The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grocery shopping

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FireStarter

FireStarter

Female Posts : 576
Birthday : 1999-08-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Grocery shopping Left_bar_bleue5/150Grocery shopping Empty_bar_bleue  (5/150)
Character Name:: Jasper Kelt
Alliance:: None

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:29 pm

After being shoved by my father out of the door,I started walking towards the grocery store.I was only watching from my left eye since the other was black and swollen,my nose was bloody and broken and I had a slight limp.But,other than that,I was okay.And I was happy to finally be out.
I glanced at Melody's house but sighed and kept walking;it wouldn't do good to her to see me like that.I hoped I could go and see her but I wasn't allowed out of the house for the rest of the week,unless to go shopping or to work.I wondered how she was feeling,if she was awake yet.Propably not,it was too early.
My stomach grumbled but I ignored it.I hadn't eaten since a couple days ago.Dear brother said I was too fat.Well,maybe I was.It would do me good to stay without food for a while.Maybe if I got chosen at the Games,it'd be easier to stand the hunger.I passed in front of the bakery and watched as the baker but a freshly baked cake behind the glass.My stomach growled again,bringing me back to reality.I turned my head to the ground and kept walking.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Female Posts : 521
Birthday : 1998-06-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Grocery shopping Left_bar_bleue150/150Grocery shopping Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:38 pm

MELODY THORNTON

My Dad has sent me to go get food for supper. I have a few berries and some old clothes to trade. As soon as I see the grocery store, I see him. Joseph. He looks even more bet up than before. If it was because of me, I feel really bad. I simply grab his hand and hope he recognises me. I don't want to give him too much of a fright.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:41 pm

I turned my head surprised,only to look into the face fo the very known Melody Thornton.Was it relly her or just an illusion from thinking too much about her?I slowly raised my arm and touched her nose.Very real.I smiled brightly and pulled her into a hug.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Grocery shopping Left_bar_bleue150/150Grocery shopping Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 5:17 pm

MELODY THORNTON

I feel safe when I am with him. Whether I am hugging him or holding his hands, he wouldn't hurt me. I know where his scars came from, and I don't want to be rude and ask. I just enjoy the hug. I look over his shoulder to see a silhouette of a man, walking up. Somehow, I don't think that this isn't just a man, and I know this isn't my Dad. My Dad would never walk and behave the way this man. I quickly tap on Joseph's shoulder and point at the man. I hope this wasn't who I think it is.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 7:33 pm

I turned to see where she was pointing and my face turned pale.Oh no.Not now
I looked around us quickly before grabbing her arm and pulling us both in the grocery store.I ran with her to the back of the shop and waited,looking nervously at the door.

Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:38 am

MELODY THORNTON

By the worry of Joseph's face, I knew it was has Father. He was taking me behind the store, but I had a plan. "Joseph, let's run to my Dad's house. If he comes near my Dad, he will beat him up and he isn't afraid to do so," I say. I immediately grab his hand and start running to my house. I hope he isn't upset with me dragging him. I just want him safe. I don't care about myself right now. If Joseph gets bet up even more, he could possibly die.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:26 am

I got pulled out of the shop before I could register what was happening.I stopped and pulled her hand to stop her too.I shook my head and bit my bottom lip,looking around quickly.My dad was walking toward us.He hadn't seen us yet but he would if he came closer.I pulled her behind a tree and put my finger on her lips to silence her.I pointed at her and then the ground,trying to tell her to stay here.I smiled at her and kissed her forehead before leaving the tree and walking back to the grocery store.My dad saw me and was next to me immediatelly.He grabbed my arm and slammed me against the wall of a builting.
"What are you doing here,you mutt?You were supposed to be home by now,you must clean"He said,his breathe smelling like alchool."What,did you think you'd escape?"He asked and laughed cruely before grabbing my hair and slamming my head against the wall.I let out a strangled cry as blood started running down my neck.He threw me on the ground and spat."Get moving.I want you home in an hour"He growled and left.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:47 am

MELODY THORNTON

I am sick and tired of Joseph being bet up by his abusive Dad, plus his brother must be part of it. He doesn't look like he gets treated like a slave. As soon as they go in, I run to my house and call on my Dad immediately.

"Dad, I just saw Joseph getting bet up by his Dad for the second time now. I am really worried about him," I tell my Dad as I start crying.

"Right, that's enough! Take me to their house, I am going to f***ing give his Dad what he f***ing deserves!" I excuse my Dad's language this time as I feel the exact same way. I just don't want Dad to get hurt.

I lead the way over to Joseph's house and I tell Dad that he better be careful. He just says that he doesn't care if he gets hurt, he just feels that child abuse is bulls*** and should be a crime. He knocks on the door so hard that he could have knocked it down.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:53 am

I had quickly finish the shopping and returned to my house as soon as I could.Melody was gone and I was thankfull of that.Suddenly there was a banging on the door.I was cleaning the kitchen and went to open,only to find Melody and her dad outside.I looked behind me before stepping out and gently closing the door.I smiled at her and her dad but looked her questionly.She shouldn't be here,it was dangerous for her.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:04 am

MELODY THORNTON

"Where's your f***ing father?!" my Dad screams. I automatically apologise to Joseph and explain what happened. "Melody, please take Joseph to our house whilst I deal with his f***ing abusive family," he tells me. I can hear the Dads fighting and punching and I am scared. I have to protect Joseph though.

"Come on Joseph, we'll make sure you never have to see them again." I hope that we are doing the right thing.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:09 am

I shook my head and pushed them away quickly.I looked at her dad paniced and pointed at his heart,then making the movemet like stabbing.I then pointed in my house and shook my head again.I looked at Melody with pleading eyes.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:17 am

MELODY THORNTON

I refuse to let Joseph protect us. He is the one who needs protecting. "Joseph, I know you want me and my Dad to be safe, but I love you and I would go through any amount of pain to be with you and for you to be safe." Inmediately, I grab him by the waist to bring ourselves closer and I kiss him. I don't care if his Dad sees me, I want to be open and not hide my love for him.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:28 am

My eyes widened in surprise but Melody was holding me tightly and I couldn't move.I gently took her face in my hand and returned her kiss,sweet and caring,just like her.I pulled back quickly and smiled at her,blushing deeply.I patted my chest,were my heart was,and pointed at her.I then shook my head and tried to push them away again but it was too late.
The door opened,slamming against the wall,as my brother walked out.He was taller and older than me,with bright blue eyes and messy black hair.He smirked when he saw Melody and turned to look at her dad."Hello,Sir and Young Lady.Will you please excuse us,but my brother has work to do"He said in a sickening sweet voice and grabbed the colar of my shirt."I'm glad to meet you both.He'll meet with you another day"He told them and pulled me back in the house,slamming the door behind us.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Melody Thornton
Female | 12 | District 12

My Dad was furious now. He wasn't going to let him get beaten up. He somehow managed to kick the door off and storm into where his Dad was.

"I'm so sorry about my Dad. We're just trying to keep you safe. It wont take long until your Dad gets the payback he deserves." I grab Joseph's hands and kiss him on the lips again, with meaning and love. I need to keep him distracted until his Dad is hopefully either injured too much to do anything with Joseph or even dead.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:15 pm

I shook my head wildly and pushed my brother away as I tried to stop Melody's Dad.It was too late.Dad was walking down the stairs.With his knife on his belt.My face turned pale and I started pushing them out of the house.I looked at Melody pleadingly and pointed to the knife before I pushed her to the doorstep.Her Dad followed soon and I locked the door behind them.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:24 pm

My Dad knew what his dad have, but it didn't stop him though. He grabbed a knife he kept in his pocket and quickly sharpened it against a rock. I had to apologise again for my Dad's behaviour. I know he didn't want us hurt. My dad quickly went up to his Dad and stabbed him, hoping for some damage to be done. He aimed at the heart, so it should cause damage.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:41 pm

I opened my mouth in a silent scream as my brother grabbed a knife from the kitchen and stabbed it on the back of Melody's Dad.I quickly kicked him at his sensitive spot and pulled the man away,leading him out of the house and placing him on some leaves.I pulled the knife out as silent tears started running from my eyes and ripped my sleeve,tying it around him as a bandage.I wiped my eyes and stared at him intensely,waiting for a sight he was alive
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:46 pm

"Not my Dad you f***ing bastard!" I scream as I grab a rock and bash it on his brother. I then immediately follow Joseph to see my Dad. I couldn't hear my Dad breathing, but it was critical. I turn him over and perform CPR, hoping for just a small sign that he is alive. I apologise again to Joseph and start crying.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:48 pm

I hugged Melody tightly as I stared at her Dad.Please,just be okay,I prayed.She couldn't survive losing another one.I couldn't do that to her.

OOC:H elives or not?
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:02 pm

OOC: He lives, I don't want Melody to lose another one.

I then hear a miracle. A man saying "What happened?" It was my Dad. I tell him what I saw happened. He just smiled. We think that victory is ours. And by the sound of things, I truly think it is. My Dad invites Joseph to our house if he wants. He just went through all that trauma. I feel bad for him because of what he just went through. I quickly hug him and kiss him again, this time though, it was enjoyable. No worries, just sweet and wonderful.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:09 pm

I gently pushed Melody away,we'd have time for kisses later.I gently touched the wound on her Dad's back and looked at his face briefly before untying the bandage and pouring some water on it,tying the fabric again quickly so ti wouldn't get infected
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:43 pm

MELODY THORNTON
Female ~ 12 ~ District 12

I was starting to love Joseph a lot more now. He really cared for me and my Dad. I told my Dad to continue fighting for his life as I quickly kissed Joseph on the cheek. I whispered to him "Wait one minute. I'm going to check if your Dad and brother are still alive." I walk through the door and take a glance at his Dad ans brother. Sure enough, they were lying on the ground covered in blood. It was safe to say that they are dead.

I go back to tell them the news and I see that my Dad is now sitting up, talking to Joseph, He is still hurt, but I can tell that he will survive. "Dad, its best that we get someone trained to look after you. Possibly get you medication." My Dad nods in agreement. I look over to Joseph, hoping for him to agree. Maybe we could get him sorted out as well whilst we are there. I hate seeing Joseph beaten up and hurt.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:14 am

I sighed and nodded,getting up.So now I was left with no family.I shook my head and helped Melody get her Dad up,throwing one of his arms around my shoulders.I started slowly walking towards their home since he needed to lay down and rest.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:45 pm

MELODY THORNTON
Female ~ 12 ~ District 12

I walk back to my house with my Dad and Joseph. I could tell that he was worried. I had a feeling that it was because he didn't have a family anymore.

"Joseph, don't worry. You are part of the Thornton family now. Not only as my boyfriend, but as if you were one of the family from the start." I say, smiling. I look over to him, looking into his beautiful eyes. I think how lucky I am to have found him. I look up and whisper a thank you to Grace. It was as if she was giving a message to go find him.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:13 am

I blushed deeply and smiled shyly at her.I nodded and kept walking,wanting to get as far away as I could from my old home

OOC:Sorry,short post,I know.Wanna keep posting at her home?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grocery shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grocery shopping   Grocery shopping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grocery shopping
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next