The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Only Life Was Simple

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
If Only Life Was Simple  Left_bar_bleue0/0If Only Life Was Simple  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name::
Alliance::

If Only Life Was Simple  Empty
PostSubject: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Bye Mat! I'm going out to get some fresh air. I'll be back later, so don't get into any trouble." Torrence told his younger brother, Mat, as he walked outside with a small basket of food. He was planning to have a rather special meal alone somewhere. Torrence had no clue where though, probably just where his feet took him. He needed to get away from the world for a few hours. Even if Torrence couldn't get away from life for the life of him, he still just hoped for peace and quiet. Everything was too overwhelming for him, especially with Haylee. Torrence felt sorry for the Reigh family, since they lost their sibling, and had no clue where their parents were. He wanted to do something to help them, but Torrence didn't really help much. The latest words his father told him were Torrence, you aren't helping, just making it worse..

Eventually, Torrence ended up at the Ravine of the district. It wasn't his best day for choosing what to do, because Torrence planned to go to a patch of grass, not where he was. He decided to stay, because he would just walk to another place he wouldn't want to be. Torrence placed the basket on the ground and sat there. He set a cloth onto the ground and placed a slice of bread, some fruits, and a thin slice of ham. He smiled and started to eat the apple. It had been his best meal he'd had in quite a while.

When Torrence was almost done with his lunch, he started to hear the echo of footsteps coming towards him.
"Hello?" He said, looking around, to see if it was his imagination or if someone or something had come to greet him.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Female Posts : 521
Birthday : 1998-06-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
If Only Life Was Simple  Left_bar_bleue150/150If Only Life Was Simple  Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:20 am

"Where's Torrence?" Haylee asks her sister. She had just woken up, and hadn't seen Torrence around. "He's just gone down to the ravines. He had quite a bit of food with him tho..." Haylee ignored the rest of what her sister had to say and ran towards the Ravines. She was very careful not to fall or trip over and then she saw Torrence. She walked over to him.

"Hello Torri." she said, sitting down next to him. She had been to the ravines a few times, but she never had a proper look at the scenery. She loved it. She was thinking that she should hang around here more often.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
If Only Life Was Simple  Left_bar_bleue0/0If Only Life Was Simple  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Torrence jumped to his feet when he saw that the footsteps were Haylee's. He was excited to see her, even though he thought he would get a few minutes alone. Torrence gave her a quick smile as he picked up an apple. "Hey Haylee. How did you find me. I thought I only told Mat where I was going., Torrence said, offering Haylee an apple. Just because she was there didn't mean he couldn't still enjoy his lunch. He picked up the final apple and took a big bite out of it. He sat down as he started to swallow. "And I thought you were going to spend time with your family for a bit." Torrence said to her suspiciously. He expected her to be with them for a couple of days, not just overnight. Torrence knew how losing a family member was like, and he still hasn't gotten over it. Haylee was a strong girl though, so it wasn't completely surprising to him. "How are all your siblings taking it?" He asked with a concerned look on his face.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
If Only Life Was Simple  Left_bar_bleue150/150If Only Life Was Simple  Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:23 pm

"My sister told me you were here. Plus, I couldn't be there any longer. It was getting depressing." Melody replied. She took a big bite of her apple, hoping that her brother might still be alive. "Besides, we've had to deal with our Mum and Dad gone, so death isn't new to us. It's not a worry as much of a shock." She wasn't going to let one thing ruin her life. She had learnt that from previous experiences. She knew that she just had to enjoy life.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Torrence looked at Haylee like she was crazy. He hadn't seen her sister since yesterday. Torrence decided not to question it though. "Surprised you haven't stayed inside all day" He said and smiled. He knew about her troubles with her parents, but it still wasn't a good excuse. Torrence hugged her tightly. "You have no clue how much I have been thinking about you." He told her, watching her eat the apple he gave to her. Torrence took another bite of his apple, too, after he let go of Haylee.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Female ~ 14 ~ District 4

Haylee smiles at Torrence when he said those sweet words about her. "Thank you. I've always felt like a loser my whole life. I would always be treated like one as well. Then you came. And now I feel like a winner, because I won your heart. And you have won mines as well." Haylee said. Torrence was the only thing that could and would keep her mind off her sibling's death.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Torrence looked surprised when Haylee said she felt like she was a loser her whole life. He knew it wasn't true, because she was too awesome to Torrence. "That's actually surprising to me, because you've always been a winner. You've never been a loser, because nobody is a loser in my eyes. Everybody has something they've done or have to make them a winner." Torrence told her. He took another bite of an apple, and chewed it slowly before swallowing. He never knew if this apple could be his last. Torrence look at her eyes, her beautiful eyes. "So, what's been new since we last saw each other?" Torrence asked, continuing to stare in to her eyes. He felt like it was a trance of some sort, and he just couldn't take his eyes off hers. His were just a plain hazel color, but her brown eyes looked special. Torrence finally looked away, completely unaware of if she said anything or not. "Did you say something, because I just couldn't- I mean, I was distracted. By footsteps." Torrence told Haylee, which was a lie. There weren't any footsteps, and its never good to act totally obsessed with a girl, or that's what he thought. Torrence took another bite of the apple he had in his hand. The apple's skin was peeled off already, because he didn't like the skin of an apple. The apple was full of a juice that felt good on the roof of his mouth. Torrence swallowed the apple slice he bit, only chewing in for about a few seconds. He gulped once, so he could make sure it went completely down to the stomach.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Female ~ 14 ~ District 5

Haylee smiles when Torrence says that. She puts her hair behind her ear, fiddling about. "Not much has happened. My siblings are right now discussing funeral arrangements, but I don't want to get involved. Not when I have someone here who can make me happy." Torrence got distracted, and Haylee thinks that it wasn't because of footsteps, but love. He was making it pretty obvious that he was gazing into her eyes. She giggled but never mentioned it. She even decided to play along.

"I'm sure it was Torri. Like I said before you got distracted, my siblings are discussing plans for the funeral, but I don't want to get involved. Not when I have someone who makes me the happiest I can ever be right here." Haylee really loves Torrence. And she couldn't bare to think how she would have coped in the games, especially with Torrence in as well. She was happy that people volunteered to take their place. She thinks their mad, but she loves them.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Torrence smiled as she knew that he lied about being distracted, but decided to keep it going. "Yeah, but nobody's stalking us, so I guess I was just imagining things. I never went either of my moms' funerals, yet they didn't really have one, just some of the family gathered around. But yeah, your brother was a cool guy from what I saw." Torrence said, putting his hands in his pockets. Silence, is all that could be heard. Torrence started tapping his foot, nervously. A little bit of sweat was on his forehead, probably because it was pretty hot down here. "Yeah." He blurted out, starting to look into her eyes again. There was something in them that reminded him of his mom. The rim around the pupil, almost just like his mom's. Torrence smiled, and even formed an image of her in his mind. He hadn't seen her in eight years or so.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Female ~ 14 ~ District 5

Haylee looks at Torrence and only manages to nod when he mentions her brother. Haylee loves her brother, she really does. It was getting too much though. They never made this much deal with their Mum and Dad. They can't even bury him, as his body's in the sea somewhere!

"How's your brother?" she asked. She liked hearing about his brother. Torrence and his brother seemed to have a close relationship. She loved that about him.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Torrence looked around the Ravine. He didn't really like telling things so loud the whole world could see. He leaned next to Haylee's ear and told her how Mathew was, "He's fine, I think." Torrence whispered. He stood up, and leaned against something that was imaginary, yet stayed standing. He leaned back all he could before he paused so he wouldn't fall.

"I think he's coming down with a cold, though. He's been coughing like crazy." Torrence said, crossing his arms. He wanted to ask her the same question, but about all her siblings, but Torrence didn't want to see her get emotional on how her siblings are emotional. "How are your siblings?" Torrence asked aloud, not really realizing he did until he finished. He almost fell back first but regained his balance with his arms. Torrence heard the movement of his feet being placed back onto the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Only Life Was Simple    If Only Life Was Simple  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Only Life Was Simple
Page 1 of 1