The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are you behind me?

Go down 
+8
Dicemaster
Cowvus
Sorella
Chiiyoko
Kira
Pibbles
Loki
The Rev
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue150/150Are you behind me? - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Are you behind me? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:09 am

Are you behind me? - Page 7 OmDFShQ
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Tumblr_inline_mgxl56dmRf1ret15b

Kaius shrugged, tired as he was. "Easy for you to say," he whispered to himself as he continued his pants for air. He stared at her as she plucked things off the dead bodies, something he should be doing too, but she already cleared them all. She looked better than ever, already preparing for another possible battle. Kaius for a change, couldn't care less at that moment, mind all begging for a rest, a rest for a long long time. He pulled out one of his own apples and started munching on them. The fatigue was quite overwhelming from it all, if he closed his eyes, he'll probably never open them ever again. He was too tired to even think of things at the moment. Miraculously, his numbing hunger pains finally decided to settle down and sit in the corner of his stomach, occasionally clawing for more food.

He looked to his weapons as he cringe from the blood on them. Not because they were scientifically from a human's body that helps circulation of oxygen and vitamins, but because they belonged to someone, people who was just living not more than an hour ago. Kaius ripped of the sleeve of his cow suit and cleaned his knives off from the blood, but it didn't wash any blood off his hands nor the guilt out of his mind. They continued in that in room in silence, not really sure what to say. There were no instructions in the games, what were they suppose to know? For all they know they could sit here till they die, or they could very well be the last two. or they could very well just be two of twelve who were still alive. Kaius haven't been paying attention to the canon booms when they all came together at one shot. Tossing the bloodied rag aside he continued to stare at the room, the ceilings, the wall, Lupa, anything but Valerie. Anything to think of before the emotions took over again. Hie breathing seemed to have settled down to a quiet, heavy breathing, body still crying for more oxygen after the tedious battle. As much as he hated and as much as he wanted to whine for a break, Lupa was right about people dropping by again. "Tell me when the Spice Girls show up too yeah?" Kaius smiled as he rubbed his temples, thumping loudly in his head as his heart desperately sent oxygen to the rest of his body. He stood up but almost fell over before his took the wall for support, causing his vision to go trippy, after sitting for a little while from all the exhaustion.

Kaius' Items:
- 2 knives
- 1 apple
- 1 rope
- 1 throwing knife
- 1 water bottle

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Mon May 27, 2013 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue150/150Are you behind me? - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:55 am

Soon after waiting it was apparent that they were the only two that were in the room, no one was getting in or out until there was one person left. Whispers about this filled the room.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/1Are you behind me? - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:34 pm

I didn't say anything as Kaius stumbled around. He was really falling apart, inside and out. I had never really felt bad about killing the other tributes, I always knew that they were all going to die if I survived, so I never thought of them as people. To me, even Kaius had just been a resource I could use to increase my chance of winning. But to him, it was different, or so it seemed; each lost life seemed to be weighing on his mind. It was sad to watch him, so I was almost glad when the room began to whisper things.

The only way out of the room was to kill Kaius. And I was certain that if I didn't turn on him, the gamemakers would be merciless with their mutts. Quietly, slowly, I stepped towards him. "Thank you for everything you've done, but I have to do the rest on my own" I say as I approach him. He was weak now, I knew I could take him on. My attack was fast, my weapon flashed out and then I was gone, out of close range. From my distance, I looked at him, unapologetic. "Say what you want, but I'm going to survive. That's all I've ever done, and that's all I'll ever do."

Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Attack(9) :
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Arrow-19
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Are you behind me? - Page 7 Create.php?text=Kaius%20Hughe&name=FREEBSC_
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Tumblr_inline_mgxl56dmRf1ret15b

He was already too tired to deal with things. All he needed was to close his eyes, to rest. The whispers almost sounded hallucinated when he stopped thinking. The distinct line between what was real and what was not was blurred and no longer mattered really. All he knew was that he was the one who'd be dead. Against the scientific odds, he'd be the one to give in. Kaius could hear Lupa coming up from behind, turning his head before quickly pivoting around upon seeing the glimmer of the sword raising to him, right through his chest. He dropped his knives in the most pathetic attempt to block the sword with his bare hands. His sub-conciousness was still working to keep the pitiful body alive while his conscious mind couldn't beg more for a break. A long, long, break.

His hands trembles as they clutched onto the blade of Lupa's sword, in weak attempts of pushing them back, away from him. if they weren't dirtied by the blood of others, they were now, by his own. "You're such an asshole you know that?" Kaius almost managed to choke out a laugh but the smile on his face didn't match the fear in his eyes. Fear of what really? Death? He knew it was coming but it didn't really hit him about what would happen when it did. "But that's the only thing keeping you alive," Kaius continued smiling towards her, knowing fully well that he was just a worthless contraption, ready to be thrown out when broken and not in use, just like every other contraptions in the world. He knew he had always been the useless one, it's a miracle he wasn't dead by the first ten minutes after Val and him part ways.

Kaius' Items:
- 2 knives
- 1 apple
- 1 rope
- 1 water bottle
- 1 throwing knife

Chiiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Block(3) :
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Ineffective
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:04 pm

No change
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/1Are you behind me? - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:55 pm

He wasn't fighting back. I was ready for anything but that. I took a breath and steeled my nerves, but hesitated. Another breath, and I plunged my sword back into Kaius, hoping it would end then.

Are you behind me? - Page 7 Arrow-16
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Are you behind me? - Page 7 Tumblr_inline_mgxmsz7hAo1ret15b

The stabs escalated the pain to the point of numbing but all Kaius could think of was not being able to do what he came to do; to have done something if he was given another chance, to save someone else in return of not saving his best friend. He reflexes still took over as he tried to stagger backwards, away from the stained, bladed weapon, hands continued to grab hold of it, not wanting it to end just yet, afraid of more pain, afraid of death. Kaius' smile faltered to a blank stare, mind suddenly churning back on and thinking about what he could think of, as if it knew it was probably his last chance. What would happen after this? What if Lupa was still trapped in here afterall? Traps thrown at her, tortured to no end in the viewing pleasure of the people. He thought of every possible bad ending to this, but that ruthlessness in her convinced him otherwise. "It's great to not care so much huh?" He started to talk. Humans are weird, when they're life are about to end, they grasp on to every freaking opportunity to frantically do what they want to do. He used to be somewhat like her, where others who were not logically needed or collaborated were of no priority to him. His care for them was microscopic unless he needs to. It was certainly easier to live life 'alone', to not feel for anyone, to just make sure you're good to go and leave the rest to sort out their own problems. But then life wouldn't have felt as fulfilling then it should have been. "It's one of the best ways to ensure a ticket outta here alive with a success rate of 57% ish. Yet it's not as easy as it deems to be done." Kaius mumbled on and on, of no importance in his words but he knew in between the wall of words, "glad you're those who can." His knees no longer supported him as he fell onto them, grateful for the floor for rest. Even if he wanted to, he didn't have the strength to grab the knives on the ground as he eyelids grew heavier every second, wanting to just pass out.

Kaius' Items:
- 2 knives
- 1 apples
- 1 rope
- 1 throwing knife
- 1 water bottle

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Mon May 27, 2013 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:26 pm

No change
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:34 pm

I sigh as he keeps struggling to live. Why does he have to make himself suffer more pain by continuing to live? And to make it worse, he keeps talking to me, saying something about 57% chance of survival, and I see more facts hidden behind the fear in his face. I can’t think like he does, with facts and percentages; I have to think with cold hard reason and sense. I stab again, hoping it’s the end. “When you get to the other side, tell Valerie ‘thanks’ for me, okay?” I say, finally remembering the girl’s name. She had helped me and Kaius in the earlier fight, and lost her life in that battle, so maybe if he saw her in the afterlife, he could at least tell her that I survived and wanted to thank her.
(Had to edit cause code didn't work, then had to edit again because I forgot to add this message. Original roll was Arm Hit -15)
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Arrow-12

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Are you behind me? - Page 7 Tumblr_inline_mgxl2zKcHf1ret15b

Kaius was already on his knees before Lupa, body bending over as he wheezed for air. Barely hearing much as his mind started shutting down, leaving only the dull hummer of the dying engine inside. He vaguely hear her voice, something so out of place. He never heard much of her talk in the past, not until now. "In return, after you get out of here, don't be too be big of an ass to others, never know when you'll need it," Kaius made little sense, only thinking about how much his best friend had helped him. How much they all had helped him, yet he was useless in repaying any of it. "And don't just survive all your life. Stop for a little while and enjoy the beauty around you for a minute or three," he stare into her eyes, his last having more meaning than the previous sentence. The sickening blade finally did him in. And soon he knew that he'll join the rest of the pile here, cold and alone. People were born alone, people would die alone. It was weird. "I promise that it'll be worth it," Kaius couldn't hold his gaze any longer as even his bloodied hands fell to the ground. His body and mind screamed for it to be over, but his heart couldn't bear to do it, to just drop everything in life and leave without a trace.

How much longer did he have? Seconds? Minutes? None? The desperation to the sudden need to change so much started growing as the time ticked off. Kaius head hung loosely down, body already losing the will to even hold itself up. That was it. No matter how hard he tried, the outcome would be this way with humans. Humans really are such an enigma, he smiled to himself. At this very moment, there'd would people who were crying, people who were rejoicing and people who were numb. They're all so different, so unpredictable. That was what made them so amazing. Even at the brink of death, Kaius never did find out the answer to the Human's mind and feelings. He just came to the conclusion that not everything has answers. Because some just aren't meant to have them. But soon, Kaius had the courage to let himself slip to sleep, for a long, long, long slumber. The rest finally overcame him and it was all he could be thankful for. The thirst, the hunger, the pain, they were all gone in an instant and at the end, it was just peace with a slab of guilt. Kaius would never get over it, and maybe his death would've been his repayment for what others had done for him. With that plausible lie to himself, his exhausted eyes shut. And never did they open again.

Rest in peace Kaius Hughe, you're such a wet blanket, but you know that you had that sliver of hope in you. I had a blast being in your footsteps and even if they came to an end, you'll always be remembered as that adorable Kaius in that cow suit. <3

Are you behind me? - Page 7 Tumblr_mjd7hbA4KT1s5781fo1_400
Kaius, out. Forever.

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Mon May 27, 2013 12:09 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Cause Kaius deserved a better and proper death post than just a sloppy post rushed for the sake of posting <3)
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:38 pm

The canon sounded off signaling Kaius' death, now it was the final two, all or nothing.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:52 pm

"Agreed" I say to Kaius's last words, though I don't quite understand exactly what he means. I wait until the canon goes off to pull my sword from his body. I take his water bottle, apple, and one of his knives and put them in my bag, moving away from his body as I do so. Then I take out my own water and take a few sips, then I eat a few crackers, followed by a little more of my water. When I'm done with all that, I take out my med kit and re-address my old wound. It's been a while since I looked at it, but it's healing nicely, I just need to make sure I don't get infection, so I apply an antibiotic. Then I put the kit away.

Once I'm done housekeeping, I look for cracks in the stone or any sign of a door. I also look above, to see if my next enemy will show up. There's been no victory announcement, so there must be other tributes out there. And if I'm right in my count, I made it to the final two. For a moment, I let my mind wander back home. I wonder how Storm and Mom are doing without me. I realize now that their hopes might be high for me coming home. That means that I'll have to win. For them.

Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Heal(Other) :
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Lupa's medkit was now all ran out of and soon the ground started to shake and she could feel it, she fell backwards and hit her head on the wall, it made her head bleed a bit but it was nothing serious or fatal.

Sorella carried out 1 launched of one TRAP :
Are you behind me? - Page 7 51922399
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:38 pm

I was distracted with my thoughts for one moment, an the next, it cost me. I noticed the ground start to shake, but before I could steady myself, I fell backwards. I was up in a split second, reaching back to feel my head wound. It wasn't to bad, but I pulled out my kit anyway, only to find I had used up everything inside. I tossed the empty kit to the side, no use for it now. Then I readied my sword, expecting something else to appear.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Male Posts : 704
Birthday : 1993-01-14

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:44 pm

I landed hard feet first, but the momentum of the fall knocked me onto my knees. I was in another room, deep under the earth. I stood up and brushed myself clean. I turned around to get a full look at the room, when I saw another tribute. It was a girl, she seemed only a few years older than myself. I pulled out my knives and readied them in case she tried to attack me. "How many of you are there?" I asked figuring that she would not be alone.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:46 pm

No change
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:52 pm

I hear a thump, seeing my final enemy land before me. He's too far away for a close range attack, and I won't move any closer. As He's taking in his surroundings, I edge towards Kaius's body and pick up a throwing knife. As my opponent says something, I hurl the knife across the room at him. I've never used a throwing knife before, but I think I'll end up using the sword in a moment anyway. I immediatley move from my position, in case a retaliation is already on it's way to me. "Why don't you wait and see," I say in response to his question.

Are you behind me? - Page 7 Arrow-14
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:58 pm

I ducked instinctively as she picked up a knife and threw it at me. It hit the wall beside me, and fell to the ground. Quickly I picked it up, I was much more accurate with throwing knives than any other weapon I saw scattered all around the floor. There were also several dead bodies, I did a quick count and realized that we were the last two. I turned my attention back to the girl, she was already coming towards me with sword in hand. I hurled the knife back towards her, aiming for her head.

Prince Hawk carried out 1 launched of one Attack(7) :
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Arrow-19
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:01 pm

No change
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Surprisingly, he doesn't keep talking. I come at him, but not in a straight line. I weave around, hoping to confuse him. When he throws his knife, I'm already out of the way. Actually, I'm right next to him, pulling my sword along as I try to slash his throwing arm. Then I retreat in the same fashion, so as to continue to confuse him.
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Arrow-17
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:08 pm

My knife missed, and fell to the floor on the other side of the room. The girl slashed at my arm with her sword, and I tried to parry the attack with my knives. She then started to retreat, moving from side to side. I stepped forward, and at the same time hurled a second knife at her chest. I dashed across the room, in an attempt to retrieve the first knife I had thrown.

Prince Hawk carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Are you behind me? - Page 7 Blockedc

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:11 pm

No change
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:17 pm

By the time he had dodged and thrown his next knife, I was already moving back towards him, so I saw the knife and was able to side-step. Then I sprinted across the room, hoping to intercept him as he went for the other knife. I caught up and slashed at him again in an attempt to at least slow him down so I could get further ahead and keep the knife from his grasp.

Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Before I could reach the knife, I was intercepted by the girl. She slashed at my legs, and I blocked the attack with my knife. I the jabbed it towards her torso, and arms. I then side stepped her, and scooped up the knife. I moved back a few steps, out of her reach and giving me range to attack again.

Prince Hawk carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :

Are you behind me? - Page 7 Arrow-12
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:29 pm

No change
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you behind me?   Are you behind me? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you behind me?
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 32nd Hunger Games :: 32nd Arena :: Underground Floor :: Small Rooms-
Jump to: