The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Empty
PostSubject: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 10:41 pm

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home PwQlCCb
Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_inline_mubmt5IpNi1rpl29c

In reality, Annie supposed it hadn't actually been that long since the reapings, but she could swear decades had passed. She could still remember what it felt like to have her name called, and as horrifying as that was, she knew she'd never have to go through that again. This year had been her last. Still, she had family and friends who could be chosen, and one very special friend, her first real friend, her closest friend, who would be leaving that day, every year at least until a new victor arose from District 10, for months at a time. Right now, however, she was waiting for him to come back, and as depressing as the circumstances of his return were, she couldn't help but feel uplifted. Annie's bitter thoughts gnawed at the back of her brain, but she ignored them, because today was a day of homecoming and reunion and hugs and dogs and horses and sunsets and pancakes, and she didn't want to ruin it. She felt guilty, of course, for getting such pleasure out of the death of a friend. She was still in mourning, which she displayed through her black dress and hair clip - something she'd chosen to do because she didn't know how else to pay her respects, not something anyone had asked of her - but the smile on her face that she couldn't keep down didn't exactly reflect sadness. She missed Alice already, and it hurt to be happy, but Annie couldn't help it. She tapped her foot on the ground repeatedly, nervous and excited and impatient and remorseful and jubilant and terrified, all at once. Annie told herself there was nothing she could do for Alice now. Alice had volunteered to risk her life for her, and now that she was dead, Annie was overcome by happiness that her best friend had returned.

You are a terrible person, she told herself. And he'll probably be upset about her dying, so don't expect him to smile when he sees you waiting or anything. You shouldn't even care about that. Alice just died. You could be in her place. You should be in her place. She ran a hand threw her hair, which was getting disturbed by the wind that picked up as the train gradually approached. But I'm not, so shouldn't I appreciate life in her honor? Isn't that one of those 'it's what they would have wanted' things? the giddy part of her mind countered. Before the other half could formulate a response, there was a rush of noise and the train rolled up. Annie blinked in the light and held her hand up to her eyes. A shot of adrenaline was pumping through her veins, through her heart, and Derald hadn't even stepped out yet. What if he doesn't? What if they made him stay in the Capitol permanently? What if he chose to? she fretted. Annie quieted her restless thoughts and took a deep breath. She would have brought her dogs, but they were asleep and she didn't want to wake them. Besides, something about this reunion felt sacred. It could be a tradition, now, she realized. Equal parts sorrowful and sweet. My family's not poor, we probably won't starve. He definitely won't. There's no ticking time bomb, now, no known limitations, just life with a few possible interruptions. Her gaze flicked up as the door opened, and Annie's face broke out in a slightly apologetic smile. "Welcome home!"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Left_bar_bleue150/150Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:50 am

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home BwTEbUx
Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_inline_mnxlp6fLvy1qz4rgp

That was crap. Everything went downhill the moment the gong sounded and to see them almost go without a fight, was worse than anything else. It's like their lives were just snatched away before they could even try. Derald leaned over the table, his hands supporting as his fingers tapped. Where did he go wrong? Again? He was alone on the train, everyone else part of the D10 team staying in the Capitol. The silence in this big ol thing was almost annoying. But after a day or two alone, the train finally came to a stop. He continued to stand there though, as happy as he was coming back home, he didn't want to face it; the probable glares or disappointed faces with grief and anger. After maybe 5 minutes or so he heard the train conductor yelling at him to get off already. "See ya around, Joel," Derald hollered back as he grabbed back his hat that was dumped on the couch somewhere before sliding the door open. Coming back home this early was really weird, but there's no point staying in the Capitol until the Games end if they didn't need him anymore. He put his hat back on and tilted it down as he got off, not really wanting anyone to notice him come home so early. But he brought his face back up when he heard her call out to him. His face came to confusion and surprise before it finally melt back to a warm smile, seeing her in black made his heart hurt a little more, "Surprise surprise. What are ya doin' all the way here?" He walked up to her to give her a good hug. But he didn't let go. He rested his chin on top of her head and whispered after a couple of quiet moments, "...I'm sorry." Derald didn't know what else to say to her but to just hold on to the hug for a long time. He wanted to comfort her, and comfort himself. There was so much more he wanted to say, but they all sound like excuses, and maybe this silence could be a little more comforting than the silence before.

