The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burnt Bread and Brainless Cows

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hobbitsrock98

Female Posts : 4

Burnt Bread and Brainless Cows Empty
PostSubject: Burnt Bread and Brainless Cows   Burnt Bread and Brainless Cows Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:13 pm

"Rose!" Lily called from the front door, "I can't find my shoes!"
"Coming Lily, please don't move!" I run to help my little sister and leave the bread for Mrs. Riley in the oven; it can bake for a minute or two longer. I find her standing in the door way with the shoes literally two feet away. I sigh and give her the shoes. Ever since she went blind, it's been really hard for her to do the simplest things. I unbuckle her shoes and start to slip them onto her feet. All of a sudden, I hear a commotion from down the street. I look up from Lily's feet and see my twin brother in a fist fight with two other boys at least three years older than him.
"Reed!" I jump up, "Lily, stay here!" I order as I run down the road. By the time I get there, some of the village men are already breaking up the fight. I pull Reed away.
"What were you thinking?!" I yell at him. He opens his mouth to reply. "Never mind, it doesn't matter. Come on, let's go home." I drag him away before the Peace Keepers show up.
When we get to the house, I notice a horrible burning smell.
"Oh no! The bread!" I shriek. I run to the kitchen and pull the burnt loaf out of the oven and throw it on the stove. I whirl around to face Reed.
"You idiot! If I hadn't had to come and get you, this bread wouldn't have burned and now Mrs. Riley is going to be furious!"
"Oh? I'm going to be furious about what?" I look behind Reed and see Mrs. Riley standing in the doorway.
"Oh, ummmmm," I stutter. She catches sight of the burnt bread behind me. Her face turns red with rage.
"What were you thinking girl? I payed good money for those ingredients and I entrust them to you and you waste them! You are an ignorant, incompetent, stupid girl!" She turns on her heel and begins to leave. She stops for a moment and turns to look back at me.
"I will be taking my business else where from now on. A house containing a blind baby and a belligerent boy with no parents to speak of, is bound to be bad luck." She turned and left. I am livid. I don't care who makes fund of me, or Reed for that matter, but Lily is off limits. I run to the door.
"Brainless cow! I don't want your filthy money and I don't want to see your ugly face near this house again! Get out of here you witch!" I yell a couple more insults that probably aren't civil to repeat. I finally stop and sink down to the ground and put my head in my hands. Suddenly, I feel a tap on my shoulder.
"Um, are you alright?"
Back to top Go down

Burnt Bread and Brainless Cows
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 4 :: Houses-
Jump to: