The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pancakes and Dog Hats

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Pancakes and Dog Hats Left_bar_bleue150/150Pancakes and Dog Hats Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Pancakes and Dog Hats Empty
PostSubject: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 4:58 am

Pancakes and Dog Hats BwTEbUx
Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_m48j14IHT41qm8cin

Derald open the door and let Annie in. It was an uncomfortable place to be in really, but he bet that they have more stuff in the kitchen here than back home. This just wasn't home yet, at least it didn't feel like home. "Make yerself at home. Sorry the place looks kinda dead and quiet, we don't usually come over here much." He said as he tossed the keys on the table. The house was still scarily huge compared to their home, even though they gave him the smallest ones already. Who the hell needs a second floor? The place looks less classy and more homely than Derald remembered actually. Tess probably started to move things around and putting in their own stuff. She's definitely taking a liking to this place, or at least a liking to the bed. "Okey dokey, let's see what we actually have here.." He mumbled as he lead them into the kitchen, opening cabinets left and right, not really knowing what's where. The first thing he found was a frying pan and he smiled up to Annie sheepishly, "That's a start right?" He placed it on the counter as he continued, "Feel free to just dig around to find stuff, because honestly, I'm just as clueless about this kitchen as you are." Just as he mentioned that he pulled out a bag of flour from God knows where. Then came a pack of sugar, "And ya haven't told me yet, why ya couldn't sleep last night." he casually brought it back up. He was concerned about it, somehow wanting to return the same caring gesture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Pancakes and Dog Hats PwQlCCb
Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_mmwl5gWmIh1rotn1uo2_250

Derald's house was probably the nicest building Annie had ever seen. "Your house is really nice," she commented, stepping through the door. She followed him to the kitchen, taking in the gorgeous architecture. Annie was reluctant to touch anything in the kitchen in case she messed it up somehow, but she knelt down and pulled open a cabinet. "I think I found a bowl!" she called, taking it out and setting it on top of the counter. She continued rooting around, eventually finding something that looked like sugar. "Do you have a stove?" Annie looked around. She kept getting distracted. Derald asked her why she hadn't been able to sleep and she shrugged. "Two of my brothers snore, so I just kind of got used to waking up early. My internal clock is all messed up." He seemed to genuinely care if she was having a problem sleeping, which was really sweet. Had they been anything but friends, she would have blushed. Annie grinned. "So, we need some baking soda, salt, butter, an egg or two... maybe vegetable oil. What do you want to make?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Pancakes and Dog Hats Left_bar_bleue150/150Pancakes and Dog Hats Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_lyfql4Kn0L1qehkqqo4_400

Derald shrugged to her compliment, "That's all there is to it, unfortunately." He tip toed to reach the higher cabinets, pulling out a whisk, as he tried to turn around and see the bowl being plopped onto the counter. "Sweet! ..What's a bowl doin' in there?" He lost his balance for a second and almost fell flat on his butt if the counter wasn't there behind him. He looked around the kitchen to find this stove Annie was asking about. "Uhh..." He stared at her blankly before bursting out in laughter, "It should be right there. I mean, there." He randomly pointed somewhere in the kitchen while he hunted for the actually stove before pointing it out. It was just there by the window right in front of him before the whisk cabinet. He rummaged through the cabinet below this time, coming up with all the random spices and condiments. "Aw man, I know what ya mean. My Uncle snores like an elephant  wheezing," somehow picking up random bottles, assuming they were salt and baking soda, "You should try plugging them in sometimes, works like a charm. Or well, slap them awake, works either way." He pushed himself up to look at the result of their scavenger hunt. He was still amazed by what he had in here. "Well with what we found and what you're listing, it must be fate; we need to do pancakes," Derald tried to announce in a very grave and serious voice, glancing up from the counter to Annie, holding back his grin,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:32 pm

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_inline_mwaexuNrjl1sr57h6

"I have no idea. It was just in one of these cabinets," Annie replied when Derald asked about the bowl. She followed his direction to the stove, but couldn't find anything. "Umm..." she trailed off, puzzled. "Oh!" Annie suddenly spotted the stovetop across the kitchen and hurried over to it. "Found it. Wow, you really have no idea where anything is, do you?" She raised her eyebrows, remembering when she'd moved into her new house.  Annie had grown accustomed to it by now, but then again, it wasn't as big as the victor house. Besides, she reminded herself. He's been... busy. Derald suggested earplugs for the snoring problem and she shrugged. "I guess so. I'm kind of used to it now though, and the morning time is pretty nice." Annie laughed and examined their supplies so far. "Pancakes sound fabulous," she agreed, digging around in some cupboards until she found measuring cups so she could scoop out a cup of flour. As she poured the flour into the bowl, she looked over her shoulder at Derald's gorgeous face. "Next is sugar, I think. A few tablespoons should do it." Annie finished with the flour and fastened the bag back up, but she still had some left in her palms that had wandered out of the bowl, which she promptly tossed at Derald's head.  "Got ya," she said playfully, a mischievous grin spreading across her face.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 1:30 am

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_inline_mnxlor05RQ1qz4rgp

Derald shrugged in shame, chuckling "What can I say? The kitchen ain't my forte. I usually try to stay far away with Tess hissing at me about burnin' up the place. Remember weekend cooking only? Yep." Well it was the same for here and the farm, either way he learnt to avoid most things flammable in the kitchen most of the time. But hey, doesn't mean that he can't actually use one right? He tutted as she made her statement about mornings and wagged a finger, "But it can't compare to the joys of evenings and nights." He turned away from her to try and find the eggs, butter and milk. Now that was something he probably knew where they were, considering they or they're animals made them. He pouted slightly back to Annie though as he grabbed the last of stuff, "A couple? There ain't no such thing as too sweet. No harm putting in more sugar right?" But when he finally turned back with the ingredients in his arms, he was greeted by a hand full of flour. He blinked as he spurted out a bit of flour. He stared at Annie before returning her a cunning grin, "You better be watching your back.." For now, he wiped as much flour off his face, only making it worse, really. He grabbed the salt and baking soda while Annie worked on the sugar. Derald could feel the kiddish prankster in him wanting to come out and play again. But he held a laughter back in him as he watched her pour the sugary goodness. "And y'know something?" He drifted off to another topic, "I think I've finally decided on my favourite colour." He announced proudly as if he won a million bucks or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_inline_mubms32qFp1rpl29c

Annie nodded at his explanation for not knowing his way around the kitchen. Derald seemed to be extremely close to this Tess girl, which Annie thought was rather sweet. "Fair enough," she agreed. She stirred the sugar and flour together until she was prepared for the other dry ingredients, going through the motions she'd done several times. Derald scolded her for liking the morning and she shrugged, laughing. "I'm a morning person, what can I say? I suppose that's why I like making breakfast." Annie added another spoonful of sugar at his request. "You've got a sweet tooth? Never would have guessed," she said sarcastically, teasing him. Annie couldn't help but laugh at the face he made when she hit him with flour. "Whoops?" she giggled. Annie handed him the teaspoon so he could add the baking soda and salt. He said he'd finally picked a favorite color and she turned to face him, interested. "Really? I must admit, I am very curious." She dusted flour off of one of the counters and hopped up on it, hoping Derald wouldn't mind. He didn't seem to care much about what she did to the kitchen so far. "So, spare no details, what is it, and how did you make your decision?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 4:18 am

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_mr9uk74rBY1r032zxo3_250

"And not to mention, we're always meetin' up in the mornings. What's so nice about the mornings anyways?" After dumping the things down, Derald leaned backwards onto the counter and yawned loudly. He rolled his eyes as he returned the sarcasm, "I know right? I used to munch down on manly chilli peppers like it ain't no one's business." He shook his head subtly as he watched Annie just laugh at him, "Oh, Whoops is right." Derald pinched her arm lightly with his free hand before getting to opening the bottles up. He then started tossing in a teaspoon of each as Annie took a step away from the bowl to sit on the counter, now being slightly taller than him. She probed him on about his final answer about his favourite colour while he poured in about one and a half cups of milk, "Well it took many long months to actually test out all the colours, putting them on and imagining them on my stuff and I ain't just choosin' some random colour, oh no. And after a long, long, long, long time of.. just lookin' at colours," Derald paused and grinned as he plopped in a slab of butter, dropping any dramatics to his words, "Yeah, I think I'll stick to orange. I liked my gut feel about that answer, what, two months ago?" He couldn't really remember how long he was gone or how long the last Games lasted and he was certainly not looking forward to go back there and get lost in the days again. But right now he wasn't in there, he still had some time and he's thankful for that. He gazed into nothingness as he deliberated again and snapped back to Annie, nodding, "Yep, Orange. Final answer." He grinned as he carelessly cracked the egg into the bowl as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:33 am

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_mn4cczTdJU1s4ucemo7_250

Annie shrugged when Derald asked about mornings. "Right, I forgot, you prefer sunsets," she joked, and laughed at the manly chili peppers remark. She nodded in mock endearment as he described his process of choosing a favorite color. "Uh huh. You spent all that time just debating your favorite color for me? I'm honored." She laughed, although from what she'd seen of him, it wouldn't be too surprising if Derald actually had dedicated real time and energy to picking a favorite color. And in all honesty, Annie did find it kind of sweet that he'd remembered, but she didn't think anything of it. He was just that type of person. "Orange is a good choice. Again with the sunset theme." She checked that they had all the ingredients in, added the last few, and frowned. "Got a whisk?" Annie looked around, but she didn't see anything that looked particularly whisk-y. "Hmm..." She rummaged around until she found a strong-looking fork, which she held up triumphantly. "This should work. You wanna stir, or shall I? Leave some lumps in, though. Works better that way." She smiled at him and turned the stove on. "We'll need a spatula too," she added, and went to search for said spatula while the stove heated up.

#theirfirstdatemustbetogowatchthesunset #orhecouldproposethere #js
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:18 am

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_mpa7djmKqv1r032zxo1_500

Derald lowered his head humbly, "Ain't as big of an honour as that first friend title." He goes off to clear the rubbish on the counter. Somehow he was glad that Annie thought Orange was a nice choice. It was a childish thing to actually worry over but no one really asked about it before and the fear of judgement was just there. Then again, it was so trivial, no one probably even cared what's your favourite colour really. He washed his hands and wiped them on his shirt, as Annie asked about a whisk, "Uhhhh..." Eyes darting left and right, he laughed as Annie probably gave up and started hunting on her own. "Yeah that should do it. I'll whisk it if ya like. No promises on how it'll turn out though!" Derald held onto the bowl as he grabbed the fork from her hand. He scoffed though as he whisked while she turned towards the stove to get it working. "Who needs spatulas? The old fashion ways of flippin' works juuuuust dandy." He glanced over to the girl fumbling through the kitchen and he crept up behind her, taking a little bit of the batter in his hand. He stood right behind her closely, lowering his voice, "Well, guess what I found," He tapped on her shoulder and shoved the small amount of batter onto one side of her cheek. He laughed loudly, taking a couple of steps away, waiting for her to react. "Whoops." Payback was always sweet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_inline_mwbvxlZcUC1sryo2l

Annie kept watch on Derald out of the corner of her eye as he whisked the batter. She was pretty surprised that he managed to avoid getting it everywhere. Something her mom had told her regarding men who could handle themselves in a kitchen making good husbands or something came to mind, which was amusing. Then he suggested the 'old-fashioned way' and she was puzzled. "Wait, what?" she interrupted. "How do you flip pancakes without a spatula? You can't just fling the frying pan about and hope it all comes off in one piece." She giggled, imagining the mess that would make. Fortunately, her hands brushed a spatula deep in one of the cupboards, which she pulled out. "Nevermind, I've got one. Strange place for a spatula." Annie nearly jumped when she heard his voice right next to her. "Crap, you scared me," she chuckled. Then suddenly she had pancake batter on her cheek. Annie laughed and turned faced him slowly, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, you are soooooo dead." She bit her lip all sexy like and coy jk and handed him the spatula. "You better keep an eye out, sunset boy, because you've got it coming." Annie stood on her tiptoes to whisper next to his ear. "And I will strike when you least expect it." She chuckled and checked the frying pan by flicking a drop of water at it. When the water promptly evaporated, Annie nodded. "Yup, should be hot enough now." She put some butter in the frying pan to keep the pancake from sticking and smiled at Derald. "Whenever you're ready."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 1:54 am

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_n0qdjjjRHh1rwwygfo1_400

Derald shrugged as if he did it all the time, "Sure ya can." He looked up to the the spatula in her hand with a confused face. "Hm. Don't think I've ever seen that thing around before." But he let it go, he was quite sure that they've flipped pancakes before, it wasn't too disastrous. Kinda. Guess he'll leave the spatula skills to Annie for now. He held the bowl in his arms again after the assault, trying to wipe that big grin off his face. "What happened to horse boy? I kinda liked that one," Derald faked a pout with her growing list of nicknames. There was that chill when Annie tried to reach up to his ear and whisper something menacing but he chuckled and raised an amused eyebrow. He stopping whisking and placed the bowl beside the stove, putting a hand on his hip, standing straight and looking down to her, "Oh really? Yer goin' against a pretty good prankster if I say so myself." He grabbed back the bowl and started pouring the first batch in. "They there go." The batter bubbled and sizzled in the pan as the sweet smell of pancakes filled the place. He glanced back to her setting down the bowl, "So, how have ya been? These past few months and all." Derald rubbed the back of his neck,  feeling bad that he haven't got to catch up with her for awhile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 2:07 am

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_mmfi1gKdSl1reyr9bo1_250

Annie's face broke into yet another grin as Derald expressed confusion at the sight of the spatula. "You can try flipping one without it if you want. We're making a mess of this lovely kitchen anyway." She chuckled and looked over at the bowl, checking to make sure the batter was a good consistency. "Horse boy, sunset boy... wow, you're only a few words from the ending of a romance novel, huh?" she teased. "'And they rode off into the sunset', yeah?" Annie shook her head and watched as he constructed the first few pancakes. "Mmmm. Smells good. I'm not scared of your pranks, though, I dunno... remember, I grew up with a ton of brothers." Annie kept a close eye on the pancakes while Derald asked her about her experience the past few months. She noticed one of them starting to get little air bubbles and picked up the spatula. "I made some friends, actually," she began, sticking the edge of the spatula under one of the pancakes and lifting it slightly to see if it was ready. "You know Stacey? Dark hair, fair skin, around our age. She's uh... the pregnant one?" Annie determined that the light brown color of the cooked side was pleasing and flipped over the first pancake.  
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 2:26 am

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_mr9upyNGHW1r032zxo2_250

Derald rubbed his hands together when Annie gave him permission to mess with one of the pancakes, "That'll just be a doozy." He took a step back to let her do her breakfast making magic, leaning back on the wall as he did a little bow, "I'm sure my parents always wanted me to be more of the romantic kind. I totally lived up to their expectations, right?" He laughed and started fiddling with the bowl in hand. "Yep, smells like a good breakfast." He could feel himself giving in the smell of food already as his tummy whined for it. "And, I'll take it. I like challenges," Derald shrugged and grinned, she brought the kid in him out again, now what did Tess ever fall for? His mind started reminiscing the good times of the past, trying to bring them up a notch for the present. He switched quickly though, when the topic went on to her days around the district. He perked up when he heard that she went on to make new friends, "Really? That great! See, ya ain't too bad at this friend thing." Derlad nudged her shoulder, almost proud of her expanding her circle of friends. "Stacey, huh? Name rings a bell, kinda. But pregnant? That's new. And I guess that ain't too hard to spot around here," He tapped a finger on his temple, trying to recall f he knew a girl named Stacey, that would be so awful if he actually didn't remember. "Ya didn't meet her by uh.. bumping into things again, did ya?" He joked, tutting at Annie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_inline_mubmsmnaZ21rpl29c

Annie flipped over a second pancake, then turned back to Derald to converse properly. "Totally," she laughed. "Nothing more romantic than a doggy divorce. How's that going, by the way? Meet any hot Capitol chicks while you were gone?" Annie smirked, then turned back to the pancakes. This was partially to flip the next one over and transfer the first two onto a plate, but it was also partially to hide the rapidly extending frown that she couldn't keep from marring her face. She realized she probably shouldn't have brought up the Capitol in case it reminded him of the Games, and the thought of him with some gorgeous multicolored artificial robot in sky high heels made her stomach churn, though she didn't know why. Annie pushed the thoughts out of her head and planted a smile on her face again before looking at him again. "Here, taste the first batch," she said brightly, handing him the plate. "Just in case we need to add something to the batter." When he asked if she'd met Stacey similarly to how she'd met him, Annie chuckled. "No, oddly enough, I do possess the ability to meet people without crashing into them all the time." Annie chuckled. "I bought some vegetables from her." She finished with the remaining pancakes and held out the spatula. "Your turn, horse boy."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 10:38 am

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_mq18rhNBpV1r032zxo2_250

Derald looked up as he grimaced hesitantly, "Yeeeaahh... So uh, they're freakin' weird." He laughed, remembering the times he had to interact with Capitol people for sponsors. "I swear! They talk about the softness of hair and how the feathers match theirs eyes I'm just.." He shivered to himself, the high pitched voices ringing in his head. He didn't noticed much about her silence but soon enough she turned back to him with a plate in hand. He picked up the fork and pinched off a small portion of it to try, "Hmm, well needs a little more sugar in my opinion, but I'm probably not the test tongue for tasting." Derald grinned as he plucked off another forkful of pancake and held it out in front of her face, "Here, I'm sure yer ain't too sugar biased." Honestly there wasn't much wrong with it, edible at the very least, so they continued with the rest of it. He snickered with a hint of disappointment about her conventional way of meeting Stacey, "Well ain't that new. Maybe it's just us." He sighed as he went on, "Me on the other hand, my time there came up with a total number of zero with new friends." Not that he was too concerned about that, he met a couple of mentors, that gave him a look, and some of the Capitol people are kinda nice. They were done with almost all the batter, with the last bit of it for one more pancake and Annie passes it on to him for an expected disaster. "My pleasure, corgi girl." He rejected the spatula and grabbed onto the frying pan. He gave it a couple good shakes as the pancake came lose and he did a small little flip for it, hearing it land and sizzle into the pan. He glanced over to her and raised his eyebrows, a little proud of himself, "Told ya." He tossed it a couple more times before handing the pan to Annie, "Wanna give it a try? Just shake it to the edge and give it a good toss up."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 12:19 am

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_inline_mi9zkhWaLS1qz4rgp

Annie smiled at his response. Not only was it legitimately pleasant, humorous conversation, but his lack of a new romantic relationship just made her happy for some reason. "Feathers, huh? Like... on chickens and stuff? How is that even fashionable?" She laughed and waited for his opinion on the pancakes. "We can add more sugar to the batter if you want. I'm pretty sure we used extra anyway, but go ahead." Annie gestured to the sugar and remaining batter in the bowl, but there wasn't much left. "Really? No new friends? But you're so amiable." She crossed her arms over chest and watched as Derald successfully flipped the pancake without a spatula. "Well done," she praised, dipping her head and clapping her hands slowly in mock applause. He suggested she try it as well and she chuckled. "That is not a good idea. I'm  clumsy, remember? It's gonna stick to the ceiling or something," Annie warned. She could see it now. The pancake would find a home on the ceiling, the two of them would be unable to get it down, and one day it would fall down to suffocate someone when they least expected it. "I mean, I'll try if you want, but it won't end well. So, what do you like on your pancakes? Syrup? Honey?" Annie leaned in closer to his face to tease him properly. "More sugar?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 1:03 pm

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_inline_myi0ghXQBr1qkavmj

Derald laughed and shrugged, shaking his head, "I dunno, maybe we should ask the chickens. I mean, they're strutting those feathers pretty nicely." Sometimes he wonder why they'd wear feathers. Were chickens so inspiring? Though they liked colouring them purple or blue. Whatever it is, he was glad he wasn't made to where feathers during his times. He turn to stare at the sugar for a little while before rejected the temptation, "Nah we ain't got much left anyways." He leaned onto the counter on his arms and wiggled the whisk around in the little batter, ready to pour in the last batch. "Amiable? I think you may have got the wrong guy. I doubt so." Amiable may be the last thing on their mind when they meet Derald for the first time getting bucketed in the head by old school fun. He usually liked to pull pranks on the couple of mentors closer to him but always end up pulling it on some stranger by mistake. Flipping the pancake nicely, he gave her a small bow, "The wonders of bein' too lazy to look for the spatula thingamabob." He settled the pan over the flame for a little while before picking it up again. "Oh we're already tearing the place up, why stop there?" He rolled his eyes as Annie pulled out the clumsy card but she went on to talking about what they wanted on the pancakes. Derald grinned as he stared down to her, "Honey's always nice." He then put the handle in her hand, "C'mon, I'll help ya. It ain't that hard." He held onto the handle with her and helped her make her first flip step by step, repeating the tactics of doing it. "See? Ain't that hard right? Just give it a good toss." He let go and gestured for her to try it herself.

#SheshouldtotallyhititontheceilingoronDerry'sheadteehee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_mumw7rJ6AA1svck0oo1_250

Annie nodded. She didn't understand how people even wore feathers. Did you tie them together? Glue them? Wouldn't they poke you? How does that even work? she wondered, but soon stopped caring and pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind. Derald disagreed with her judgement of him as an amiable guy and Annie laughed. "Really? You seem like a pretty friendly, well-meaning, generally happy type of guy. Or is that only when you feel guilty for bumping into people on your horse?" she teased. He tried to convince her to flip a pancake and she bit her lip. It was true, the kitchen was a mess now anyway, but she felt bad. It was so pretty and shiny and fancy. Annie didn't really feel worthy of just experimenting with pancakes in it. She felt like she had to make some kind of gourmet eight-layer flourless cake with fruit-infused icing or the kitchen would be disappointed in her. Still, there was a glint in Derald's eye as she looked up at him that made her decide to try anyway. "Fine, fine," she relented, putting her hands up in defeat. "I'll give it a shot. But don't blame me when you get pancake on the walls." Annie giggled and went through the motions of flipping it with him guiding her hand. Still, she was fairly sure it would not end well when she went to do it herself. "Okay," she said, taking a deep breath. "Watch out." Annie gripped the handle of the frying pan lightly and moved it back and forth, watching the sides loosen up. She flipped the pan up and slightly to the side, and watched, somewhat impressed with herself, as the half-cooked pancake flew up into the air... and right onto Derald's head. Annie burst out laughing. "I told you!" she managed to get out through her laughter, "I swear that was an accident. It totally still counts as revenge, though." Annie smirked as the half or the pancake that was still raw dripped onto his face. "That, my dear Derald, is what we call karma."

#sorryforthepowerplayingbutyoukindasaidishouldinhashtagso
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 12:20 am

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_inline_myi22akzrU1qkavmj

Derald shrugged as he thought about it, "Probably. Y'know, the horse's fault is always my fault." He shook his head over Sephy, apparently nothing is ever her fault. Derald did a little happy dance in victory Idunnoman when Annie gave up and took the pan in her hands. After walking through with her once he let her give it go on her own. He took a step back, grinning as she warned him about the oncoming pancake. But that was the one step that earned him a good looking pancake hat. Derald wiped the batter off his eyes and tried to keep a straight face, holding back his own bubble of laughter. "I look ravishin' with this new hat. The Capitol will love it." He struck an awkward pose to show off the hat before he peeled it off his head, the raw batter sticking to his face and hair. "Oh clam it," He flicked the flopping pancake at her as some of the raw batter flew onto her face.