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 1:05 am

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_mdlwct0Sq61qaybgdo8_250

Outfit

Annie's smile widened at Derald's reaction. "Did you expect me to wait until I happened to find you in a barn at the crack of dawn again?" She wondered for a second if she was dreaming. Maybe Derald was still stuck in the Capitol, maybe she was going to wake up and be alone in her bed instead of out here with him by the train. Maybe Alice was still alive. But as nice as the last thing would have been, Annie was pretty sure she was awake, and she was happy to be. Annie was ecstatic that Derald was back. She just wished it could be under better circumstances. Annie's slightly troubling thoughts were interrupted by a hug, which was much more pleasant. She closed her eyes, enjoying the moment, which didn't to be ending any time soon. Annie wasn't complaining. Derald's arms were warm and comforting and safe, and if she could, she would choose to stay here forever. Well, if she could, she would choose to be in the exact same position but with Alice alive. Derald apologized to her and her eyes snapped open wide. She untucked her head and looked up at him. "What? You have nothing to be sorry for," she said softly. Does he think I'm mad at him about Alice? Annie theorized. It was the only explanation she could think of. "You did your best, and that's all you can do. That's all anyone can do. I told you before, it's not your fault, and I'm not changing my mind because this time it was someone close to me, okay?" Annie laid her head back under his but kept her eyes open. "I promise."

#sorrynotsorryforgif #itfitokay #justpretendthatguyisblondeandnotallfacestroking
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Left_bar_bleue150/150Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 3:54 pm

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_inline_myi3ltBgiF1qkavmj

Derald shrugged in reply before he went in for the hug. It was so comforting to be just close to someone, to feel someone without much worries about losing them. It feels so real that it shouldn't. It's like he was suppose to lose whoever he got close to. And he was scared. It came back to him though, that day her name was called. And then his thoughts disappeared when he felt her lift her head up and he looked down to her and realised how close they actually were. He felt him tense up and the panic rising and he tried to keep his eyes on hers though eventually giving in to glancing away. But they evaporated as soon they as entered, Annie's usual comfort rambles brought a chuckle out of him and brings him back to her. "I'm still sorry. I don't know why, but I felt the need to say that." After all the nice feels though, Derald turned down to Annie, amused, "Really now? Can ya say that again? 'Cause I'm gonna quote ya on that the next time I do something stupid like burn a barn down or somethin'." He grinned and paused, squeezing their hug and swinging her from side to side. Sighing and letting go, he turned off to a side, looking at the exit out of the train station, "Yer really something, y'know that?" He quickly continued on, plopping his hat onto her head, "Well, the pigs don't feed themselves! And since you're here, it's compulsory for ya to help me carry my stuff back." Derald poked at his hat oh her and snickered, strolling off. He glanced back to Annie though, while they walked, "How are ya holdin' up?" After a year or two, he could tell when she isn't always okay, but he was denser than a sack of potatoes, not that he knows, let's just keep that from him shall we? She was probably the few he can bring his instinct to feel kick in.

#breakingthefourthwalllikewhut #havenogoodgifs #sadface #its4am #justpretendanything
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:43 am

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_inline_mubmrjk4lE1rpl29c

Annie laughed, stepping away from Derald and tucking her hair behind her ear. Most of the front part was clipped back, but she'd left a little out in front and the flyaways always escaped anyway. Derald joked about burning down a barn and Annie smirked. "Really. I swear. You burn down that barn, I'll be right next to you holding the torch. I may or may not run away and abandon you when the peacekeepers show up, though..." she teased, poking him on the arm. He put his hat on her head and she grinned. "I don't think it fits me that well, but I am honored to wear it. You really take this thing everywhere, huh? You should get different colors for different occasions," Annie said with a laugh, tipping the brim of the hat up so she could see clearly. It was a nice enough view: the dewdrops on the grass, the light glinting off of the departing train, the seemingly endless sky. She looked down at Derald's luggage. "I will gladly help you carry your stuff back," she agreed, and lugged one of his bags over her shoulder. "What did you put in here, anyway, bricks?" Annie shifted the bag slightly to the weight was more on her back, which might not have been the most healthy thing to do, but it made the load easier. She followed after him in silence until he asked her how she was holding up. Annie was momentarily caught off guard. "I thought I was supposed to be the one counseling you, silly. But, um, thanks, I'm okay, actually, aside from the guilt from feeling okay. I mean, I'm sad, I just- I don't know, I don't think I've really come to terms with it. I'm not burying my emotions, I just don't really know what my emotions are, or what they're supposed to be." She shrugged. "It feels more like she moved away or something than she died, and other than some loss and guilt, I'm basically fine." Annie shook her head, nearly dislodging the hat. She pushed it back into place.  "Is that bad? Am I a terrible person? I'm definitely a terrible person. How about you? It more breakfast food needed?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 12:36 pm

