The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Down along the grassy knoll

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Down along the grassy knoll Left_bar_bleue150/150Down along the grassy knoll Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Down along the grassy knoll Empty
PostSubject: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:17 am

Down along the grassy knoll Tumblr_llbsnrqqI21qda7gdo1_500
Down along the grassy knoll Leninanamebanner
---District 2---Female---18---

Lenina just laid there on the flat, grassy area in a nearby field. Not really thinking but more just staring blankly as the sky moved ever so slightly every few minutes. It seemed lately she kept seeing people, people that she really didn't have the time or even desire to interact with. If they had something more to offer her than she might have shown some interest but it had all just been people that were in her opinion worthless. Lenina's greatest flaw was that she was hardly able to connect with people, and never had she shown any interest in anyone besides herself. Lenina was selfish and harsh, and she would be the first person to admit it too. But she knew that she would need to change. Somewhat if she got picked. She could be as harsh as she wanted to the other tributes, but the people in the Capitol would want someone that was somewhat likeable, that they would want to sponsor.

Lenina really hated thinking about the games, but not for the reasons that most didn't like it. She hated watching them because all she could see were the mistakes of others, their downfalls before they had even happened. She really hadn't expected any of the remaining tributes to win, hardly able to see the strengths they possessed and could only fully see their weaknesses. Like the girl from district 12, she was strong and determined but what the girl lacked at most times was a clear a decisive mind. She was almost wishy washy, running and coming back more than any of the others. Then there was her faithful lackey, the boy from district 3. He was smart but blinded by his own emotions that he wouldn't be able to tell if his allies were going to betray him or not. Then there was the boy from district 4, who missed more than he hit and so far his only redeeming quality had been that he could catch a fish or two. He was not one of the strong careers yet he was the only one left. Then there was his female companion, the girl from district 8. She had no stable alliance and although Lenina respected her for being a lone wolf for so long the girl would never seem to go through with her intentions. Many a time she had run from a battle, her only kills were two mutts and now it seemed she was badly injured and trying to run again. Lenina would never run, she would stay and face death. Then there was the last girl, the weakest of all the remaining competitors. The girl from district 5. The girl had feelings for another tribute, and not only that but she seemed to be riding on the coat tails of the other tributes as she would swoop in for the final blow.

Yes, Lenina couldn't stand the thought of one of them winning, she knew she could do better. She couldn't wait until these games were over. She would volunteer, and she would win. She could see it already, the entire thing. Going to the Capitol, being remade, the chariot rides, the training gym and most importantly the arena in all its glory. Dreaming about it caught her attention, so much so that she barely noticed the person coming near her. She could hear the footsteps in the grass as she shot straight up and turned to face behind her. "Oh...its you, Goody." Lenina laid back down right after saying it.

Last edited by Ari on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Male Posts : 607
Birthday : 1999-02-10

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Down along the grassy knoll Left_bar_bleue150/150Down along the grassy knoll Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name:: Sagittaria Silverhand
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:36 am

Maurice Stephano

Down along the grassy knoll Cody2

Maurice was wandering near the edges of his district. He started going through a field as he saw lenina. He slowly approached her and saw that she noticed him. He walked up"hey there lenina. I was just strolling the edges of the district. Have you had any trouble with kat after our little incident?" he sat down in a relaxed position next to her
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:56 am

Lenina gave a sideways stare towards Maurice, rolled her eyes a little and even gave him a playful grin. "No, I haven't seen her since the incident. Which I am not going to complain about. But it seems like most people have been avoiding me lately." She stared back up at the sky, "Again...not complaining about that either. So...why aren't you watching the games right now?" Lenina just continued to stare up, not really making eye contact with the boy next to her. Out of everyone in district 2, he seemed to be the only one that got her. But she wasn't going to let him know that.
Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Maurice Stephano

Maurice was he wasn't watching the games, it was mainly because he didn't see any good kills In the near future. That was his favorite part. The bloodbath was always his favorite part of the game. "there wasn't enough action for my liking, what is your reason for not watching the games. he stayed in the same position and watched the clouds roll bye gently.

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Lenina heard what Maurice said and gave a small nod of approval. There wasn't too much action going on right now which made things a lot less interesting. Plus watching the games means having to really watch them and analyze them with her father. "I'm not watching them because I don't think any of those tributes could actually win. They are all pretty weak. Besides...I don't feel like dealing with my father today and that means staying out of the house while the games are on. While everyone else could care less now that the two tributes from our district are dead. Craven is at home probably nit picking every move those kids make. I just don't feel like hearing it today." She laid back down and then looked up to Maurice. She pat gently at the grass, motioning for him to join her, adding in "So....why do I keep running in to you lately? It seems that everywhere I turn you are around somewhere."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Rafe Terrn
Down along the grassy knoll Rafeterrn

Rafe had climbed back over the fence into the district, and found himself in a grassy area, two others were there, one lying down and one sitting. He was an a high point for social interaction after his time spent with Astrid over the last few days. Rafe decided to make a few friends here. He walked up to them, "Uh, hey, I'm Rafe" he said, waving.
Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Maurice Stephano
maurice knew he has been meeting up with lenina alot recently, he had no good explanation for it though. "freak coincidence i guess" he said as he layed down on the place lenina implied. then he saw another boy walk up. all Maurice knew about him was that he was the cousin of last years district two male, flint. "Hey there, im maurice" he says as he leans up a little.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Lenina looked over to Maurice then turned onto her side and propped her head up on her hand. "A freak coincidence huh? If I didn't know better I would think you have been following me." She smiled a little before continuing, "That is another thing I'm not really complaining about though." Lenina then heard the voice that was now coming towards them. She barely moved her body, just tilted her head to face the direction that the noise was coming from. It was the boy from the training center. Terrn. She raised her eyebrow a bit before sitting up and facing him. She was still a little mad that he had ignored her the first time they had met, and she wasn't one to forget those types of things. "Oh well look, its the other Terrn. Decided now that I am worth your precious time." She grinned at him a little bit. "I guess you can join us if you want to, I really don't care."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Rafe Terrn

Rafe remembered the girl, Lenina had talked to him shortly when he'd said his name, but he shrugged. "I was a little busy being annoyed by that kid" he pointed out. "Right now I don't really have much other than time| he adds, "Mind if I sit down?"
Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Maurice Stephano
"i guess i must of been lonely, and decided to follow you" Maurice said with a small laugh. he was trying to be honest. "well, i heard the bane of you existence, katriel was moving over to district one." then he looked over to the boy walking up to them, it was lenina's decision if he could join them or not.
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Down along the grassy knoll Lenina

Lenina brought her hand to her chest and pretended to swoon a little. "Oh, how sweet." She said sarcastically before going back to her more serious tone of voice. "I knew you were following me. Word of advice, try not to be so obvious next time. Some girls won't find it so endearing. And yes...I heard about Katriel, and I will not be there for her going away party." Lenina turned her torso towards Rafe who was still standing there, and still needed to ask if he could join them. "I thought I made it pretty clear by saying I didn't care if you joined us. But since you need to actually hear a clear answer, yes feel free to join us and please don't mind my obvious excitement and how much I am jumping for joy." Lenina rolled her eyes before laying back down on the grass, getting back to looking up at the sky.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Rafe Terrn

Rafe dropped himself to the grass beside the two. "So, what are your two plans for the games, if you get reaped?" or volunteer... he thought, but he wasn't going to talk about volunteering, because he promised Astrid he wouldn't. It was still a good conversation starter for most people in the Career Districts his age, a lot wanted in to prove them selves.
Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Maurice Stephano

Maurice laughed a bit as lenina pretented to be swept off her feet. Then rafe asked a question he gas been rolling ovee in his head for a while. "well I would make the capitol love me, then train like a mad man. I would want, no NEED to win those games. he then waited to hear what lenina's plan was.

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:30 am

Down along the grassy knoll Tumblr_ltp89hfghd1qgabr4o1_500

Lenina knew exactly what she would do when she went into the games. And she was going into the games, that was a fact. But the one thing that confused her about this question was why Rafe was so interested. But she didn't care enough to try and delve to find out why he was asking. "Well...I am going to volunteer. It is my last year eligible and if I don't now my father will kill me himself. The only reason he puts up with me now is because I am eligible for the games. And I will win, even without the help of the Capitol. Screw them, I won't need the help of sponsors when I have myself. Then all I have to do is rely on my instincts and meet up with the careers. Then just kill all the competition, it really isn't too difficult to come up with a plan." She looked over to Rafe, now interested in what his answer would be. "What about you Terrn. Plan to be like your cousin and try to dominate then get killed by a rock? Or is it too soon to talk about that? Because I can back off if that is too sensitive for you." Lenina gave a half smile towards Rafe, not really caring that she was being a heartless robot.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:43 am

Rafe Terrn

Rafe sighed, "Well, I'm not planning on volunteering" he said, "Anymore" he added, without specifying why. "But" he continues, "If I get reaped and have to go in, I'm going to find one ally, maybe my District Partner or another Career, and go to the final six with them, killing everything." he says, "And then I leave my ally and kill off the remaining tributes to win" he concludes. He looks over at Lenina, "And no" he says, "I don't plan on being killed by a rock" he says, finishing his plan off with a subtle warning not to poke at the fate of his cousin.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:23 am

Lenina smiled genuinely after Rafe responded. "Good to know. I'd hate for someone with your potential to get killed off when you could actually win. And if we both go in...I will help you. But be prepared to die by my hand when the time comes." Lenina sat up and looked towards Rafe. "So, why aren't you going to volunteer. Or is that another one of those sensitive questions that I'm not allowed to ask or talk about? Because if so, you are going to have to get over your insecurities. Especially if I end up being the one to help you in the games."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:45 am

Rafe Terrn

Rafe grinned a bit, "No, thats not a tough subject or anything," He says, gazing out at the distant mountains. "Flint is a rough patch in conversations, but my whole not volunteering is just a promise I made to someone" he says, thinking of Astrid. "I used to want to volunteer and prove that I'm better than Flint, but..." he trailed off for a few seconds. "I was convinced that there are more important things I guess" he said. After a bit of silence he asks, "So uh, what kind of weapons do you use?"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:58 am

Down along the grassy knoll Lenina2

Lenina rolled her eyes a bit, more important things only meant one thing and one thing only. There was some girl he was interested in. "So...what's her name?" Lenina said as she raised an eyebrow. She gave a quick look over to Maurice and formed the plan into her mind. It would be fun, and she wanted to find out exactly what Maurice thought of her. Lenina scooted a little closer to Rafe and put her hand on his shoulder. "Well...I hope that whoever she is doesn't ruin any chance we may have. You never know what our sponsors or mentors may want for us to do." Lenina smiled as sweetly as she possibly could. God she hated pretending to be sweet. She then smiled when Rafe asked about what weapons she used. She loved talking about her weapon choice. "Well, I use the swiss dagger. I also am great with any throwing weapon, particularly throwing knives. I like something that I can use to cause a slow death." She brought herself close to Rafe's face, her lips just touching his ear. "That is kinda my thing." She pulled back and gave him a mysterious smile.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 am

Rafe Terrn

Rafe's face had a slightly bewildered expression on it, a mix of confusion and surprise. "Well, I'll make sure to put any chance of them trying to make us a couple to rest at the interviews. Don't worry" he said, she got right up to his ear talking about her favorite weapons. He pulled away slightly and turned to look at her as she moved away. Her smile was a bit creepy, but he remembered she'd glanced at Maurice first and figured it was some joke. "I'll keep it in mind" he says.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:19 am

Lenina tried her hardest to be as seductive as possible, but it really wasn't working. It seemed that neither of the guys here with her seemed to be catching on to what she was doing. She narrowed her eyes at Rafe, angry that he didn't seem to get what she was trying to do. But then again, maybe she just wasn't great with flirting like she had hoped she was. It was really her personality pushing people away, very similar to how it had always been. That was exactly why Lenina really didn't have to many friends around the district.

Lenina forced a fake smile onto her face and turned to Rafe. "Well, I'm so glad that I can count on you to stop any nasty rumors from going around. You are such a good friend." She said as she smacked Rafe's shoulder as hard as she could. She then stood up and looked at both of the boys then turning and started walking away. Not sure where...but away. Her plan had backfired on her and she was not pleased.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:23 am

Rafe Terrn

Rafe rubbed his shoulder, getting the hint. Maybe he was supposed to help her along with her little charade? He looked over at her, twisting his head around. "Well you can't just leave, it'd be lonely with just us guys here" he says, grinning. One person trying to annoy someone, maybe. Two people? Might as well call it in as finished.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:59 am

Lenina turned back around facing Rafe and put her hand on her hip. She raised her eyebrow and even had her signature scowl on her face. "I can't leave? Who is gonna stop me? Are you gonna stop me Terrn, because the only way you could possibly stop me from leaving is by forcing me to stay and I can tell that you wouldn't do that." Lenina crossed her arms and rolled her eyes a bit waiting for Rafe's response. If he had caught on to what she was trying to do than he would hopefully know what to do. Or not...she really didn't care at this point. Her plan had already backfired in her face once and she wasn't even sure that it would actually work now.
Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Maurice Stephano

Maurice watched as rafe and lenina started going off in their own conversation. he had zoned out a little though. he saw lenina start to leave, he had talked with her for a little, and he was fine with what he got, chatting wise, he stayed on the ground and watched the sky. rafe could handle lenina.

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Lenina looked between both of the boys in front of her. They were both obviously oblivious to what was going on. "That's exactly what I thought." She paused for a moment, letting those words sink in as she called them cowards. "Guys are so stupid, I don't know how there hasn't been a female victor in the last two games." She rolled her eyes and turned from them. She threw up her hand in the air in some weak attempt at a wave. Lenina was utterly disappointed in the two boys that she was just with, neither had done what she wanted them to. This got Lenina thinking. Maybe she wasn't able to get people to do things for her like she was able to when she was younger. Was it her personality? Lenina shook her head, who cares? You have to be cold to win and get ahead. Lenina turned her head slightly, just enough to see the boys behind her but quickly turned it back forward. She was sick of looking at them, and maybe if Maurice ever caught on he would at least have the privilege of watching her leave.
Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Maurice Stephano

Maurice was getting tired of the back and forth no don't leave conversation going on between the two people next to him "Rafe, why don't you let her do whatever the hell she wants. he said, not breaking eye contact with the sky.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down along the grassy knoll   Down along the grassy knoll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down along the grassy knoll
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 2 :: The Nut-
Jump to: