The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here we go

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Here we go Left_bar_bleue150/150Here we go Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Here we go Tumblr_mciu3ySKT11qh1748o1_500
Here we go Spencernamebanner
---District 3---Male---18---

Spencer had taken his time and really enjoyed the scenery of the arena as he made his way from the caves to a new location. He had rather enjoyed it, a jungle was something he never thought he would see in his entire life; and now it seemed that it would probably be the last thing he ever saw. Though as he thought about this he didn't think back to home and all the great things he left behind like he assumed most tributes did or as previous victors had stated when they talk about their time in the arena. He just thought about the new things that had been placed in front of him and this made him giddy, almost like a kid on Christmas. The opportunity to learn from his surroundings excited him more that anything. He just kept moving along, keeping an eye on his surroundings and looking to see if anything interesting made itself known to him.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:08 pm

The tribute came across a fairly level part of the hill, where the incline seemed to even out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 pm

Here we go Tumblr_lmahc5r5rs1qay81po1_500

Spencer had realized that he had reached what appeared to be level groud which was different fron the somewhat slopped area he had just been walking down. He stopped, letying himself take in all the sights and sounds around him. His mind raced as he looked down at the even ground and the trees around him and remembered his shovel. "ok then, time to get started. But first I should find a tree with some branches." He nodded and looked around for trees or even just loose branches that had fallen on the ground below him. He was gonna need at least five or six of them...maybe even more. Spencer began to look around at the ground and looking at the trees for any visible branches and sticks he would be able to use.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 4:38 pm

There were about four branches low enough for Spencer to reach, the others rested a bit higher up.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Here we go Tumblr_lmahc5r5rs1qay81po1_500

Spencer saw a few lower hanging branches that he would be able to reach no problem, but get the others he would need he would have to climb higher. He pulled out his knives and cut those four off and dropped them on the ground. He then stuck them into the tree trunk just above his head hoping to use them to help pull himself up higher. He proceeded like this until he found a branch that seemed sturdy enough to hold him and swung his legsover. He looked up and around too see if there were any up near him that he would be able to use.

((think that is ok. If not I can edit))
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 pm

There seemed to be three more branches within his reach.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Here we go Tumblr_inline_mgpantQ8WQ1qjqkyd

Spencer smiled as he saw about three more branches just in his reach. Right now he really appreciated the fact that he was tall and had long arms. He pulled the branches off and then about as gracefully as he could jumped down from the branch. He landed clumsily but came out with no serious injuries so that was all that mattered. Style points didn't get you everywhere. He gathered the seven sticks and put them aside as he grabbed his knife again. He quickly sharpened them all to a point and put them down. Now he cpuld continue with his plan. Spencer grabbed his shovel and started digging down into the ground. Ideally he would need something taller than he was, so maybe about 7 to 8 ft would be the best for his purposes. Spencer continued knowing it would take some time.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Here we go Left_bar_bleue1/1Here we go Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Here we go JakeAbel
I've been walking for a while now. Finally, I'm out of the wetlands and I can sit down without getting my rear wet. But I keep going, though I'm not sure why.

After a few minutes, I decide I really need to rest, so I just lean on the nearest tree. Then I see movement out of the corner of my eye. I tighten my grip on my club and turn my head to look around. I don't see anything yet, though, but I stay ready, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Spencer hears something behind him.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Here we go Tumblr_m6vxua9LfB1qfgnjvo2_500

Spencer was busy digging when he heard the sounds of footsteps hitting the ground behind him. He put the shovel over his shoulder as he turned and saw what was obviously another tribute walking near him. He didn't remember seeing this boy in training but for a moment before the gong rang he could remember seeing him standing by Solange, which meant he was from District 2. He observed him for a moment then stepped to the side and grabbed the front part of his hood. He tipped it down sort of like one would tip down a hat as a greeting, though this one was more awkward and stupid looking. They seemed to exchange eye contact as Spencer nodded his head as a greeting and then he took the shovel and dug it into the earth once more. He couldn't afford to get distracted now.

Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:36 pm

I start to turn back, but then I see it again. There's another tribute there, and he seems to be...digging? As I watch, the tribute stops and looks at me. He does something odd with his hood, then nods to me. At a loss for what else to do, I simply nod back to him.

I watch him for a moment as he goes back to digging, and I think about my options. I could attack him, but he's got a shovel, and I've seen serious damage done with those things. Plus, he may have other weapons on him. I may be trained better, but with a tree branch as my only weapon, I shouldn't be picking fights. My other option is to simply keep going. This guy seems to be content to leave me alone, so I make my decision. I set off again, keeping my distance from the tribute and the pit he's digging.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:29 pm

A crack of thunder startles the two tributes.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:04 am

Here we go Tumblr_luffepIwvH1qflmdgo4_250

Spencer lifted his head as the cracking of thunder echoed through the air and startled him. He looked around up at the sky for a moment then went back to his digging not really paying attention to the other tribute that had passed by at all. He spoke up though, "You should find shelter soon. What we really need to worry about is microbursts; sudden downbursts of air associated with thunder storms." He kept working while he spoke. If the thunder kept up or got even worse he would have to abandon his plan and find someplace different to stay. No, he had to finish this and he had already dug down a bit already. He couldn't let anything stop him now.

Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:07 am

I freeze as I hear thunder. I look up for signs of clouds or lightning, but I can't quite see above me through the leaves of the trees. The other tribute speaks behind me and I turn around to look at him, seeing he's still digging. "Microbursts? Oh, whatever, doesn't matter to me anyway," I say, then I start looking around for shelter. I'd rather not stay so close, but I don't want to be caught in the storm.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:25 pm

More thunder echoed in the air as the rain began to intensify.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Here we go Tumblr_lu2e43JrWP1qflmdgo2_250

Spencer popped his head out of the now 5ft deep hole and looked to see the boy tribute still there. "You probably shouldn't stick around here. There is a storm brewing and being out in the open like this might not be smart. There are some caves a little past the Cornucopia that you could probably take shelter in." He dropped his head back down and popped it back up once more as he thought of one other thing. "Oh, Solange is there too." He then went back to what he was doing. He needed to finish this before the storm got too bad and he only had a few more feet left. Before he got too deep though he climbed out and tied his rope around a nearby tree and threw the rest down the hole. He needed to make sure he had a lifeline after all. Spencer then jumped back into the hole and grabbed his shovel, digging deeper still.

Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 pm

"Caves, you say? I doubt that," I mutter to myself. What if it's actually flat land, and this guy's just trying to trick me? And I doubt Solange is actually out their, if the caves actually exist. And even if she is there, she'll probably try to kill me. I abandoned her; I'd kill me if I was in her shoes. But what if this guy's right? Caves would be a much better shelter anyway. I set off, for real this time. "Thanks for the help," I say over my shoulder to the other tribute as I go on my way.

Luke has left the area
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:14 am

A strike of lightning lit up the area. The storm seemed to be worsening.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:32 am

Here we go Tumblr_md6j6sEHqA1qgjzaqo1_500

Spencer could hear the thunder and see the lightning. The storm was worsening, but he couldn't give up on this just yet. He had already dug so deep to give up now would just be a waste. He looked up to see he was quite a ways down, the top of the hole was a good two feet above his head. This was satisfactory, if he remembered correctly he was one of, if not the tallest tributes in these games so if even he had trouble reaching the top no doubt the others would as well. With the hole dug he grabbed the 7 sharpened sticks and put them into the ground equidistant from each other leaving a little stepping room by the piece of rope that hung over the side of the pit. He looked down and inspected his handiwork, satisfied with the way it turned out. It looked almost like a pit he heard about in a story once, the adventurer narrowly missed falling into a pit lined with sharpened sticks that was camouflaged. Hopefully this one though would catch a tribute in it. He grabbed onto the rope and pulled himself out of the hole without any real trouble doing so and took the time to mentally congratulate himself. He then looked around for things to camouflage the pit with; sticks, leaves, anything would do really.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:31 pm

There were many sticks and leaves about, but they would just fall into the hole instead of cover it, the tribute needed something bigger.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Here we go Tumblr_md6dybdE7s1qalcu6o1_500

Spencer sighed as everything he saw would be great camouflaging but not enough that would cover his hole. He looked over at his stuff and spied the thing of rope that he had as well as the rope he had already used to make a small pack for his stuff. He walked under the tree to give him as much shelter from the rain as was humanly possible as he began to tie together a net. A tarp would be the best thing to use, but there was no way there was a tarp just hiding somewhere in the jungle and even if a sponsor gave him one there was no telling how long it would take to get it. Spencer just tied and tied until he finally constructed a net, with smaller holes that would hopefully not allow too much of the leaves he planned to put on top of it. He brought his hand up to his chin as he observed it, trying to decide if this net would be big enough to drape over the opening.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 1:13 am

Spencer couldn't figure out, he would have to test it out.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 1:26 am

Spencer looked but no matter how hard he tried his skills of observation weren't going to help him this time. He spread the rope net out and put a rock on the two edges of the net then walked it over to the other side of the pit, seeing if it was satisfactory or not. "ok then, lets test this out," he spoke aloud to himself. Luckily if anything happened he still had the other piece of rope that was still tied to the tree and hanging over the side of the pit.

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 3:53 pm

The net just barely covered the hole, but it would need something to hold it against the edges so it didn't slide in.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Spencer noticed his net just made it across the pit. He would just need something to hold it in place but not something that would hold it too good if someone walked over it. He grabbed some of the sticks that he had noticed lying around and put them into the ground just enough to be inconspicuous but not enough that they would hold their place very well with the weight of a person pulling on them. Luckily the ground was slightly soft from the constant rain. He put one on each end of the net and then began to use some of the various leaves and sticks to cover the pit trying to camouflage it as best as he could.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Here we go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here we go   Here we go Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here we go
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 31st Hunger Games :: The Arena :: 31st Arena :: The Hill :: North Side-
Jump to: