The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Out In The Fields

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Out In The Fields Left_bar_bleue150/150Out In The Fields Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:15 am

I had watched the recap of Brandon's death, it wasn't even by another tribute..No it was by some filthy mutts! I got up smashing things in the house angry, with myself and angry at the games. How could he just leave like that? It wasn't real.. It just wasn't real. I ran out the door slamming it and I ran far and fast away from it all. Soon enough I dropped to my knees in the middle of the fields and I screamed. I started to fall onto my hands now and they dug into the ground. He was gone, gone for good, gone forever and I wasn't getting him back. I began to cry and soon it grew to sobs and I found it hard to breathe. "Why?" I mumbled sniffling and continued to cry. It just wasn't fair. I hated these bloody games, and that was final.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Out In The Fields Left_bar_bleue150/150Out In The Fields Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:33 am

"Hey, com're ya little rascal!" Derald warned the little border collie running around the fields. The black and white dog, Dusk, got bored that day and went for a mad dash towards the fields as Derald chased it back. Sometimes, he doesn't know what's on that dog's mind. As he whistled towards Dusk, it finally came to halt and Derald scooped it up, "You're gonna be in a looooooot of trouble, buddy."

All the dog did was lick him as an apology and before Derald could head back to their farm, he heard an ear piercing scream from the middle of the fields. He put Dusk down as he gestured it towards the scream and they both headed towards it. Did an animal went bersek and attack someone or something? No, nothing like that at all. When Derald approached a figure on the ground, he realised that it was Fleur, remembering right before Dusk ran out, Brandon was killed. His uncle was raging about the fact that a mutt killed him just like that. "Fleur?" Derald said in a softer voice, not really sure what happened to her. She looked absolutely broken and Derald didn't know how to approach her at all. "You okay?"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:48 am

I was just staring at the ground and the blonde hair was covering my whole face. Tears dripped down a few times hitting the ground as my arms shook, they were barely able to keep up my own weight and I couldn't help it, the sobs shook my body. Soon enough Derald and his dog were by my side. I managed push myself up into a sitting position and then I brushed my hand through my hair has I sniffled. "What do you think?" I asked softly looking up at Derald, "Pretty stupid thing to ask right now." I said calmly.

I sat there tears streaming down my face.. I wasn't going to get up, no I couldn't not ever..I just couldn't make myself move.. Brandon suffered terribly but now..It was all over..Everything..His mother was going to be upset to no end. I couldn't help her, she hadn't liked me since day one. Soon enough a few drops of rain came down and it only reminded me of Aurie and Brandon, what about Aurie? What was it like for her? To have Brandon go? Poor her.. I need to see her soon I had to. We would get through together. I reached out my shaky hand to the dog and pet the dog and sniffled again.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:05 am

Derald rubbed the back of his neck and pulled into a small smile, "Yeah, I guess it's kinda stupid." He felt kinda stupid, he was never good at comforting someone at all. What was he suppose to say? In the end, he didn't say anything at all. He took off his hat and sat down in front of Fleur, seeing her cry as they sat in silence for a while. Derald wondered how horrible it was to see someone you love so much, die right in front of you while all you could do was sit there and watch helplessly. He let her have some quiet time to herself before deciding to ask, "Wanna talk 'bout it?"

No one else was around the fields, everyone was probably home watching the games, after Brandon died. Dusk nudged into Fleur's hand as she pet it, showing a contented smile as it waged its tail. It then rubbed on Fleur's leg lovingly, doing the comforting for Derald. Dusk was probably a better candidate to comfort Fleur at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:12 pm

I wiped my tears away but only to have more fall down my face. I didn't know what to do or what to say anymore. I just didn't, it hurt to lose Brandon as soon as I had him. I wanted this to be a dream, why couldn't it not be true. I didn't even feel motivated to talk to my horses. I continued to pet the dog and I gave a weak smile to the dog.

Soon enough Derald asked if I wanted to talk about it. Did I want to talk about it? Or was it better to keep it inside, I knew better. "It's hard losing someone Derald..Someone close to you..He was even one of my best friends and now he's gone completely gone, it doesn't feel real..It feels like a nightmare, one you can't get out of, one that will haunt you for the rest of your life..I could have volunteered to go in and be with him and die as well but deep down my own selfish self wouldn't do it." I said and it felt like it was harder to breathe. "Deep down.." I paused as my lip trembled. "Deep down I know he's not coming home alive." and at that point I broke down again and my arms wrapped around his dog as I cried. I'd prefer a human hug but dogs were understanding as well.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Derald listened to Fleur as he gave a sympathetic smile to her, seeing her cry again. Dusk let her hug it awhile before squirming out of discomfort, going back down on all fours and sat beside Fleur. Derald got up kneeling and pulling Fleur into a warm hug, " Com're..."

He let her cry it all out first, all they could hear was the sobs and the animals not too far away. Derald started to talk to Fleur, "I don't have the rights to say that it'll be okay since I don't know what you're going through, but I'm gonna say it anyway. It'll be alright, okay? Brandon wouldn't want to see you like this, so you'll hafta be strong and get through this together with everyone else." Seeing Fleur like this made him remember himself the time when he lost his parents but he no longer feel devastated over it. "It's okay to cry but remember to smile after it all, if not, we'd be lettin' the Capitol walk all over us and win. I'm sure Brandon would want you to get back up on your feet too," Derald continued, it was a little awkward since they've only met a few times but it was something Derald couldn't just leave her here alone.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Out In The Fields Create.php?text=Fleur&name=BrockScript

When the dog left I sniffled, he was still near by but he left me and I was no longer being comforted by the dog. As more tears streamed down my face that was when Derald came and wrapped me up in a hug and it only made things worse, I began to sob again and I was hiding my face in my hands.

That was when he started to speak, all I did was listen to his words and nod at certain spots. "Your right, but I don't know anything anymore, I want the Capitol to suffer, not just because of my suffering but for every family who has suffered from the games, every friend of a tribute who has suffered, all the districts who have suffered, I want the Capitol to suffer as well. I know eye for an eye is not the way to go but they need to feel our sufferings." I said starting to shake as tears streamed down my face.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:44 am

Derald laughed and joked, "so what should we do? Throw their kids into the arena?" Actually that didn't sound like a bad idea. Though Derald knew better than to say more, if a peacekeeper was to overhear their conversation, they'd definitely be whipped. Derald couldn't help but imagining the Capitol kids being thrown into the arena, cowering in fear. Dusk barked, agreeing with the idea as it got up and licked Fleur's face, wiping away her tears.

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:57 am

Out In The Fields Create.php?text=Fleur&name=BrockScript

I gave Derald a smile and shook my head at his joke, "It's not a bad idea at all." I say and then watch the dog. "What's your dog's name?" I asked and then as the dog came to lick my tears away I laughed. "Stop!" I said while laughing, "That tickles!" I said and began to wipe the dog slobber off my face. Then I began to pet him. "Uh, thank you.. For comforting me, both of you." I said to both Derald and the dog.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:48 am

Derald chuckled as he felt Dusk on his back, licking away Fleur's tears. He let go of her to face her and grinned, "Feelin' better?" Derald sat back down, rubbing Dusk's ear as he introduced her, "She goes by the name Dusk. She's a beauty isn't she?" Dusk barked at the compliment and waged her tail, being petted and rubbed by so many people. Derald smiled as she thanked the both of them, "Well I'm not the best person to look for comforting, but Dusk's great at that. Whenever you're feelin' down again, you can come look for us. Or maybe just Dusk," Derald then thought of something to cheer Fleur up and beamed, playing around with his hat, "But I have good jokes! Wanna hear one?"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:11 pm

I kept laughing, Dusk continued to lick my face and it tickled. I took my shirt and wiped the dog slobber off my face and laughed. "So much for washing my face today." I said. "Dusk is pretty, she's a very beautiful dog." I say and then pet her and smile. "How long have you had Dusk?" I asked. I nodded and smiled to Derald's offer, "Thanks, I'll keep it in mind." I then looked up at him, "A joke? I wouldn't mind that." I say with a bright smile.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 pm

"Free face washing service by Dusk!" Derald laughed as he helped wipe off some slobber on Fleur's face. He plopped his hat onto the dog as she barked again, thanking for the compliment, before trying to get hold of thr hat on top of her head. "Had her for 'bout 5 to 6 years? I kinda lost count," Derald confessed, grinning sheepishly, "My uncle got her from the Upper District when she was just a little pup."

Derald smiled again as he started an old joke his uncle told him once, " There was once a man from the Capitol who was visiting a small farm, and during this visit he saw a farmer feeding pigs in a most extraordinary manner. The farmer would lift a pig up to a nearby apple tree, and the pig would eat the apples off the tree directly. The farmer would move the pig from one apple to another until the pig was satisfied, then he would start again with another pig.

The Capitol man watched this activity for some time with great astonishment. Finally, he couldn't resist saying to the farmer, 'This is the most inefficient method of feeding pigs that I can imagine. Just think of the time that would be saved if you simply shook the apples off the tree and let the pigs eat them from the ground!'

The farmer looked puzzled and replied, 'What's time to a pig?' " Derald remembered being intrigued by the humor when he was 10 and he used to observe the pigs for a period of time. Coming to the conclusion that pigs don't really care about time.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 am

I smiled at Dusk and Derald. They were both a pair of lovely people and I was very thankful for them. I nodded my thanks as Derald wiped the rest of the dog slobber off my face. That was when he was getting ready to tell me his joke. I listened carefully so I wouldn't miss anything and then when he finished I laughed a bit. "That's actually pretty good." I said and then I took a deep breath in and sighed lightly.

I got up standing up and offered him a hand, "Come on." I said smiling, "I know of a place we can check out and explore, it'll be fun..Fields holds too many memories anyway." I say and wait for him to now say something.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:33 am

Derald grinned, glad that Fleur felt at least a little better. He gladly took the hand and got up, putting his hat back on, "Sure, exploration sounds more fun than taking care of the pigs. Lead the way." He smiled and let Fleur lead the way, whistling for Dusk to follow them as well.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:00 am

I smiled and I was rather content that Derald said he'd come with me on an adventure. I needed to get my mind off things and what a perfect way to do so. I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes for a moment. Soon enough after knowing the winds and which direction they were coming at I grinned. "Alright, you think you can keep up with my pretty boy? Because we aint doing no jog." I said bugging him partly. "We're going to run and I hope you can keep up, don't wanna leave ya behind." I said and then started to run off treading through the fields like I have done many many times before.

I then ran faster loving the feel of it and with the wind hitting me it made me want to laugh and so I laughed, letting it free. I was leaving my troubles behind me for the day and hopefully I needed to occupy myself daily. I continued to run and I noticed Dusk keep up and bark and it made me laugh and feel warm inside. Soon enough though I tripped, typical thing. I fell on the ground and I was laying in the field, breathing. That was a nice run but now was time to catch my breath and laugh because I fell. I rolled over on my back and looked at the clouds. "They're pretty." i mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:54 am

"Oh don't underestimate me, munchkin. I don't chase chickens and pigs for nothin'," Derald grinned, bugging her back for calling him a pretty boy as he see Fleur get a head start. He loved to run and he sprinted after her, catching up with her easily, letting themselves go for awhile. The little adrenaline rush felt great in addition with the breeze. "Wooooo!"Derald shouted and threw his hat up in the air while Dusk caught up and barked. Derald laughed along with Fleur before seeing her trip. He came to a surprising halt and looked back to see if she was okay.

Derald was still laughing a little as he asked Fleur who was now lying on the ground, with a bright smile on her face, "you okay there?" He grabbed back his abandoned hat and plopped down on the ground beside Fleur, catching his breath while she looked up at the clouds. He grinned, pointing up to the sky to one of an oddly shaped cloud, "I don't know if they're pretty but that kinda looks like ice cream on a cone." Dusk ran back towards the two, realising that she had ran ahead without them and whined before sandwiching herself in between them and laid down, panting.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:31 am

I laughed as Derald made his comments about the clouds and then soon enough he pointed out a cloud and I smiled. "That's pretty neat how they change shapes and look like that." I say and then stay focused on the clouds as I calm down. "If you look hard enough, you can see the clouds moving, almost like the whole world spins before you and you're at a stand still point." I say smiling and then I got up. "Alright time to go on an adventure and this time we can walk." I say laughing a bit and then continued to walk and looked at places.

Soon enough off in the distance I saw people and pointed to them. "We an go see them." I suggested and flashed a smile on Derald.

(The people she's talking about is Maya and Aria.. they're in another field topic and we can join them! Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:12 am

Derald grinned as he looked towards Fleur, "Yeah, and the stranger thing is in fact that we're the ones spinnin'!" He glanced back up to the clouds and just said aloud without thinking, "Why cain't we just be clouds, lazin' around in the sky all day and night." Dusk whined a little, disagreeing with that absurd idea, it would be overly boring! Derald chuckled a little towards his dog.

He pushed himself up and got onto his feet, sweeping away any hay or grass on him and placed his hat back on. Derald smiled and joked, "Sure, adventure we go! Though runnin' did sound more appealin'. " Dusk followed closely in between them, already excited on the next thing on their to do list. Dusk hadn't had such a fun day out of the farm for awhile now, so running out of the house was a good idea!

The fields were kinda huge, almost as if never ending and it was quite easy to get lost in them, Derald was glad that Dusk was with him and not one of the pigs. If so, he was absolutely certain that he'd get lost. They came to a pause as Fleur pointed out the people not too far away. Derald returned the smile to Fleur, heading towards that direction already, "Sounds like a good idea."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Out In The Fields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out In The Fields   Out In The Fields Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out In The Fields
Page 1 of 1