at night, despite her racing thoughts and stressful worries. She braided her hair in a loose plait to keep it from tangling overnight, changed into a tank top and shorts, and sat on her bed for a second. She was about to lie down when she heard a knock on the window. Startled, Annie spun around. Maybe it was just a tree branch on a windy night? No, there was a slip of paper on the window sill. Annie lugged herself off of her bed and walked over to the window to read it. She scanned the words quickly and crossed her arms. There was no doubt in her mind who'd left it. Annie sighed. Can't I just ignore it and go back to bed? No, no, no. She reluctantly slipped on her fuzzy boots, took out her braid in lieu of putting on a sweater, and climbed outside her window, up the tree, and up to the roof. The second she saw Derald's face in the darkness and the stars, she wanted to break down and cry and apologize and do whatever it took to end this stupid fight, but she held her ground. After she cleared her mind of the initial emotional baggage, the first thought that popped into her head was thank whatever god is out there that I decided to sleep with a bra on tonight. She would have laughed if she wasn't staring straight at the guy who'd made her so upset. She wasn't sure if she wanted to hug him or punch him in the face. "Some people would call this stalking," she said after a few moments of silence. Annie refused to show emotion on her face, though she wasn't having much success. The lack of light at nighttime helped a bit. "How is she?"

#justpretendthatgifisatnight #andhasalilnoteinsteadofbigthreateningmessage
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Left_bar_bleue150/150Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_inline_mnxmz1pTtz1qz4rgp

Derald waited as he hung over the roof, looking to her window. He thought about just sitting up there on the roof instead, and just wait till morning or something, but his eyes demanded to steer away from that option. His eyes couldn't stand another night without sleeping, but his mind couldn't another night without thinking. He heard the window click open and hearing her voice made him crack a smile for a split second, and ended when he remembered the tension between them. "Well... callin' this stalkin' is a lil extreme," He replied without whatever energy he had in him. He could feel his guitar slipping down with him upside down, "Can I come in?" he asked but he held on to the edge, flipping over as he pushed himself off the roof, to hold on to the tree and swung himself into her room anyways without waiting for much of a reply. He let out a short sigh of relief as the guitar on his back stayed in place. "Dusk is doin' much better, thanks. She's eating now so.. we'll take it as a good sign," he shrugged, avoided looking at her with the topic of Dusk cropped up. He looked up to her as they just kind of awkwardly standing there in her room. "Look.. I.." he rubbed the back of his neck, figuring out where to start, what to say, what to do. He should've planned this out a lil better.  Well, he never expected that he'd make it this far into trying to apologise that night. "I shouldn't have said any of those nasty things to you. It was hurtful, it was uncalled for, I was pissed and I'm sorry." He reached out to touch her arm as he continued, "I'm really really sorry. I was a nervous wreck and I screwed up. I wanna take it all back but I can't. And I'm so sorry for everythin'." He had so much more to say, so much more to apologise, but he stopped himself from talking too much, giving Annie some time to talk, if she even wanted to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:20 am

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_inline_mubmsjlkNa1rpl29c

Outfit

Annie was about to grant Derald permission to enter her room when he climbed in anyway. She sighed and followed close after. She closed the window behind her, only then noticing the guitar on his back. She'd never heard him play it before, though she'd seen it around his house once or twice. Annie had to stop herself from jokingly asking what it was for. It was hard not to fall back into the comfortable rhythm of friendly flirting and teasing. She wasn't used to being mad at Derald. "Good, I'm glad." She was relieved to hear that Dusk was doing better. She didn't want to think about what might have happened if she hadn't, and besides, an innocent dog's life spared was always a good thing. Annie leaned against the wall while Derald spoke, keeping her head lowered so her hair fell over her face and helped mask her expression. She half expected him to yell at her again, but he started apologizing. Annie didn't want to stay mad. She hated fighting. Still, she didn't think she should give in just yet, so she initially resisted it when her heart started to melt. That resistance didn't last long, and by the time Derald had finished speaking, it was completely gone. Annie stayed silent for a while after he spoke. She wasn't sure what she supposed to say. "Um, I-" Annie swallowed. "It's not your fault." She felt a sense of familiarity with those words. I should get new material. She didn't want to try and console Derald right now though. That wasn't what they needed. "I'm sorry, too, I mean, honestly, what I said was just not okay. I just felt so angry and emotional, and I- uh, actually, speaking of, I think there's something else I need to tell you, but I'm not totally sure, and it's not really the best time, so nevermind. I want to be able to forget this ever happened. The problem is, I don't know if I can. That stuff really hurt, Derald, and I know I hurt you too, and I don't know how to fix it, so can't we just... get back to the being okay and deal with the residue later?"

#justpretendthatgifisatnight #andhasalilnoteinsteadofbigthreateningmessage
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:26 pm

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_mp2r57919x1r032zxo3_250

Derald smiled when Annie said her very familiar line. "No, it is my fault, ain't no arguments about that." He walked up to her as she leaned on the wall and started apologising as well. He raised an eyebrow in concern when she said she wanted to tell him something put it off for now. He let it go because she continued on with talking about their fight and he held onto her shoulders, tilting her head up to face him, "We don't hafta forget 'bout it. It ain't right to think that it never happened." The fight happened, so why pretend that it didn't? He just thought that if they worked this out then they could leave this behind them. "Hmmmm... fixin' this huh? Well, to atone for my sins, I'll do anything ya want. ..One thing," He lifted a finger to emphasize, "I don't wanna be shaving my head and being bald or anything crazy like that..." He grinned with the slight concern in his eyes. Fights were not fun at all, but Tess talked to him, it's not fun, but it's necessary to patch it up if you really really treasure any relationship you have with that person. Derald stared at the girl he had come to love and  pulled her into his arms for a hug, "I'm really sorry though.. Will ya forgive me anytime soon?"

#sorryshortpost #boooofilmingperiod #butstillfun #butdennie<33
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_inline_mubmrjk4lE1rpl29c

Annie instinctively hugged Derald back. She couldn't help it. It was just her natural reaction after so many times before. She held back a laugh at the thought of Derald shaving his head, but was unable to contain her smile. "Hey," she teased, poking Derald lightly in the side. "Stop making me laugh; I'm not sure if I'm done being mad at you yet." Annie wondered why she'd imagined it would be difficult to forgive Derald. She wasn't even sure what they'd been fighting about. Hell, she hadn't even been sure of that during the actual fight. So what reason was there to stay angry if all it had been was crazy emotions? Annie took a deep breath. "I'll forgive you if you'll forgive me," she agreed, reaching up on tiptoe to kiss him on the nose. "I just want this stupid fight to be over. But seriously, be quiet, because if any of my family hear you, it won't matter whether I forgive you or not- they'll murder you or quarantine me or something and we will never see eachother again." Now that she and Derald were on their way to being okay again, Annie felt all the stress of the past few days disappear, replaced with pent-up happiness that had been bursting to show itself. She tucked her head under Derald's and leaned against him with her eyes close for a second before stepping away. "While you're here, though, can we talk? About the future? I know it's super boring and all, but yeah. Kind of... important." She kept her voice low, hoping he would do the same. Her aunt boarded downstairs, but she had ears like an owl.

#alsoshortishpost #yolo
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:12 am

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_mr9uk74rBY1r032zxo4_250

It was so comforting to have Annie close to him again, the last four days were torturous and stressful, it was miserable. Annie poked at him for trying to make her laugh and he grinned, "Oh? Maybe I should try harder then." He started tickling her by her waist but stopped pretty quickly, knowing that it was really late at night and he don't think that he was really welcomed in here by the rest of the house. He squeezed his eyes shut when she kissed his nose and he let out a soft chuckle, "Deal." He shrugged though as she rattled off about the worst case scenario if they were caught. "We'll find a way even if we did get caught. 'Cause those four days were painful enough already," He returned the kiss with one on her forehead as he whispered, taking note of their volume and the true risk about actually being here when he shouldn't. But it was worth it. It was worth every bit of possibility that he'll get his head chopped off. Because at least they worked things out and things will probably get back to normal or actually better between them. He held on to her hand while she stepped away, taking the time to just sink back into their comfortable space. "Sure, can't be that boring right? I mean it's our future," he pulled them to sit on the floor by the side of the bed, taking off his guitar and leaving on beside them as he continued in a hushed voice, taking her hint about keeping quiet, "You wanted to tell me something too, right?"

#livin'withshortposts #doin'okay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:50 am

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_inline_mw0oqqbGkV1sr57h6

Annie was relieved that the fight seemed to be over, and this surprise apology had turned into a surprise visit instead. She slid down to the floor next to Derald, leaning against the side of her bed. "Right, yeah, I guess now's a good a time as any." Annie took a deep breath. How were you supposed to tell someone this? At least it had resolved itself, but she wondered whether it would have been good or bad news. "So, and don't freak out, because it didn't- well, um... basically, I was a week and a half late. Inexplicably. As in, uh, pregnancy scare." She bit her lip and waited a second for the words to sink in. "But I'm not! Pregnant, I mean. I got it two days ago. Just a random late cycle. Still, it seemed appropriate to tell you, if not as my boyfriend, then as my best friend. It, ah, got me thinking, though." Annie tilted her head back, resting it on the bedframe. She kept her gaze on Derald's face, though, nervously trying to gauge his reaction. She didn't bother telling him it would have been his, had it been anything. There was obviously no one else. "Nothing concrete, you know, just some 'what if's'. Like, it hasn't been that long, but what if it wasn't a scare, what if I actually was, um, pregnant." The word felt strange to say; foreign. Annie had seen lots of pregnancies in her day, though most of them were from animals. 18 seemed a little young for kids, despite the fairly low life expectancy. It was something she wanted to keep in mind for the future, though. Annie cleared her throat, feeling a bit awkward. "So, what's the guitar for, anyway?"

#shortpostsarethewaytogo #igtgtobed #nightgurlieily #oops
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:56 am

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_mr0jkiuKEu1r032zxo3_250

Derald looked at her confused for a moment. Late? late for what? What can you even be late for one and a half weeks? Feedin the cat? But when she mentioned pregnancy that was when his face came to realistion and then slight panic. All the questions started rushing through his head; Was she feeling okay? When did they... How were they gonna get away with this? But when she cleared it up he almost let out a sigh of relief. It was not like it was totally bad news if it was real, but it was just so sudden, like what are they suppose to do in first place? Sometimes it boggles his mind how pregnant animals magically know what to do. He turned his head slight more to see her and he smiled, ruffling her hair, "Well I 'preciate you tellin' me. Guess it must've been quite a scare, huh?" He really did appreciate that she'd be willing to share something like this instead of keeping it to herself. He slumped back to lean onto the bedframe as he glanced up, thinking about what if. If it really it was true. He'd be scared outta his pants on having to deal with something so new, but he know what he'd do. He mouthed out the foreign word to himself, stealing glances all over the room, thinking before he turned his head to her, "Well, if it was, I don't think I can see anythin' going horribly wrong. It'll just be like our lil' plus one," he poked at her tummy as he laughed before continuing, "And I swear that I'd take care of ya and that lil plus one. Ya even get to snap at me all ya want, no snappin' back this time." Derald grinned sheepishly as he fixed her hair, pushing it behind ear her. "Ah, right," her question made him sit up straight and reach over to grab the acoustic guitar, "Remember ya said ya wanted to see it? I never really got to introducin' him to ya. And I thought since I can't play nicely, I could... y'know, teach ya some chords.. or somethin'." He shrugged lifting it up to her, introducing in a soft voice, holding back his amusement. "Annie, meet Eden. Eden, meet Annie." He forgot where the name Eden came about, prolly somewhere older when his Uncle was still their age and all but it was still standing strong despite being an oldie. He almost forgot that Annie wanted him to show it to her, since a long long time ago. And guess the fight really made him think a lot, even all the way back to the past, the first day they met.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 1:04 am