Pancakes and Dog Hats H7QMgPs
Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_mp1g68fgri1reftreo1_250

Tess trudged up to her cousin's home. She was looking for Derald to hunt him down for the chicken coop he was supposed to do, or at least get the wood cut and ready. It was still early but no harm waking that lazy butt up a little earlier. Tess shouted through the house the moment she pulled the door open, "DERALD, I WANT THAT CHICKEN COOP TODAY OR I'LL MAKE YA SLEEP WITH THE PIGS-" She was walking down the hall and saw two people in the kitchen, Derald with a girl, in a kitchen that looked like it was ran over by a storm with them inside. She glanced to the girl then back at Derald, and back to her. "Derald ya never told me about your girl before. Howdy there, I'm Tess, I take care of this bugger of a cousin most of the time. But guess ain't important enough to tell me about his girl. What's your name?" Derald rolled his eyes, "She's not-" But he left it there and Tess laughed, shrugging, "I ain't gonna question what y'all are doing but Derald, I really need that coop."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 11:49 pm

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_inline_mwa9f7zbnR1sr57h6

Annie smirked at Derald's new pancake hat. "Totally. It looks fabulous." He flicked some of the raw batter at her and she squeaked, then burst out laughing at the noise she had made instinctively. What the heck was that? I sounded like a mouse. She wiped the batter off of her face and flung the bit that came off on her hand back at him. Before she could say anything about how he was so dead again, though, a young woman entered the kitchen screaming about a chicken coop. Annie smiled brightly at her. "Tess! I've heard so much about you-" she began, but then Tess mistook her for Derald's 'girl' and she blushed. "Uh, no, sorry, just a... friend," she corrected, stammering a little. "It's really nice to meet you, though. I'm Annie." She gave Tess a mini wave before awkwardly pulling a hand through her messy, pancake-material-dusted hair. "Well, I, uh, I don't want to impose or prevent any chicken coop work from happening, so I should probably go, unless you want me to help clean it. I mean, might as well, we're messy already. Could be fun."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 3:47 pm

Pancakes and Dog Hats H7QMgPs
Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_mz3c17gLfb1rvm1nmo1_250

Tess placed her hands on her hips as she leaned on the kitchen door. "So ya heard about me? Well I'll be, guess I ain't that unimportant after all!" She laughed as she saw her blush, being all cute and stuff. Though she didn't really expect her name to come up between them, but then again, Derald would be dumb enough to plot her murder with someone. "Well, it's nice to meet you too, Annie. And that's just too bad, Derald's girl had a nice ring to it." Tess mirrored her wave back and shrugged in disappointment. She caught Derald sulking at her and muttering something unintelligent and she smacked him on the head. "C'mon, coop. At least give me the boards today, man."

Pancakes and Dog Hats Tumblr_inline_myi34pCxVv1qkavmj

Derald tapped his feet as Tess barged in and made all the ruckus. He just started cleaning up the counter as the two women conversed.  But he felt a hard smack from the back of his head as she heard him mutter something about killing her in her sleep with the coop itself. "Ow! Okay! One chicken coop comin' right up.." He pouted to his cousin and agreed. She grinned and pat his back, "Did I here that right? Yes I did, I'll even help ya get the wood out. Finally getting your work done around here today." She threw her hands up and left the kitchen to go do just that. Derald glanced back to Annie and sighed as he grinned, "Yep, that's Tess." He threw the pan into the sink while the other utensils found their way in there too. "Oh no it's fine. 'Could' is a very risky word, and I don't wanna bore you with mindless chicken cooping. 'sides, I'm sure you got stuff to do too. Ahh but but," He almost jumped up as he remembered the stack of untouched pancakes they just made and he took half and put them on another plate, handing it to her in her hands, "We won't get to actually have breakfast together but hey, take it as a privilege to choose whatever toppings you want from home!" Derald dusted his hands clean and walked Annie out the house before letting her go. "See ya around Derald's girl!" Tess came from behind with a whole stack of wood in her arms, dumping them on the ground. Derald whispered to Annie, "Just ignore her," before he stood up straight again, letting her go off, "Well, enjoy the pancakes. But next time, we're going with my toppings." He grinned and waved before turning to Tess, "2 flops of pancakes if ya give me 20 minutes to just clean up the kitchen."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pancakes and Dog Hats   Pancakes and Dog Hats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pancakes and Dog Hats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 10 :: Victor's Village-
Jump to: