The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Health Inquiry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yeomen

Yeomen

Male Posts : 197
Birthday : 1993-05-20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Health Inquiry Left_bar_bleue150/150Health Inquiry Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name:: Viridiana Sovari
Alliance::

Health Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Health Inquiry   Health Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:10 am

Nicanor took the elevator down to the training gym. he had let Lori go before him, since she seemed opposed to them working together in any sorts. The Doors opened up to reveal a giant training facility that left him with an almost awe struck look on his face. He quickly took a glance around the gym, making sure to see where all of the tributes that got there before him were. He decided to start off with something that he knew and was good at, which was medicine. He walked over to the station, which was empty and he did not mind it one bit since he was a little intimidated by all of the weaponry that was stationed across the room. It would take a little getting use to having them trained together so that very soon, they will use that same training they received while in the same training facility, and try to kill each other with it.

He looked back at the station and quickly could distinguish plants and herbs and what there purpose was when it came to medicine and practices. Very quickly he advanced through the beginner stuff and moved to the more difficult medicines. He was a quick learner which made it easy for him to memorize the plants he was just learning, and in no time at all he was successfully picking out which medicines were to treat major burns.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name::

Health Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Inquiry   Health Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:30 am

Health Inquiry April-2
Health Inquiry Lorinamebanner2
---District 12---Female---17---

Lori finished tying a few knots and learned a snare along the way. Although it wasn't something that could outright kill another tribute like a sword could it still had its uses and if anything it meant she could possibly catch food while she was in the arena, because she wasn't going to be running into the Cornucopia for the 'treasures' that awaited her there. She watched how Gunnar got cut down and was determined to not let that happen to her. Lori decided to stick to the survival stations rather than go try and use weapons. She knew what she could use and she wasn't about to broadcast it to the world. No she would rather it be a surprise...or at least let the others think she was weak or just unforgettable so she could sneak around and attack.

Lori approached the medical station, learning what different plants would be useful. She really should have listened to Gunnar when he tried to teach her these things, but she was so young then and how was she to know that in an instant he would be taken away? These were the things he was good at, well now that she thought about it he was good at a lot of things that she never was. Like being friendly and making friends. That was another thing, her personality "...what did Franklin call me 'bland?' What does he know? He doesn't know me..." Lori had been lost in her own thoughts as she approached the table and looked at the plants in front of her. She noticed someone standing there at the station and looked up to see Nicanor. Her eyes darted around for a second or two before training themselves on the plants again, and not daring to look up at him. "...Um...hi," was all she managed to get out as she continued to look down. She tried to name the plants in front of her, but she was getting mixed up. Multiple times the trainer had to have her start over. This really wasn't Lori's forte it seemed.

Back to top Go down
Yeomen

Yeomen

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Health Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Inquiry   Health Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:52 am

Nicanor was just finishing up learning about plants that can help reduce swelling when he caught the glimpse of a person walking up to the station. He took a better look at the person and noticed that it was Lori. He quickly glanced away at the same time that she did, since it seemed a little awkward between them after Franklin had called her bland and he defended her. That is when she tried her luck with the beginner medicinal plants and was having a bit of trouble. Nic looked at the plants and the trouble the instructor was having teaching her. "Hi Lori", Nicanor said while still looking at the plants, "Let me help. You see this plant right here", as he pointed towards a plant called Aloe Vera,"You can remember that this treats burns by association. You see how the plant has little sharp points on the leafs. Just try to remember that the points represent the sharp pain of the burn on your skin. While the green color represents good, that it is good for treating the burns." He hoped that he was doing her good at remembering this plant and was not furthering her difficulty with medicinal plants.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Health Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Inquiry   Health Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:22 am

Health Inquiry Tumblr_ma8wz9LnuJ1rvez7qo6_250

A few more tries and even more fail attempts later, Lori was about to give up and move on. Maybe knowing plants just wasn't her thing. There were plenty of things she wasn't good at, making new friends, being personable and likeable, making a good first impression and now knowing plants. Being in the Capitol only made this list of her flaws even more obvious. She guessed maybe it was just everything; being there and failing at the one thing she was trying to do right then that had set her off when Nicanor came over and tried to help. "Why are you even helping me?" She noticed she had said this pretty loudly, and hushed her voice a bit before looking around to see if anyone was around to hear her. "I know your game, pretend you like me so its harder for me to kill you. Trying to get me attached to you or something..." She could feel her eyes darting around, the same way they did when she got defensive. She didn't like the conflicting feelings she had towards her district partner.

Back to top Go down
Yeomen

Yeomen

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Health Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Inquiry   Health Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:43 am

Nicanor got a pained look on his face when Lori said that he was playing her. He always felt hurt when somebody accused him of such things. It was just not something he would ever do to anyone, he was only trying to be nice to her and had not even thought about trying to use someone that way. "I am helping you because I believe that everyone has the right to know how to take care of themselves. I am nice to everyone unless they give me a reason not to be and you have not given me a reason not to be", Nic said to Lori in an almost whisper, "I am not just going to change who I am because you might kill me. If I am to die in the arena, I want to die the same person I was when I was brought into this world, someone who cares for the well being of others and never lies to someone that would cause them harm." He was starting to get a little upset as he finished his little speech to Lori. He never liked getting upset, it always made him feel like a bad person and somehow it was his fault that he was getting upset, but he saw no other way to try and convince her that he was telling her the truth.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Health Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Inquiry   Health Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:59 am

Health Inquiry Tumblr_mabifhgT9A1qkb8l8o2_r1_500

Lori felt bad for almost the first time in awhile. She knew she could be harsh, but it was just apart of her nature she guessed. She couldn't look into his eyes, it would just make things worse; and so Lori did the one thing she knew how to do she just turned away from Nicanor. She went back to her plant identification, and surprisingly she had somehow learned something about Aloe from the small amount that Nicanor had told her before she snapped at him. She kept trying to get the identifications correct, she was getting a little better but not really fast or anything. She looked over towards Nicanor, "...I'm sorry. I'm just not very...warm and friendly." She assumed he probably wouldn't take her apology, but she felt she needed to say it. Normally she didn't apologize for what she said but there was something different about this boy that made her do things differently than what she normally did.

Health Inquiry Tumblr_m9n9dg3gzz1rn6paio8_250
Back to top Go down
Yeomen

Yeomen

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Health Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Inquiry   Health Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:28 am

When Lori apologized for what she had said, Nic immediately felt bad for what he had said to her. He knew that he was probably right but he hated knowing that he made someone feel bad. "It's alright Lori", he said, feeling bad. He turned back to his plants since he did not know how to continue the conversation since he would probably just make it even more awkward than it had to be. He took a deep breath and started to work on identifying the advanced plants that the instructor had just put in front of him. Even he was having a bit of trouble with these plants, getting some of them wrong on his first time through them. "Do it again", he thought to himself and get on trying to master all of the plants that the instructor threw his way.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Health Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Inquiry   Health Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:46 am

Health Inquiry Tumblr_m9e9wlP7SN1rbikt9o2_500

Lori kept trying to identify the plants in front of her, but still had some problems even on the beginners level. All the green leaves looked the same and there was hardly any distinguishable features to each plant. This was harder than she thought it would be. She continued to work in silence, not speaking to much to the boy who was next to her. "Why don't you say something...? You know how you feel..." Lori tried to shake the voice from her head that was now making itself known. It was a voice she hadn't really heard before, there was the angry voice and the reasonable one, but this voice sounded a bit more sweet, more like smooth velvet than the other two voices. "He doesn't think your bland...and besides, you know you want to..." The voice kept pushing her. Maybe it was right...after all she knew what she had been feeling. "So...the aloe vera, its for burns right?" She awkwardly spoke up as she tried to make conversation.

Back to top Go down
Yeomen

Yeomen

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Health Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Inquiry   Health Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Nic was extremely surprised to hear Lori speak to him again, asking him about the Aloe Vera. he was caught a little off guard but he knew almost everything to do with that plant since it had many different purposes, "Yes it can be used for burns. Another interesting fact about the Aloe Vera plant is that it can also help induce healing in cuts because it is an immune-stimulating and an anti-inflammatory. It is also stimulates collagen synthesis, that is why it is so good with healing burns", he felt himself carry on for a lot more than he thought he should have. But once he got started talking about medicines he was hard to shake from that. "You are just blabbing your mouth now Nicanor", he thought to himself as he started to trail of on his lesson, "She does not want to REALLY talk to me about these plants. She just wants to talk to me... I think."
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Health Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Inquiry   Health Inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Health Inquiry Tumblr_m9e9wlP7SN1rbikt9o2_500

"That's cool..." Lori looked around awkwardly after she let the few words she did say escape her mouth. That was when her subconscious started making itself known again. Each part of her brain seemed to have a different idea on how they should deal with the situation. "You know you can't get attached right? Eventually one or both of you will die. It will be like watching Gunnar die all over again. Then the smooth voice that Lori figured represented her desires chimed in, "Yes...but wouldn't Gunnar want you to be nice?" And of course the judgmental voice came in with its own opinion. "Don't be crazy, its not like he likes you anyways. No one likes you, and you know that. Focus on survival, not making friends or playing nice with the Capitol. The way to get sponsors is to be nice and cheery and lets face it sweetheart, you aren't either of those things. Lori realized as that voice spoke it started to sound more and more like Franklin, just a more angry and grumpy version of Franklin. But the sweet voice got the last word as the innocent tone said, "But what better way to make yourself more likeable than to give them a reason to like you. If someone else does...others will follow...." The words lingered in her mind for a moment as she was still lost in her own thoughts. She didn't even notice she was staring at Nicanor the entire time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Health Inquiry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Inquiry   Health Inquiry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Health Inquiry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 30th Hunger Games :: Reapings and the Capitol-
Jump to: