The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Aftermath

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Aftermath Left_bar_bleue150/150The Aftermath Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

The Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: The Aftermath   The Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:03 am

Roe Glass
---District 5---Male---17---

The Aftermath Tumblr_m3vpnhP0tR1r6kf86_large

Roe left the Justice Building and ran for the upper district. He needed to think, his sister just volunteered herself for the games. "For what?" He thought, "because a girl I have a crush on got picked? Doesn't she get that if I lose her I have nothing?" He could only bury his head in his hands as he sat on the ground, unable to hide his tears anymore. He tried to be strong for her, but it was difficult. "I should have tried to stay there, just held her in my arms for a little while longer. And now I have to watch her go through this alone everyday she is alive?" He thought back to his selfishness, his obvious self loathing at the Reaping that lead to his sister volunteering. He hated his feelings, now more than ever.
Back to top Go down

The Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   The Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:04 am

The Aftermath Tumblr_m5ev5d2CJs1r7keo1

Evie Northwood - District 5 - Female - 16 years old

Evie ran after Roe and stopped about 12 feet away behind him. She stood silently near a wall, not knowing what to say. What do you say to someone whose sister just sacrificed themselves to save your life and basically volunteered to die instead? Evie wondered, at a loss for words, which was rare. She squeezed her vivid blue eyes shut for a moment, the memory playing over again in her head, until she snapped them open again to make it stop. She looked at Roe, not wanting to move from her spot. You have to. she told herself, and took a step forward, then another.

Evie dug her nails into her own arm, letting the momentary pain clear her mind, and forced herself to walk over to Roe. She didn't dare sit next to him, not knowing if he blamed her as much as she blamed herself. "Hey," she said quietly, her voice full of concern. She hesitated for a few seconds before speaking again. "Are you okay?" Because, you know, your sister is probably going to die instead of me, and I don't really know why she volunteered, but she did, and oh yeah, it might be my fault but I just don't understand, and I really shouldn't have the nerve to even talk to you, but I have to, because it's the right thing to do, and I really don't know what to say, but I'm sorry... Evie finished in her head, not saying the words aloud.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   The Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:42 am

Roe looked up at Evie, "Hey" was all he could manage to get out. "Did you go and see her?" He asked. He had hoped she went and saw her. Hoped that his sister was the one to explain why she went in. But when Evie shook her head he knew he was going to have to talk about it. He dreaded this moment more than the moment only a few weeks ago when he told Rhea his feelings.
"Rhea volunteered...for me" he could his throat start to tighten as he continued. "She volunteered because someone I care about was chosen. I was upset and she did it for me, so she could protect me from the pain." He could only look down, he had a feeling about what she was going to say and he didn't want to face her when she told him.
Back to top Go down

The Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   The Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:15 am

Evie shook her head, feeling slightly ashamed. She knew she should have, but she hated confrontation. I guess I'm just too much of a coward to face the girl who is risking her life for me... Evie thought, not pleased with her behavior. She was quiet while Roe talked, until the last thing he said.

Evie looked confused. She didn't know what he was talking about. To her, the people she cared about were just her friends. "What? She did that because I'm friends with you? I thought- why would she do that? She shouldn't have- I should be the one- I mean, a friend compared to a sister? How would that spare you from the pain? I'm not going to lie, I don't want to be where she is now, myself, but why didn't she tell me? She didn't have to volunteer. I could've... I could've... I don't know. I guess I want to say could've made it but I'm not sure if I could. You know, she could still make it. She's brave. Braver than me. Still, I should have been the one picked. It's not fair," Evie rambled, unsure of what to say. What do you say when someone tells you that? she pondered, her mind racing. Am I missing something? Why would she do that for her brother's friend? Would Roe really be that hurt if I was dead? Won't he be worse off without her than he'd be without me? I don't- I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   The Aftermath Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:33 pm

"Hey, don't blame yourself. If anything its my fault that Rhea is in this position." Roe looked down, thinking about how he was going to say this."Evie...she volunteered herself because...well. I have had a crush on you for so long now. You are all I talk about with Rhea lately. I got upset at the thought of losing you, and Rhea could tell. But she is so strong, she didn't run away after our mother died like I did. She didn't hide from her feelings like I try to do everyday. She I so much stronger than any of the other tributes, she just doesn't realize it yet. But I think she could win." Roe looked at Evie now, serious in his predicition. "Just...don't blame yourself. I think she wanted to tell you that before she left."
Back to top Go down

The Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:47 am

The Aftermath Tumblr_m61ws6Mc8L1qeitqh

Evie stumbled, taking a step backwards. That was what he meant? Roe has a crush on me? "I don't... I can't..." she stuttered, her brain unable to process the information. She had never really thought about that. The possibility that- not a possibility. He wouldn't lie to me, she realized. So what do I say? I don't like him, do I? I don't know. It's just never crossed my mind. I might. I've never thought about it. I didn't think I did, but I don't know why I wouldn't. I mean, he's cute, and he's obviously my friend, but I'd just never... maybe this is why those annoying boy-crazy girls never stop talking. It's so confusing... She didn't know what to think. Evie wasn't used to romance problems. It wasn't something she worried about. But now... what do I do? she wondered. Do I like him back? I don't know. I didn't think so, but now... maybe I do. I just don't know. I don't know what liking someone feels like. After an awkward period of her stunned silence and complete disregard of the rest of what Roe had said, Evie made up her mind to make up her mind later. "I-I-I have to go. I'm sorry," she stuttered, standing up and brushing herself off before scampering away in the other direction. She finished what she wanted to say in her head as she hurried away. I really-I just don't know what to say right now and I need to think. I'm really sorry, I just- I don't know why, but I have to go...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   The Aftermath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Aftermath
Page 1 of 1