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_inline_myi3lbWK2e1qkavmj

Derald threw his hands up in the air, disappointed, "Aw c'mon! Aren't we gonna brave the peacekeepers together? Maybe you'll get to meet Jerry." He swatted her poking finger away and pointed at her, grinning, "But keep in mind that once ya hold on to that torch, I'm dragging ya down with me." He was pretty sure that nothing like that would happen, but just the thought of them staring at their burning masterpiece and then being tied up by the peacekeepers together made him unable to wipe that smile of his face. He stretched out his achy arms with his hat off his head and he laughed, "It fits you perfectly fine!" He tipped the hat back down to cover her vision once again and he raise an eyebrow as Annie brought up different colour hats. He shrugged at her first claim, "Took it from my pops. And I just kinda thought it was a nice lil thing to keep around. And different colours? Are ya volunteering yerself to paint it a different colour every day?" He was taken by surprise when she started picking up his bag and he darted his eye to the side as he stuck his tongue out, "Maaaaaaaybe..." but her carrying the slightly larger bag made him chuckle in confusion, "And by stuff I meant just my hat, really," he picked his bag from her and slung it over his own. He would've felt so bad if he let her carry it instead. He only brought along one bag of stuff and a little box, so Derald would rather carry them. "Well don't the counsellors need counseling too?" He looked back to see Annie lingering behind a bit and he slowed down to walk beside her. He listened to her, for once listening to her problems instead and it somehow made him feel more... useful. He put an arm around her and gave her an encouraging squeeze, helping her adjust the too-big hat, "Nah, you're not a terrible person, not one bit. I know how ya feel, it's like there's this period of time where we just go into this state where we ain't gonna feel nothin'. And then after that, that's when it really hits us, ain't it?" He paused before replying the question that was thrown back at him, "Would ya believe if I said I was kinda fine too?" He really was though, no lies, no attempted fake smile, somehow, even he felt just there. He wasn't sure whether it just hasn't hit him yet or it's starting to numb him out already. And it's only Games number 2. "Though breakfast is always good," Derald grinned, missing the simpler food they had back home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_inline_mubmsha7EZ1rpl29c

Annie laughed. "Right, I forgot, you know the peacekeeper's name. Why does that not surprise me?" She shook her head, trying not to fall on her face now that the hat was impeding her vision. He questioned her suggestion for different colors and she shrugged. "Maybe. You'll have to feed me, though. Room and board for work or whatever, right?" Annie teased him. "That's really sweet, actually, that you keep your dad's hat. It's definitely a nice thing to keep around. I just hope I'm worthy of wearing it for the trip back." She did appreciate the block from the sun that the hat provided. Derald took the bag back and Annie let out a sigh. "Be my guest, but I'm happy to help. Gotta use those few little farm muscles for something, right?" She was quiet while he spoke and leaned against his side when he put it arm around her. It just felt natural. "Thanks. Yeah, I guess. They say it's not healthy to do your own counselling. That's what friends are for, right? Pretend to listen to petty problems and just keep nodding and smiling? I swear that's what I end up doing with my siblings sometimes. Once again, it is terrible of me." She shook her head. She knew listening to people wasn't a real job, but she still felt a little bad. Not that her siblings cared. They really just wanted to vent and get it all out there and have someone agree with them for confirmation. Annie had wondered more than once if her rants sounded as pointless the rare times she'd confided in her sisters. I guess I'll find out if I ever bring him around the house... she thought wryly. If listening to issues was a friend's job, teasing was a sister's. She attempted to glance up at Derald, but the rim of the hat prevented her from seeing his face. "I guess so. That'll sure be a fun day," she said sarcastically, giggling. I definitely shouldn't be laughing about that. I hope that's just one of those coping mechanism things. Annie tilted her head to the side. "I might. You seem all right. Then again, your overwhelming happiness that you can back so you can run me over with a horse properly might be covering that up." She chucked and raised an eyebrow. "Breakfast is good, this is true. But as much as I'd like to cook you some to remind you how superior crappy District food is to fancy Capitol food, I think you should really go back home to Tess and Sephy and everyone."

#tinycrushreference #onlyrememberthatlinebecauseithinkit'sinthetrailer #plushesoundslikehe'scoveringabritishaccent #buthe'snotidk
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_inline_myi2izTAGl1qkavmj

Derald let out a mischievous grin, "Gettin' to know people is the first step to gettin' away with ridiculous things?" He rubbed his chin with his free hand, contemplating with the offer Annie joked, "Seems like a reasonable deal. You're hired. Just don't expect good home food." He chuckled as he laid it out there as seriously as he could, without success. He shrugged, tipping the hat back up for her, "Well, it's nice to have something to remember my pops and mama. I'd like to think that the hat spreads a lil' joy around, so go on and just put it on anytime you want really." He easily held on to his bag, and gave her an adamant face, "Well you can use those lil' farmer muscles on y'know, actual farming. I'll deal with all the dumb carrying." He raised an eyebrow and thought for awhile, before thinking out loud, "Is it even possible to do your own counselin'? Hmm, wonder how you coped without me all those years!" He laughed, shaking his head as inside, he was asking himself the same question. It wasn't the best feeling to have everything bottled inside for years and letting it all out was such a great feeling, he wondered why he never did it. "C'mon, quit sayin' that yer a terrible thing. You're not. I'll bet in all the district's food on that." He tilted his head forward to look at her genuinely saying that. But he smiled and changed the subject almost as fast as a penny dropping on the ground, "Oh I was actually wondering, did Tess bother you while I was gone? 'Cause she loves doin' that, botherin' people.." Derald rolled his eyes and sighed over his cousin, that he still dearly adore but hate altogether. He smiled and replied with the exact same tone of hers, "Absolutely, we'll have food and puppy therapy to cope through those fun times." And that actually sounded like a pretty good therapy treatment, but it was all superficial and won't really make them feel much better deep down. It'll chase the bad feelings away but they'll always be somewhere in there. "Mm, yeah, I guess I should head back to drop by first to kinda prove I'm still alive." He chuckled, Darrin often claiming he thought he was dead everytime he leaves for the Capitol. "But before that, speaking of Capitol food..." Derald pushed the little box he had in his hand towards Annie, almost embarrassed to buy back a little something. Or steal. Buy, Steal, we all know the Capitol won't miss it.

#reallybritish? #heehee #howdidthathappenxD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 11:42 pm

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_inline_mubmsjlkNa1rpl29c

Annie laughed and dipped her head at Derald's question about Tess. "She's such a sweetheart. She did stop by once when she was in the area, but she wasn't a bother." She'd been surprised when she went to open the door and saw Tess standing there. She'd only met the girl once before, but the encounter had been memorable. Annie always remembered the times she spent with Derald. He mentioned puppy therapy and she chuckled. "Absolutely. My dogs miss you. They keep wanting to go back to that hill we first met," she said with a smile. "We should totally go have a picnic there sometime. I'll bring the pancakes and the puppies, you bring your hat." She grabbed the rim of the hat in her fingers and tipped it to him. She looked up ahead. They were almost back to civilization, but she wasn't sure she was so happy about that. He handed her a box from the Capitol and her heart melted. "Oh my gosh, you didn't have to do that." She carefully took the box from his hands and peeked inside. "Thank you so much! It looks delicious. I will save it for that picnic and we can split it." She chuckled, still completely caught off guard by the thoughtful gift. "I'll have to make you a cake or something. Maybe just pancakes. I've only made a cake once before, and it wasn't pretty. It tasted good, but it kind of collapsed..." She shook her head and her little black hair bow fell out. "Oh, damn it." Annie reached around the back of her head and fiddled with it for a minute, but the hat was in her way. She gave up, stood on her toes, and clipped it onto Derald's hair. "There. You look beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:00 am

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_n7we8hE6rD1qlg80ko3_250

Derald grinned as he shook his head, "It's almost hard to believe sometimes, that girl." He wondered what did she do this time, show up at her doorstep creepily?  But then again, Tess only bothered Derald really, however her interest in his best friend could've easily changed that. He laughed as Annie brought up the corgis, "Aw they didn't like the Upper District?" He made a face and joked, "Oh, guess my food ain't trustworthy enough to make it to the picnic mat?" But he nodded in agreement, "Sounds like a great welcome back plan." He thought back to the days at that hill, he haven't been there for quite a long time actually, and remembering the day they met brought a grin to his face. Who would've thought that a girl he knocked over with a horse would sit there and listen to him pour half his heart out to mend a side of him that broke somewhere along the way. He pulled himself back when he handed Annie the little present he had for her. He glanced consciously at her as she looked inside, feeling a blush creeping over his face, "Hey, I asked if it was raspberries okay? I don't really know if they were messin' with me or not.. Well, they gave me a funny look when I asked." But it wasn't really just the cake he may or may nor have stolen. Okay, so he pulled out a couple of strings and materials from the D10 Stylists and strung up some bracelets out of knots. A couple. He had some boring alone time and he didn't really wanna think about the Games so his hands just started doing knots like he used to do all the time. Knots were funny little things really, but they make really nice things to wear. "Well I reckon it ain't gonna last long, so eat it while ya can. I think I had my fill on Capitol food for the year," he chuckled, Capitol food was good but there was something to the crappy food back home that he preferred. He looked up to his fringe that was visible and put a hand above to touch his new accessory and Derald fiddled with it striking a post with his head, "Almost as beautiful as the pancake hat! Gosh yer makin' me too beautiful." He knew that Annie hadn't noticed the other gifts but he kinda liked it to stay that away. It's like giving someone a note but not wanting them to read while you're there kind of feeling. They already hit the farms where most of the people resided in and he could already see his uncle's farm from afar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:24 am

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_inline_mi9zu2xsTP1qz4rgp

"Well, it's officially the nicest present anyone has ever gotten for me," Annie said with a smile. She stood up on her toes to kiss Derald on the cheek. "Thank you." She turned her head to that the wind blew her hair over her face to hide it. Crap, why the heck did I do that? He's going to be so annoyed. Just... change the subject. Make an escape. Something. "So we're almost there, right? I bet Sephy misses you." She picked up the pace a little, walking slightly faster. She wanted to spend time with Derald, but she was still embarrassed by her previous action and kind of wanted to flee the scene. Soon they were standing by the edge of the Victor's Village and she took a deep breath. "Uh... see you later, bro!" Annie awkwardly gave him a light punch on the arm. "You can keep the bow. It looks good on you. I mean, um, you know." She plucked his hat off her head and reached up to put it on his. "There you go. Perfect combo." Annie turned and started to leave, her pulse racing. Crap, crap crap. She got about eight feet before she mentally slapped herself in the face, ran back to Derald, and wrapped her arms around him in another tight hug. A kiss on the cheek doesn't mean anything anyway, right? "I'm really glad you're back," she said quietly into his shoulder. Annie released Derald and took a few steps away from him. "Thanks, Derry. You should come by some time, okay? Don't be a stranger." Annie waved and walked off in the other direction. Her head was spinning, but she was pretty sure she'd at least ended the conversation okay. What the hell were you thinking? she questioned herself about her previous action. Just... go home and stop thinking about it. He doesn't... nevermind. Don't ruin this friendship. Despite the sick feeling in her stomach from worrying she'd scared him off, Annie couldn't help her good mood at her friend's return. She kept walking until she couldn't see Derald anymore, and then headed home.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Tumblr_n6jtzhGsyg1qb1gbco2_250

Derald was about to make some snappy comeback but as he opened his mouth he felt Annie's lips on his cheek. He stood there mouth gaped, before he managed his legs to walk ahead as Annie went off faster. His fingers touched that cheek, not really knowing how to process that, with a half confused face slapped on. He didn't even hear her make small talk about Sephy. Should he even think so much into it? It was more of a first for him and he didn't know what to do, what to say, what to anything. Should he return it? Say thanks? Fistbump it off? And Annie punched him in the arm as she said bye, throwing the hat back onto him. Everything she said didn't really get to him as he stared at her, feeling his face going a little red. And without saying anything much she just turned and bolted. Derald watched her leave and he rubbed the back of his neck before turning away from her to head off as well. But before he could take anymore than a couple of steps he felt a pair of arms wrap around him from behind. He closed his eyes and smiled as he heard Annie speak again, "Yeah... Me too." Turning his head to look over his shoulders at her, and pat her arm that slinked around his stomach. He was really glad.. to be back, he wasn't sure how he felt at first, having lost both of his tributes so early in the Games. He was so sure that he'd just get glares everyday, but maybe having a friend around can make it a little easier. He forced himself to look at her without glancing away even as the urge to look away grew. And he chuckled, seeing the tinge of nostalgia in his eyes, "That's a horrible nickname." He rolled his eyes and adjusted his hat that was hastily placed on him, forgetting the bow on him. "Sure, I will," Derald paused there as she left before he called out to her again, "And! ...Make sure ya look into the box." He watched her leave before turning back to his own route home, hand touching his cheek and then dropping it as he shook his head. But he couldn't wipe the smile off his face, and he doesn't even know what to think about that. And for now, he'll just go off and spend time with his family, extended animals included.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home   Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell . The . World . I'm . Coming . Home
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 10 :: Train Station-
Jump to: