The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The big question

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The big question - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150The big question - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

The big question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The big question   The big question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:03 am

The big question - Page 2 Tumblr_m2tdhsxjL51qaiasao1_500
The big question - Page 2 Rheanamebanner
---District 5 Mentor---Female---22---

Rhea sat down again as Chase made his way back into the room with her. He seemed concerned and nervous to hear she had news, but with everything that had happened in the past with the games and everything news usually meant something bad, usually. Rhea just smiled, trying to seem comforting and trying to ease Chase into the news she was about to give him, even though it was very good news and something he had probably been waiting to hear. "Don't worry, it isn't bad. At least I don't think it is bad news. So I know we have been talking about kids and stuff recently and well..." Rhea took a moment to collect her thoughts, but then finally spit it out. "Well I'm pregnant." She smiled, hoping Chase would take the news well. She assumed he would but you never know, it was very shocking news after all.

Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Female Posts : 1194
Birthday : 1997-08-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The big question - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150The big question - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name:: Nixon Harley

PostSubject: Re: The big question   The big question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:35 pm

The big question - Page 2 Download.php?text=Chase%20Tobias&name=Simply%20Glamorous

The big question - Page 2 Tumblr_mnqqoo6r0K1rgdh98o1_500

A bit of relief came to Chase's face when Rhea smiled. He knew whatever it was, it couldn't be too bad judging by the look on her face. "Alright, I'm ready to hear it."  Nothing could really prepare him for the shocking news he was about to hear. Rhea told him she didn't think it was bad news, which lifted a weight off of Chase's shoulders. But once she mentioned how they had been talking about kids, Chase froze. Already...? No, it couldn't be. They didn't really... Oh shit. Once Rhea had said it, Chase's suspicions had been confirmed. Chase was going to be a father. Rhea was pregnant. At first, Chase was shocked. You could tell by the look on his face. He was absolutely speechless. "That's not good news Rhea." Chase looked at her. "That's amazing news." Chase picked her up and twirled her around. His face glowed in a way it hadn't since their wedding day. Chase set Rhea back down and kissed her. "You're gonna be an incredible mother."
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The big question   The big question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:49 am

The big question - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mhvilevOrV1qz4rgp

Rhea was so glad that Chase was happy and so it in turn made her emotions match up with his. But in the back of her mind she couldn't help but feel a little bad, especially at the comment at what a great mother she would be. Although it had been a few years and most of the the really bad days after the games had gone away it didn't mean they were completely erased from her memories. She still had the occasional nightmare and while she didn't see the faces of those who died all the time they did make their appearances in her dreams. She remembered how hard it was every year while her and Roe were eligible and while she knew that now she was never going to be picked again, any children she would have would still be put into the drawing and had a chance to be reaped. Hell, that would be considered dramatic and something to see. Being a victor didn't spare any children she had, it only meant they had a more luxurious upbringing then she herself had. At least when she was younger she could raise her hand and take someone's place. For any of the children she had with Chase, that would not be an option and what made it worse was that there was a possibility that she would have to be their mentor.

The thought made her shudder but she just tried to push it to the back of her mind as she kissed Chase in celebration of the news. She couldn't totally forget the fact that the games were still a very real thing, even though she knew now she was safe from going in again, but she could simply ignore it for the time being. But she knew as soon as she her children turned 12 she would have to go to that square and watch anxiously for the names to be drawn and know that that time there would be nothing she could do to spare them the same pain she went through during her own time in the arena. Rhea didn't want Chase to know this though, so she just put on her best smile and tried to seem as excited as he was and just tried to match his energy. "Well, you're going to be a great father. Which is crazy to think about. You? A father? I almost wouldn't believe it if I wasn't the one pregnant here. And I mean, I'm guessing you are the father." Rhea winked playfully towards him. Of course she knew he was the father, there were no doubts about that but it was still fun to mess with him either way.

Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The big question   The big question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:47 pm

The big question - Page 2 Download.php?text=Chase%20Tobias&name=Simply%20Glamorous

The big question - Page 2 Tumblr_m4dtvqTGs21qanpzp

Chase couldn't help but notice that Rhea almost seemed a bit upset. Chase was puzzled as to how she could possibly be upset in such a happy moment. Ask her, dumbass. Chase almost growled when he heard the unwelcome return of the voice. Chase wouldn't ask her about why she was down right now. He knew he'd get an opportunity later. Right now he was still a bit lightheaded from the news of Rhea's pregnancy.

Chase laughed when Rhea joked about him being a father. He was glad they both had a sense of humor, but then again, Chase wouldn't marry somebody without one. "I know right? Crazy! Me, a freaking father? That's insane." Chase loved joking around with Rhea. "And just saying, we both know that I'm definitely the father." Chase winked after his sentence. Although, Chase did have one big concern for the child. He would be torn if he found out his kid had the voice in their head too. Chase knew it was some sort of disorder, maybe even a disease, that could never really be cured. It worried him that the kid may be just like him and have it. After all, this thing was half his gene pool. "It's getting late." Chase looked at his watch. It was almost midnight, Chase had come home late. "We could go up to bed.... Or if you'd like, we can sit outside for a bit."
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The big question   The big question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:04 am

The big question - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mhvgs75X9F1qz4rgp

Rhea just laughed at Chase's comment. She loved just messing around with him, it was one reason why she loved him after all. "Honestly, I'm not sure. I mean it really could be almost anyone's child." Rhea chuckled a little as she looked to the ground for a moment. She lifted her head back up to look at him, this time right in his very blue eyes. "Don't worry. You are the father. And a great one at that." Rhea looked down to her stomach and held it. There wasn't a bump or anything there but she knew in a few months time there would be, but already there was a small little person growing in her that would be born and would rely on her for its protection. The last time she was charged with protecting someone it didn't go so well. So she could only hope that this went a lot better....

Chase suggested going outside and Rhea nodded her head. She wasn't very tired yet and she still had stuff on her mind. Like the look Chase had on his face just a few minutes ago after she told him everything. Plus it was a nice night and she felt like feeling the cool breeze on her face. Rhea followed Chase out the door onto the front porch of their house, sitting down on one of the steps next to him. "So is it just me or are you scared a little too?" She looked over to him, waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The big question   The big question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:58 am

The big question - Page 2 Tumblr_m4dtxz4IUm1qanpzp

Chase laughed when Rhea said it could be anyone's baby. "Damn, you're right. I shouldn't have just assumed it was mine. No way in hell it could be mine." Chase smiled as Rhea's head came back up and started into his eyes. Chase looked down smiling when Rhea said he would be a great father. "I sure hope so." It was crazy to think he created another person that would soon be living. It almost seemed impossible to a sense, but Chase knew how it worked.

Chase had hoped Rhea would choose to go outside, as he wasn't really all that tired and had a few things he needed to talk about before bed. Chase walked out the front door which led to their porch. He walked over to the steps by the front of the porch and took a seat. He saw that Rhea soon followed. It was silent for a moment, then Rhea asked if Chase was scared a little too. Chase thought it over in his head. "Honestly, I'm not scared." Chase sighed. "I'm terrified. Of course I'm really excited and happy... But I'm terrified too." Chase knew that Rhea knew about the voice in his head, he had told her about it a while ago. "I don't want my kids be crazy like me. I have somebody living in my head, I don't want them to be the same way. It's not fair. I don't want them to suffer like I do. Being criticized on every word or action by some creature in their head." Chase took a deep breath after saying what was on his mind. "I want them to have the life I never had." Chase meant it.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The big question   The big question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 5:08 am

The big question - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mhvis6eMdr1qz4rgp
The big question - Page 2 Rhea_n10

Rhea just looked at Chase, understanding exactly what he meant, but wanting to comfort him and get him over his doubts. She knew that she couldn't relate when it came to passing down anything to her children as she was relatively healthy. Her only problems now were the emotional damages from her time in the games. Her fears manifested from those experiences and that was something she didn't want for the child that she and Chase were going to bring into the world. "Don't worry Chase. Our child won't have the same life you had because we will both be there to love it and take care of it. And so what if it has a voice in its head or whatever, we will love it either way no matter what. Besides, you turned out ok. You ended up married to a good looking victor like myself, so you couldn't have done too bad in life right? Even with some voice in your head all the time." Rhea leaned her head against his shoulder, feeling the warm breeze hit against her skin as they sat there in the night. It was so peaceful and quiet now that the day had ended and most people were in bed, though the victor village stayed pretty quiet all the time. There were only a few families that lived here, including herself, and most of them kept to themselves anyways. "The games are what scare me honestly. It was hard when you and Roe were eligible and I had to sit and wait by, knowing I couldn't do anything to save you if you were picked. Just because I won doesn't mean my family is safe. And if they did get picked...what then? I would have to watch them from the Capitol and mentor them. That's not what you teach you children, you are supposed to give them advice on life and living, not on killing." Rhea honestly thought she was over this stuff now, but these fears only seemed to surface at the prospect of more people to protect.

Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The big question   The big question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:52 am

The big question - Page 2 Tumblr_m4dsv6O8NP1qanpzp

Chase smiled as Rhea spoke to him. It was true, their children sure as hell wouldn't have Chase's childhood. He'd never touch try to hurt them ever. And all he had wanted when he was younger was to be loved. "I guess I did turn out okay." Chase took Rhea's hand in his and looked into her eyes. It was scary, knowing that they'd have to take care of a their own child. But it was exciting too, knowing that the two of them would soon have a family with many adventures to come. Rhea started talking about her worries, which involved the games. She talked about how she didn't want their child to experience the horrors of the games, and Chase agreed. If any of their children were reaped, Chase would be torn. Chase couldn't relate to having been through the games, but the games were definitely something he didn't want their children going through. "It's normal to be worried... I mean, who wouldn't be? And I know it's even more scary to think about considering you're a victor, but we knew before we tried that the reapings would be a risk to any kid. But I mean, I never got reaped... We can just hope for the best." Chase shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The big question   The big question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:47 pm

The big question - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mhvis6eMdr1qz4rgp
The big question - Page 2 Rhea_n10

Rhea just shrugged. She knew Chase was right at the end of the day and it was something they had discussed. But it still didn't push the thought from her mind, even though she wanted it to be gone. All she could hope for now though was that her children would get lucky, that their names would never be pulled and they would never have to see the inside of an arena ever. "You're right. It's always going to be a risk but all we can do is hope for the best." Rhea gripped her hand in his and smiled slightly as she looked into his eyes. "In a couple of months we are going to be parents. That's....so crazy to think about. So much to decide like names and all of that. Pretty overwhelming, huh?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The big question   The big question - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The big question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2