The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ghost of his former Self(Sno)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Left_bar_bleue150/150Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Empty
PostSubject: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:12 pm

I walked along the street, cape on and hood up. I, the victor from the last games, was merely a sulking version of myself. The games had that kind of effect on people, the victors became almost as ghostly as the ones they fought. I'd certainly had my fair share of fighting. The ones that had the worst effect were Brook and Milo, they'd been allies, and though I hadn't killed Brook Directly, I was certainly the cause.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Male Posts : 1443
Birthday : 1994-12-20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Left_bar_bleue400/400Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
Character Name:: Brook Shields
Alliance:: Victors

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:08 pm

Abbey Doucett
Ghost of his former Self(Sno) 400_F_25820667_dIv1JmtuX10179MgopRDrfmRar0kPIOs

I was returning "home" from my shift at the paper factory, I had a few new splinters, but they didn't bother me much so long as I made sure to get them out soon enough. I passed by another person on the street. Usually I wouldn't have noticed it. A cloaked figure was not such a big deal around here. What caught my attention was that he wasn't older than me. Not many children I knew of dressed in such attire.

It made me hesitate just a bit, and as he brushed by me, I felt myself come to a standstill gazing after him. I really should get home to treat my hands, but something about him.. I just couldn't place it.

Back to top Go down
https://thehungergamesrp.rpg-board.net
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Left_bar_bleue150/150Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:21 pm

I was almost at the village too, almost, but I felt that I was suddenly being watched, and I'd just passed someone. I glanced back quickly at the girl I'd passed, older than me, taller, but not as conflicted. My face was lit by the late afternoon sun for a few seconds before I turned away. I sped my pace slightly, turning down the path to the Victors Village.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Left_bar_bleue400/400Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Abbey Doucett

"Wait a second.." I just barely said as he began his course again. "Jacob Barker!? Oh my god is that you?!" It was rare enough we had a victor, but the odds of us meeting on the street corner must have been pretty slim to begin with.

"What are you doing way out here?" I asked him. "Surely not just on a stroll?"

Last edited by Sno on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:38 pm

I let my head fall, and then turned around to face this girl. "Nah, had to go buy some stuff" I said, pulling a bag with some stuff in it out from under my cloak to show. "I guess, you're on your way from work?" I say, bearing the conversation.I wasn't myself, obviously, but myself never killed anyone, so I accepted my actions.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:42 pm

Abbey Doucett

"How could you tell?" I asked only half focusing on his words.

Jacob Barker was not the favorite for the Games last year, in fact there was no clear winner, it ended up coming down to him and some guy from district 5, who was later mauled by a whale bear muttation. Anyways, Jacob really brought home the glory for our district so everyone loved him, but no one could seem to find him.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 pm

I half smiled, putting away my bag, "I used to have work hours too, remember?". I pointed at the sun, low in the sky. "Its getting late, we dont work nights". I let my hood fall, because there was really no point in hiding at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Abbey Doucett

"Lot's of people work night shifts" I said "But that doesn't matter."

"Besides you never had to work in the paper factories, really it's much more work than you would think!" I pointed out. I actually couldn't remember EVER seeing him before the reaping. I couldn't say I was exactly expecting him to bring home the gold either. He did not look up to competing with any tributes, especially not the piece of work from 11.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:57 pm

I frowned, "Under 18 they don't, and never in the forest, too dangerous" I say, planning on getting to the point. "So lets get to it, I'm assuming you're going to want to ask me something about the games, right?" I pause, a distracted look on my face, then I refocus on the girl. "Its alright, I get it whenever someone sees me"
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Abbey Doucett

"Well that was my intention" I admit, "Were you scared at all? Who did you fear the most? What was your strategy for winning?"

The questions escape me before I can even think of what I'm saying. I don't even consider the experience might be a bit traumatizing, the guy was only 14 anyways. "Sorry," I say "I'm probably freaking you out huh?"
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:23 am

I let off a smile, first one in months. "Nah, I already lived the arena, questions about it really can't be worse" I pointed this out as calmly as I could."Anyways, scared? Out of my mind. Fear the Most, Probably Milo and the guy from 5" I said, because they'd lasted the longest. "And uh, strategy, survive, and really, be ready to kill people was important, but not really possible."
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:26 am

Abbey Doucett

"You're very vague you know." I chided him. "Though I'm sure you have had enough of being asked anyways."

On what seemed to be a last second thought, "Hey would you like to come to my place for dinner?" I asked "My Dad won't be home until very late anyways, so he won't mind."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 pm

I stopped smiling, thinking over this offer. My home was probably nicer looking, but it wasn't very fun, it was lonely. "Uh, sure, I guess" I said slowly. What harm could it do? I was still visited by some older friends, so it wasn't like I'd completely shut out socialization. Besides, it wasn't like there was a big chance that I'd have to mentor this girl, why be worried, right?
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Abbey Doucett

As I motioned him to continue I decided I may as well value my limited time with our only living victor. "So," I began "Your name gets called, what's the first thing you have going through your mind? What did you think when you saw your competitors? Why did you ally yourself with the other tributes? How did they die? I never got to see and everyone I ask was too solemn about it."

I felt like a jerk asking so many questions, but if I ever went into the arena, and there was a semi-likely chance of that, then I wanted to be prepared for whatever I would face.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:09 am

I looked over at the girl, walking beside her. He'd grown a lot since the games, gaining over twenty pounds thanks to having a lot to eat, and he'd shot up to 5'6", so he wasn't much shorter than her. "Lots of questions" I said, looking forward again. "First thing, well, shock, I guess." I say, honestly, "I really made allies because it was smart, and they died, uh..." my voice dropped off, it was a delicate subject, the people you'd fought with in the arena for survival.

My head dropped down as I continued, "The girl got killed by the district five guy, but we hurt him enough to make him have to run. Her district partner was my other ally, he went berserk and attacked me, so I had to defend myself". That had been the last day in the arena, the five boy had stumbled away from the fight and gotten killed by some muttation, but I'd killed Milo before that happened, and had just caught up to the other tribute when the mutt attacked.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:34 am

Abbey Doucett

I didn't respond. It must be hard for him to carry these memories around. I was certainly in no position to offer him comfort or advice so I just walked with him. Perhaps the unspoken feeling of understanding could be passing through us, who knows.

After another minute of silent walking we arrived at our house. Or, what I call a house. It is by no means a home. Just a regular old building. I let us inside and after closing the door behind us both found words. "Is Bread and Wine ok?" I asked him. While it wasn't exactly legal for us to drink, no one particularly cared. Certainly not my father who just came and went as he needed.

I removed the two hand cleaned glasses from the squeaky cabinet and after pouring two respectable amounts handed him one.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:41 am

"Yeah, thats fine" I said, sitting down at the table in the house. It wasn't a bad place, really. There were a ton of worse houses in the district, it was depressing to walk around town a lot. "So, I take it your worried about the next games, like everyone else?" I ask, watching her get some glasses for the wine.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:45 am

Abbey Doucett

"A little." I admitted "I must have a good 8 or 9 tessare taken out." I shook my head not wanting to think about what would happen if I was reaped.

"Don't you have anyone who's wondering where you are?" I asked casually deflecting the question for the time. "Surely your family will be wondering why you aren't back at your mansion yet." I don't know why. But I sounded spiteful. While I would continually work on a day to day basis, he was set for life without a care in the world. Why should he get off so easy?
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:49 am

"My dad, really, but he knows I wander a lot." I say, this was a really one way question, there was no one else to wonder about me. "Hes the only one living there with me, but he still works" I say, annoyed. I shifted in my seat a bit, "If I had the choice I probably would too, but the capitol doesn't want me getting hurt. Ironic, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:58 am

Abbey Doucett

"It all depends on your interpretation." I replied easily and a bit cooly. "Some would hate you for it, others will praise you."

I moved on. "Any special someone you had your eyes on?" I questioned with raised eyebrows. "Surely a victor must have someone to occupy themselves with in their freetime? No?"
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:04 am

I smiled, "Not really, if you haven't noticed, I haven't been very social since I came home". I left that out there, it really spoke more about me than I could do with an abundance of words. There had been the people from before the games, and then the lack of them after the games. "I only really see some of the people I knew well from before the games, they visit, sometimes, have supper and talk about whats new".
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:11 am

Abbey Doucett

"Like now?" I asked feeling like he was hinting at something. Don't even think about it. He's 14, a victor, and has no time for a silly girl like yourself, you also have work to think about, and your father to support.

I thought about it. I had never actually seen my father in the forest. I didn't even know if thats where he really went anymore, it had been so long since we even talked to each other. I wonder if he even remembered I live here.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:20 am

I laughed, "Usually its people I know pretty well, and they come to my house, and not someone I met on the street a few minutes ago". I pause for a second, then finish, "But other than that, its just like this". I smile, "So if you were to be picked for the games, I'd be your mentor, how would you deal with that?" I asked, taking my turn at asking the touchy questions. "Having a fourteen year old be giving you advice"
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:24 am

Abbey Doucett

"You've been in the situation before, I'm sure you'd know how to handle giving advice" I tell him, yet again turning his question around. "So go on then, if you were to mentor me, what advice would you give? What would I do in training? At the opening bell?" I inquired.

"Or are you going to tell me you won by pure chance?"
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:29 am

I put my elbows on the table, thinking. "Training is pretty easy, train, learn new things as best you can, make allies if you want them" I say. "From the opening bell, depends on if you have allies, if you don't get something close by and get out, if you have allies, get to them and fight for some stuff, get rid of some of the competition if you can". I sighed, "Thats the hard part, after the bell, I can't tell you how to go from there, because we don't know how things go, what biome your in". I figured one of the things that would stick from that is the advice to kill if you could, it was cruel, but it was important. Your first kill got you past a point that could limit you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost of his former Self(Sno)   Ghost of his former Self(Sno) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghost of his former Self(Sno)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next