The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cosmetic Mutations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Turtles

Turtles

Male Posts : 44
Birthday : 1996-09-30

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Cosmetic Mutations Left_bar_bleue0/0Cosmetic Mutations Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name:: N/A
Alliance:: N/A

Cosmetic Mutations Empty
PostSubject: Cosmetic Mutations   Cosmetic Mutations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:31 am

In the Hunger Games series, we are introduced to a scant few mutations, or mutts, as they are commonly known. We see those used in the arena by Gamemakers, and are given descriptions of some of those used in the war. We see genetic manipulation used as a weapon several times. It is, however, an incredibly versatile concept; genetic modification could be used in harmless, beautiful ways.

Dogs with fur that is naturally pink, or blue, or any other color. Birds with human singing voices. Centuries of domestication done in seconds in a petri dish. I'd like to advocate for capitol characters to be able to have mutts as pets- within reason. No bioweapons, of course. Just pretty, frivolous things. The Panem equivalent of crazy dog breed mixing.

Whether or not the mutation is too powerful would be at the mod's discretion, of course; that should go without saying. However, as long as it's simply a fashion thing, where's the harm?
Back to top Go down

Cosmetic Mutations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmetic Mutations   Cosmetic Mutations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:40 pm

I don't think there's any particular problem with having mutts as Capitol character pets on the surface because they aren't as heavily RPed, but we've already allowed crazy pets for Capitol people that do exist on earth. For instance, my capitol character has a giant tortoise (not like supernaturally giant, just one of those big Galapagos tortoises) who she walks around with on a leash. I'll bring this up on staff chat but I don't see a problem with it as of yet, except that if someone did use a dangerous mutt, that character would not be immediately accepted. It'd just be another thing to check for on forms and open to interpretation. It doesn't seem like something that will cause a lot of harm but I'll check on6staff and get back to you at some point. (I have finals coming up, so I apologize if that some point is a bit far off in the future.) Otherwise, other staff members might just reply here and if you get an OK from senior staff then that'll work as well. Thanks for your feedback and sorry for all these typos, I'm in a hurry. xD
Back to top Go down
Turtles

Turtles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Cosmetic Mutations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmetic Mutations   Cosmetic Mutations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks Rainy! I understand completely.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Cosmetic Mutations Left_bar_bleue150/150Cosmetic Mutations Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Cosmetic Mutations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmetic Mutations   Cosmetic Mutations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:39 pm

We already allow pets with dyed fur, etc as well as more abnormal pets, such as big cats yada yada. As far as a mutt persay, a mutt is more or less something the Capitol created as a weapon against the districts as well as something dangerous in the games. To say muttation isn't really the best word to use. But we do already allow dogs and cats with dyed hairor different colors (a fact you can see on a few capitol character sheets already). No I don't believe you could have anything dangerous like the foxagator from the 28th games, but yes you can have a poodle with blue hair as that has been an acceptable practice since the beginning.

Of course this subject will be brought up with the rest of staff like Rain said, and we will give you a more detailed answer at that time

- Ari
Back to top Go down
Turtles

Turtles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Cosmetic Mutations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmetic Mutations   Cosmetic Mutations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:46 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cosmetic Mutations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmetic Mutations   Cosmetic Mutations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cosmetic Mutations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Out of Character :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: