The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Low Carb Only

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Low Carb Only Empty
PostSubject: Low Carb Only   Low Carb Only Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Low Carb Only Tumblr_m8v6e7A6QY1re01r1o1_500
Low Carb Only Create.php?text=Valerie%20Royal&name=Shelter%20Me
Good, Valerie thought to herself. Lunch is the perfect time to make allies. She picked up a tray, headed for the food, and put some carrot sticks and celery on a plate. She got some ice cold water as well, and added a few cherries to her small pile of vegetables, just in case. You never know when you might need something a little sweet, she mused. "Thanks," she said politely, smiling at the cook in the back. Valerie was not one to forget manners, at least not in this case. She sat down at an empty table, waiting for someone to approach her. Valerie couldn't wait for the Games to start, but she did want to make a few allies first.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Low Carb Only Left_bar_bleue150/150Low Carb Only Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Low Carb Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Carb Only   Low Carb Only Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Low Carb Only Create.php?text=Kaius%20Hughe&name=FREEBSC_
Low Carb Only Tumblr_inline_mgxlasTKRM1ret15b

Kaius deviated from the training centre to the lunch room, there were way too many people in the training centre and he was getting hungry anyways so it was a great time to come round for some food. He picked up his tray and grabbed all the food that he felt like having; An apple, some bread, soup, a cup of orange juice, some kind of chicken - or at least that's what he assumed it was. He smiled to the lady serving their food and walked towards a familiar face, sitting down opposite her and started digging in to his own food. He realised something and paused, looking up to his district partner with the awkward silence. "Oh.. Uh, sorry I just thought.. Should I move?" Kaius swallowed what was in his mouth before he said and put down his utensils. Then he realised what was on Valerie's own plate and he couldn't help but ask, "that's all you're eating?"
Back to top Go down

Low Carb Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Carb Only   Low Carb Only Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Low Carb Only Tumblr_m63n5iQizk1ql9rca
Valerie smiled as Kaius sat down, and tried not to 'awww' when he asked if he should leave. "You can stay, don't worry," she said with a laugh. She picked up a celery stick and bit off a piece, making sure to finish chewing and swallowing before speaking. "Yeah... I eat low-carb only." She took another bite of the celery and washed it down with a sip of water. "So," Valerie began, "Got any plans for the Games yet? Prospective allies?" She thought she had seen Kaius talking with a few people and figured making conversation might as well be combined with more important questions while she was at it. She got along well enough with Kaius and wouldn't reject a possibility of alliance, but she wasn't desparate for one either. Valerie would take things as they came.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Low Carb Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Carb Only   Low Carb Only Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:48 am

Low Carb Only Tumblr_inline_mgxlg1SPiq1ret15b

He smiled and took up his fork again, poking at his 'chicken', "thanks, not exactly easy to talk to everyone here when they very well could just be thinking about killing you when they have the chance." Kaius picked up his cup of orange juice and shrugged before drowning down a big gulp of it, "but carbs can be good for you. And well, might as well enjoy life while we're standing on a silver lining." He bit into the chicken, clearing his plate quite quickly. Kaius shrugged yet again when Valerie asked about the people around here, "not yet, I guess just do what my gut tells me... to do? Okay, that's just dumb, but I'll pull through the week and think of something I hope.. And nah, haven't spoke a word to many of them here. Guess my prospect of allies wouldn't be too bright." He mumbled his last sentence and sagged his shoulders, sighing. People and him just don't click, trying to do so is like trying to shoo away something that's already a part of him. "How bout you? Got any better luck than me?" he tried to continue to conversation though it may be in a bad way.
Back to top Go down

Low Carb Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Carb Only   Low Carb Only Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 am

Low Carb Only Tumblr_m651n2TKcD1ql9rca
Valerie shrugged. "Eh, I'm pretty used to lavish food. Rich family." She took another bite of celery white Kaius spoke, then nodded. "Nope. Pretty much the same." I swear the people here are all asexual. And, like, not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm a bit offended, Valerie added in her head. "I guess random people will come along in the Games... or we'll both just die in the first five minutes." She raised her water glass in mock toast. "But let's hope not."

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Low Carb Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Carb Only   Low Carb Only Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Low Carb Only Tumblr_mjmic4BdS01ri0s0lo1_500

"Well, let's enjoy the last of the lavishness," Kaius chuckled, finishing off his plate, leaving with just an untouched apple. "Maybe we just aren't that likable, not that I'd understand why," he joked, knowing fully why he could be so unlikable. Spinning the apple on the table, taking a little longer before finishing his lunch with it. Kaius glanced around the lunch room where he noticed quite a lot of people were around now, and some mingling around more than others. But then again, maybe it was better not to mingle around too much. You never know when that emotional attachment would get to you, and by then, could one really bring themselves to kill the rest later? Knowing some people would be nice, to just live a little before the fiasco starts, but Kaius is skeptical about that. He grinned and lifted his glass of orange juice to complete the toast, "to trying to not die by the first five minutes." Kaius bit into the apple, the crunch of it filling up some silence as Kaius let the conversation slip to nothing, unable to save it.
Back to top Go down

Low Carb Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Carb Only   Low Carb Only Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:24 pm

Low Carb Only Tumblr_m92gshlkNL1re01r1o1_500
Valerie let the silence carry on for a little while longer before she spoke. "I guess with no clear path, one of us could always embrace being lost and play the victim," she said thoughtfully, "but that wouldn't work so well for be, being an over-privileged rich girl who can afford to go low-carb without starving to death. Not much room for sympathy there." She laughed. "You could probably pull it off. You've got the whole puppy-eyed thing going on." Valerie sighed and chased a carrot stick around her plate with a fork. "Not that it's usually a good idea to take advice from me." She honestly didn't know what she was going to do. She'd thought the interviews would help, but no allies could mean instant death, even if she could somehow convince the Capitol to love her, which wasn't going to happen. Valerie suddenly felt something strange. Ugh, what is this? she wondered, wrinkling her nose. Is this what it feels like to not have things go the way you want or expect them too? I hate it. Knowing the future probably wouldn't go too well but with nobody influential to complain to, Valerie decided to accept it. It was better than publicly whining. She had nothing against whining, and would have been a hypocrite if she had, but she knew better than to do it in public. That would be hard to live down.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Low Carb Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Carb Only   Low Carb Only Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:52 am

Low Carb Only Tumblr_inline_mgxl3iMcTf1ret15b

Kaius started to laugh along, imagining Valerie pull the pitiful look for the crowd during her interview, "well there's always a first." And then he shook his head with a grin before continuing, "me? I doubt so. Wet blanket, yes. Puppy dog eyes? Ehh.. Not so much." He placed the core of the apple on to his plate, cupping the glass of orange in his hands, taking his own sweet time for lunch, not exactly wanting to go back there just yet. "Why not?" Kaius slightly tilted his head to his left, advices were what the advisor thinks would be best, it can't always be wrong. Then again, what did he know? He was never one to know.. how to give advices. He quickly shrugged nonchalantly, "that makes two of us, but I don't think I ever had advices to give."
Back to top Go down

Low Carb Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Carb Only   Low Carb Only Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Low Carb Only Tumblr_m6u6c98LGa1ql9rca
Valerie shrugged. "I'm usually only good at telling people what to do when I'm trying to lead them in the wrong direction." She could recall many a time where she had led people astray down the path she knew would end in their complete social annihilation. Slightly ashamed, although she wasn't sure why, Valerie looked down at the table. She was sure plenty of people in her district were happy to see her in line to die in an obscenely violent manner, but was pleased there were a few she thought might be upset. Well, that's kind of awful, she realized, Being relieved that maybe not everyone wants you dead? Hmph. Maybe I should switch up my angle. She voiced the idea as well. "I was going to go for sexy and confident, but I'll probably try for sweet. I've got nothing in these Games to be confident about." She sighed and finished her glass of water, looking up as someone dropped their tray of food a few feet away. She was mildly contented with the fact that she didn't feel sympathetic. At least I'm not too far gone, she thought wryly. "I'm probably going to go train some more. I should really learn how to fight with more than a pair of high heels. It was a lovely lunch, though. Good talking to you, though. Oh- and in case I don't get a chance to say this before the games, good luck out there," Valerie said with a smile and a dip of her head before getting up and leaving the lunch room. She had chosen a path, now, and would try her best to stick to it. Beyotches didn't get allies unless they were good enough at what they did to warrant being beyotchy, and something had thrown her off. Nice girls did. It was a little too late to be a sweetheart, but Valerie figured it was never too late to have at least a small change of heart.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Low Carb Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Carb Only   Low Carb Only Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:51 am

Low Carb Only Tumblr_inline_mk2xz9ZBLa1qz4rgp

"Well, when you look at one side of the coin, it's a bad thing, but flip the coin around, it can be a good thing," Kaius grinned, thinking about it. Use your flaw to your advantage, they always say. Mostly easier said than done though. "Sweet is a safe play. Wouldn't be too hard to accomplish that. I'm still undecided about what cards to play, what kinds of cards I have at hand," Kaius mimicked her troubled sigh and swallowed a laugh, maybe District 3 tributes all have a common problem. "High heels could do a good deal of damage sometimes, " Kaius said it as a matter of fact and grinned, continuing as she decided to head back, "Yeah you too. See you in the ball game," he waved to her as Valerie left the lunch room and Kaius sat there alone. He sat for a little while, slowly sipping his orange juice, just thinking about things. Weapons, Survival, Nature, Other tributes, Friends, Family, District 3, Home. So this was what it's like to be homesick. Like a little ache inside. Kaius shook his head with a sad smile and finished up his drink. Clearing his tray, Kaius went back to the training room, no point thinking about the things that won't come back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Low Carb Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Carb Only   Low Carb Only Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Low Carb Only
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 32nd Hunger Games :: Reapings and the Capitol-
Jump to: