The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shops and Services?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DinoLily

DinoLily

Female Posts : 556

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Shops and Services? Left_bar_bleue150/150Shops and Services? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance:: None

Shops and Services? Empty
PostSubject: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:24 pm

So, I know some of the users here are also on a forum called Camp Half Blood, or CHB. Well, on this site they have something called The Shops and Services. In this, there are things like layout shops, picture shops, graphic shops, coding shops, polyvore set shops, etc. Well, I think we should get one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Interesting. That would be cool. We have a picture thread already. Some roleplays call it 'faceclaim.' Is that the same thing?
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Shops and Services? Left_bar_bleue150/150Shops and Services? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:37 pm

'Faceclaim' is where you use a face of an actor or Celeb. That's faceclaim.

We basically already have a picture one but setting up a coding shop and all those sounds interesting, I'll bring it up in our staff meeting today. (: And if Sno likes it then I will probably set them up. Razz
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Female Posts : 556

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Sort of. Faceclaims or Playbys are like claiming that a celebrity is what your character looks like, and that's the picture they use. In a picture shop, people describe a person, and the people who started the picture shop find a picture that looks like their description and then the customer pays them points and they use the picture for a charrie. So, yeah, basically what we have already. If you'd like a link to the website's shops and services, here it is: http://camphalfblood.forummotion.com/f77-shops-services

Sor, you post-zoned me >Sad
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:53 pm

We're nicer though, we don't make you pay points xD

Haha! You do it to me all the time, Lil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:29 pm

That sounds really cool.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Female Posts : 1194
Birthday : 1997-08-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name:: Nixon Harley

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:32 pm

I'd be really good at finding pictures. I want to do this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Did you PM them to Sori before? I did, but nobody ever used the picture thread so there was no need for restocking with the others I sent. Maybe we could try the shop thing, but when if nobody used it it'd be taken down? We're going to discuss it in the meeting later.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Female Posts : 905
Birthday : 1998-09-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:06 pm

The shop and services thing on CHB is really great because it's not just finding pictures. It's also GIFs (those little clips of videos), coding shops and graphics on the pictures. It's really helpful if you're like me and have no idea how to do any of this. (:
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:19 pm

I know how to do mostly all of that. I know how to find GIFs as well (:

Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Female Posts : 905
Birthday : 1998-09-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm hopeless at that stuff. I just don't know how to do it. (:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 6:54 pm

I can find the occasional GIF, but I'm not amazing at coding, although I don't totally suck. Graphics I can definitely do, if you mean something like taking a charrie picture and editing with words and effects and such. Those are fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shops and Services?   Shops and Services? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shops and Services?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Out of Character :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: