The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Family Time (cont.)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Family Time (cont.) Empty
PostSubject: Family Time (cont.)   Family Time (cont.) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:51 am

River hurried to the docks, impatient to get moving on her sister Faye's idea. She was rather excited. "Come on, come on, come on!" she squealed, hopping over rocks and running along on the dock, which was permanently dusted with sand, salt, and sea spray. She knew her bare feet would be filthy after this, but she didn't really care. "Which one?" she asked when she could see as many boats as possible, gazing around. "There are so many... even more than before." River peered out, trying to find an empty boat, or at least a boat that didn't look like it had anyone on it.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Family Time (cont.) Left_bar_bleue150/150Family Time (cont.) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Family Time (cont.)   Family Time (cont.) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Family Time (cont.) Tumblr_m44vpkBSrX1r720uzo1_500
Family Time (cont.) Fayenamebanner
---District 4---Female---16---

Faye followed behind her sister as they made their way to the docks. They moved through he sand beach, hopped over a few rocks here and there and now got to the wooden dock that was home to plenty of different sized boats. Faye looked up and down at each one, tryin to find one was that would be unoccupied as well as small enough for just the two of them to sail by themselves. She looked over to River and put her finger to her mouth motioning for her to be quiet. "Shh...you don't want the whole district to know we are going to steal a boat do you?" She brought her hand down and started walking, waving fo River to follow her.

Faye walked along the dock nonchalantly as she looked at each boat she passed. They had passed a small enough looking boat and it was sandwiched between two bigger boats. Perfect. Faye thought to herself. She turned and looked at River, speaking quietly so no unwanted ears were listening. "I think this one is the winner, its small and no one will even notice it is gone." Faye jumped on board and started to untie the rope that held it in place. She looked at River, extending her hand for her to grab.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Time (cont.)   Family Time (cont.) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Family Time (cont.) Create.php?text=River%20Crescent&name=Cursif

Family Time (cont.) Tumblr_m5s772h8U31qclnyl

River was quiet and followed her sister around the dock, picking up stones every now and then and trying to get them to skip. When Faye found the perfect boat, River grinned. She grabbed her sister's hand and stumbled onto the deck. "So, how do we make it go?" she asked cheerfully, hopping around. She looked out at the sea with a smile. "This is going to be fun," she bubbled, getting more excited by the minute. River focused herself and stood at attention for Faye. She saluted. "We are ready to sail, Captain," she giggled. River thought she remembered hearing people use these terms on boats before. "Anchors away!"

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Family Time (cont.) Left_bar_bleue150/150Family Time (cont.) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Family Time (cont.)   Family Time (cont.) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Family Time (cont.) Tumblr_mad5mtjeY61rok5gw

Faye helped River get on the boat then got back on the dock. She pushed the end of the boat away from the dock and jumped back on board. She used the other boats around her as a way to push the boat further into the open water and after they cleared the space she moved to the sails. Faye then untied the rope and let the sails down, letting them catch wind as she retied them back. She leaned back, now taking a much needed break from the work and after a moment to catch her breath she smiled a large smile at River. "So first mate River, where are we headed?" She said in fake, authoritative tone as she put her hands on her hips standing proudly like a captain would. "I say we should head wherever the wind takes us. Full speed ahead!"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Time (cont.)   Family Time (cont.) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:36 am

River smiled. She trailed after Faye, watching her mess with the rope in awe. "How do you remember all that?" she wondered. When Faye called her first mate, River giggled. She noticed Faye's position of what River viewed as vulnerability and took the opportunity to tickle her and dash away with a playful smirk. "Let's go find another ship in the ocean and have a race!" she suggested happily, dancing around the deck. She couldn't wait to get started. River enjoyed the feeling of water under her. It felt natural.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Family Time (cont.)   Family Time (cont.) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:53 am

Family Time (cont.) Tumblr_mad7j48Ai41rok5gw

Faye let out a chuckle as River asked how she remembered all the different kinds of knots, "well, Dad taught me how to do all of these kinds and I guess I just picked up on it. I like to tie them so I always remember. It just comes naturally I guess. I can teach you if you want me to. And as for that boat race, well we would probably lose." Faye ruffled the top of River's head and left a fluffy mess of hair as her hand lifted again. She got back to moving the sails to direct the boat a bit and looked over to River. "Will you make sure to keep an eye out for anything? I will be a little distracted while I'm doing all of this so I may need an extra set of eyes." Faye untied the knots on the sails again and did some readjusting on them before retying them and getting back to her position. She then got an idea. "Hey River, do you think there are any fishing poles on this boat? We could probably catch a few fish while we are out here."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Time (cont.)   Family Time (cont.) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Family Time (cont.) Tumblr_m0wqbrBArX1r426i4o1_500

River giggled, eyes wide with interest. "Sure. That'd be useful to learn, I bet." She skittered around the boat, acting as a lookout at Faye's instruction. "I bet you could win a boat race!" she said in trusting praise, giving her sister a quick hug before she scrounged for fishing poles. River knocked over a pile of buckets by accident, sending them tumbling over the little deck. "Oops..." she stammered, rushing around to pick them up. She put then in a nice, orderly stack somewhere else on deck, and went back to searching for fishing equipment. "Ooh!" she exclaimed, her eyes brightening. "I've got something!" River pulled out a rickety-looking fishing pole. Some component of it made a sproinging noise and flew off in the other direction. River chuckled, grabbing it and sticking it back on. "There's no bait, but I suppose we could make do."
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Family Time (cont.)   Family Time (cont.) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:16 am

Family Time (cont.) Tumblr_mad794ZFnk1rok5gw

The wind moved through Faye's hair, picking up little strands here and there and causing them to fly in twirls around her face. She pushed the few strands that now found there way into her eyes back behind her ears but quickly gave up trying to keep control of them. The wind kept forcing them forwards and into the air again. It seemed they had hit an area that was open enough for them to fish, so Faye brought the sails down and let the boat come to a slow crawl as the wind was no longer pushing it along. Faye moved to River and grabbed one of the fishing poles from her, but fishing without bait would make things more difficult when it came to catching anything. She looked around to see if there was anything shiny they could use as a lure to catch the attention of any passing fish but couldn't find anything. "No bait and no lures, oh well. Maybe we will get lucky and catch something anyways." Faye brought the pole back and let the line go flying out into the water around them. Hopefully she would catch something, that would be great. She abandoned her pole after securing it between a few barrels that were on the deck of the ship and grabbed a piece of rope and moved close to River. She slowly took the two ends and did a simple fisherman's knot and joined the two pieces of rope together. She tied a loose knot on one end of the rope and took the other and put it through the hole formed by the first knot. She then created a second knot in the second end and tightened them both together creating a lock between the two pieces of rope. She undid it and handed the two pieces to River. "Here you try."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family Time (cont.)   Family Time (cont.) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Family Time (cont.)
Page 1 of 1