The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luck only goes so far

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Luck only goes so far Left_bar_bleue1/1Luck only goes so far Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

Luck only goes so far Empty
PostSubject: Luck only goes so far   Luck only goes so far Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Luck only goes so far Tumblr_m936wzuj2x1rv8x1j
I'm running for quite a bit, across the open canyon,seeing nothing in the distance.  I almost don't see the slope start before I'm running down.  Then my momentum carries me down the wrong way and I'm falling.  I curl up in a ball, minimize the damage.  After a pause, I get to my feet, adjusting my robe and checking myself for injuries.  I have nothing major, so I get ready to keep moving. I still have quite a ways down this slope, and it looks promising further on.  But I hear movement above me, so I swing around, holding the sheild at the ready.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Luck only goes so far Left_bar_bleue150/150Luck only goes so far Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luck only goes so far   Luck only goes so far Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Luck only goes so far 5m9g7
Luck only goes so far Tumblr_ma44vbBUDl1rwujvf

Amaya almost lost her footing as the slope became steeper down but caught herself easily. The bread worried her a little, in case it gets crushed and all, even though it shouldn't. She didn't even know why she took the bread over the apples which would've probably lasted longer. She paused for a second to look behind her, panting as she pried open her ears and eyes to see if anyone was following her. But instead, it was in front where she heard a thump to the ground. Amaya quickly turned back and panic risen again. She inched forward on the sand, a hand reaching for the knife again as she slowly raised it up, seeing a boy... a shield, sand? She was confused but it was definitely someone there, with the shield held up in defense. Amaya froze for a second or two before checking their surroundings. Amaya brought both her hands up in vulnerability, whispering to whoever it was, "Are you alone..?" She really wasn't sure what she was doing, or asking. But only minutes into the game and Amaya just didn't want to be alone any more. "I won't do it, if the feelings are mutual," she continued in her soft voice, eyeing for any movement of the ghostly shield.

Amaya's Items:
- 4 Throwing Knives
- 1 Knife
- 1 Loaf of bread
- 1 Bottle of water
- 1 Boxed Package

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Luck only goes so far Left_bar_bleue150/150Luck only goes so far Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Luck only goes so far   Luck only goes so far Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:17 am

A cool breeze blows through, giving the two tributes goosebumps
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Luck only goes so far Left_bar_bleue1/1Luck only goes so far Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Luck only goes so far   Luck only goes so far Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:05 am

I noticed the girl looked confused, staring more at my shield than at me. It takes only a few seconds for me to understand. The robe must be pretty good camouflage. "Yes, I'm alone" I say, moving my shield slightly so she can see my face. "Well then, I won't hurt you either" Then I let the shield drop completely, take a step back to prove she can trust me. As I do, I feel a breeze hits me, giving me the chills. If this is a desert, why is it so cool?
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Luck only goes so far   Luck only goes so far Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Luck only goes so far Tumblr_m9y19314ad1rwujvf

When the shield was lowered, Amaya could see his face much more clearly. He looked about her age, possibly younger. "Okay," she replied and dropped her arms, slipping the knife back under her belt. Amaya kneeled down to rest her legs and she pulled out the bread, resting it on her thighs as she ripped out a small part of her long shirt. "I'm Amaya," she said, tying the bread onto her belt, looking up occasionally to acknowledge the boy's presence. A little breeze flew past them and it shook her body from the sudden coldness. And to think it was just bloody hot awhile ago. "Got anything you wanna scout here? We can do a quick scan around here. It gets really cold at night, and this place gives off a bad vibe to me," Amaya muttered the last part while she got back up to her feet, catching her breath and beginning the scan the area for anything that wasn't sand. Amaya glanced back to the boy, unsure about this new company, but it could work. Better than flying solo.

Amaya's Items:
- 4 Throwing Knives
- 1 Knife
- 1 Loaf of bread
- 1 Bottle of water
- 1 Boxed Package
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Luck only goes so far   Luck only goes so far Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 5:49 pm

The hills obscured the vision of the tributes from their surroundings
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Luck only goes so far   Luck only goes so far Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 9:19 pm

"Cai," I say in response to her introduction, watching her pull out a loaf of bread and attach it to her belt.  I realize all I have is water, though that should hold me for a bit. I look away, not wanting to seem like I'm staring. I take a glance of my surroundings, but I can't really see much.  As Amaya starts talking about scouting, I'm shaking my head.  "No, there doesn't seem to be much around here.  I've got a bad feeling too, it might be better to move on" I say, worried about the night that was fast approaching.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Luck only goes so far   Luck only goes so far Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 am

Luck only goes so far Tumblr_m9y158UiFc1rwujvf

Amaya smiled and lifted a hand in good gesture. She wasn't even gonna bring up the fact that the rest of his body seemed in and out of it, as if he tripped and fell into invisibility paint. She tugged and tightened her pony tail before making sure all her things were secure in place. She nodded as Cai disagreed to scouting here. "That's true, alright, let's get steppin'." She pulled out the knife before realising that all he had was a shield. She held out one of the throwing knives by the spine and passed the handle into his hand, "...Here, you should hold on to this first." Amaya looked up to him and grinned. It was at least something to prove for their small truce at this point in time. She made one last sweep across the sand and hills before making a move from this place. As she walked, she wondered if anyone was still by the Cornucopia, alive that is. Amaya dismissed the thought and continued on behind Cai, keeping her ears peeled, listening amongst the wind.

Amaya has left the area.

Amaya's Items:
- 3 Throwing Knives
- 1 Knife
- 1 Loaf of bread
- 1 Bottle of water
- 1 Boxed Package
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Luck only goes so far   Luck only goes so far Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Shadows moved in as Amaya left, leaving Cai in an ominous area.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Luck only goes so far   Luck only goes so far Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:24 pm

At first, I don't understand why she's giving me the weapon, but then I realize all I have is a shield.  It served me well at the bloodbath, but I was panicking then, and I don't know how I'll fair in a different situation."Thanks," I say, returning the smile. accepting the weapon even though I have no real idea how to use it.  I hesitate for a bit, wondering if there's anything I'm missing here.  But as I do so, I see shadows creeping in from the setting sun, and I feel a sudden urge to sprint as far away as I can.  What are you, afraid of the dark? I think, calming myself and leaving the shadows behind at a pleasant walking speed.
Cai has left the area
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luck only goes so far   Luck only goes so far Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luck only goes so far
Page 1 of 1