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_mumw7rJ6AA1svck0oo1_250

Annie quietly let out a deep breath when Derald didn't freak out. She hadn't even realized she'd been holding her breath in the first place. She smiled as he mussed her hair. "You're very sweet. Yeah, uh, it was kind of scary. I guess it never really hit me, though. It was sort of surreal. I didn't have confirmation that it was true, so I just kept thinking, you know, 'what if.'" She shrugged. That was all it was now. A 'what if.' Scary, but a little exciting, too. She did want to hae kids one day, and she loved Derald and could see them raising children together, it was just so unexpected. Her ovaries usually kept a pretty good schedule. Maybe stress had set them off or something. Annie laughed when Derald poked her belly and clasped his hand in hers. "Thanks. Honestly, that means so much to me. Not right now, but maybe one day, right? If we hold up that long." Annie leaned lightly against his shoulder. "What would we name it, anyway?" She shook her head and turned her attention to the guitar. "Nevermind. True, I did say that, and I meant it. You named your guitar... that does not surprise me. That is adorable." She stared at the guitar, her eyes slightly narrowed, then back at Derald's face. "I bet you're a fabulous guitar player. Uh, we might have to go back on the roof or something though, unless you can play reeeally quietly."

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_inline_mq6d5zY7Wq1qz4rgp

Derald shook his head and laughed, punning, "Nah yer just sugar coatin' it." The lame jokes kinda crept back in every once in awhile, not much of the pranks yet though. His subconscious always seem to stop him by telling him that he'll probably get someone else killed again. He nodded and wished he'd understand that kind of scare she probably had. And half the time they were fighting, now somewhat making him value their time together much more than before. He couldn't hold back a smile to her when Annie held on to his hand. "Only 'if'?" He pouted slightly, pinching the tip of her nose as he asked. Of course, no relationship is certain out there, and he's just messing with her, but he couldn't help but just think. What ifs again. It was short lived when his mind shoves it all away easily. He pecked the side of her head as he replied, "You're welcome." His shoulders shook as he shrugged, "Fancy's always a way to go. Totally posh in this hillbilly district," Derald joked, knowing that she probably already know what he'd really say if he answered her. He quietly plucked a string that gave of a really soft and low bass note, "Ain't me actually, I think my Pa and Uncle Darrin named it, it's an old one so it belonged to the past generation and probably not known that its out here right now," he stuck his tongue out, having been extra careful with carrying it around that night. He looked down at the guitar first but paused at the end, "Oh we'll be extra quiet, it's way more comfy in here anyways. But I absolutely suck! So I was thinking..." He put it on her lap, letting her feel around for a comfortable position with the guitar in her hands, grinning to her as he leaned over to set her position right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:36 am

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_mmecd8TfWY1reyr9bo1_250

Annie wrinkled her nose when he pinched the tip of it that was a really weird sentence to write js. "Well, I'm in it for the long haul if you are." She smiled. "Yes, definitely something fancy. Our child shall be the envy of all those who look upon him. Or her. Or something else. Who knows?" She looked up at him as he spoke about the guitar. It was weird to think about things being passed down through generations. Would she and Derald have a legacy to pass stuff down to? How many more generations would this guitar last? Who else had held this guitar, and what had they used it for? How many times had these notes been played on these old strings,  and if you changed the strings when they broke, was it still the same? Yes, Annie decided, thought it didn't even really matter. Of course it is. She looked up at Derald and laughed.   "A risk-taker, I like it. But I have no idea how to play guitar." She poked at one of the strings with her fingers. It made a low twanging sound. "There, I did it, I'm the best guitar player ever. Teach me something or it's your turn," Annie chuckled, fiddling with the strings while she spoke. She was almost worried they'd snap. Her fingers had light callouses from farm work, but she'd never noticed before. "Or if you do the fancy pressing-down-at-certain-spots thing, I think I can manage strumming." Annie ran her hand over all the strings at once.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_mq7200f9NE1r032zxo2_250

"Absolutely," he agreed to her deal instantaneously and dropped his head backwards as his stretched his arms to keep himself perked up. But he laughed and rolled his eyes, "Or a dog. We could end up adopting a dog instead next time." He remembered the guitar back in his Pa days where it'd just sit in a nice corner until he and Uncle Darrin hadn othing to do or when Derald refused to asleep at night. He always wondered how it stayed in such pristine conditions other than a couple of tuning. Darrin never really plays it anymore either and yet he find the time to polish it nicely just so i can collect more dust again. He grinned as she plucked a string, coming off as a nice solid tune, animating softly, "And a star is discovered!" He turned his body to face her totally and held her hand to move them in place. "That's exactly what a chord is dear Annie," Derald pointed out, placing her first three fingers from her pointer on the 2nd, 4th and 5th string on the guitar neck, "And if ya press those strings down, that's a C major," he paused, digging out his little pick for her, "Here, give it a whirl! I'll keep it as quiet as possible, or maybe we'll just serenade the house back to sleep." Guitars made your fingers hurt a lot actually, no matter how strong you think your fingers are, but it's worth it skin toughening when you listen to the thing in your hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_inline_mi9zkhWaLS1qz4rgp

Annie wasn't sure she was cut out to be a world-class guitarist, but this was a cute moment and she wasn't going to ruin it by taking it seriously. She took the pick carefully between her fingers and strummed it down the strings. "That's a bit easier," she murmured, dipping her head to keep her eyes on the guitar. "C major, hm? What does that even mean? Who decided all this stuff?" She looked up at Derald and narrowed her eyes. "Are you making this up off the top of your head?" she accused with a little laugh. She turned her attention back to the guitar and practiced playing the C major chord a few times. Then she changed the position of her fingers and pressed down on three random strings. "What's this? Is this a thing?" She played the note and winced. "Don't think so." Annie experimented for a short while with more random combinations but didn't have much luck. "I am officially terrible at this." She plucked the strings again and brightened up at the pleasant sound it made. "Hey, that one sort of worked! Is that one of them? The chords?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:18 pm

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_inline_myi3ltBgiF1qkavmj

Derald put his hand over the string to muffle out the sound, grinning to Annie, "There ya go! Ain't too hard now is it?" It wasn't that hard to play the guitar, but playing it nicely is another story. He remembered just picking up the huge thing and reading a book that taught him all the notes and stuff and it was kinda fun. He made a face when she started questioning the chord's existence, raised both his hands up, "If I had made all those up, I reckon' that I'd be some music genius like Mozart or somethin'. ..That's his name, right?" He squinted off into the distance as he continued, "But now that ya mention it... I dunno. Some really old dude from the past who was really bored?" He never really asked about all these things when he was taught, but well then again, he was six. And as long as it sounded nice, it entertained his six year old mind enough. Annie changed to try out other possible chords and he was about to open his mouth to shift one of her fingers over to the right position, but stopped himself when he noticed her just enjoying going around random misfit notes. He smiled, resting his elbow on the edge of her bed as he propped his cheek on his hand, just watching her fiddle with the thing. Sometimes, even up to now, it's hard to believe that he'd be up in her room, or patching up from a fight, or talking about kids, or just playing with a guitar. He... was quite lucky, wasn't he? He broke his gaze towards her when Annie brought him back to reality on that slightly off sounding chord. He quickly glanced away from her eyes, coughing away the embarrassment of probably being caught staring at her, and he looked at the way her fingers pressed on the strings. "Mmhmm, Yer almost there with that actually, just gotta... press on an extra string with this finger," tapping her pointer finger that pressed only one string at this point in time and helped her hold down the second string, his other free hand over hers to strum with the pick, the chord sounding more right this time. He grinned up to Annie and he whispered, muffling out the strings with his hand, "G major."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:04 am

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_inline_mubmrjk4lE1rpl29c

Annie played the chord and grinned. "I see why you like it, but I think it's safe to say guitar is not my forte," she said with a sigh, then winked at Derald. "Get it? Isn't forte, like, a music thing?" Annie laughed and lifted her hands from the guitar to brush her hair out of her eyes. "Okay, I think I've absorbed as many chords as I can for one night. Don't judge me, it's late and I'm half-asleep. And I also think," Annie picked up the guitar and put it back on his lap, "that you should play me a song, or sing me a lullaby or something. Because I love you, you love me, and I'm pretty great." She flashed him a teasing smile with slightly narrowed eyes and shifted her position so she was sitting in front of him. Annie propped herself up on her knees and rested on the back of her heels. "Orrr we could have a fashion show, though I don't know if any of my clothes would fit you. Other than that, it's a bit late for pancakes, and the dogs are asleep. I can attempt to play more guitar, but I may fall asleep in the process." She yawned. "Sweet as your apology was, you caught me right before bed."
#sorrycrappyshortpost #iranoutofwaystosaysheplayedthechord #it'slate
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:03 am

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_inline_myi21h0NoQ1qkavmj

Derald tilted his head towards her and grinned, lifting a finger to her, "Oooh, touché. I'm gonna lose my job of make bad jokes to ya sooner or later." He pouted at her when she stopped playing for the night, "It's only been two chords, Annie," he rolled his eyes as he chuckled. It took quite a bit of effort to carry it all the way here but it was fine, because she got to play it in the end and it was kinda late. He kinda expected her to make him play a song, as reluctant as he was, but he sighed as she gave her unreasonable reasonings, "And that I do." Because he couldn't argue with that. He cleared his throat as he adjusted his fingers and looked up to her, "Don't laugh 'kay? I ain't gonna sing cause I can't but still.." he trailed off there and put the pick aside. It's been awhile since he actually played this darn thing really, he's probably all rusted and stuff but he remembers some of the songs he learnt. His audience use to only be the animals in the barns and he'd sit on the haystack helping the horses, (especially stubborn ol Sephy) to sleep. It was awkward to have a person listening instead and he wasn't the best at it either, so that makes it three times worse. He laughed when she started to rattle off other possible things to do if he didn't want to play, but.. since it's already here, might as well right? "Aw, ya don't wanna hear me play anymore? If that's the case..." He teased, pretending to put the guitar away. If he was gonna play badly to a real live person, he'd rather her over anyone any day. "Yeah, sorry 'bout that.. Could've picked a better time but guess I.. didn't wanna wait till I was free again. With Dusk and all." Seeing her yawn made him instinctively do the same, with the past couple of sleepless nights, he could feel the oh so familiar fatigue creeping in, knocking at the back of his mind to go to sleep. He placed the guitar back in his lap and flexed his hands, warming his cold fingers up. Clearing his throat awkwardly once more before testing out the chords and notes. Derald took a deep breath in and began to play a little song, a quieter one, so that it wouldn't wake anyone up, plucking the strings with his fingers trying to remember how it went. He messed up a few times but just winced and continued on, occasionally looking up to Annie and grinning before needing to look back at his fingers.

#sorryprobstoolongofapost #postpostsyndromes #hellyeahfashionshow #putabraonhisheadgogogo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 6:27 pm

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_mhmny1HBhG1qcqhdjo2_500

"You will never lose your job of making bad jokes," Annie teased. "Yeah, I know, but it's been a tough four days, right?" She shrugged and tucked her knees up. She wasn't sure if she was loopy from being half-asleep or giddy from not being in a fight with Derald anymore. Annie didn't really care which it was, to be perfectly honest. She was just happy to be happy again, and to not want to cry every time she thought of him. Annie sighed, closed her eyes, and snuggled up to Derald's shoulder while he played the song. "Psh, I bet you're a great singer," she muttered, curling her legs in. She hummed along quietly after he'd played a similar part of the song a few times, gently bobbing her foot to the beat. When he finished, she smiled. "That's beautiful," she said quietly. "You should definitely do that professionally. Or, you know, play it on the street, singing songs of a terrifying tomorrow and dark times to come. Freak some people out." She smirked, looking up and giving him a little peck on the lips before putting her head back on his shoulder. "Seriously, though. You didn't tell me you were that good. Hey, you look tired. Should I break out the pillows and blankets and sneak down to the living room to get some couch cushions?" She laughed. She couldn't even imagine what her aunt would do if she woke up to a boy crashing on the couch. Annie thought for a moment, wondering if there was a way out. She didn't want to kick him out this late, especially carrying a guitar. "You will have to hide in the morning, though. Or I can walk you home. Stars can be just as nice as sunsets." Annie poked him softly in the stomach.

#anothershortpost #iamterrible #yasyasthebrascapades #topicshouldendsoonmaybe?
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:53 am

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_n655nnZoOI1rqxc2yo1_500

Derald nodded silently, she has no idea how bad it was the past few days with Dusk and them and all the mess. But maybe she does. He exhaled when he felt Annie lean onto him as he played. He could feel the usual pain in his fingers that probably lost it's hardness from months of not playing. As he plucked the last note, he turned his head to Annie complimenting that piece. "I try. But thanks," he grinned, it was a different feeling playing for animals and people for people. He wasn't used to being told that it was really nice or that was beautiful. He just knows that the animals like it and thank him for it once in a while with a lick or a huff. "Oh definitely, I'll just be out there going 'Hey y'all! The world is ending! So be depressed!' and get kicked out of the District," he laughed, but then remember to keep his volume down, taking that kiss by surprise. He blinked and paused there for a second before following their conversation again. It just felt as if that little kiss would prove that things were patched up between them, and it was relieving to know that. "Nah, it's fine. 'Sides, yer floor looks really comfy!" He pat the floor lightly before putting the guitar aside and standing up, "And as for you," he paused, lifting Annie up and placing her to sit on her bed, "You should get some sleep too. I ain't the only one lookin' tired." Derald stood in front of her and hesitated as he looked at her, before leaning down to kiss her properly this time, "I love you, y'know that?"

#hellyeahshortposts #nosorrys #shortpostsarenicetoo #brabridage #BRAgade #alsonewgifs #wooooo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_inline_mubmtn5V3X1rpl29c

Annie laughed lightly. "I meant I would sleep on the floor. You're the guest." She shook her head and pulled her blanket off of her bed. Annie put the blanket on the floor in a little pile. "Or we can wrap you up like a burrito." She giggled, imagining Derald confined to a tube of blanketness, with his feet and head sticking out of either end, rolling around.  "I wasn't kidding about the hiding, though. If anyone sees you in here they will kill us both, slowly and painfully," Annie warned. She let him lift her up and sat on the bed, crossing one leg over the other. "I was working on that, before you interrupted me. But thanks. For interrupting me, I mean." She gave him a little smile, temporarily returning to a somewhat serious tone of voice instead of their usual joking manner. She craned her neck a bit and kissed him back, resting her hand on the back of his neck. Annie pulled back after a few seconds to speak. "Good, because I love you, and otherwise this would just be awkward."

#sorryihavenomusern #topicover? #idkifyouwannareplyornot #ididn'taddmuch #leavingitopen #foryouknowwhat #alltheshortposts
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:55 am

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Tumblr_mq7200f9NE1r032zxo1_250

Derald poked at the pile of blanket on the floor and he grinned, "Burrito sounds like a hella fun." He turned back to her and nodded to her warning, taking a split second glance to her door and wondered sometimes, what if someone was out the listening.. "Worth the risk then, still worth the risk now," he shrugged, chuckling as he continued, tugging at her loose braid, "Maybe I should interrupt ya more often then." Annie pulled away as she began to speak again. He can never wipe his smile off his face every time she tells him that, he just feels privileged to be here with her. He leaned close to her, lifting his hand to cup her cheek, "So, so awkward," he whispered right before kissing her again, leaning too much as he threw them off balance backwards. They were tired but maybe just for another 5 more minutes.

#woohoooootherewego #endtopicIguess #unlessmorningbut #onwards! #morefun #bloops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning   Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apologies are just words that have a lot of meaning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 10 :: Houses-
Jump to: