The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Not to Die

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How Not to Die Empty
PostSubject: How Not to Die   How Not to Die Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Star walked over to the medical station again, this time planning to actually learn how to heal. She listened carefully to the instructor and attempted to remove a knife from a fake arm on a dummy's body without harming the fake but accurate tendons and such. The dummy was supposed to simulate life perfectly, and even had fake blood running through its veins like a normal human's body would. She carefully dipped her hands in boiling water to kill germs, wrapped her fingers in a piece of cloth to cover her skin, and checked the dummy's fake airway before beginning.

It was clear, as the stab wound was nowhere near the dummy's chest. She rolled up the sleeve of the fake arm, took another piece of cloth, and pressed it on the wound, careful not to remove the knife and only apply pressure around it. The bleeding lessened, but did not stop, so, with the instructor's help, she pushed on the major artery that was flowing blood to the wound with her fingertips, just above the dummy's elbow on the inside of the arm. She grabbed a bandage with her other hand and covered the dressing with it, and made sure not to move the new wrap. She shifted the body and lifted the wounded arm above its 'heart' with her head.

Star was now struggling to stay balanced, so the instructor told her she could let go of the elbow. Star did so, relieved, and threw a blanket that was sitting nearby over the dummy to keep it warm. She went back to applying pressure above the dummy's elbow and put more on the wound. After a few minutes, the medicine teacher told her she had safely treated a stab wound, and Star smiled. Well, the instructor helped, but at least I'm not totally hopeless. she thought to herself, and tried again with a leg wound. She knew she didn't have the skill to help a chest wound yet, but would attempt to learn afterwards.
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

Male Posts : 181
Birthday : 1998-09-09

How Not to Die Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Not to Die   How Not to Die Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:30 pm

"Hey!" I call out to the district 6 girl "Star isn't it? Come here." I was only a few short yards away, and genius me went to the hardest of the injuries of all. It was a clean stab into the diaphragm, and not only was it using warm 'blood' but some smelly green fluid that I assumed to be the mimic version of vial. "STAY FOCUSED ON THE VICTIM!!!!!" I was instructed for about the eight time. "Now remove the blade." I was told, more gently this time. "You any good with healing?" I ask Star not daring take my eyes of the "Victim"
Back to top Go down

How Not to Die Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Not to Die   How Not to Die Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:07 am

Star looked up when someone called her name. "Hm? Yeah, that's my name," she responded, and made her way over to Nate. She watched the fake victim bleed profusely and smiled slightly, until she pictured the dead body being herself or someone she knew, and suddenly blood wasn't was fun to look at anymore. She still thought it was pretty, though. When Nate asked if she was good at healing, Star shrugged. "I'm okay, I guess. I'm not squeamish at the sight of blood, though, which I suppose is a good thing. I could probably heal someone if I had all of the proper materials, but if not.... I don't know. You?" Star wondered why the teacher had told him to take out the knife because she had thought it would just make the victim bleed more, but figured they were probably already further along in the healing process than stopping the bleeding. She stared at the dummy, following the trails of blood with glinting eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How Not to Die Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Not to Die   How Not to Die Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Not to Die
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 27th Hunger Games :: Reapings and the Capitol-
Jump to: