The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Minty fresh!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emzink

Emzink

Female Posts : 258
Birthday : 1999-04-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Minty fresh! Left_bar_bleue150/150Minty fresh! Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Minty fresh! Empty
PostSubject: Minty fresh!   Minty fresh! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Leaving the fire making station, I stepped over to the edible plants station. Rows upon rows of potted and dried plants were there on display for tributes to learn about. When i trained with Zan, we covered plants, bit just barely. The trainer there had blonde hair that stuck straight up. His name tag said Davus-Edible plants and water purification. I figured that this was my best bet.
I looked at thee seemingly alike plants, and after what seem like forever I pointed to the first, a shiney green one shaped like an arrowhead. "This one makes you projectile vomit or die, depending on how much you eat, this next one is safe and tastes like mint, and the third can be eaten, if it is washed in sterile water." I shoved the second one into my mouth as the trainer nodded.
He then demonstrated the many ways how one could purify water, like boiling or iodine. "A steri-pen would be easier" I thought to myself. "The easiest way to purify water is to boil it, provided you have the equipment to do so, plus a campfire or campstove. Bring water in a pot over a high heat until you have rolling bubbles, and let them roll for at least five minutes. Then let it cool down before drinking, or you’ll scald your lips and tongue." He looked doubiously at me, as if he thought that I would be dumb enough to drink boiling hot water. Then, as another tribute approached, I nodded in greeting and moved to the knot tying station. 
Back to top Go down

Minty fresh!
Page 1 of 1