The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Escaping Home (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Escaping Home (Open) Left_bar_bleue10/150Escaping Home (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

Escaping Home (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Escaping Home (Open)   Escaping Home (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:08 pm

Escaping Home (Open) Tumblr_inline_mswrl92pDz1qz4rgp

Shaun had woke up a bit early that morning. He had immediately decided to go to the upper district, getting dressed in a t-shirt, jeans, his jacket and handkerchief. He pulled on his boots and then made for the door. However, right as he got outside, he heard a voice behind him. "And where do you think you're going?" It was his sister and sighed, turning around, putting his thumb up so it was pointing out the door. His sister thought for a moment and then motioned to him, telling him it was alright to leave. He nodded, smiling, and turned walking out the door and closed it. He looked around, saw no one around for the most part and headed off.

As he walked, he looked around as the district came to life. Shaun could see adults and children alike coming out of their homes. He saw a few shops change their signs to 'Open' and smiled. He always enjoyed his morning walks, for just this reason. Eventually he found what he had established as his bench and sat down. He rummaged through his jacket, finding exactly what he was looking for, and pulled out a small notepad looking item. He pulled out a pen from his front jacket pocket and flipped to an empty page and began to write down what was going on around the district. As he did this, however, he didn't notice someone approach him.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Male Posts : 531
Birthday : 1996-12-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Escaping Home (Open) Left_bar_bleue0/150Escaping Home (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Escaping Home (Open)   Escaping Home (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:20 pm

Escaping Home (Open) Rowanquistan_zps19a2c980

Rowan strolled around the upper-district. He'd abandoned his house in Victor's Village for the time being, with the Hunger Games going on he didn't want to watch too closely. Thomas' death was still lingering on his mind, even after one year. He pulled a flask out of his coat pocket and took a small swig. Rowan found himself drawn to alcohol since Thomas' death. He moderated himself well enough, but he still drank a small sip whenever he could.

The upper district was quite clear this early in the morning. Things were just starting to open up. Some of the few people that were out recognized him and waved. He returned quiet nods to each, a smile on his face. Rowan stopped to pick up a small breakfast pastry, and turned quickly. Sinking his teeth into it, he walked forward, minding his food more than his pastry. Unfortunately, by not watching where his was going, he didn't see the people in front of him. Rowan felt his arm hit into someone slightly, enough to jar himself. Pulling his head up, Rowan glanced at the person he had run into. "Oh, I'm sorry 'bout that kiddo," he said. He flashed a smile, "Hope I didn't mess ya up." Rowan noted the paper in the boy's hand.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Escaping Home (Open) Left_bar_bleue10/150Escaping Home (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)

PostSubject: Re: Escaping Home (Open)   Escaping Home (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Shaun looked up from his notebook and noticed a man standing near him, apparently having bumped into him. It took him a while, but he recognized the guy as Rowan Quistan, the District 8 mentor. Shaun's smile came naturally and he stood up, putting his notebook and pen back into his jacket and said, "It's fine...I can just re-write some of it." He got a quick glance of his notebook and noticed some of the writing was messed up. Oh well. "You're Rowan Quistan, right? Pleasure to meet you sir." He held out a hand for the man to shake, the smile still there.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Escaping Home (Open) Left_bar_bleue0/150Escaping Home (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)

PostSubject: Re: Escaping Home (Open)   Escaping Home (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:49 am

Rowan chuckled as the boy helped himself up. "Sorry 'bout that again, kiddo. I'm too far out of it. Didn't notice the bench, I guess." Rowan shook his head, he must've taken a bit too much to drink already. Chuckling to himself, "Not paying attention will be the death of me now won't it?" Rowan smiled as the boy stood up, apparently he recognized Rowan. "He's a bit too young to remember my Games, at least that's the way it seems. Love being recognized, though," Rowan thought to himself.

The boy stood, stating that he could re-write whatever he had been writing. Rowan chuckled, "Aye, I am Rowan. And, kiddo, the pleasure is all mine." Rowan looked beyond the boy momentarily, "Don't call me sir, please. I don't need to be feeling old just yet." Rowan's laughter brought him back. "Well, kiddo, you know me but I don't know you. How about giving me something that I can call ya? I mean, aside from 'kiddo' now." Rowan looked at the boy, noting that he was about an inch taller than himself. "Can't really look down at him now can I?" he thought.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Escaping Home (Open)   Escaping Home (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Shaun listened politely when Rowan spoke, slowly letting his hand fall to his side and said, "I'm Shaun. Shaun Rivers. I wasn't born yet when you won the games, but I heard stories about it and I've seen a recap of it a couple times." Now what Shaun left out was that he had watched all of the games more than just a couple of times. Ever since he was twelve the games had strangely fascinated him...watching previous ones was like watching something that didn't seem real. But as they got closer to the present, he recognized the tributes. Especially last year's Thomas Quistan. He had apparently been Rowan's nephew, but Shaun didn't think the victor would like to talk about that. So Shaun just looked around a bit, his hands going into his pockets and his gaze went back to Rowan.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Escaping Home (Open)   Escaping Home (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Rowan nodded as the boy, Shaun, spoke. Rowan had been correct, the boy was far too young to have seen his Games. "Watched 'em a couple of times, hmm? That's nice. Appreciate it, kiddo." Rowan blinked and bit his lip. Looking around the area before returning to his pastry, which was almost gone. Rowan finished chewing and looked back at Shaun. "So, eh, what were you writing about before I messed ya up?" Rowan said, attempting to make small talk. He was really out of it since Thomas' passing, but he didn't want Shaun to know that. "You're still eligible to be in the Games, aren't ya?" he noted.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Escaping Home (Open)   Escaping Home (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:33 pm

Shaun smiled when the victor said he appreciated Shaun watching his games. "Don't mention it." He looked around and looked back as Rowan began talking and crossed his arms, still smiling. A question came up and Shaun answered, "Oh, nothing really...just kinda...takin notes on what goes on around the district, so I don't have to remember. I can just read and imagine." Before he knew it, another question was asked which surprised him a bit but Shaun just said, "Yeah...haven't gotten reaped yet...guess the odds have been in my favor."
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Escaping Home (Open)   Escaping Home (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Rowan chuckled at Shaun. For a young one, he seemed that he wanted to remember a fair bit of young life... while it was available to him at least. Everyday he wasn't reaped, though, increased those chances of living. Rowan sighed, turned away from Shaun, and pulled his flask back out. Taking a gulp, he wiped his lip and re-capped the flask, returning it to his inside pocket. Rowan turned back to Shaun again, replacing his smile. "That they have, Shaun. Each day that you aren't reaped, the more you have to look forward to." Rowan chuckled again, this time a hiccup coming out with it. His smile widened. He hadn't meant for that hiccup to come out. "Excuse me on that. That isn't like me. Nor is this, but that isn't a problem. He flashed a smile again. At what, he wasn't even sure.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Escaping Home (Open)   Escaping Home (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:07 pm

Shaun laughed along with Rowan and then heard the hiccup. He started apoloagizing for it and Shaun said, "Don't worry about it. You've been through a lot. You deserve to have a few drinks...or a little more than a few. As long as you aren't drunk on the job of course." Shaun smiled back to hims and crossed his arms, beginning to look around once more and noticed that there were a lot more people walking around than before. He would have to write that down later.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Escaping Home (Open)   Escaping Home (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Rowan Quistan -- District Eight Mentor

Rowan smiled at Shaun. For one so young, he sure seemed to know Rowan. "Yea. You're right! You're damn right for that matter!" Rowan slightly yelled. Shaun had a point, Rowan did have a right to a few drinks after what had happened. Slapping Shaun's shoulder (not too hard, of course), Rowan chuckled. "So, Shaun, do you think that you'll ever be reaped? I mean, ya can't have more than a year or two before you're inelegible." Rowan sighed, "I remember when I was reaped. I had friends galor... and enemies for that matter. The friends wanted to see me return home a Victor. The enemies wanted me dead of course. I stayed strong, though. Stayed strong for my family, Cassidy mostly by that point. The Reaping was tough, knowing the odds of me returning were slim to non." Rowan chocked up a little, remincing. Shaking his head, "I proved them all wrong. The disbelievers were in awe, and the Career Districts in more awe. Some speculated that I had cheated, what with my family being close to the Capitol at the point. However, I knew I hadn't. My victory was no fluke. Pure skill kept me alive."

Rowan went silent. He slowly realized the population of the area growing. He shook his head. "Rambling, ain't I?"

items : Flask
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escaping Home (Open)   Escaping Home (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Escaping Home (Open)
Page 1 of 1