The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A book in progress

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zesker

Zesker

Male Posts : 239

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
A book in progress  Left_bar_bleue0/150A book in progress  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Luke Stevenson
Alliance:: None

A book in progress  Empty
PostSubject: A book in progress    A book in progress  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:04 pm

The night was dark and still mild from the heat of the day. The legion was silently making its way to the camp of the northern men. “Strike swiftly and silently” said a masked and armoured figure. They reached the camp and made their way to the tents of the northern warriors. The time was right and the men were ready to strike. They slashed and hacked silently but others were awoken by the sound of weapons piercing flesh and armor. “Men at the ready were under attack”! Yelled martin the guild master of the northern kingdoms. The northern warriors scrambled to get their armor and weapons. The northern priests were praying and blessing their gods to help them get a sworn victory. The Legion was heavily armourd with heavy swords and many assortments of melee weapons,
The northern warriors had a tight rank of mixed men ready for battle.
You had axe men with the swords men and the spear men with the archers.
The legion laughed at the pathetic men with their weak organization.
Then a great rumbling made all of the men look towards the forbidden South as the ground trembled under their feet as an unknown army approached the men. The air smelled with an un-natrul smell only from the most feard animals did it come from. The Orc's the mighty forges and warriors approached them they all put aside the fight and got in battle lines as the enemy of men,elves,dwarfs, and half lings came to destroy the nearest kingdom of the north. “HOLD THE LINES” yelled the masked man. “Show no mercy for you shall receive none”! He yelled and they all
tightend their grips on their spears,swords, and bows. “RAAAAAAWN”
one of the orcs let out a battle cry and they charged into the men.
The battle waged for hours eventually the men had to retreat towards the
Kingdom of the North. They must reach it alive or all is lost in the valley.

“Father why can't I come to the army with you” Questioned Hammly. “Because Ham the war is no place for you besides you need to stay here and take care of the crops and animals”. Replied his father. They live in a small mud/wood house in the out skirts of the Northern Kingdom. The army had come back with few men that was sent out a week before. What was more curious was that a group of other fighters came. They were a group called The Legion only because they went out in legions from their home kingdom. They were the most savage fighters in the western area.
They were silent in the night and loud and mighty in the heat of battle in the mid day. “ But father please I want to help the armies” He begged with a puppy dog sad face. “Hammly for the last time no, I need you here to take care of things while I’m gone.. OK”? His father replied.
In the distance they heard the sound of orc horns blowing as a sighn of a charge into the kingdom. “EVERY WOMAN AND CHILD INTO THE CASTLE”! Yelled the commanding chief of the army. As the mixer of women and children hustled into the castle the orc's stormed across the
plain's. We were all situated in the the main hall. Outside raged a mighty battle were many men were falling by the hand of the orc's. BOOM the door crashed down and the legion burs ted in. “Everyone out the secret tunnle we must leave now or the orc's will kill us all” Said a masked man. The strange thing of the legion men was that they covered their faces with a mask of metal. We were interrupted by a man with arrows gruesomely hanging from his darkened flesh and blood soaked body. “Ha-a-a-mly....
i-i wont make i*”. My father was dead before my eyes then as if on cue orc's stormed the room in a mighty group. “Help”! Screamed a kid being dragged away into the darkness. I ran into the tunnle and never looked back until I made it to the out side fort from the tunnel, I looked around and saw fire coming from the kingdom and village. I sat down right there taking all of it in everyone is dead and I'm alone they will find me sooner or later. Hammly awoke to the sound of men shouting and shaking him. The legion made it out with a few of our men. “ Kid get up now, the orc's are gaining on us quickly” Said the masked man wait he didn't have his mask on it looks as if it was lost in battle. He had a hard face with many scars from countless battles. “kid come on or were all dead” He said but this time in a angry voice that meant if I didn't budge I was lunch for the orc's.
We trudged along the barren plain of the west leaving behind my only home with fire rising from the kingdom. We had made it safely out of the border of the northern kingdom. We were headed towards the legions kingdom witch no one had come back to tell the stories of it and the battle between the armies. “Alright who here knows how to make a fire and cook up a decent meal”? Asked the legion leader. “I do I’ve made many dishes for my family” I reply shyly. “good that means you're worth something to us” He replied plainly. “Whats your name sir” I asked in a quite voice.
“My name is Houwl Hampkin General of this legion right here” He said with much pride. “Now for you're name Boy would be appreciated” He said kindly. “Hammly Portol sir I am a farmers boy who has no one left but this group” I replied in honesty. He looked at me then turned towards the men and had a chat with them for a while. I sat down starting to make a fire place with the spare stones I could find around me. Houwl came up to me and and sat opposite of me. “So you have no more family at all”? He asked questioningly. “No sir my mum died at birth and all grandparents died of age... my father died in the battle and died in the doorway” I say and try to hide the pain inside me. “Well it seems I have decided that you are now adopted by me and you will be trained as a legion member how's that”? He asked with a smile on his face hoping to make me happy or at least excited about all of this happening out of sheer luck. “Oh thanks for doing that but what happened in battle... why did the orc's get through the army”? I asked in wonder. He stared at me in confusion”Why the hell would you want to know what happen in a battle against men and orc's”? He asked bewildered. “Because you're The Legion you're the best fighters in the Western kingdom and that's why I want to know” I said a little bit harsh.
“Well let's see here we were out numbered and two we weren't prepared
for this attack we only hoped to hold off the army for a short time while everyone else escaped”. He answered plainly. “Not even the Legion like us can defeat an entire army of orc's with little numbers”. He explained.
Hammly traveled farther than he has ever been for the first time in his life. He had seen many other villages that knew this legion of men and who they were. He never knew how kind they were until now because he grew up hearing how savage they were and how they showed no mercy.
They did show mercy but every one chose death over their mercy it was painful for them to hear that so then they decided to attack the northern men at there camp in the midst of night without a sound. But the orc's had the same idea as the Legion did. “The orc's had a cave troll with them actually they had tons but they were farther in the ranks they had 1 up front because they wanted to make quick work of us, and they had archers in the first rank so they took out almost all of the men we made it into the main room in time to warn the people but they were too slow to react to the pain of losing family so they were slaughtered before us and we had to escape before we were next in line of arrows coming our way” He finished.
After that conversation we headed west towards the Legion and hopeful that the orc's haven't made it that far yet but only to the dwarfs that would keep them busy until they got the army suited and moved out for battle.
Why hadn't their last Legion come back yet? Why haven't our reinforcements come to our aid in this battle? They should know that the orc's wont stop at us only when man has been depleted from this world.
The time of the legion is almost up our way of fighting is the only way to stay alive in this war hopefully the men we had sent out will come back as one to help diminish this orc army at the step of our door.
“come on we have no more than 3 miles until we reach the old Legion Tavern and meet up with everyone and then from there we'll see what to happen of the orc's” Said Houwl. I looked up exhausted from the journey yesterday and lack of sleep fearing the orc's were hot on our trails.
The Tavern of Legion's was old looking. It had many cracks and broken areas Houwl said not to be fooled by the outside of the beast.
“This here is Legion's Tavern I hope its cozy after what happened...
well ill be talking to the others and get back to you” He said then joined his comrades and other friends. The inside was spacey but smelled like horse manure and old clothing that hasn't been washed since the beginning of time. The stairs creaked under my weight but fortunately it held my weight.
“The orc's are over 30,000 strong there is no way we can just wipe them out like last time this time there ready for us and trust me their a lot smarter also” Houwl explained to the other Legion Leaders. “But what about their amour and weapons”? Asked Yauol second in command of the 6th legion. Apparently The Leader was killed in an ambush of goblins.
“Yauol what happened to Tuara you're leader”? Houwl asked.
It took Yauol a little bit to respond carefully to the question at hand.
“Goblins sir.... the nasty faggot's ambushed us at Turners Bend” He answered in truth. “Who else was killed in the ambush Yauol”? He questioned again. This time he changed to subject of the matter.
“Where are the orc's headed now”?
“Their already at our gates by now”
“Impossible”! Said Samuel
“No by the rate they took over the northern kingdom they already had troops in positioned to head straight to our home land” Said Houwl
bitterly. “This is a disaster were not going to make it in time all's lost they've probably already breached the inner wall's and killed half the remaining men their our brothers are dead you know it....” Yauol said in grief. 'If you think like that again I’ll stick this spear through your stomach until you bleed out like a pig” Said Houwl. “As you wish Leader” He said then sulked off into the darkness. “Keep an eye on him Jaouwl he seems off today” in response Jaouwl nodded without a noise and followed Yauol to his room. Later that night Houwl asked everyone that escaped from the Northern kingdom to the big hall for a meeting. “Now the orc's have made it to the gates of Legion we must make a two day journey there and defeat the orc's before they breach the walls” Houwl said plainly. “So we just walk over to the west and kick the orc's out just like that”? Asked Maouwl The general of the northern Army. “Well now lets see what other options we have we can either get some of the other army's to join us then help Legion's home land or go now and fend them off then recruit” Stated Houwl in a distaste towards the mans question. “I rather let legion fall”
“And let all hope be lost? Let you're fighting techniques lose us the battle?
I don't think so we have a more stable fighting method than you because we train more and we have discipline”He yelled back at Maouwl. Everyone pointed weapons at the opposite army. But of course Legion outnumbered them by at least hundred and fifty. Finally someone became the bigger man and agreed on the plan about going to Legion. “So when shall I ready the horses Sir”? Asked Hammly from the shadows. Houwl was surprised by Hammly's voice. “By the crack of dawn we leave so the sooner they are ready the better now off to bed with everyone we have a long journey ahead of us” He said and everyone hit the sacks and had their last share of Ale.
The morning was brisk and cold like an icicle piercing you're skin.
Everyone was in attack formation and ready to start the journey to the west. “March”! Yelled Houwl he was dressed in his commander’s armour
with his battle shield in his left hand his spear attached on his horses side and battle sword on his belt. The great journey to unite men of men and defeat the darkness that made the orc's. We headed to the border of the Rolling Plains and on the edge of the Wisping Woods that held many dangerous creatures enhanced by the darkness covered Woods.
“Alright everyone into positions Hammly on my right stay close you never know what's in there” Houwl said in a stern voice. Everyone shouted and yelled they were ready to advance into the mysterious woods.
“Sir what will happen in there we used to hear stories that whoever goes in doesn't come out at all” I said I tried not to have fear but I could feel eye's awaiting us to enter as if this was planned out like and ambush. “Do not worry my son we will make it out alive trust me no monster or goblin can scare Legion Men of Men” Houwl said with a deep growl of honesty.
To be honest me a farmers boy this will be the farthest and most dangerous place I've been in my life yes I have heard stories and tales of these places I just never knew I would travel to them on this very day... but I guess things happen when you doubt it. With that answer we moved into the Wispy Woods to seal some of our fate's.
“These woods are hollow with many dark magic creatures made by many outcast-ed members of the Great Mage Hall too bad to most of em
were great magicians old friends of Legion but they were corrupted by darkness and a shame to” Yauol stated as he rode on the side of the rank formation. There was rustling in the trees and bushes next to the formation on either side.”Ready you're weapons attack anything that moves that is not apart of this group”! Ordered Houwl reading his spear.
“Hammly take this sword and protect yourself the best you can lad” Houwl
said handing me a well crafted short sword for smaller men like me or lads
but it was balanced well for my size. “Well what's we has here”? Said a raspy voice from the darkness. A Goblin Bandit appeared out of the brush holding a legion dagger. “Well it's great to see you again Gablion the Goblin Bandit leader” Chuckled Yauol. “you traitor how could you abandon Legion at it's weakest time when you're needed most”? Houwl sputtered angerly.
“ I always hated you Houwl you were too how can put this? Ah whiny
about my formation and all that I did so I quit taking you're crap and joined the orc's and goblin's” Yauol said with a smile and turned his back on the group. With that opportunity Houwl jabbed his spear through Yauol's back and twisted it to make sure it had done enough damage to his body, Yauol fell off his horse onto the ground sputtering out blood in steady stream's from his nose and mouth.”You shouldn't have done this Yauol brother now the goblins and you must pay that price upon that decision” As saying that Houwl lead the group into a massacre of goblin's.
The ground was filled with the blood of goblin's weapons from the dead were scattered around some still clutched tightly in the hands of the enemy. We had lost several of ours but we had no time to name them some were dragged into the shadowy parts of the woods and we weren't going into the darkness to find dead bodies. “Everyone move forward the sooner we get going the faster were out of this hell hole” Houwl shouted.
“ I see men walking through our woods they should know better ignorant humans send the cave trolls after them” Said a mysterious voice covered by the darkness. The trolls were awakened by the sound of the rusted cage hinges lifting up to set them free but why? Who cares we may go and eat what we must and then return back to our prison.
“What now Houwl? We managed to make it past the goblins but we must not think the dangers are over Houwl”. Said Jaouwl beaten badly from the battle they had barley won. “I know Jaouwl but I just don't think the Darkana will care that we are crossing into their territory so don't worry about anything” Houwl said in spirit.
Thump thump* around the forest we search until we found the scent of men. Our favorite meal their small but gummy bones and delicious tender meat. Oh the way the scream and fight it makes the meal so much more fun wait there armed with an assortment of weapons well I guess we'll just have to kill some of them then. The Cave Trolls headed towards the men readying their clubs and spears for a tasty meal.

“sir I think there's something following us something big” Hammly said worriedly to Houwl. He looked down on Hammly knowing the boy heard what he heard. “yes I know there cave trolls the same kind that put the northern kingdom in ruins... But now we are facing multiple of them” He said quietly to Hammly who was starting to glance nervously around them. “Everyone prepare formation be prepared for anything and by that I mean Cave Trolls” Houwl said to the group. They shuffled into formation and nervously moving back and forth knowing the history of cave trolls and what they did in battle. Thump Thump “Reeeeaaaar” Bellowed one of the cave trolls. They showed themselves two in front 1 on each side and one taking on the rear. “Men ready you're spears and shields jab and block is the best rhythm for this battle” Houwl said focusing on the troll in the front of the group. The men readied themselves and awaited the sign to attack the trolls. The trolls were hungry almost starved that was the good news the bad news they had weapons for smashing and batting away things.
“ATTACK”! Yelled Houwl throwing his spear and hitting one of the trolls in the stomach. The men started with the jab and block but they decided to attack in groups to take out the trolls. I saw one man be dragged away and heard his screams as he was mauled to death by a bigger troll. Two more went down by a hammer. “Raaaaaarrrrrrer” A troll came up by Hammly.
Hammly thrusted his sword upwards to attack the troll. The troll let out a strange mumble then fell down dead with a sword stuck in it's throat.
“Go Hammly” Shouted one of the Northern men but while he was cheering me on A troll stuck him with a spear and ate him like a shisk kabob.
“Impossible how could they bring my trolls down”! Bellowed the dark covered man. He watched as the small group left the woods at haste and joy. “I guess ill have to send the spider's after them” He said with pleasure.
The men walked on the green pasture plains and shouted out with pleasure for surviving the Woods. “ Hammly good job on bringing down the troll by yourself I'm proud of you” Houwl said with a weak smile from exhaustion. Hammly felt proud for what he did but also felt bad and a horrible sick feeling from watching many men die. He thought back to the battle how the cave trolls just killed mercilessly and ate the men away from the battle while they squirmed and yelled in horror. That was the past though he needed to pull away from those thoughts. “Houwl when do we reach you're homeland?” asked Hammly. Houwl just stood there tired exhausted and battle worn. “Not long boy...... not long” He said long and slowly. “The day grows dark you may start up a fire and one of the men will make us some dinner then we sleep and wake early in the morning”
He
Back to top Go down

A book in progress
Page 1 of 1