The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Out for a run (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Out for a run (Open) Left_bar_bleue150/150Out for a run (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Out for a run (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Out for a run (Open)   Out for a run (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 12:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
---District 9---Female---17---

It was a day much like the days before, but unlike the last few days the sun was out making it the ideal time for Willow Sheridan to go outside. It was somewhat warm and there was hardly a cloud in the sky; a beautiful day many would consider. But to Willow it was good wandering aimlessly outside kind of weather and that was just what she was going to do. She left home and as soon as she left the area where the houses of District 9 became the empty fields she began to jog. As she moved through the area she kept up her pace, the slight pounding of her feet created a rhythm with each step she took. Step, step, step. And as the time moved on it began to slow some until she was at a nice walking pace. Everything around her just felt right; being out there just seemed to be where she needed to be.

After a little more walking Willow ended up right in front of a lake, one that looked to be fed through a small spring of water. She walked towards it and bent down, putting her draping hand down to the glassy surface. She let her fingers touch the cool water and as it did a ripple moved away from the point of contact a few feet and distorting the image of herself that was being reflected back to her. She looked at it for a moment as the ripple stopped and the water became still once more. But that was when she noticed the other figure that was being shown on the glassy surface. She turned her head to the side and was able to see the person standing there behind her. "Sorry, didn't see you there..." She said quickly, wondering just how long they had been there.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Out for a run (Open) Left_bar_bleue150/150Out for a run (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Out for a run (Open)   Out for a run (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:10 am

Marty had been strolling about the district, today was an odd day, to say the least, no one was out and about. The whole place seemed like a deserted wasteland without people to liven it up. Deciding it was too ominous in the town, he had headed out to the lake for some peaceful time to think and just do whatever. Naturally, this was where he stumbled upon the first person he had seen all day. She seemed about his age, and had stopped at the lake from a run. Why anyone would go for a run in a desert was beyond Marty. He walked up behind her to say hello, but she spoke first.

"Oh, no problem, I just got here anyways" he said. "So, running? In this horrible heat?"

[Don't have a code for Marty and too lazy right now, so meh.]
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Out for a run (Open)   Out for a run (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:37 am

Willow turned as she looked up at him, still staying bent down for the moment. "Yea...I know its pretty stupid." She quietly laughed a little at herself as she looked down towards the ground, spying and then grabbed a small, smooth rock that happened to be nearby. She stood up as she grinned a little, still thinking about her own stupidity in picking a day like today to go run. But she had to do something, it was oddly quiet around the district today and this boy was the first person she had seen today. "Nothing better to do I guess, so why not just torture myself by running in this heat?" She then tossed the rock that was planted in her hand, letting it skip across the top of the water until it eventually sank. She turned back towards the boy, "I'm Willow, by the way. My mom always told me it was polite to introduce yourself to new people so there we go." She almost held out her hand for him to shake but decided against it, she just felt awkward doing that though she would always return one if he offered his hand to her.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Out for a run (Open)   Out for a run (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:13 am

Hearing her reasoning, Marty smirked, what was with people and always torturing themselves? Weren't the Games enough of a stress inducing event that we would have enough of that? What happened to good old relaxation? She introduced herself, and Marty figured he best return the gesture and said "I'm Marty, or Martin, if you aren't a fan of nicknames" he told her, he had taken notice of her indecision over a handshake and decided not to offer one himself, unsure of if she wasn't a fan of them or something. It was hard to tell from how she'd acted over that.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Out for a run (Open)   Out for a run (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:49 am

Willow nodded and brought her hand up to her neck, rubbing the back of it as she looked towards Marty. She was never great with first impressions and this was just another example of that. "Sorry...I'm obviously not very good with this kind of stuff. Its nice to meet you Marty." She looked around for a moment, trying to think of a way to break her own awkward silence. "So...do you come here often?" She said but quickly shook her head a little bit after the words left her mouth. Do you come here often? That sounds like a really lame pick up line, she thought to herself. "This place is nice, I can't believe I haven't been here more actually." She added, at least she was able to save herself a little from her own slip up.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Out for a run (Open)   Out for a run (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:53 am

Marty chuckled, he had to resist the urge to ask if she was asking him out or something. She seemed a bit nervous about talking and he didn't think it'd be fair to make a joke about her poor choice of words. "Not really, just if things are tense at home, or I just need some time to myself" he says, "Relaxing out here if good for relieving stress, for me at least" he told her. It was weird to him, being able to just come out to the lake and relax and have problems go away, but it worked. Martin wasn't one to argue with results. "Speaking of things we do often, do you run through the desert often?" he asked, smiling to show he was teasing her.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Out for a run (Open)   Out for a run (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:17 am

A wave of relief rushed over Willow as Marty chuckled in response to her previous comment. Well...at least he saw it as a joke. She could feel herself start to relax a bit, the tension she held in her back and shoulders began to subside as she got more comfortable in the situation she was in. Willow chuckled a little after he asked her if she ran in the desert like environment of their district often, averting her gaze down for a second or two then looking back at him. "Not often no, normally I just walk places. But today I was impulsive I guess and decided to do it. Kind of dumb on my part. It wasn't so bad, I didn't even really notice the heat." She nodded knowing full well what he meant when he said he found looking at the lake to be a stress reliever. She was the same way when it came to walking around in the fields. "I think I understand what you mean though. Its sort of the same for me when I go walk in the fields. I just get lost in them and somehow being alone out there just seems to help me think better. I guess its kind of the same." She looked back at the water, remembering how she found herself getting lost in the glossy surface when she first got there she could see herself easily getting lost in her own thoughts for hours just staring at it. She could definitely understand Marty wanting to come here often, it was as she said very nice.

((WHOO post number 1300!!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out for a run (Open)   Out for a run (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out for a run (Open)
Page 1 of 1