The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why Don't I Try Archery?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Balisugar

Balisugar

Female Posts : 905
Birthday : 1998-09-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Why Don't I Try Archery? Left_bar_bleue150/150Why Don't I Try Archery? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Why Don't I Try Archery? Empty
PostSubject: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Why Don't I Try Archery? 94-dianna-agron-1295652713

Silver immediately spotted the ranged weapon station. There were throwing knives there, but she didn't touch them. They were her strength and she didn't want everyone to know. So instead Silver took a bow and some arrows. She'd never tried this before, so she listened to the instructor carefully. When she took aim at the target she was really only hoping to hit they body drawn there. She aimed for the middle because that was wider. Her arrow hit the edge of one of the vital points. Silver allowed herself a small smile. If she worked on this she could use a how and arrows as a weapon in the games. Silver turned slightly to collect another arrow from her quiver. That's when she noticed someone had joined her.

Last edited by Balisugar :] on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Selene

Female Posts : 138
Birthday : 1999-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Why Don't I Try Archery? Ben+10+Alien+Swarm+(2009)1
Marnie Kaleen

I walked over to the Ranged Weaponry Station. Probably my best station. My hand glinted carefully over the throwing knives. It would give to much away. So would archery. I saw a girl trying out Archery. She obviously wasn't really good. I smiled and put my hands behind my back. District 2. I was going to offer help, but that help could get me killed. "You should relax your muscles," I said, just one tip that could kill me. "Can I try?" I asked.

Last edited by Selene on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Why Don't I Try Archery? Left_bar_bleue150/150Why Don't I Try Archery? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Silver looked at the eleven girl. Why was she giving her tips? Silver or one of her alliance friends was probably goon to be the one to kill her into end. Maybe she bought that if she was nice to Silver she would let her live. Not likely. "Sure." Silver said, handing her the bow and the quiver full of arrows. She wanted to see what this girl could do. While she was waiting Silver glanced longingly at the throwing knives. They were sitting right there, but she wouldn't use them.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Marnie Kaleen

I knew it would be stupid to shoot exactly at the center. I raised the bow, preparing myself and centered my mind. I had to relax, but having her watch me had me tensed. I let go, the arrow flying towards the target. It hit almost an inch from the center. Dammit, that could easily tell her I had skill in Archery. I lowered the bow, looking back at Silver, who looked at the knives.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Silver looked up just in time to see the arrow hit almost centre. Okay, so this girl was good at archery. That gave Silver an incentive to get to the bow and arrows before her. That is, if there were any there. "Looks like you've done this before." Silver said calmly. She glanced over at the throwing knives again. Why not? She would only throw a couple. So Silver collected three knives and took aim at another target. She threw them in quick succession. They all landed in the centre of their targets. One was in head, one was in the heart and the last knife was in the stomach. Silver walked over to collect them. It took all her strength to tug them out. When she returned to her original place she smiled at the eleven girl.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Marnie Kaleen

Well, you think you've got knife throwing down? Well, she did. I smiled, walking over to the knife throwing station. The targets lit up, and I threw the knives in the head, stomach, and heart on the correctly lit target. I retrieved the knives, replaced them, and walked back to the archery station, retrieving the arrow. "You're good with knives," I said, kindly.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:56 pm

"Thankyou." Silver said primly. "You're good with archery." Say what you want about Silver but at least she's polite. She grabbed another bow and quiver of arrows. Once again she took aim. This time she tried relaxing her muscles like the eleven girl had said. Silver fired her arrow and smiled. It was a bit if center, but not by much. "You also give good advice." Soled added. She bought she might as well introduce herself. It was getting annoying to call this girl district eleven. "My name's Silver." she said.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Marnie Kaleen

I smiled, and fixed my hair into a ponytail. Maybe she'd try not to kill me? If I even survived the bloodbath. What was I talking about? I'd survive the Bloodbath. I blinked, getting the idea out of my head. "Thank you," I said. My hands caressed the bow carefully and I decided to introduce myself. "I'm Marnie," I said softly.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:05 pm

"Well nice to meet you Marnie." Silver didn't know why she was being so nice. She had thought that she would be uptight and stiff with poorer people. Maybe she just wasn't with Marnie. She seemed decent enough. Maybe she could get her to join he pack? She was good with archery and knives and then Silver would also have a girl to talk with. At the moment it was just her and two guys. But she'd have to talk to them first. Maybe she would mention it at lunch.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Marnie Kaleen

"You too, Silver." I scratched the back of my neck, nervous about lunch. The time when we all had to sit at tables together. I'd probably be sitting all alone. But maybe I could sit with Silver? But she was a Career. I sighed, reaching for the bow, shooting more arrows. Who cared now if they saw my skills? They'd kill me before I could get my hands on the bow.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Silver smiled at Marnie before collecting some more knives. Marnie had already seen her throw and Silver didn't care if anybody else was watching. They would see that she should be feared. It might make them less inclined to target her. The targets started to flash and Silver threw knife after knife. Since she was so quick all ifthe targets were hit in under a minute. That wasn't a real surprise though. Sver set her eyes on the spear. She'd never thrown one of these before. "Have you ever used one of these?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Marnie Kaleen

I eyed the spear. It was a long, silver gleaming spear. "No, I haven't," I said. It couldn't possibly be any different than throwing knives, right? Except for the fact that they were longer. And heavier. And different. Okay, yea, they seemed harder.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:31 pm

"Neither have I." Silver admitted. There was a first time for everything though. She licked up a spear. It was heavier than she expected, but Silver could still handle it. She raised her arm into the correct position and looked at the target. Once again she would aim for the middle. The wider parts were always easier to hit. She three the spear with all her strength. It smacked into the middle of her desired target. Sikver's eyes widened as she went to look at it closer. The spear was solidly in the wall. She pulled it out and walked back to Marnie. "Apparently I am good at this." she said.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Marnie Kaleen

I smiled and touched the spear gingerly. The coldness of it made me shiver, and I picked it up, feeling it's weight in my hands. I reached back with all my might, aiming for the center. I threw the spear at the center, and smiled when it hit it right in the middle. So now I was good at all Long Ranged Weaponry. I guess this was a good skill now.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:45 pm

Silver picked up another spear and threw it. She had to check that her first throw wasn't a fluke. By it wasn't. Silver's second spear also hit the middle of the target. She smiled happily; she could use these skills. "Personally I prefer throwing knives to spears." she said. Knives were lighter and easier to carry. They required less effort and you could use them in close combat as well.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Marnie Kaleen

I smiled. "Me too," I added, looking back at Silver. Maybe she could be an ally. But of course, that would mean I'd have to be apart of the Careers' alliance. That was something I didn't want to do. But then again, it was tempting. That would mean an unlimited supply of weaponry, food, greater chance of survival, and fear. Fear of you.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Silver smiled as she looked at the array of targets. They all had some sort of weapon in them. It was a but funny to look at actually. Silver picked up her bow again. She has to keep working on archery. But her arrow pierced the centre of the target. So maybe that was enough archery for today. "I think I'll go learn to heal people. Bye." Silver carefully placed all her weapons down hen she started to walk away. She walked slowly because there was no rush and Marnie might want to join her.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Marnie Kaleen

Marnie walked after Silver, feeling like she had a friend. This "friendship" wouldn't stay long, as both of them would probably be dead by the end of this week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Try Archery?   Why Don't I Try Archery? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Don't I Try Archery?
Page 1 of 1