The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MOVIE TOWN!!!

Go down 
+4
ArtsyAmy
Ariiyoko
Matti
Pale Sea Cow
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Male Posts : 45

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
MOVIE TOWN!!! Left_bar_bleue0/150MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Nathaniel Dabrowski
Alliance:: None

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Hey everyone! Being a new member I would like to get to know people. I think one of the easiest ways to do that is discuss what movies people like. I love everything film (it's my hope to be a filmmaker) so just wanted to start a topic where everyone can talk movies! What have you seen? What do you like? What don't you like? Anything really Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
MOVIE TOWN!!! Left_bar_bleue0/0MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name::
Alliance::

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi dude! Okay, so like, I just watched The Host and it was like spectacular, had a happy ending. I missed the first 15 minutes of it though, so that sucks. But scary movies are awesomeness. Yeah, love stories disgust me, all you see is kissing and drama between who get's what guy/girl, even though it always ends up being perfect at the end. So like, yeah, The Host, Insidious, and Silent House are my favorite movies, unless you count childhood movies, ♥Scooby Doo♥. Bye!
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
MOVIE TOWN!!! Left_bar_bleue150/150MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Eww get out of here with your movie talk Wink

Anyways...you know what kinds of movies I like but for those who don't know I love comedies, horror flicks and action stuff. I love Disney (who doesn't?) and really anything Quentin Tarantino has done. I have a love for terrible movies, especially bad horror, but really just bad movies in general as they are fun to just make fun of. My favorite movies would have to be....uhh....probably Mean Girls,  Anchorman, Inglorious Basterds, Hot Rod and This is the End. Those are movies I could watch over and ovet again and never get bored of them.
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Matti_leopard:
The Host was awesome! Been a while since I watched it though. Need to pop my dvd back in XD Horror movies are my favorite too! Did you see Sinister? If you liked Insidious you should give it a shot!

Ari:
Haha! Of course I know the movies you like Ariel Wink I haven't watched Hot Rod in a while. I still almost fall out of my chair every time he falls down the hill XD I think Anchorman 2 comes out around Christmas right?
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Of course I have watched Sinister. It just wasn't my favorite three. But Disney is cool Ari Razz I just find it awesome how Silent House when she takes pictures to see and she see's a girl dead in the bath tub. And then Insidious' Tip Toe Through The Tulips Song is adorable. And then the Host when they don't kill Wanda, but give her a new body to Host. All of it just thrills me.
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:12 pm

I think we're thinking of different Host films XD I meant the korean monster movie from 2006 haha
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:20 pm

Oh. I meant the one with the parasites, from the makers of Twilight. Oh, and obviously I liked the Hunger Games movie. But I have never seen that one in my entire life. I was only like 5 years old in 2006. XD
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Female Posts : 521
Birthday : 1998-06-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Hello Very Happy I love movies too! Not horror though! I love Disney/Pixar (who doesn't?), Indies and Dystopian/Sci Fi movies. I also love big franchises, like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and of course The Hunger Games! I recently saw Now You See Me and it is brilliant. It's a magic based heist styled movie with brilliant acting and script and art direction. I loved it.

Oh and also, welcome to the forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Thank you! Are you looking forward to Elysium, the new Matt Damon sci-fi flick?
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Absolutely! I am definitely seeing that when it comes out! That's the sort of movies I love, very different and mysterious to the world we live in.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Oh and, I completely forgot about a movie series I hate. STAR WARS. I have never watched it in my entire life, unless you count 5 minutes of the guy in the mask and his son fighting. Fell asleep during it. Ironic because I was born on National Star Wars day in the US. May The Fourth Be With You
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Pretty much any comedy is good to me. Notably This is the End, Superbad. I like the Transformers series, Pirates of the Carribean, Dark Knight, Iron Man, Avengers. I'll count Red vs Blue too, although, Web Series and not movies.

A lot of other stuff, but obviously I'm not going to list every movie I've ever liked here.
Welcome to the site though Razz

Also Matti, Revenge of the Fifth is the day after your birthday Wink
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:36 pm

Oh gosh Matti. The guy I talk about a few days ago (my crush) won't like that. Star Wars is his favourite franchise! Plus, he was named after one of the characters from it!
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Really? Interesting. I've never really been a fan of the prequels but I grew up on the original trilogy on VHS so Star Wars holds a special place in my childhood. Also, I now feel old Matti Razz
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Personally I have nothing against the prequel trilogy, it is a decent story.

I just have something against Jar Jar Binks.
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Thanks Gaz! This is the End was awesome! I can't wait until it's out on blu-ray! I don't really have anything aginst the prequels I would just rather watch the original trilogy. both trilogies feel different Smile
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:42 pm

And yes..... Jar Jar is the worst haha
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Ohh ohh MOVIES! <3

I mean, Welcome to the forums! Very Happy I'm Chii! Razz Really love films too xD hoping to be writing for films next time Cool

I'm pretty much a huge comedy junkie, heck, I'm a movies junkie in general Very Happy Guess the only things that I don't really watch are superheroes movies in the past, D: ikr, what is this girl thinking. I've watched like Iron Man, Thor, The Avengers, but not much of a Batman, Superman, etc fan. Razz I just watched The Conjuring and I gotta say, it was great xD the story was very interesting actually. This Is The End isn't coming to Singapore and I'm really sad D: . but guess I'll hafta live with watching it on the internet. Can't wait for The Internship to finally premier here xD I'm a big fan of those books to movies, even though people say that the movies are never as good as the books, they're great as movies xD and the excitement of just waiting and fangirling from castings all the way to premiers xD
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi Chii! I know you said your not much into Batman, but maybe give "The Dark Knight" a shot if you haven't seen it. It's the second film in the trilogy and it's much more of a crime thriller than a super hero movie. Take off the masks and you have something along the lines of "The Departed" or "Goodfellas" lol
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 2:15 pm

Plus, Heath Ledger's Joker is Legend.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Hiya! I'm Sor! ^_^

I like movies, and I love the idea of film production myself. Sadly I haven't watched a lot of movies that I consider very well done. I also do like script writing myself, just silly little things, and short films, and I enjoy doing it.

As for movies genres I don't really like, that'd be science fiction like, Star wars, Star trek, I just can't handle those, I mean in film production and screen writing they're probably pretty good, it's just not my thing. Also, I don't generally like horror films, they scare me, and I have a huge imagination so I freak out before I have to sleep, other than that some plot lines for horror movies are pretty interesting too.

As for movies I have watched that I do rather enjoy, Hunger games, American Pie, Life of Pi, Narnia (All three movies), Pirates of the Caribbean (all four), Tangled, Brave, The Hunter, Meet the Fockers, and much much more that I can't remember at this moment.

Edit: Avengers, and How to train your dragon! Gaz\'s Smilie
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Sor, I found something we have in common, we aren't the fondest of Star Wars and Star Trek. But yeah,  I don't know if you wanna count TV shows in this, but Falling Skies Gaz\'s Smilie . Connor Jessup is awesome, only reason I liked it in season one xD But yeah, I like all the stuff Connor's in, like Blackbird Razz . That's a movie, so yeah. Bye again. I'll be back if anyone talks about Star Wars again.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:16 pm

It must be said.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy Gaz\'s Smilie
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
MOVIE TOWN!!! Left_bar_bleue10/150MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 7:39 am

YES LORD OF THE RINGS!!!

I mean...welcome to the forum! I saw this opportunity and...well now I'm taking it. Now, the first thing I must touch on...Star Wars. To me, greatest sci-fi fantasy movies of all time. But not the greatest. That would be Lord of the Rings, but I'll start fanboying about that later.

IT IS LATER. Lord of the Rings is the grandfather of all medieval fantasy and also, all movies. People say it has a slow beginning, but recently I realized that it's all one big movie. There's The Fellowship of the Ring where all the plot and character development take place. The Two Towers where there's more action leading up to the climax and then...Return of the King. Packed with action, orcs getting run through, Samwise Gamgee turning awesome, and...ranting. But yeah, Lord of the Rings, awesome film. Oh, also...TWO MORE HOBBIT MOVIES WOO.

Now...just movies I thought were good that don't deserve explaining...kinda. Pulp Fiction, Die Hard, White House Down (it was good, don't judge me because of the bad reviews...it had Django so it's ok), How to Train Your Dragon, Sorcerer's Apprentice, and the Hunger Games. Now, a bit more detail for some movies.

CAPTAIN AMERICA, THE FIRST AVENGER. In my eyes, I say screw the others keep Captain America coming. He's my favorite Avenger, particularly because he was so humble about getting them. He didn't ask to be chosen...he was given an offer which he decided to take. And before I start ranting again, I'm gonna go ahead and say that movie and character...awesome.

Now...a movie I wanted to kinda...explain a bit more. Percy Jacson and the Sea of Monsters. Don't hate me, but that seemed like a much better movie than the first one...isn't saying too much, but it's saying something. The first one was...bad. The second one just covered a bunch of stuff up like the Mist, Clarisse, Mister D, etc. And, best part...you got Stanely Tucci and Nathan Fillion. What more do we want? Besides...something that doesn't include huge random things that were never in the book...or a Circe...but hey, movie was a huge improvement.

My movie rants are huge sooo...yeah. Fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:53 am

Hey, nothing wrong with liking Percy Jackson! This is a place to celebrate all film :DI realized I haven't listed much of what I like XD. I have too many to list, but some that I dig include the Evil Dead series, Halloween series, Friday the 13th series, (etc on the horror movies haha), pretty much all Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez films, all Kevin Smith films (Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma, etc), Hot Rod, Anchorman, the Shining, The Wall, Watchmen, The Dark Knight trilogy, and (speaking of Lord of the Rings) Peter Jackson's early work like Bad Taste and Dead Alive.... I have no idea if anyone has seen some of this stuff since it's pretty random lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOVIE TOWN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIE TOWN!!!   MOVIE TOWN!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOVIE TOWN!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next