The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

adoption center??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CatsAndThings

CatsAndThings

Female Posts : 47
Birthday : 2000-06-07

adoption center?? Empty
PostSubject: adoption center??   adoption center?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:21 am

Hello!! Um, I was on this site a while back and then I went inactive so that I could focus on school and sports(volleyball<3) but I'm back now and I intend to stick around. So, anyway, I saw on another RP site that there was this thing called the "Adoption Center." It was an area of the site where you could put up old or inactive charries for "adoption." Basically what that means is other users would buy them off of people. Idk if you already have an Adoption Center(in which case, apologies and ignore this) or what but I think that it'd be great to have one since I know most people have some inactive charries sitting around. Of course, there would have to be some restrictions so that people don't just adopt all their charries and never actually make any buuut yeah. Again, sorry if this is already a thing I looked around and didn't see it!!
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
adoption center?? Left_bar_bleue150/150adoption center?? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

adoption center?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: adoption center??   adoption center?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Well it's not already a thing, but I can tell you this has been discussed many times, and there was barely any way to make both parties happy per say. There's some of us who are dead set against an adoption centre, some who are in the "i don't care" zone, and others who want it.

This is a fairly controversial idea that comes up here, and my biased opinion leads me to saying, I hate adoption centers on forums. I understand them but I don't like them that much. Don't let my biased opinion make you feel bad, I'd wait and hear from other staff members on the issue. Also since it's brought up the staff will cover it in a discussion next time we're all on.

~Sor
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
adoption center?? Left_bar_bleue150/150adoption center?? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

adoption center?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: adoption center??   adoption center?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 1:39 pm

I think personally adoption centres can back fire big time. xD I've never really experience one before but I think the thing is that people create characters that they enjoy and can connect to, it's sometimes even personal to them, or just for fun xD. And people may have disgruntles of how others rp their charries, and that they may be doing it wrong etc etc.

I think by staying away from adoption centres it can really push people to create characters that they want to rp, that they love. And not just adopt characters that was someone else's connection and relations. And I truly think that that's where genuine and very real writing can come from, your own personal connection with your charries Razz. Of course, there are always exceptions and all but I guess that's my personal opinion on this c: . Yeah the staff will still hafta discuss on this again xD

Thanks for the suggestion tho! <: it's always good to think about new stuff xD and I'm sure this will come in handy one way or another to infuse it with other suggestions or ideas if we can't make it work as it is! Very Happy

Edit: Also, useless celebration but hey 900th post. woo \o/
Back to top Go down
CatsAndThings

CatsAndThings

Female Posts : 47
Birthday : 2000-06-07

adoption center?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: adoption center??   adoption center?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Okay! I totally understand I just wanted to bring it up(:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

adoption center?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: adoption center??   adoption center?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

adoption center??
Page 1 of 1